These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

you want more people going to nullsec? then buff highsec!

First post First post
Author
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#481 - 2013-09-07 20:23:21 UTC
Murk Paradox wrote:

Every player gets a trophy for participating now.

Of course, that's 4 year olds playing teeball.. but still...

If that's truly the case, the future of humanity is going to suck, and it will do so within the next 60 years.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#482 - 2013-09-07 20:24:01 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
the time taken to kill a rat is equal to a player ship, kill a ratfrig = kill a player frig

same time taken

So, a NPC with 3000 EHP is the same as a player with a BC with 85k EHP?
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#483 - 2013-09-07 20:24:35 UTC
Roime wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:
Ok, so you claim that 90% of all kills are PVE ships "for sure".

I think you are ********.

yes, you can check the info with the map, maybe its even 99 PvE ships vs. 1 PvP ship

just check it, good one Aunia 10 Player ships destroyed vs. 14.000 pirate ships in the last 24 hours... lol

just randomly clicked on the first one

You mean NPCs, not PVE ships. Yes, you are correct, many times more NPCs die in EVE. Any player can kill hundreds of NPCs in an hour. If I get 5 kills per a solo roam, I'm very happy and call it a good night.

What this actually tells that NPCs are trivially easy to kill (even miners add to that total by just having scout drones out), and players are hard to kill.

It doesn't tell that 90% players are doing PVE.

Aunia is hisec, btw.

L3 mission agents ftw!

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#484 - 2013-09-07 20:30:08 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Quote:

so you did mean mission ships of players? close to zero die of those, use your brain

however, the game is 90% about PvE that was the point, and the rats kills was the proof of it

it was discussing PvE vs. PvP then you said, no no no, PvP is much bigger, you fail so much its not funny

people spend 90-99% of their time doing PvE not PvP... and you want to keep it that way, understood

Again, if we use your logic that 99% of people just kill rats due to the number of npcs that die then we must conclude that due to the trillians of market transactions made every month that the vast bulk of EVE just play on the markets. Given that this is a pvp activity it also means that most of us pvp rather than pve.

But you mentioned npc buy orders dwarfed those by a lot. (I don't have a dog in this fight, I just liked the comparison).

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#485 - 2013-09-07 20:31:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
the game just moves too slow for me, I thought it could provide all under one roof, to attract faster phased games and slower phased tactical gamers... I'm sure it could work, one game could provide it all, fast action on the front line, slower on the metagame

someday I will enjoy eve, I'm sure, however its too early, I'm not that young anymore but, still to fast, to have fun with it now... it is moving to clumsy and thats why its frustrating me, although it could be cool someday... its the main reason why it does not attract young players that much

devs should still think about the arenas, I dont think it would harm the metagame or the other playstyles, just different people would play different parts of the game, like it is happening now

it all would lead to more players, I think that would not be a bad thing

o/
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#486 - 2013-09-07 20:31:46 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
SKINE DMZ wrote:
Seems like EVE is not the only thing you are delusional about.

Also with an IQ of 150, surely you know laugh has no O in it?

you can type faster without changing every wrong typed letter, the message still comes across

thats just about efficiency, you can change all letters and think you are smart, however its not smart behaviour

guys like you hold themselves up with letters, where guys like me think about the meaning and use their brains

every letter you change and search for errors, I'm getting smarter then you

No. If you are going to even try to be believed through written word.. spelling is a must.

Grammar and syntax help too.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#487 - 2013-09-07 20:34:06 UTC
Murk Paradox wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
SKINE DMZ wrote:
Seems like EVE is not the only thing you are delusional about.

Also with an IQ of 150, surely you know laugh has no O in it?

you can type faster without changing every wrong typed letter, the message still comes across

thats just about efficiency, you can change all letters and think you are smart, however its not smart behaviour

guys like you hold themselves up with letters, where guys like me think about the meaning and use their brains

every letter you change and search for errors, I'm getting smarter then you

No. If you are going to even try to be believed through written word.. spelling is a must.

Grammar and syntax help too.

nope, just fuddy duddy people look at that, holding themselves up with details and not the meaning

I do not even look at others spelling, would not even recognice it if something is wrong there

grammar no important either as long as it is somehow readable
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#488 - 2013-09-07 20:34:14 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

for you maybe, for the masses its fine to get more kills and have more action, thats why a seperate gamemode for those is perfect

we won't disturb your cat and mouse game out there...

The masses agree with me. If they didnt then this game would not have year on year growth. The very fact that this is the only MMO to have a growing population after a decade shows that CCP are right in not catering to the instant gratification no effort crowd. You are the minority here.

gaming did outgrow EvE 10 to 1 in the timeframe, because CCP is listening too much to guys like you

they could have a playerbase of 5-10 million easy

Ongoing success... or one hit wonder?

You decide which is "smarter".

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#489 - 2013-09-07 20:35:17 UTC
Doris Dents wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

dude there is just one bigger fight on the whole map!

its sensless to discuss, you have no clue what i want, at least 10-20 bigger fights on the map each day

you are fine with your one fight, cool... its not enough for me, try to understand it, it feels like zero is happening out there

There would be a lot more targets in null if highsec hadn't demanded and got risk free isk that's comparable to null without any of the many drawbacks. Buffing highsec yet more won't reverse that trend it would only exacerbate it.

Be honest, you can't just pretend that Goonswarm didn't help that growth =P

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#490 - 2013-09-07 20:39:22 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:

Every player gets a trophy for participating now.

Of course, that's 4 year olds playing teeball.. but still...

If that's truly the case, the future of humanity is going to suck, and it will do so within the next 60 years.

Yea =(

It's true though. Same with "graduating" grade school.

It's the little accomplishments in life I suppose.

Makes us special.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#491 - 2013-09-07 20:41:45 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
the game just moves too slow for me, I thought it could provide all under one roof, to attract faster phased games and slower phased tactical gamers... I'm sure it could work, one game could provide it all, fast action on the front line, slower on the metagame

someday I will enjoy eve, I'm sure, however its too early, I'm not that young anymore but, still to fast, to have fun with it now... it is moving to clumsy and thats why its frustrating me, although it could be cool someday... its the main reason why it does not attract young players that much

devs should still think about the arenas, I dont think it would harm the metagame or the other playstyles, just different people would play different parts of the game, like it is happening now

o/

All screwing around aside, this is a mature post. Thanks for that.

Presented this way, how you think isn't all that crazy. There are serious problems that I don't think you take into account when asking for a channge or additon. I think instant gratification content could introduce some nasty unintended consequences to this game.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#492 - 2013-09-07 20:42:48 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

o/

Don't fish for industrials in sov. Engage a much more target rich environment.

Lowsec around FW space is a lot of fun to find fights.

NPC null has quite a bit more fun as well.... if you find an anom runner and harass him, chances are, you'll get some people to undock to chase you out. Even that is more fun than killing miners with a stealth bomber.

But.

Atleast you are going out there and blowing people up. A lot of people find fault in what you do, but seriously, technology can be taught (as can fittings and techniques) but the willingness to blow **** up at the cost of you getting blown up is paramount.

As weird as the things you post are, I'll give you that.

Rose Jasmone
Doomheim
#493 - 2013-09-07 21:33:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Rose Jasmone
Almost all the time people miss one simple fact: Most of the low quality stuff happening in EVE just happen because of the low quality players doing it. Nothing else.

Harassment doesnt happen because of broken mechanics, it happens because of broken players. In the most perfect developed game ever to exist there will be low quality interactions as long as low quality players are in the game.

I am not talking about unskilled players or inactive players, I am talking about players deliberately doing what they know will spoil the fun of the game for this is what they find funny. No mechanic that allow players to make choices freely will prevent players to do stuff to diminish its environment as a whole. Just like real life.

But it is funny that Empires of some well advanced race of human being capable of so much is so blinded to what could happen if you allow people to go around blowing stuff up in their backyard. Just like USA or England starting to allow people shooting other people in the face in the middle of their capital cities. This is a game and CCP can do whatever they want for whatever reason they want, but it is very interesting compare what they visualize as being New Eden in contrast to what it would really be if it was a real universe.

True that if you knew you were unable to die and had very little accountability, what eve is now is pretty much what reality would be. But the same way "immortal out of control" beings doing crime would soon have to face "immortal controllers" that would organize themselves. The problem in EVE is that the game doesnt attract that kind of player, and if it does, it doesnt excite them into combat.

Combat in EVE is not slow or fast, it is very dumbed down. As it is in almost every single MMORPG. Guild Wars 2 had a pretty good shot at it, but all the potential was spoiled for a simple reason: You need masses to be cost effective, and no game with good skill requiring dynamic and ever changing combat mechanics will have masses playing. Most people, like CCP said a lot in the early years of EVE, likes to shoot people in the face.

People have been in this game asking for so many dumb things over the years, like maneuver a space ship with some "flight simulator" base controls, like left-right up-down. Seriously ? If it was one or two people, but still recent posts asking that. Asking mechanics to be enforced to control behavior is equally dumb, it is just less obvious why.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#494 - 2013-09-07 21:48:08 UTC
Quote:
But it is funny that Empires of some well advanced race of human being capable of so much is so blinded to what could happen if you allow people to go around blowing stuff up in their backyard.

Funny, yes. Hard to understand? No.

They don't have the capability to maintain control over us. They are lucky if CONCORD can do it in highsec, and they have to work together as a concerted force of the 4 Empires just to do that.

The 2nd (the 1st was Sansha) and last time the Empires have ever come together as a united whole. Besides that, they have to deal with each other and the pirate factions constantly. That is why the only laws capsuleers are bound by are those of CONCORD(aside from breaking regional empire rules, but those are mostly about illegal goods), which were mostly designed to snuff out any mass scale capsuleer warfare before it got out of hand.

It's not that they let us do this, or are blinded to our actions.

They can't do anything about it.

Which is the lore justification for all of the in game freedom we enjoy.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#495 - 2013-09-08 00:02:24 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
After reviewing the thread, the amount of off topic posting, personal attacks, and lack of content have lead me to close the thread. Please keep all future topics on topic and full of good discussion. Thank you.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department