These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Kronos] Mordu's Legion

First post First post First post
Author
Ashley Animus
7th Temporal Lounge
#821 - 2014-05-17 10:51:59 UTC
Looking at the raw models on sisi i have to say that graphics wise they are already the best looking ships. Very smooth edges and nicely detailed engines! These ships are going to be awesome.
Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#822 - 2014-05-17 11:11:51 UTC
Ashley Animus wrote:
Looking at the raw models on sisi i have to say that graphics wise they are already the best looking ships. Very smooth edges and nicely detailed engines! These ships are going to be awesome.


Not sure if oblivious our just trolling, but I'm going to go with the latter.
stoicfaux
#823 - 2014-05-17 11:48:39 UTC  |  Edited by: stoicfaux
Sirinda wrote:
Ashley Animus wrote:
Looking at the raw models on sisi i have to say that graphics wise they are already the best looking ships. Very smooth edges and nicely detailed engines! These ships are going to be awesome.


Not sure if oblivious our just trolling, but I'm going to go with the latter.

The models for the Barghest and Orthrus are on sisi, but no textures. So imagine a white frying pan.

The ships still aren't seeded yet though.


edit: Also, try having a little more faith in your fellow EVE play............ahahahahahahah! Sorry, couldn't say it.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Orla- King-Griffin
#824 - 2014-05-17 12:01:51 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

The models for the Barghest and Orthrus are on sisi, but no textures. So imagine a white frying pan.

The ships still aren't seeded yet though.


edit: Also, try having a little more faith in your fellow EVE play............ahahahahahahah! Sorry, couldn't say it.

confirmed, i'd say sterile paddle thoughBlink.

Ah shite...

Rajeet Achmar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#825 - 2014-05-17 15:40:09 UTC
Ashley Animus wrote:
Looking at the raw models on sisi i have to say that graphics wise they are already the best looking ships. Very smooth edges and nicely detailed engines! These ships are going to be awesome.


I agree too, saw the raw white untextured models detail on engines and joints and liked what i saw. Cant wait for textures now!
scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#826 - 2014-05-17 20:13:55 UTC
I heard that the SoE and Mordu's ships are both coming out of the same region of space. Man, that is some very random luck for someone I'm sure...
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#827 - 2014-05-17 20:20:00 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
scorchlikeshiswhiskey wrote:
I heard that the SoE and Mordu's ships are both coming out of the same region of space. Man, that is some very random luck for someone I'm sure...



So… the NPC stations for SOE and Mordu's Legion are both in Pure Blind, which is a heavily contested area. The SOE ships can also be obtained in High Sec.

The other place to get the SOE ships is from Sentient Drones, which can be found in any part of space, but are obviously most common in the Drones Regions.

The other place to get Mordu's ships is anywhere in Low Security space.

Put your tin foil away.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#828 - 2014-05-17 20:46:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Lephia DeGrande
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#829 - 2014-05-17 22:41:55 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
The picture in the post above is totally off topic, but too beautiful to remove Big smile

I also removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.


26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#830 - 2014-05-18 00:46:34 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
To be fair.. the Gal are a very open and liberal people.. It makes sense for them to have presence in all areas.. for moreso than a race of Accountants, Heavens Gate Cultists, and extras from Mad Max..

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Caldari + Minm too.. But I see the lore reason for this, and for most of the others.. and can understand why the Gal would be more common an influence with all these factions.


The sad one is SOE.. Gal.. okay.. Amarr? Well the Amarr and SOE and negative to eachother.. made no sense..


Amarr and SOE negativity explained away by devs as SOE wanting a vessel that didn't really need to rely on ammo during exploration.... Lore surrounding ML says that they aren't gallente caldari exclusive. How hard is it to say the obtained the tech from a member or some other route? Dev favoritism IMO. Lore is a terrible excuse.
Lothras Andastar
Doomheim
#831 - 2014-05-18 01:51:34 UTC
EoM and Blood Raiders are hostile to the Amarr too but are almost exclusively Amarrian lorewise.

And Angels are Jove Tech for crying out loud! :P
Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#832 - 2014-05-18 03:12:35 UTC
chaosgrimm wrote:

Amarr and SOE negativity explained away by devs as SOE wanting a vessel that didn't really need to rely on ammo during exploration.... Lore surrounding ML says that they aren't gallente caldari exclusive. How hard is it to say the obtained the tech from a member or some other route? Dev favoritism IMO. Lore is a terrible excuse.

Well the Lore says they were Galente, and defected to the Caldari during the Gal-Cal war..
The Cal provided them with the best tech..

Actually really makes sense with the bonuses too.. The drone tech was really developed during the Gal/Cal war, so that wouldn't really benefit them.. but for all we know the Gal already had good Scram tech, so having it as the bonus works well.

They are Intaki, that means defected or not, they still have ties to the Federation.. at least historically.

It really does make a lot more sense than trying to shoehorn in a connection to the Minmatar that doesn't exist in lore, or any Amarr for no good reason.
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#833 - 2014-05-18 06:44:20 UTC
but we already have C/G?! Evil
Solhild
Doomheim
#834 - 2014-05-18 07:27:45 UTC
Ships look excellent, stats are very interesting and will bring something new to the game.

I have no problem with developing Mordu's legion but this really should not prevent a Cal/Min faction in the near future/next year or two.

From a lore perspective, start building this now with a collective of Cal/Min, perhaps in Gal space?

Can't wait to get into these Mordu ships, I plan to collect all of the LP/drops and build the ships myself so it will be a while before I'm flying them Shocked
Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#835 - 2014-05-18 08:13:43 UTC
Solhild wrote:
Ships look excellent, stats are very interesting and will bring something new to the game.

I have no problem with developing Mordu's legion but this really should not prevent a Cal/Min faction in the near future/next year or two.

From a lore perspective, start building this now with a collective of Cal/Min, perhaps in Gal space?

Can't wait to get into these Mordu ships, I plan to collect all of the LP/drops and build the ships myself so it will be a while before I'm flying them Shocked


A cal/min hybrid race that is the ultimate shield active tanking race with missiles.

Caldari 4% resists/level
Minmatar 10% boost / level

Role bonus Overheated modules take 25% less damage per cycle.

standard 7 guns

maybe 6/4 for mids and lows. Enough PG to comfortably fit an oversized ASB and enough PG when fit right to fit 2x oversized ASB.

Take the principle of the cambion and apply it to this race.
Elisk Skyforge
Caldari Provisions
#836 - 2014-05-18 09:27:16 UTC
Role bonus to rapid launchers reload time would make sense in these since they are missile centred ships and aimed at PVP...and again DPS-wise they are overshadowed by other pirate ships.
chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#837 - 2014-05-18 11:16:41 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
chaosgrimm wrote:

Amarr and SOE negativity explained away by devs as SOE wanting a vessel that didn't really need to rely on ammo during exploration.... Lore surrounding ML says that they aren't gallente caldari exclusive. How hard is it to say the obtained the tech from a member or some other route? Dev favoritism IMO. Lore is a terrible excuse.

Well the Lore says they were Galente, and defected to the Caldari during the Gal-Cal war..
The Cal provided them with the best tech..

Actually really makes sense with the bonuses too.. The drone tech was really developed during the Gal/Cal war, so that wouldn't really benefit them.. but for all we know the Gal already had good Scram tech, so having it as the bonus works well.

They are Intaki, that means defected or not, they still have ties to the Federation.. at least historically.

It really does make a lot more sense than trying to shoehorn in a connection to the Minmatar that doesn't exist in lore, or any Amarr for no good reason.

It makes sense as lore should not be the driver of imbalance. Lore is tossed aside in other rebalances. For example, the vargur:

Quote:
Developer: Boundless Creation

Boundless Creation's ships are based on the Brutor Tribe's philosophy of warfare: simply fit as much firepower onto your ship as possible. Defense systems and electronics arrays therefore take a back seat to sheer annihilative potential.


Yet, after the rebalance it has ewar immunity and an amazing tank....

There is no reason to make the gal BS skill more valuable than other BS skills.
Henry Plantgenet
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#838 - 2014-05-18 11:19:57 UTC
Mingja wrote:
I still wonder what's the point of missile kiters when missiles are inherently bad at kiting thanks to the flaws of dmg application of missiles.

Missiles are a little crappy without webs and/or TP's and I can't see the slots for such on any of these ships.


These mordus are absolutely hilarious "missile specialists". They are no specialists at all, more comparable to monkey's playing X-Box.

Not a single appication bonus is just.... Well.. I can't even find words for it..


iThe goal of missiles is to alpha your target together with a few friends (corax, talwar, bombers) it's similar in that regard to arty fits you see around (thrasher, cynabal, etc.)
It's called Eve online and not Eve offline; there's player interaction with PVP and groups work better than alone (if you have an efficient and well coordinated group that is)
a group of any of these mordus ships will be deadly in combination with other ships.
these ships will fit in nicely in that category.

(leaving my personal feeling about "TOO MANY ****ING KITERS" out of the comment for now)
ConranAntoni
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#839 - 2014-05-18 15:01:53 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
First off, these ships are going to be absurdly expensive. You've got two ways to get them. The first is rare spawns in low sec. They've said the rarity of MoA spawns that drop BPCs will be equivalent to the rarity of hauler spawns. That's pretty damn rare. Oh, and there's the fact that if you want a chance at these drops, that means belt ratting in low sec. Personally, I would recommend repeatedly slamming your **** in a car door over actually doing this, but that's just me.

Your second option for these ships is Mordus LP, which means running missions while sandwiched in between the CFC and MoA. If you're red to the former, you've got 500 angry reds within 3 jumps of your missioning location. If you're red to the latter, you've got to pick up/turn in missions at their home station/system. Good luck not getting camped into it or getting ganked on the way in and out.

Frankly, I'm predicting a 1bil price tag for the cruiser even a few weeks after release.

Given how expensive the ships are, offgrid skirmish links are going to be a common feature of fights with them. I'm seeing a lot of fits without webs being posted here, and that's really kind of dumb. I don't know how many times I have to post it before people get it, but medium missiles can not apply damage to unwebbed targets smaller than battleships at all. They don't even do great damage even to webbed cruisers once links are involved. A linked Scythe Fleet has a sig of 58, you're close to 60% paper DPS with HAMs even if it's not moving at all and even less with HMLs. If he's actually moving around in that ship, your DPS is basically zero.

If your target isn't webbed, you can't even scratch the paint of battlecruisers. A linked Tornado goes 2827m/sec with just an overheated MWD (no speed mods) and has a sig of 724. Faction HAMs are applying less than 50% of their paper DPS at this point, and that's a battlecruiser. Stuff like T3s, navy omen, vagabond, ishtar just laugh and laugh at your pathetic inability to do anything to them.


Qft so people stop talking hilarious levels of retardchat on the idea the ships are op as they don't understand missile mechanics.

Empyrean Warriors - Recruiting now.

Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#840 - 2014-05-18 15:09:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Medalyn Isis
ConranAntoni wrote:
Xequecal wrote:
First off, these ships are going to be absurdly expensive. You've got two ways to get them. The first is rare spawns in low sec. They've said the rarity of MoA spawns that drop BPCs will be equivalent to the rarity of hauler spawns. That's pretty damn rare. Oh, and there's the fact that if you want a chance at these drops, that means belt ratting in low sec. Personally, I would recommend repeatedly slamming your **** in a car door over actually doing this, but that's just me.

Your second option for these ships is Mordus LP, which means running missions while sandwiched in between the CFC and MoA. If you're red to the former, you've got 500 angry reds within 3 jumps of your missioning location. If you're red to the latter, you've got to pick up/turn in missions at their home station/system. Good luck not getting camped into it or getting ganked on the way in and out.

Frankly, I'm predicting a 1bil price tag for the cruiser even a few weeks after release.

Given how expensive the ships are, offgrid skirmish links are going to be a common feature of fights with them. I'm seeing a lot of fits without webs being posted here, and that's really kind of dumb. I don't know how many times I have to post it before people get it, but medium missiles can not apply damage to unwebbed targets smaller than battleships at all. They don't even do great damage even to webbed cruisers once links are involved. A linked Scythe Fleet has a sig of 58, you're close to 60% paper DPS with HAMs even if it's not moving at all and even less with HMLs. If he's actually moving around in that ship, your DPS is basically zero.

If your target isn't webbed, you can't even scratch the paint of battlecruisers. A linked Tornado goes 2827m/sec with just an overheated MWD (no speed mods) and has a sig of 724. Faction HAMs are applying less than 50% of their paper DPS at this point, and that's a battlecruiser. Stuff like T3s, navy omen, vagabond, ishtar just laugh and laugh at your pathetic inability to do anything to them.


Qft so people stop talking hilarious levels of retardchat on the idea the ships are op as they don't understand missile mechanics.

Xequecal is talking about the cruiser and perhaps BS by the way, not the Garmur. So not sure if that was the point you are trying to make, but if so you are woefully wrong. Xequecal previously stated that the Garmur would be OP, and he is one of the few people in this thread that actually seem to understand how ship mechanics work.