These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

you want more people going to nullsec? then buff highsec!

First post First post
Author
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#161 - 2013-09-06 11:37:36 UTC
SKINE DMZ wrote:
Arenas..? Lol Have you even tried Faction Warfare? You really need to find a different game Harry Forever Noob

have you ever tried using your brain before posting? you really need to find a different planet, ape
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#162 - 2013-09-06 11:48:55 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

the reason going to null should be always the gameplay not the ISK, big battles and stuff, however the people seem to concentrate just on the ISK out there, with one bigger fight each week...

To a large number of people, ISK is gameplay. To me, ISK is the number of POSes I run, the number of haulers I can afford to loose while screwing up navigating through nullsec, and the amount of bling on my pvp alts weekly rvb "ganked"-run ship. To others it's the size of their missioning ship. And even if ISK is nothing more than the number at the bottom of the spreadsheet that calculates the monthly profit, it's still the gameplay someone has choosen. In a game with a real economy, you can't separate currency from gameplay.

If you want "gameplay" to mean "jumping around looking for fights with no other reason than to fight", I'd expect you'll find that the audience for that kind of gameplay is.... very limited. That's something fun once in a while, but as a constant motivation it fails.

Harry Forever wrote:

there is no need to make solo ships better against fleets, solo ships fight soloships but you need to make the access to soloships cheaper to encourage player to PvP more...

You could have soloships magically popping up in peoples hangars every day and you'd only get a limited number of additional people into pvp and a miniscule fraction of that into solo pvp. The possibility to pvp in dirt cheap ships (e.g. T1 frigs) already exists and yet few people use it and fewer still use it as a possibility to solo. In my experience people care less about the value of the stuff they lost and more about the fact THAT they lost.

Harry Forever wrote:

some people play the game because of the gameplay, they fight because they like to fight, thats all meaning they need... the metagame of SoV fights can stay however there needs to be something in between... accessible solo PvP

Again, I believe you strongly overestimate the number of people that are interested in this kind of gameplay, and you'll also find that most that are are already in one of the various pirate/merc/ganker corps. It's easy to believe that since you are a fan of a particular kind of gameplay, everyone else should obviously also be a fan of that gameplay (and if they're not than only because they haven't been shown just how cool it is or are held back by evil politics), but sorry, that's not the case.

Harry Forever wrote:

if you do solo now, its timeconsuming because not much do it out there, shipcost etc. a lot fo things are holding it back

if you play other games you can fight faster, and if you loose you can fight again faster, in eve you only can do this when doing PvE but not in PvP, PvP works like you need an hour to get the fight, fight for 20 seconds and then you need anoother hour to get another fight... its fine I want that sometimes as well, but I also want a game option where i can fight at least 10 fights an hour PvP... with reduced ISK to be lost

Soooo.... play other games? Please? Maybe if we start a forum-wide collection and pay the first year of your brand new WoW account?

Harry Forever wrote:
my suggestion was introducing PvP arenas, making ships cheaper and other stuff to make it easier to get that

My suggestion is to play games where the playerbase (the currently existing playerbase, not the playerbase potentially attracted) is interested in that kind of gameplay.

Oh, as for the reply to my last post you posted while I wrote this, I'll refrain from full quoting but... your entire reply is "I suggested arenas"? Really?
TheBlueMonkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2013-09-06 11:51:29 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
access to soloships cheaper to encourage player to PvP more...

You mean like T1 frigates?
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#164 - 2013-09-06 11:56:46 UTC
Did he seriously just say Arenas?! One of the biggest reason's this game is awesome is the 1 server 1 shard! No instances! (minus the sometimes loneliness to missions)

You add one instance to this game people will fly to CCP's head office and burn that place to the ground! You thought Burn Jita was bad just imagine the corporate office with everyone locked in it burning! (Okay that last part was a little nuts)
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#165 - 2013-09-06 11:56:56 UTC
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

just try going out to null in T1 frigs, there are only T2 out there, thats why its meaningless to have T1

and to find a T1 out there to fight with your T1 takes hours, there is no gamemode to have easy T1 vs. T1 fights
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#166 - 2013-09-06 12:05:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Barzai Mekhar wrote:

those people I'm talking about are the masses, they are just not in the game, because some people in this game want to lock them out of it... not sure why you are scared of them

going to another game is a silly argument, if gamers want to have those gamemodes in a spacefight game then they need it there, not in a fantasy game they don't care about
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#167 - 2013-09-06 12:09:21 UTC
Tron 3K wrote:
Did he seriously just say Arenas?! One of the biggest reason's this game is awesome is the 1 server 1 shard! No instances! (minus the sometimes loneliness to missions)

You add one instance to this game people will fly to CCP's head office and burn that place to the ground! You thought Burn Jita was bad just imagine the corporate office with everyone locked in it burning! (Okay that last part was a little nuts)

why would you be sad about arenas? just don't use them if you don't like it... I'm sure they won't distract you from your mining operations
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#168 - 2013-09-06 12:09:57 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

just try going out to null in T1 frigs, there are only T2 out there, thats why its meaningless to have T1

and to find a T1 out there to fight with your T1 takes hours, there is no gamemode to have easy T1 vs. T1 fights

/facepalm "no gamemode to have easy T1 vs. T1 fights" Seriously, dude they need to ban your account cause your trolling is atrocious. We both know thats all you do because there is absolutely no way you'd keep playing this game if you really thought half the **** you do.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#169 - 2013-09-06 12:11:57 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

I'm overseeing the planning & purchasing process of over 100 million euro, there is no need that you believe it... your behaviour however leads to the conclusion you are scrubbing toilets somewhere, right?

This explains much... the least of which is that the drugs don't work.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#170 - 2013-09-06 12:12:08 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

FW space
RvB

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#171 - 2013-09-06 12:13:38 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

my first solo kill was an AF in my tormentor :D
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#172 - 2013-09-06 12:14:07 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Tron 3K wrote:

why would you be sad about arenas? just don't use them if you don't like it... I'm sure they won't distract you from your mining operations

Same could be said about adding arenas. It will actually take away from the gameplay that is now in place. Anyone that enjoy's a PVP game will hate arenas. You obviously just want PVE with a splash of PVP when you get bored. Look at all the games taht did have your glorious Arena's minus that POS WoW cause thats for retards. Sorry I don't mean the mentally handicap in this regard as they are a little smarter than the ones that play it. They have sucked the life out of the game because people yes will flock to that arena but when you play the same arena over and over it barely changes a little here and there based on someone maybe flying a different ship than the last arena. In the end people will get bored because there is nothing really keeping them here since actual PVP and the goals of SOV would be pushed back and no one would be doing it.
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#173 - 2013-09-06 12:18:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Barzai Mekhar
Harry Forever wrote:
Barzai Mekhar wrote:

those people I'm talking about are the masses, they are just not in the game, because some people in this game want to lock them out of it... not sure why you are scared of them

going to another game is a silly argument, if gamers want to have those gamemodes in a spacefight game then they need it there, not in a fantasy game they don't care about

I don't worry about the players themselves. I care about the changes required to appease them. Because, like a large fraction of EvE's current playerbase I would agree to the sentiment that "games made to appease the masses" usually SUCK. Badly. Not vaccuum cleaner style, they suck black hole style. And with the exception of WoW, they've also shown a tendency to crash and burn badly (*cough* SWTOR *cough*). Do you think SWTOR or GW2 will still be actively developed in 10 years? I'm thorougly sick of EA style developement that results in instant gratification games ("Push the Button, something awesome will happen!") without any longtime motivation, and I'm very happy to have found a game that currently refuses to cater to those "masses".
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#174 - 2013-09-06 12:18:38 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
I'm manager, trust me I'm doing fine in real world... central bank interest rates balance the moneyflow and how easy banks can get money to invest, you do not understand the system, read a book about it, there are many out there its not that complicated

I'm calling bull **** on this.
No way in hell are you a manager for anything more than a Tesco. Honestly I doubt you are out of school based on the naivety of your posts.

You realise that the interest rates is still not something that is just made up off the top of someone head right. They don't just go "hmm, what will balance stuff right". It's based on actual transactions.
The central banks tend to set a guideline interest rate to keep a countries economy in tact based on what they predict is the best rate to run the country. But when interest is paid across, it still isn't just cash paid out of thin air. It's based on trading.

I'm overseeing the planning & purchasing process of over 100 million euro, there is no need that you believe it... your behaviour however leads to the conclusion you are scrubbing toilets somewhere, right?

Yea sure you are.
In between crying on the forums about everything, and trying out how to figure out how to tie those pesky shoelaces, you are a purchasing manager. With your obvious idiocy, at best, you'll be an entry level clerk with delusions of grandeur. At worst, you're 11, and haven't figures out how to tell a good lie.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#175 - 2013-09-06 12:37:38 UTC
Tron 3K wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Tron 3K wrote:

Same could be said about adding arenas. It will actually take away from the gameplay that is now in place. Anyone that enjoy's a PVP game will hate arenas. You obviously just want PVE with a splash of PVP when you get bored. Look at all the games taht did have your glorious Arena's minus that POS WoW cause thats for retards. Sorry I don't mean the mentally handicap in this regard as they are a little smarter than the ones that play it. They have sucked the life out of the game because people yes will flock to that arena but when you play the same arena over and over it barely changes a little here and there based on someone maybe flying a different ship than the last arena. In the end people will get bored because there is nothing really keeping them here since actual PVP and the goals of SOV would be pushed back and no one would be doing it.

more and more people play FPS (millions!), they do not get bored at all, the only thing they get bored of is people like you holding up the action
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#176 - 2013-09-06 12:40:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Barzai Mekhar wrote:

I don't worry about the players themselves. I care about the changes required to appease them. Because, like a large fraction of EvE's current playerbase I would agree to the sentiment that "games made to appease the masses" usually SUCK. Badly. Not vaccuum cleaner style, they suck black hole style. And with the exception of WoW, they've also shown a tendency to crash and burn badly (*cough* SWTOR *cough*). Do you think SWTOR or GW2 will still be actively developed in 10 years? I'm thorougly sick of EA style developement that results in instant gratification games ("Push the Button, something awesome will happen!") without any longtime motivation, and I'm very happy to have found a game that currently refuses to cater to those "masses".

you can keep the longtime motivation like sov fights and stuff, adding arenas would just add on top of that, for training and stuff... people could get into PvP faster, there would be various advantages... i would do nullsec stuff and then i can switch to some fast arena battles... just adds diversity, I do not always have time to go the nullsec route, sometimes i just want to have some fast PvP fight and logout again, SoV gameplay would still be the lontime motivation, one would not hurt the other
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#177 - 2013-09-06 12:48:12 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Barzai Mekhar wrote:

you can keep the longtime motivation like sov fights and stuff, adding arenas would just add on top of that, for training and stuff... people could get into PvP faster, there would be various advantages... i would do nullsec stuff and then i can switch to some fast arena battles... just adds diversity

Seing how you are either unwilling (in which case I've been trolled badly) or unable (in which case I'm sorry for you) to actually understand the point of an argument and instead have to respond to single phrases you latch onto, I'll refrain from arguing any further. As a final question may I incquire, is your multi million dollar job possibly located in greece, perchance in the banking or public sector? It would explain so much.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#178 - 2013-09-06 12:49:33 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

more and more people play FPS (millions!), they do not get bored at all, the only thing they get bored of is people like you holding up the action

So why does every blockbuster tital have a 4-6 month shelf life before its abandoned?
Iamsamsara
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#179 - 2013-09-06 12:53:31 UTC
So you want to buff High Sec to encourage people to go to Nullsec?

People don't stay in High Sec because of the "ISK barrier" for entering pvp, they stay in High Sec because it is already the highest income source in the game. Buff Null Sec and give people reasons to fight small skirmishes, resources behind gates that discontinue to function after x amount of pilots jump through, etc. Buffing High Sec will just cause Null Pilots to flock back to Empire space
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#180 - 2013-09-06 12:55:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Harry Forever wrote:

you can keep the longtime motivation like sov fights and stuff, adding arenas would just add on top of that, for training and stuff... people could get into PvP faster, there would be various advantages... i would do nullsec stuff and then i can switch to some fast arena battles... just adds diversity, I do not always have time to go the nullsec route, sometimes i just want to have some fast PvP fight and logout again, SoV gameplay would still be the lontime motivation, one would not hurt the other

And here is the problem. As i've said, "brliiant idea" people always fail because they don't see that everyone isn't like them.

While YOU would use arenas that way, others would use them and the things surrounding them differently. Some of those different ways could be detrimental to the overall game.

If you want easy pvp, what's stopping you from faction warfare, RvB, or just fitting a tech1 cruiser and jumping into low sec.

Funny thing is, in the same way that Infinity Ziona proved that what he wanted to happen (easier access to deep null) didn't need to happen by successfully raiding TRIBE space without logistical infrastructure or support, you proved that the game doesn't need arenas because you can already just jump into a destroyer and attack the HEARTLAND of the biggest coalition in the game at will......