These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Deep Space Transport Rebalance

First post First post
Author
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#161 - 2014-05-18 16:05:13 UTC
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback so far.

We're definitely going to deal with the issues surrounding deploying and scooping of structures, either by changing the way fleet hangars interact with structures in space or by increasing the cargo holds to 4k so that you can get above 8k with expanders. Once I do a bit more investigation into that first option we'll update you guys with the progress.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Jattila Vrek
Green Visstick High
#162 - 2014-05-18 16:13:58 UTC
I have a question for the general public here.

Right now I use cloak+MWD on my DST. I can't fit cloak+MWD+MJD without major sacrifices to my fit. Is it possible to activate MJD+cloak and move 100+ km from the gate whenever the gate is camped before anyone can lock me? MJD on it's own will get scrammed, but maybe it'll work when combined with a cloak.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#163 - 2014-05-18 16:26:07 UTC
Khadann wrote:
"+2 Warp Core Strength"

The only way this ship would be viable for me going through low sec would be to add a 3rd warp core strength

The Impel has seven more low slots... Even the Bustard has three more low slots...

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#164 - 2014-05-18 16:36:06 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

We're definitely going to deal with the issues surrounding deploying and scooping of structures, either by changing the way fleet hangars interact with structures in space or by increasing the cargo holds to 4k so that you can get above 8k with expanders. Once I do a bit more investigation into that first option we'll update you guys with the progress.

Hopefully the first option works!

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Aluka 7th
#165 - 2014-05-18 16:56:55 UTC
Jattila Vrek wrote:
I have a question for the general public here.

Right now I use cloak+MWD on my DST. I can't fit cloak+MWD+MJD without major sacrifices to my fit. Is it possible to activate MJD+cloak and move 100+ km from the gate whenever the gate is camped before anyone can lock me? MJD on it's own will get scrammed, but maybe it'll work when combined with a cloak.

In first implementation there was a bug where you could cloak, MJD would spull and you would jump 100km still being cloaked all the time, even at destination Lol
Now activating MJD "disables" cloak.
Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#166 - 2014-05-18 17:01:08 UTC
Has anyone mentioned how abused the fleet hangar will be to "Launder" gank loot

Now, instead of slowboating an orca, you can have a DST wait 100km from the freighter and MJD into position, launder the drops from the freighter and then peace out just as easily. All while avoiding a messy suspect flag.
Jattila Vrek
Green Visstick High
#167 - 2014-05-18 17:03:46 UTC
Aluka 7th wrote:

Could you pls. elaborate?
Starting the spool-up disables cloak or when you are cloaked with MJD spooling up, the cloak automatically deactivates the moment you microjump away?
Aluka 7th
#168 - 2014-05-18 17:08:21 UTC
Jattila Vrek wrote:
Aluka 7th wrote:

Starting the spool-up disables cloak or when you are cloaked with MJD spooling up, the cloak automatically deactivates the moment you microjump away?

Activating MJD deactivates cloak and you can't activate/ reactivate cloak while MJD spools up.
Jattila Vrek
Green Visstick High
#169 - 2014-05-18 17:12:56 UTC
Aluka 7th wrote:
Jattila Vrek wrote:
Aluka 7th wrote:

Activating MJD deactivates cloak and you can't activate/ reactivate cloak while MJD spools up.

Ok, thnx. Then fitting MMJD is useless.
Aluka 7th
#170 - 2014-05-18 17:26:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Aluka 7th
Jattila Vrek wrote:
Aluka 7th wrote:
Jattila Vrek wrote:
Aluka 7th wrote:

Ok, thnx. Then fitting MMJD is useless.

Actually if they add or not bubble immunity and reduce warp strength from +2 to +1 like I've explained in detail on page 7 that they should, MJD would benefit you in case when pointed by HIC infinite point and also when pointed by multiple long points (they dont turn off MJD). Still IMHO fast guy with T2 short point should be able to stop you and you would have to crash the gate. If +2 stayed then you would need two scrams or one faction which I think is little over te top to ask from person trying to kill DST but still ok overall I guess. So with suggested change it would not be overpowered (would be killable with proper gate camp) and still it can move fast through 0.0, without pain of drag bubbles, refueling capitals/POSes and bringing spare fits to fleet for refit thought mobile depots.
Jattila Vrek
Green Visstick High
#171 - 2014-05-18 17:34:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Jattila Vrek
New question (I feel like I'm a noob again):
if I press align, activate MJD and then get scrammed during spool-up, will it still spool up and MJD me away or does the scram prevent the MJD from working?

Edit: found my answer on Eve Uni wiki: If the MJD is charging and you are warp scrammed during the spool up, your jump will fail.
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#172 - 2014-05-18 17:39:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Medalyn Isis
Aluka 7th wrote:
Jattila Vrek wrote:
Aluka 7th wrote:

Dam, didn't realise they changed that. Must have been a while since I used them last.
Pashino
Venice Academy
#173 - 2014-05-18 17:42:23 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Good for this approach

You addressed the issue of bubble immunity for the BR's (and I concur it would make them OPed) but no comment on adding that feature to DST's yet, is that still on the table?
Station Sitter
Heavy Star Industries
#174 - 2014-05-18 17:43:35 UTC
Deploying and Scooping to Fleet Hangars would help a LOT of ships...
Narjack
CragCO
#175 - 2014-05-18 18:39:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Narjack
Wish there was a bit of diversity here. For instance perhaps the Caldari DST could gain some bonus to ECM bursts? Some set up for buffer tank, others self repair? I don't know, they just seem awfully all alike. Of course, I know that makes it really hard to balance and if one race is so obviously better then that's all you'll see. But perhaps focus some being better in null sec environments, some better for low sec, and then some for highsec? (mix of align times, tank, ways to get out of trouble etc per what you tend to run into in each region?)
Poke InTheEye
Doomheim
#176 - 2014-05-18 18:58:38 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

If you force us to use expanders to launch large towers, then you might as well do away with the fleet hangar and just make things work as they do now. If a large tower can fit in the hangar, I shouldnt have to gimp my ship to get it in place just because there is no way to get it in and out of space.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remove the cooldown for launching modules into space. Especially if you force us to do one at a time by moving them from a fleet hangar into a cargo bay.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#177 - 2014-05-18 19:11:41 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Any thoughts on bubble immunity? It would be a nice complement to BR's ability to warp cloaked. You could increase their mass to compensate.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#178 - 2014-05-18 19:24:41 UTC
Note: The increased powergrid on some of these can be used to fit an oversized AB. Might be interesting to see how fast that goes OH on the mastodon...
M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#179 - 2014-05-18 19:26:35 UTC
Bait Mastodon here I come! Fill it full of hookers and crash and have some fun.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Jattila Vrek
Green Visstick High
#180 - 2014-05-18 19:34:14 UTC
Catherine Laartii wrote:
Note: The increased powergrid on some of these can be used to fit an oversized AB. Might be interesting to see how fast that goes OH on the mastodon...

Mastodon has 270 PG, Experimental 100MN AB requires 625. May not be impossible, but you won't be able to fit much else than fitting mods.