These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

you want more people going to nullsec? then buff highsec!

First post First post
Author
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#201 - 2013-09-06 14:26:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
COD is getting old because of people like you who did want to keep it the same all the time, thats why they are loosing over the long run to battlefield and games like planetside 2, they move forward much faster

COD outsold battlefield 3 and planetside combined. I hate COD, but you can;t deny it get's sales. That said, not every game needs to be a COD clone, or even serve to the COD market. EVE serves a different player base. That player base does not include you. That's why you don't like EVE and want to change EVERYTHING.


Harry Forever wrote:
people like you are holding up and damaging eve on the long run as well, you don't want changes you want to keep everything the same, this is not how it works, things need to be developed and get better, only adding to the game will improve it, not keeping it the same

People like us love EVE for what it is. EVE still changes and improves. EVE is not even close to what it was when I started playing, and they will continue to improve it. But they won;t do that by dunking the economy so everyone can just jump in as many disposable ships as they want. The idea is to push forward in EVE you need to actually fly your ship well, so losing it has to have an impact. Take that impact away and everyone will start flying their ships like retards.
Take your WCS off and maybe you;d realise your ships don't have to die all the time.

Harry Forever wrote:
you destroyed the WiS content, you destroy fast phased action, all stuff people want... I said it numerous times, CCP should not listen to their some pigheaded playerbase, they just will outdate the game over time, they need to attract more people to it, and not stop doing just that

CCP killed WiS because they were losing sight of what their players wanted. They have a market of players that love EVE. Keeping that market is more important than appeasing idiots like you.

Harry Forever wrote:
if it makes some people sad who are resistant to change, so be it... those who don't want to move and adapt, are dead already

Is this a joke?
You realise you ACTIVELY REFUSE to adapt, and you demand the game changes every time you hit a barrier. I imagine this latest whining sessions is brought on by your loss of too many bombers. You're undoubtedly running low on your scammed isk and are worried you wont be able to afford to keep in ships.


but sitting in station is not flying ships you know, so you are the wrong person to talk about that

when you type stuff, it only feels like you did read about the game but never play it
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#202 - 2013-09-06 14:29:06 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I always find it sad that the "change now!" people don't ever take into account that EVE is alive and well BECAUSE of what it is, not in spite of it. They think they are suggesting changes to the game that will make it a better game, what they don't understand is that in reality they are advocating it's destruction.

Games that did what Harry wants EVE to do are dead. EVE is alive. Any rational thinker should come to the conclusion that CCP is doing something right.


you simply just refuse to adapt to new content, it seems you learned how eve works and you don't want to learn new stuff
Anthony Blunt
Appenzeller Kantonal Bank
#203 - 2013-09-06 14:30:46 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
[quote=Silvetica Dian]

[snip]

People don't pvp because they either don't like pvp, they like pvp but prefer pve after a hard days work (this is me, I find killing npcs relxaing lol),OR they are the kind of people who would like pvp if they could always win and no loss was possible.

CCP could implement the "free officer mods for ever kill" program and if there is any chance of losing, some people still wouldn't pvp lol.

[snip]




There are more types of Eve players than the three that you offer here. Myself for example. I would PvP if I could win sometimes or even just occasionally. But the years have eroded what little speed of reflex that I ever had. Except for ganking newbies in RvB which was distasteful or miner ganking which does not seem to interest me nor really qualify for PvP.

That is just one story and eve has many stories but for you it is either PvP or be an entitled coward. OK there is a certain role playing element here but to me that is just another form of the entitled arrogance. You have your youth and your reflexes and all other players must be measured by your standards.

That is OK here on the forums with an npc alt I can say this and in game I play carefully and balance my risk and stay below your radar.

"if you're not having fun in a sandbox, it's not the Sands fault" Jenn aSide

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#204 - 2013-09-06 14:41:12 UTC
Chin MonWang wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:


more and more people play FPS (millions!), they do not get bored at all, the only thing they get bored of is people like you holding up the action


So why does every blockbuster tital have a 4-6 month shelf life before its abandoned?


because everybody who wants it bought it after that timeframe (check the sales figures its millions), they play it many month ahead, and they always upgrade to the new version as soon as it comes out


So why did halo 4 go from a million to around 30k in about 4 months? Its now in a few thousand while EVE is at an average high of 50k and growing.

This is why we get a new CoD every six months, these games only live for six months at best.



Very accurate and fact based statement; one can only agree to it!

The games Harry is mentioning are only suited for "a certain kind of players" vaporizing within just a couple of months playing.


you are silly man, millions are playing FPS each day, much more then any other game, you simply don't understand the difference of a subscription model vs. a packaged game model
bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#205 - 2013-09-06 14:42:04 UTC
Eve is 10 years old. How many FPS is that old and still growing? How many MMO are 10 years old and still growing?

Eve isn't perfect, even sometime boring, but eve is eve. The 500k subs this game has for the first time in his history and the amount of players who play this game for more than 5 years clearly show this game is dying and players think this game sucks.

How about adding respawn point? I undock, die, respawn with my ships, guns and ammo and i'm ready for moar pvp.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#206 - 2013-09-06 14:48:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
bloodknight2 wrote:
Eve is 10 years old. How many FPS is that old and still growing? How many MMO are 10 years old and still growing?

Eve isn't perfect, even sometime boring, but eve is eve. The 500k subs this game has for the first time in his history and the amount of players who play this game for more than 5 years clearly show this game is dying and players think this game sucks.

How about adding respawn point? I undock, die, respawn with my ships, guns and ammo and i'm ready for moar pvp.


FPS is much older than eves gameplay, and growing much faster

you don't need respawn in arenas, you just have your stuff there and can choose which gamemode you want then you get randomly put together with other players, yea eve is old, most new players don't want to talk to some 50 year old paranoid CEO in a corp to get into a fleet or alliance, you need those gamemodes for the masses to have easy access to pvp and big fights

100 vs. 100 gamemode, just enter and boom go
50 vs. 50 boom
10 vs. 10 boom
1 vs. 1 boom

thats it, simple and easy, people don't need it complicated, you can do that stuff in your SoV gameplay

two playerbases in the same game, no problem
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#207 - 2013-09-06 14:50:33 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
If you want to kill the drones before you pop you're going to need to kite them. You're not going to be able to do that with no cap. Have you ever tried to kill an unwebbed warrior II while its orbiting you with mwd? Go try it, use 125's even.

I think you probably should not be giving me soloing advice at this point in time since I have been soloing since 2003 and you don't seem to have even basic pvp knowledge.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
One of us has recently been crying on the forum that solo PvP is too hard and CCP have to make changes. I wonder who that is.
And it's a FACT that a Megathron is not a good choice for solo PVP. Sure you might get lucky and score a kill, but changes are you'll get blapped by some tiny ass ship because you can;t hit it.

As for your cap, the cycles times on a neut mean that you won;t keep my cap constantly out. Sure it will flatline when it hits, but as long as I time my cycles to be between neut cycles, a minmatar frig is essentially immune to neuts.

I don't run around claiming to be a "solo PvPer" but I know EVE. I don't even need to consider whether or not a Mega is a good idea in Solo PVP, because it's a well know fact it's a terrible idea.

Before you start going on about your elite solo PvPness, maybe you should try to get a better KB to show off. Let's analyse shall we?
The KB shows you have only had kills in the past 2 months of this year. Of that you have achieve 15 combat ship kills, and all of those were done in a proteus. You don't appear to have engaged anything that wasn't a tech 1, and you fit a covops so you can pick only battles you are guaranteed to win.

Prior to this year you had 1 in 2010, 30 in 2009 and nothing earlier.
If you've been "soloing since 2003" then you've really failed at it, hence your continuous whining that CCP need to make changes so you can kill more.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#208 - 2013-09-06 14:51:42 UTC
I have deleted a personal attack from this thread.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#209 - 2013-09-06 14:52:52 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I always find it sad that the "change now!" people don't ever take into account that EVE is alive and well BECAUSE of what it is, not in spite of it. They think they are suggesting changes to the game that will make it a better game, what they don't understand is that in reality they are advocating it's destruction.

Games that did what Harry wants EVE to do are dead. EVE is alive. Any rational thinker should come to the conclusion that CCP is doing something right.


Not totally true there are always things to change and improve on.. Now drastic ones that Harry suggest are completely idiotic and game breaking to what EVE is all about.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#210 - 2013-09-06 14:53:53 UTC
what on earth is 'WiS content'? Straight
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#211 - 2013-09-06 14:56:36 UTC
Harry I'll give you this you are up to atleast 1 on the trolling scale.. So you are getting better congrats on that cause you got me to reply a few dozen times to this idiotic post..
Chin MonWang
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#212 - 2013-09-06 14:57:08 UTC
[quote=Harry Forever
you are silly man, millions are playing FPS each day, much more then any other game, you simply don't understand the difference of a subscription model vs. a packaged game model[/quote]


Again, you are not right here: I favour EVE (due to its complexity + great graphics etc.) + the "Total War Series". I was one of the very first buying Rome II. In my opinion both EVE and the Total War Series represent the very best that gameplay has to offer us players. So, trust me, I certainly know what I am talking about here (must say, I would never ever go for any of your simple-mind-pop em-pop-em games which you easily master in just 30 minutes...I go for quality). This is my opinion
Tandros Kreel
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#213 - 2013-09-06 14:57:08 UTC
Georgina Parmala wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

you don't get the point, like usual... more players in jita, fine, guess why i made a suggestion to bring more players to nullsec

You did not suggest a way for more players to be in nullsec. Your suggestion takes people already in null sec making money, who could reship to pvp in the blink of an eye and gives them incentive to go make their money in high sec instead. Leaving null devoid of targets.

Harry Forever wrote:
there are more duels and battles infront of Jita vs. VFK ...trust me I have been there

I don't have to go anywhere. I can hit F10.

Ships destroyed last 24 hours
Jita: 147
1-SMEB: 76
1DH-SX: 115
and a dozen systems in the area with more than 10. And this campaign is just an uncontested structure grind with no local residents or defense.

Barleguet (0.1) 229 ships
Tama (0.3) 189 ships
Clellinon (0.8) 219 ships (miner ganks?)

500 ships popped in Catch in the last day
Curse looks not too far behind.

Jita is clearly the epicenter of PvP?


Living near Tama, I can attest that there is frequent pvp to be found there.

I've only been in low sec a week and have had more fun than my ENTIRE eve experience before.

\ o / I love low sec!
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#214 - 2013-09-06 14:57:25 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
but sitting in station is not flying ships you know, so you are the wrong person to talk about that

when you type stuff, it only feels like you did read about the game but never play it

lol, ******.
You can say it as many times as you want, it doesn't make it the case.

The basis of every post shows that you don't know how to play EVE. Why do you think you telling me that I don't play EVE properly is going to have any impact besides making yourself look eve more ********?

You void answering the genuine issues here, because you have no response. Everything you say is wrong, that's why you are running out of counter arguments.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#215 - 2013-09-06 14:59:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Harry Forever wrote:
FPS is much older than eves gameplay, and growing much faster

you don't need respawn in arenas, you just have your stuff there and can choose which gamemode you want then you get randomly put together with other players, yea eve is old, most new players don't want to talk to some 50 year old paranoid CEO in a corp to get into a fleet or alliance, you need those gamemodes for the masses to have easy access to pvp and big fights

100 vs. 100 gamemode, just enter and boom go
50 vs. 50 boom
10 vs. 10 boom
1 vs. 1 boom

thats it, simple and easy, people don't need it complicated, you can do that stuff in your SoV gameplay

two playerbases in the same game, no problem

EVE is not an FPS. If you want to play an FPS, **** off and play one. CCP won't change ever because some nonsey little prick comes onto their forums ranting about how things should be.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#216 - 2013-09-06 15:00:20 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Eterne
*snipped discussion of moderation* - CCP Eterne

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#217 - 2013-09-06 15:03:20 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
I always find it sad that the "change now!" people don't ever take into account that EVE is alive and well BECAUSE of what it is, not in spite of it. They think they are suggesting changes to the game that will make it a better game, what they don't understand is that in reality they are advocating it's destruction.

Games that did what Harry wants EVE to do are dead. EVE is alive. Any rational thinker should come to the conclusion that CCP is doing something right.


you simply just refuse to adapt to new content, it seems you learned how eve works and you don't want to learn new stuff


(S)he simply means systems currently in place do a good job (although not perfect) of seperating several scales of PVP. The points you make about loss being hard on new players, stems from your style of gameplay. That statement is not intended to be judgemental, just an observation of your actions. I wish to re-iterate I play on a scale below the one you wish to operate on. I'm just a piece of worthless lowsec scum, a pubbie incapable of mustering the immense logistics to be on equal footing with a nullsec alliance. And I am fine with that.

I'm comfortable at this scale, which balances nicely between herpa-derpa-PVP and serious internet spaceship business. No lack of fights either, even if I have to be carefull not to senselessly waste ships. I claimed a piece of the pie, it's delicious, even though it's just a small, fragile piece in a crappy system crammed in between hisec and the nullsec alliances that claim lowsec moons in the vicinity. It's my crappy system, and I am content with what I can claim at this time. I do not know what the future will bring, if we will be evicted or grow to need more lebensraum... but I do know right now there's stuff in space with a logo on it I designed myself. I mean how cool is that? Blink
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#218 - 2013-09-06 15:05:09 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
but sitting in station is not flying ships you know, so you are the wrong person to talk about that

when you type stuff, it only feels like you did read about the game but never play it

lol, ******.
You can say it as many times as you want, it doesn't make it the case.

The basis of every post shows that you don't know how to play EVE. Why do you think you telling me that I don't play EVE properly is going to have any impact besides making yourself look eve more ********?

You void answering the genuine issues here, because you have no response. Everything you say is wrong, that's why you are running out of counter arguments.


I popped so many ships of you out there it just did get boring and I'm searching for skilled players who want to do more pvp on a higher faster level, I got no issue if you want to have your cat and mouse game out there, killing frigs with your 30+ fleets

I'm just different, I need the gamemodes where i have access to that faster, if you want to wait 3 month for the next big fight, so be it

I want my 100 vs. 100 deathmatch arena

maybe i want even 1000 vs. 1000 but not sure if we have anough people in the game yet who want to randomly join that

we start low to attract true gamers for this first, you can be happy, nobody disturbing you in nullsec anymore, your main concern
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#219 - 2013-09-06 15:08:56 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
I always find it sad that the "change now!" people don't ever take into account that EVE is alive and well BECAUSE of what it is, not in spite of it. They think they are suggesting changes to the game that will make it a better game, what they don't understand is that in reality they are advocating it's destruction.

Games that did what Harry wants EVE to do are dead. EVE is alive. Any rational thinker should come to the conclusion that CCP is doing something right.


you simply just refuse to adapt to new content, it seems you learned how eve works and you don't want to learn new stuff


(S)he simply means systems currently in place do a good job (although not perfect) of seperating several scales of PVP. The points you make about loss being hard on new players, stems from your style of gameplay. That statement is not intended to be judgemental, just an observation of your actions. I wish to re-iterate I play on a scale below the one you wish to operate on. I'm just a piece of worthless lowsec scum, a pubbie incapable of mustering the immense logistics to be on equal footing with a nullsec alliance. And I am fine with that.

I'm comfortable at this scale, which balances nicely between herpa-derpa-PVP and serious internet spaceship business. No lack of fights either, even if I have to be carefull not to senselessly waste ships. I claimed a piece of the pie, it's delicious, even though it's just a small, fragile piece in a crappy system crammed in between hisec and the nullsec alliances that claim lowsec moons in the vicinity. It's my crappy system, and I am content with what I can claim at this time. I do not know what the future will bring, if we will be evicted or grow to need more lebensraum... but I do know right now there's stuff in space with a logo on it I designed myself. I mean how cool is that? Blink


it sure is, and nothing against the that part of the game, however sometimes i just want to do some really easy PvP without all the metagame, I'm not in the mood to do it serious all the time, and that real easy gamemode where you just can pew pew, seems to be missing... I'm sure it would not harm the game at all, it would just add on top of it
bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#220 - 2013-09-06 15:11:49 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:


FPS is much older than eves gameplay, and growing much faster

you don't need respawn in arenas, you just have your stuff there and can choose which gamemode you want then you get randomly put together with other players, yea eve is old, most new players don't want to talk to some 50 year old paranoid CEO in a corp to get into a fleet or alliance, you need those gamemodes for the masses to have easy access to pvp and big fights

100 vs. 100 gamemode, just enter and boom go
50 vs. 50 boom
10 vs. 10 boom
1 vs. 1 boom

thats it, simple and easy, people don't need it complicated, you can do that stuff in your SoV gameplay

two playerbases in the same game, no problem


Some FPS are older, yes, but how many 10 years old FPS are still played today? How many of them has a monthly subs like Eve?

Anyway, you don't know what you are talking about. You are 5 months old and want to change everything in this game when you did nothing but some PVE and shooting cyno and indi with your bomber or catalyst. Get in a corp, try WH, LS or null. Learn to pvp with a combat ship. I'm playing this game for almost 4 years (took some break, but kept my account active) and sometime, my hands shake just before PVPing. I'm really nervous. That feeling, no FPS has it.

I don't know if you are serious or just a troll thinking he's funny, but you should try Eve before asking to change anything in this game.