These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Shadow of Serpentis event, miscommunication and autism apparently.

First post
Author
Solecist Project
#81 - 2016-08-19 13:04:26 UTC
Breaking Fast wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
OP: Start shooting a Jita Monument and rally as many people as you can to do the same. I'll be honest, whoever designed those capitals and designed their projected pricing is not beneficial to CCP to have in their Dev Team.

Edit: I'll come a long and shoot with ya


If it comes to it, then so be it, thank you!

You could just post on reddit and in the proper forum ...
... but i guess this at least is a show. ^_^

If you keep it up you might get featured in Scope News! :D



Not sure when Reddit became the official Forum for EvE, but maybe thats another mistake on the part of CCP, posting more on Reddit than these forums here.

I was merely stating helpful options, the rest is outside of the scope. :)

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Solecist Project
#82 - 2016-08-19 13:08:17 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Anyone who understands that CCP promises you nothing and CCP owes you nothing (beyond 30 days game time in exchange for 15 bucks) is bound to be happier than the OP.

This is the same kind of post as you get when CCP re-balances some ship that someone "invested many hours getting good in!". CCP never said they wouldn't change things or go back on things previous ccp 'administrations' said. Geckos anyone?

If you don't like this reality, stop giving them money. That is your only recourse.


No it's nothing like that. Nothing at all. Skilling is not an activity, it's a passive accumulation, ships skills and competitions are not even the same ball park. Stopping giving them my money, doesn't help me engage with the problem. I love EvE Online, I'd work harder to change it than just walk away from it.

Thank you for voicing your opinion in such a great manner.
We need more of you and less yes-sayers, look-awayers and bitter gave-uppers!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#83 - 2016-08-19 13:10:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Major Trant wrote:
Good write up OP and I kind of feel for you. But there is a possibility that CCP might be considering re-jigging the build costs given the sh*t people are posting about them. Thus handing them out now for people to build them with the old costs is going to stuff someone even worse. I can well understand CCP wanting to keep knowledge of such consideration in-house until they have a definite plan and all they have to do is to sit on these prizes until they stop arguing among themselves.

I'm sure you will get some period of exclusivity as promised, but I think your real problem is an unrealistic expectation of their value based on the Revenant experience.

So CCP have released them on SISI! Sorry but doing that has not broken any promise or contract you seem to think they have with you.

Maybe I'm not bitter enough, but hold on until they have actually shafted you, I'll back you if that happens. o7


Glad you aren't bitter, becoming a bittervet is a terrible thing indeed and I have avoided this pitfall, while I watched the bittervetness devour other players alive.

All I want is what was promised, I have no unrealistic expectations beyond that. I also hope this makes CCP take their events more seriously, because ran right, they have something special here. Ignore the people who could only see the grind, the people who said this stuff carried on with the same old boring grind they have done in eve since the day they started playing. The event was great fun! If you didn't enjoy it, well I guess you enjoyed your DED's, anoms, roids and hauling as i zipped past you.

They didn't have a contract, they made commitments, in writing and recorded. They have yet to deliver. If they are having in house discussions on build costs then great, because that's an issue I championed before I even started running the event. See this post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=487286&find=unread

Let's see shall we.
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#84 - 2016-08-19 13:11:47 UTC
I tried posting on reddit, but in the years I have read on reddit, I have never posted and for some reason no one can see my post, I'm a reddit noob.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#85 - 2016-08-19 13:11:50 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Anyone who understands that CCP promises you nothing and CCP owes you nothing (beyond 30 days game time in exchange for 15 bucks) is bound to be happier than the OP.

This is the same kind of post as you get when CCP re-balances some ship that someone "invested many hours getting good in!". CCP never said they wouldn't change things or go back on things previous ccp 'administrations' said. Geckos anyone?

If you don't like this reality, stop giving them money. That is your only recourse.


No it's nothing like that. Nothing at all. Skilling is not an activity, it's a passive accumulation, ships skills and competitions are not even the same ball park. Stopping giving them my money, doesn't help me engage with the problem. I love EvE Online, I'd work harder to change it than just walk away from it.


You are just another customer. No amount of chirping on a forum is going to change anything. Hell, you can't even be sure anyone from CCP even read what you posted, and as you can see from the replies, you haven't even garnered anything like overwhelming support for the issue you raise.

Life offers 2 choices, try (usually in vain) to change other people into something you think they should be or govern yourself better (in this case, don't spend so much of your precious and irreplaceable time on earth chasing imaginary ship blueprints) because all you can really control is yourself.
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#86 - 2016-08-19 13:15:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Jenn aSide wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Anyone who understands that CCP promises you nothing and CCP owes you nothing (beyond 30 days game time in exchange for 15 bucks) is bound to be happier than the OP.

This is the same kind of post as you get when CCP re-balances some ship that someone "invested many hours getting good in!". CCP never said they wouldn't change things or go back on things previous ccp 'administrations' said. Geckos anyone?

If you don't like this reality, stop giving them money. That is your only recourse.


No it's nothing like that. Nothing at all. Skilling is not an activity, it's a passive accumulation, ships skills and competitions are not even the same ball park. Stopping giving them my money, doesn't help me engage with the problem. I love EvE Online, I'd work harder to change it than just walk away from it.


You are just another customer. No amount of chirping on a forum is going to change anything. Hell, you can't even be sure anyone from CCP even read what you posted, and as you can see from the replies, you haven't even garnered anything like overwhelming support for the issue you raise.

Life offers 2 choices, try (usually in vain) to change other people into something you think they should be or govern yourself better (in this case, don't spend so much of your precious and irreplaceable time on earth chasing imaginary ship blueprints) because all you can really control is yourself.



I disagree. I have started many student schemes and projects, been published in books, changed the lives of many people and managed to get communities to turn their political votes on their heads, where you see pointless effort, I see a niche, a problem to solve. Sometimes this approach leaves me exhausted, but I have created change and I don't shy away from impossible challenges, I relish them.

"You can't build a trade hub in low sec" - Yes I can, twice.

"You can't catch up in the event!" - Yes I did.

"You can't mine in a hulk in Amamake!" - 6 Gravi belts in Amamake fell to my "Beast of Amamake"

"You can't survive in low sec without losing a ship" - 4 years in Aridia and my only loss was an unfit venture I offered to the LowSechnya gods on my way out of that hellhole.

"You can't"

"You can't" - No. You can't
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#87 - 2016-08-19 13:21:34 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:



I disagree. I have started many student schemes and projects, been published in books, changed the lives of many people and managed to get communities to turn their political votes on their heads
, where you see pointless effort, I see a niche, a problem to solve. Sometimes this approach leaves me exhausted, but I have created change and I don't shy away from impossible challenges, I relish them.



Not surprising in the least.
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#88 - 2016-08-19 13:28:51 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:



I disagree. I have started many student schemes and projects, been published in books, changed the lives of many people and managed to get communities to turn their political votes on their heads
, where you see pointless effort, I see a niche, a problem to solve. Sometimes this approach leaves me exhausted, but I have created change and I don't shy away from impossible challenges, I relish them.



Not surprising in the least.



Problem is I'm a natural scientist and a social one, and an entrepreneur. Don't pigeon hole me :) What I listed before was only over 2 years :) And I promise not to pigeon hole you, m'kay?
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#89 - 2016-08-19 13:30:39 UTC
Jenn I do ascribe to self governance and working to change social governance, the two are interlinked and inseparable no?
Major Trant
Red Federation
RvB - RED Federation
#90 - 2016-08-19 13:42:35 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
...All I want is what was promised, I have no unrealistic expectations beyond that. I also hope this makes CCP take their events more seriously, because ran right, they have something special here. Ignore the people who could only see the grind, the people who said this stuff carried on with the same old boring grind they have done in eve since the day they started playing. The event was great fun! If you didn't enjoy it, well I guess you enjoyed your DED's, anoms, roids and hauling as i zipped past you.

They didn't have a contract, they made commitments, in writing and recorded. They have yet to deliver...

Yes but they haven't broken those commitments yet. They have only promised to giving you your prize before releasing them via the Serp LP store. As I said if there is a problem with the item, they have to delay both events. If they haven't got a solution/date, you can't really blame them for not communication that they 'don't know', especially when they haven't reached any deadline.

You can't blame CCP for the 450 hours you put into the event either, that was your choice. CCP never designed the event to take 450 hours of grind, you did that because you could and were competing with other similarly minded players. If 200 hours had been enough you would have stopped. Why were you competing? You must have thought it was worth it. It is clear your frustration is bourne out of the realisation that you over valued the prize, not that you haven't got it yet. Sorry, not trying to troll.
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#91 - 2016-08-19 13:55:27 UTC
Major Trant wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
...All I want is what was promised, I have no unrealistic expectations beyond that. I also hope this makes CCP take their events more seriously, because ran right, they have something special here. Ignore the people who could only see the grind, the people who said this stuff carried on with the same old boring grind they have done in eve since the day they started playing. The event was great fun! If you didn't enjoy it, well I guess you enjoyed your DED's, anoms, roids and hauling as i zipped past you.

They didn't have a contract, they made commitments, in writing and recorded. They have yet to deliver...

Yes but they haven't broken those commitments yet. They have only promised to giving you your prize before releasing them via the Serp LP store. As I said if there is a problem with the item, they have to delay both events. If they haven't got a solution/date, you can't really blame them for not communication that they 'don't know', especially when they haven't reached any deadline.

You can't blame CCP for the 450 hours you put into the event either, that was your choice. CCP never designed the event to take 450 hours of grind, you did that because you could and were competing with other similarly minded players. If 200 hours had been enough you would have stopped. Why were you competing? You must have thought it was worth it. It is clear your frustration is bourne out of the realisation that you over valued the prize, not that you haven't got it yet. Sorry, not trying to troll.



I see all your points. No I didn't over value the prize. I don't have a prize too value. On the o7 show it is clearly stated that we have been awarded these prizes, we have not. I can't overvalue a prize that is only 1 of 5 of such item in game, I can name my price. I did what it took to place. Would I do it again looking back, absolutley. I got alot out of this event, but I just can't fathom many of the views here. If I mined some asteroids and nothing ever appeared in my ore hold, something is wrong no? If the bounty from the rats I popped never entered my wallet? If I had not placed, as I have stated before, I could walk away feeling satisfied, but I did, and myself and most of the other top 10 I have spoken to, were expecting the results to be announced within 24hrs. You don't leave people standing around after the 1,500m in the olympics, do you?

I get all you are saying, but I have to stay this side of the fence on this one.
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#92 - 2016-08-19 14:00:19 UTC
Here let me show you how easy it is:

(fake CCP publicity)

Shadow of Serpentis event has started

Insert event details here

Winners will be announced on --/--/-- and awarded prizes on --/--/--.
Period of exclusivity will be x months/weeks.

Fin.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#93 - 2016-08-19 14:03:06 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
I disagree. I have started many student schemes and projects, been published in books, changed the lives of many people and managed to get communities to turn their political votes on their heads, where you see pointless effort, I see a niche, a problem to solve. Sometimes this approach leaves me exhausted, but I have created change and I don't shy away from impossible challenges, I relish them.

"You can't build a trade hub in low sec" - Yes I can, twice.

"You can't catch up in the event!" - Yes I did.

"You can't mine in a hulk in Amamake!" - 6 Gravi belts in Amamake fell to my "Beast of Amamake"

"You can't survive in low sec without losing a ship" - 4 years in Aridia and my only loss was an unfit venture I offered to the LowSechnya gods on my way out of that hellhole.

"You can't"

"You can't" - No. You can't


Your arrogance and sense of entitlement in this thread is astounding
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#94 - 2016-08-19 14:07:05 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:


Your arrogance and sense of entitlement in this thread is astounding



Your lack of self esteem is quite apparent. I am entitled to a bpc and the knowledge of how long the period of exclusivity will be. I don't THINK I should have it, I know I should, it what was written on the tin before I opened it. You also seem to be a little envious, deal with it.
Solecist Project
#95 - 2016-08-19 14:08:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
I disagree. I have started many student schemes and projects, been published in books, changed the lives of many people and managed to get communities to turn their political votes on their heads, where you see pointless effort, I see a niche, a problem to solve. Sometimes this approach leaves me exhausted, but I have created change and I don't shy away from impossible challenges, I relish them.

"You can't build a trade hub in low sec" - Yes I can, twice.

"You can't catch up in the event!" - Yes I did.

"You can't mine in a hulk in Amamake!" - 6 Gravi belts in Amamake fell to my "Beast of Amamake"

"You can't survive in low sec without losing a ship" - 4 years in Aridia and my only loss was an unfit venture I offered to the LowSechnya gods on my way out of that hellhole.

"You can't"

"You can't" - No. You can't


Your arrogance and sense of entitlement in this thread is astounding

Funny how you see that.
What I see is an achiever who has no issues telling it ...
... even to the masses of unachievers who will only say things like you do.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#96 - 2016-08-19 14:10:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
You grinded 450h in this event and you are only 9th? Wat.

450h of grinding ... WTF

and some people even did more? waaaabblllee aeef fasf 3dkfv sdfvb pgg dfgbv ezgb gg 9g gdsg dfg regrhgd
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#97 - 2016-08-19 14:10:59 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
I disagree. I have started many student schemes and projects, been published in books, changed the lives of many people and managed to get communities to turn their political votes on their heads, where you see pointless effort, I see a niche, a problem to solve. Sometimes this approach leaves me exhausted, but I have created change and I don't shy away from impossible challenges, I relish them.

"You can't build a trade hub in low sec" - Yes I can, twice.

"You can't catch up in the event!" - Yes I did.

"You can't mine in a hulk in Amamake!" - 6 Gravi belts in Amamake fell to my "Beast of Amamake"

"You can't survive in low sec without losing a ship" - 4 years in Aridia and my only loss was an unfit venture I offered to the LowSechnya gods on my way out of that hellhole.

"You can't"

"You can't" - No. You can't


Your arrogance and sense of entitlement in this thread is astounding

Funny how you see that.
What I see is an achiever who has no issues telling it ...
... even to the masses of unachievers who will only say things like you do.

Most people who are negative towards those who do ... themselves don't do ...
... and then of course react in a negative way.


Yup been put in a hole a few times by the mob. The mob can eat it. I really don't care for people who have nothing constructive to add and can only go for the take-down, get your self esteem elsewhere.
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#98 - 2016-08-19 14:13:21 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:
You grinded 450h in this event and you are only 9th? Wat.

450h of grinding ... WTF

and some people even did more? waaaabblllee aeef fasf 3dkfv sdfvb pgg dfgbv ezgb gg 9g gdsg dfg regrhgd


That's how i felt after DT on the final day.

no.8 "Alen Asques > My face is melting"

after i finished up the final 500 pts with him just before dt.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#99 - 2016-08-19 14:24:25 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Your lack of self esteem is quite apparent. I am entitled to a bpc and the knowledge of how long the period of exclusivity will be. I don't THINK I should have it, I know I should, it what was written on the tin before I opened it. You also seem to be a little envious, deal with it.


You're not entitled to anything. Thanks for proving my point, though.

I didn't run a single site for this event. I'm not envious. I never participate in things like this, they aren't my thing.

Solecist Project wrote:
Funny how you see that.
What I see is an achiever who has no issues telling it ...
... even to the masses of unachievers who will only say things like you do.


You literally just described an arrogant person...
Discordia Duenna
Control-Space
DARKNESS.
#100 - 2016-08-19 14:29:19 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Your lack of self esteem is quite apparent. I am entitled to a bpc and the knowledge of how long the period of exclusivity will be. I don't THINK I should have it, I know I should, it what was written on the tin before I opened it. You also seem to be a little envious, deal with it.


You're not entitled to anything. Thanks for proving my point, though.

I didn't run a single site for this event. I'm not envious. I never participate in things like this, they aren't my thing.

Solecist Project wrote:
Funny how you see that.
What I see is an achiever who has no issues telling it ...
... even to the masses of unachievers who will only say things like you do.


You literally just described an arrogant person...


I am not arrogant at all. Then perhaps I misjudged you, it happens. If one lists their achievements it's arrogance, if one shys away from doing so, you aren't valuing yourself. Humans make being human impossible.