These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

you want more people going to nullsec? then buff highsec!

First post First post
Author
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#241 - 2013-09-06 16:26:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
bloodknight2 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:


you don't get it, I don't want to change I want to add stuff, you guys don't want new content, not sure why you are scared of it, old content can stay like it is

I played the game more in the last 4 month then most of you in 4 years, it feels like most of the people just talk about the game, but don't play a lot, in the 2 month we played, you have been afk 90% of the time


Yeah, i was 90% of the time AFK and when i was not, i was looking for quality and not quantity. You surely played more than me (keep in mind bloodknight isn't my only character...) in those 4 months, but i was having fun. What about you? When i killed the gila with my purifier, i had a hell of a fun. Same for both drake and the cruiser. A bit less with mining barge, because well..they can't really hurts you (unless your name is harry). Seriously, when i log in, i want quality time. 1 hour of GOOD PVP is 1000 time better than 1 hour shooting 60 cynos even if i kill only ONE ship. Trust me.

Adding arena will hurts more PVP than anything else. Quality over quantity.


then only thing you want is, watch a video while you are afk, killing a gila is done in under one minute, the rest you just waited for the target, thats no quality
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#242 - 2013-09-06 16:29:08 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:


more and more people play FPS (millions!), they do not get bored at all, the only thing they get bored of is people like you holding up the action


So why does every blockbuster tital have a 4-6 month shelf life before its abandoned?


because everybody who wants it bought it after that timeframe (check the sales figures its millions), they play it many month ahead, and they always upgrade to the new version as soon as it comes out


So why did halo 4 go from a million to around 30k in about 4 months? Its now in a few thousand while EVE is at an average high of 50k and growing.

This is why we get a new CoD every six months, these games only live for six months at best.


it seems you don't understand the difference of a subscription business model vs. a game launching new version model


But if people dont get bored with these games then they would still be playing them. But they start bleeding players just weeks after launch. Just look at blacklight, the gears of war multiplayer, halo 4, left for dead. All of them are abandoned by the masses within a year and none of them currently have a sequel coming out any time soon.

What you are demanding is that EVE abandons its year on year growth in order to chase this type of player who will not stay for even a year. Hell I will go as far as saying these people do not exist at all.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#243 - 2013-09-06 16:35:18 UTC
You're explaining to Harry about Eve vs Random **** with a cryengine/frostbite? Good luck with that.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#244 - 2013-09-06 16:36:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
baltec1 wrote:


But if people dont get bored with these games then they would still be playing them. But they start bleeding players just weeks after launch. Just look at blacklight, the gears of war multiplayer, halo 4, left for dead. All of them are abandoned by the masses within a year and none of them currently have a sequel coming out any time soon.

What you are demanding is that EVE abandons its year on year growth in order to chase this type of player who will not stay for even a year. Hell I will go as far as saying these people do not exist at all.


they still play it, just the first rush after its new goes down, I played all halos since it came out, and there are millions who do the same... the only thing you want is keep eve small that you feel special playing it, it has nothing to do with the fun or the game
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#245 - 2013-09-06 16:40:11 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:


But if people dont get bored with these games then they would still be playing them. But they start bleeding players just weeks after launch. Just look at blacklight, the gears of war multiplayer, halo 4, left for dead. All of them are abandoned by the masses within a year and none of them currently have a sequel coming out any time soon.

What you are demanding is that EVE abandons its year on year growth in order to chase this type of player who will not stay for even a year. Hell I will go as far as saying these people do not exist at all.


they still play it, just the first rush after its new goes down, I played all halos since it came out, and there are millions who do the same... the only thing you want is keep eve small that you feel special playing it, it has nothing to do with the fun or the game

Yet EVE has been growing. You don't see any posts from anyone saying that the game is growing so we better close down new subscriptions do you? Get a grip.. Roll
Anthony Blunt
Appenzeller Kantonal Bank
#246 - 2013-09-06 16:40:47 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:



As with all who tend to make the excuses you make, you just created a false world in which what you are saying could make sense lol. I'm pushing 40 and have the game reflexes of a stunned snail who just OD'd on downers. Except for a quick skirmish or 2 in HED-GP , I haven't really pvp'd in months.

It's not "PvP or be an entitled coward". I said that some people don't like pvp because they can't stand loss and make excuses. I don't pvp much but I accept that people will try to PVP me whether I want it or not.

There is nothing wrong with disliking PVP. There is something wrong with disliking PVP while choosing to play a game based on PVP......



Normally I don't like thread hijacking but being the thread that it is it doesn't seem to matter

You young people are all the same (bitter irony) I am pushing 60 and I was never fast.. But you are right it is the potential for PvP that keeps the game interesting for me. Avoiding PvP not always successfully is fun I lost a ship and pod in HED-GP this month now I know not to jump to moons to escape the gate camp. Thats my level.. My point was not that I want to be safe, It is just I cannot PvP well enough or indeed get too excited for my own good. You seem to insist on this binary vision of players motivation although I actually agree with what you have posted.

"if you're not having fun in a sandbox, it's not the Sands fault" Jenn aSide

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#247 - 2013-09-06 16:42:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Tron 3K wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:


But if people dont get bored with these games then they would still be playing them. But they start bleeding players just weeks after launch. Just look at blacklight, the gears of war multiplayer, halo 4, left for dead. All of them are abandoned by the masses within a year and none of them currently have a sequel coming out any time soon.

What you are demanding is that EVE abandons its year on year growth in order to chase this type of player who will not stay for even a year. Hell I will go as far as saying these people do not exist at all.


they still play it, just the first rush after its new goes down, I played all halos since it came out, and there are millions who do the same... the only thing you want is keep eve small that you feel special playing it, it has nothing to do with the fun or the game

Yet EVE has been growing. You don't see any posts from anyone saying that the game is growing so we better close down new subscriptions do you? Get a grip.. Roll


FPS did grow much bigger in the timeframe
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#248 - 2013-09-06 16:44:08 UTC
Sad thing is Harry your argument is dumb as there is plenty of PVP out there just have to go look for it there is no "easymode" for you that hands it to you on a platter even tho RVB and FW do a pretty good job of serving it up easy enough.

You'd have a better argument saying Hi-Sec is too scary and they need to tone it down for people that don't want PVP.
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#249 - 2013-09-06 16:46:26 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Tron 3K wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:


But if people dont get bored with these games then they would still be playing them. But they start bleeding players just weeks after launch. Just look at blacklight, the gears of war multiplayer, halo 4, left for dead. All of them are abandoned by the masses within a year and none of them currently have a sequel coming out any time soon.

What you are demanding is that EVE abandons its year on year growth in order to chase this type of player who will not stay for even a year. Hell I will go as far as saying these people do not exist at all.


they still play it, just the first rush after its new goes down, I played all halos since it came out, and there are millions who do the same... the only thing you want is keep eve small that you feel special playing it, it has nothing to do with the fun or the game

Yet EVE has been growing. You don't see any posts from anyone saying that the game is growing so we better close down new subscriptions do you? Get a grip.. Roll


FPS did grow much bigger in the timeframe, its one to ten bigger


/facepalm Do you even think before posting? I mean sometimes I say some stupid stuff but damn it seems like every post contradicts the last thing you just said.

"they still play it, just the first rush after its new goes down"

^ Thats what you said... So their numbers went down after they had the rush of new people?! But they are growing?! Ugh
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#250 - 2013-09-06 16:47:01 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:


But if people dont get bored with these games then they would still be playing them. But they start bleeding players just weeks after launch. Just look at blacklight, the gears of war multiplayer, halo 4, left for dead. All of them are abandoned by the masses within a year and none of them currently have a sequel coming out any time soon.

What you are demanding is that EVE abandons its year on year growth in order to chase this type of player who will not stay for even a year. Hell I will go as far as saying these people do not exist at all.


they still play it, just the first rush after its new goes down, I played all halos since it came out, and there are millions who do the same... the only thing you want is keep eve small that you feel special playing it, it has nothing to do with the fun or the game


If there are millions playing halo 4 why is the average online players numbered in the thousands?
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#251 - 2013-09-06 16:47:43 UTC
Interesting approach but I don't think it'll work:

1) low/null sec simply does not have any content interesting enough to bother with equipping PvP/covops ship - getting more ISK won't change that;

2) rich high-sec will result in stronger alliances and massive PvP roams which may crush nullbear blocks resulting in mass exodus of subscribers and financial losses for CCP.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#252 - 2013-09-06 16:53:45 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:


But if people dont get bored with these games then they would still be playing them. But they start bleeding players just weeks after launch. Just look at blacklight, the gears of war multiplayer, halo 4, left for dead. All of them are abandoned by the masses within a year and none of them currently have a sequel coming out any time soon.

What you are demanding is that EVE abandons its year on year growth in order to chase this type of player who will not stay for even a year. Hell I will go as far as saying these people do not exist at all.


they still play it, just the first rush after its new goes down, I played all halos since it came out, and there are millions who do the same... the only thing you want is keep eve small that you feel special playing it, it has nothing to do with the fun or the game


If there are millions playing halo 4 why is the average online players numbered in the thousands?


because of the competition, battlefield does a better job, as well as planetside 2

overall FPS is growing, because it provides what people want these days...
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#253 - 2013-09-06 16:56:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Lipbite wrote:
Interesting approach but I don't think it'll work:

1) low/null sec simply does not have any content interesting enough to bother with equipping PvP/covops ship - getting more ISK won't change that;

2) rich high-sec will result in stronger alliances and massive PvP roams which may crush nullbear blocks resulting in mass exodus of subscribers and financial losses for CCP.


yea I think thats what nullsec fears the most... thats why they keep hammering highsec down

we actually would destroy them out there, however I think it would help the game a lot if they are crushed and just ragequit
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#254 - 2013-09-06 17:02:06 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:


But if people dont get bored with these games then they would still be playing them. But they start bleeding players just weeks after launch. Just look at blacklight, the gears of war multiplayer, halo 4, left for dead. All of them are abandoned by the masses within a year and none of them currently have a sequel coming out any time soon.

What you are demanding is that EVE abandons its year on year growth in order to chase this type of player who will not stay for even a year. Hell I will go as far as saying these people do not exist at all.


they still play it, just the first rush after its new goes down, I played all halos since it came out, and there are millions who do the same... the only thing you want is keep eve small that you feel special playing it, it has nothing to do with the fun or the game


If there are millions playing halo 4 why is the average online players numbered in the thousands?


because of the competition, battlefield does a better job, as well as planetside 2

overall FPS is growing, because it provides what people want these days...


Planetside 2 is not doing as well as you might think.. I played that when it first came out it was fun for awhile but then it was just the same over and over.. There were pretty much hundreds of players at each station defending or taking over. Now its down to maybe 20 people at each point thats having battles.. If that...

Battlefield has vehicles going for it thats it. Even that doesn't always work out.. Battlefield 2142 anyone?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#255 - 2013-09-06 17:04:05 UTC
Quote:


because of the competition, battlefield does a better job, as well as planetside 2

overall FPS is growing, because it provides what people want these days...


It came out after battlefeild and lost all of its playerbase long before planetside 2 came our of beta.

No it lost the playerbase because the people it targets have a few months attention span. EVE on the other hand is retaining those players that are coming every expansion.

Not a single FPS has managed to keep its playerbase and grow.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#256 - 2013-09-06 17:05:51 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Quote:


because of the competition, battlefield does a better job, as well as planetside 2

overall FPS is growing, because it provides what people want these days...


It came out after battlefeild and lost all of its playerbase long before planetside 2 came our of beta.

No it lost the playerbase because the people it targets have a few months attention span. EVE on the other hand is retaining those players that are coming every expansion.

Not a single FPS has managed to keep its playerbase and grow.


halo players have the same attention span as eve players, they play it since years, you need to see the halo versions like yearly subscriptions, the numbers outpass EvE by far
SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#257 - 2013-09-06 17:09:53 UTC
I can't believe this has to be explained but it is fairly obvious why FPS has a lot more players in general, a lot of players don't want to risk anything in a game so games like EVE and for example Diablo Hardcore mode have a lot less players, have you ever played Ultima Online Harry? EVE would not get more subscribers with your ideas, it would simply die.

Why are you arguing this? It is a unique sandbox game, it's not for everyone and thats absolutely fine! We are not looking for WoW's player base dude.

I disagree

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#258 - 2013-09-06 17:15:09 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Quote:


because of the competition, battlefield does a better job, as well as planetside 2

overall FPS is growing, because it provides what people want these days...


It came out after battlefeild and lost all of its playerbase long before planetside 2 came our of beta.

No it lost the playerbase because the people it targets have a few months attention span. EVE on the other hand is retaining those players that are coming every expansion.

Not a single FPS has managed to keep its playerbase and grow.


halo players have the same attention span as eve players, they play it since years, you need to see the halo versions like yearly subscriptions, the numbers outpass EvE by far


2k in big team battle and that is the largest number in their matchmaking. Some have less than a thousand.

This is compared to EVEs 50-60 thousand every day this year and growing.

Twice as many people took part in our largest battle than are in halo 4s biggest lobby.

If you combine every single halo game then EVE still comes out on top by a long way. Halo 4 has less players after a year than EVE did eight years ago.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#259 - 2013-09-06 17:21:29 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Quote:


because of the competition, battlefield does a better job, as well as planetside 2

overall FPS is growing, because it provides what people want these days...


It came out after battlefeild and lost all of its playerbase long before planetside 2 came our of beta.

No it lost the playerbase because the people it targets have a few months attention span. EVE on the other hand is retaining those players that are coming every expansion.

Not a single FPS has managed to keep its playerbase and grow.


halo players have the same attention span as eve players, they play it since years, you need to see the halo versions like yearly subscriptions, the numbers outpass EvE by far


2k in big team battle and that is the largest number in their matchmaking. Some have less than a thousand.

This is compared to EVEs 50-60 thousand every day this year and growing.

Twice as many people took part in our largest battle than are in halo 4s biggest lobby.

If you combine every single halo game then EVE still comes out on top by a long way. Halo 4 has less players after a year than EVE did eight years ago.


halo is played by 30 millions, eve by 500.000

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#260 - 2013-09-06 17:24:16 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Quote:


because of the competition, battlefield does a better job, as well as planetside 2

overall FPS is growing, because it provides what people want these days...


It came out after battlefeild and lost all of its playerbase long before planetside 2 came our of beta.

No it lost the playerbase because the people it targets have a few months attention span. EVE on the other hand is retaining those players that are coming every expansion.

Not a single FPS has managed to keep its playerbase and grow.


halo players have the same attention span as eve players, they play it since years, you need to see the halo versions like yearly subscriptions, the numbers outpass EvE by far


2k in big team battle and that is the largest number in their matchmaking. Some have less than a thousand.

This is compared to EVEs 50-60 thousand every day this year and growing.

Twice as many people took part in our largest battle than are in halo 4s biggest lobby.

If you combine every single halo game then EVE still comes out on top by a long way. Halo 4 has less players after a year than EVE did eight years ago.


halo is played by 30 millions, eve by 500.000

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal


30 million? Post that proof. And don't post how many it sold in the first week..