These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Shadow of Serpentis event, miscommunication and autism apparently.

First post
Author
Nicemeries
#121 - 2016-08-19 19:52:13 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
Quote:
I challenge you to invest this much time in something and be greeted by silence at the end of your time.

Pretty sure the CEO of every large corp / alliance just died a little on the inside.

Also OP, like we've been telling you for 6 pages now, patience. Wonderful thing, isn't it?

Why do you care ? Take up OP's challenge somewhere else.
BUISNESSWOMAN
MMMONSTER ENERGY
#122 - 2016-08-19 19:57:28 UTC
I was here 0/
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#123 - 2016-08-19 19:57:50 UTC
If they are custom BPCs rather than related in any way to the LP store they may have zero or extremely low build costs - in which case the insanely high build costs of the LP store versions would add quite a bit of value.

Additionally, they'd have rarity value to collectors who might not even use them up.

Worth considering.

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#124 - 2016-08-19 20:11:00 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
Quote:
I challenge you to invest this much time in something and be greeted by silence at the end of your time.

Pretty sure the CEO of every large corp / alliance just died a little on the inside.

Also OP, like we've been telling you for 6 pages now, patience. Wonderful thing, isn't it?

Agreed, but so is being vocal when necessary. I understand an alliance leaders woes, would be nice if they got some love eh?
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#125 - 2016-08-19 20:12:51 UTC
BUISNESSWOMAN wrote:
I was here 0/

You never did tell me your points when I met you in Genesis... :)
Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#126 - 2016-08-19 20:18:20 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Scotsman Howard wrote:

This is an incredibly kind response for a childish outburst. Seriously if I were you I would ban-hammer just for being annoying and crying about how the person has been ripped off when he/she hasn't. Mad props for having the resolve to not go off on people.

It is a kind response, maybe he is being sensitive to the very real amount of time invested by participants. As for comments about this being a childish outburst. I challenge you to invest this much time in something and be greeted by silence at the end of your time.

I don't think my post was childish at all, if that were the case, then surely I should have led with a childish response rather than a report of my most excellent experience running the event. You waited for a CCP response before even posting. Man up.

This is Eve. You don't fly what you can't afford to lose, and the same could be said for your time. Don't spend your time doing something if you are not okay that it might not pay off in the end.

You could have spent all that time and not even placed at all to get a reward. If that happened, you probably would have had a similar thread but about how much of a grind for no gain you had.

Ask your logistics, corp/alliance leadership, CCP employees, etc. what it is like to invest so much time into a game to not get praised for every little thing they do. Ask the FW players who spend hours trying to grind systems only to have all their work done in the middle of the night.

I did not say your post was childish. It was actually well written. I called your overall response childish. The amount of entitlement in it for doing so much gameplay was on the levels of your average WOW player.

Finally, as for waiting for a dev response, I would have never seen this thread had it not been for the dev responding. I read the response and it made no sense so I looked at the start of the whole stinkin thread, and what did I see? 2-3 full posts about a story of a player who spent hundreds of hours playing the game with their friends and not getting their reward fast enough.

You enjoyed your experience with the event and had fun with your friends. You made money on the loot/drops. The value of your reward was in no way affected by anything CCP has/hasn't done (hint, singularity is not tranquility and has no affect on the value of your BPCs). Even if it had been, that is their right (ask a market trader if he or she has ever lost money because of a CCP change, and they will tell you it is apart of the game).
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#127 - 2016-08-19 20:38:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Scotsman Howard wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Scotsman Howard wrote:

This is an incredibly kind response for a childish outburst. Seriously if I were you I would ban-hammer just for being annoying and crying about how the person has been ripped off when he/she hasn't. Mad props for having the resolve to not go off on people.

It is a kind response, maybe he is being sensitive to the very real amount of time invested by participants. As for comments about this being a childish outburst. I challenge you to invest this much time in something and be greeted by silence at the end of your time.

I don't think my post was childish at all, if that were the case, then surely I should have led with a childish response rather than a report of my most excellent experience running the event. You waited for a CCP response before even posting. Man up.

This is Eve. You don't fly what you can't afford to lose, and the same could be said for your time. Don't spend your time doing something if you are not okay that it might not pay off in the end.

You could have spent all that time and not even placed at all to get a reward. If that happened, you probably would have had a similar thread but about how much of a grind for no gain you had.

Ask your logistics, corp/alliance leadership, CCP employees, etc. what it is like to invest so much time into a game to not get praised for every little thing they do. Ask the FW players who spend hours trying to grind systems only to have all their work done in the middle of the night.

I did not say your post was childish. It was actually well written. I called your overall response childish. The amount of entitlement in it for doing so much gameplay was on the levels of your average WOW player.

Finally, as for waiting for a dev response, I would have never seen this thread had it not been for the dev responding. I read the response and it made no sense so I looked at the start of the whole stinkin thread, and what did I see? 2-3 full posts about a story of a player who spent hundreds of hours playing the game with their friends and not getting their reward fast enough.

You enjoyed your experience with the event and had fun with your friends. You made money on the loot/drops. The value of your reward was in no way affected by anything CCP has/hasn't done (hint, singularity is not tranquility and has no affect on the value of your BPCs). Even if it had been, that is their right (ask a market trader if he or she has ever lost money because of a CCP change, and they will tell you it is apart of the game).

As I have said several times....sigh... Had I not placed i'd still be here supporting whoever did. I had a great time doing this event and I'd write a much longer account for CCP to pick bits from if they wish/I'll probably do it anyways. I am used to communication, I am required to communicate effectively in roles I have in life and have had. The communication surrounding this issue was poor and created much discord amongst many individuals.

The value was affected, it went from people being interested to people saying they'll wait for the lp store. How would you know? Did you win one too? My overall response might be gauged against the level of responses I received, in that department I can point to many more childish responses than my own, that perhaps I shouldn't have responded to, but alas I think everyone deserves a reply if possible, there's that communication thing creeping in again.

The thing is you can talk about how I am entitled in a general sense as an accusation, but I am not this way. I am though entitled in a literal sense to what was competed for. You win a race you get the medal. Simple. Expanding my words to mean I am entitled as a character is going beyond the scope of this topic.

If CCP learns to communicate more effectively regarding their events as a result of this thread then fantastic. I had conversations with many people before posting this and I speak for more people than myself by posting.

If you don't think I should feel a little entitlement for placing in this competition, with particular reference to being communicated to regarding what is meant to be happening post event, then you are being unfair Sir.

Believe me, I love what CCP has produced, I have said it before. I love EvE Online. I have fought in CCP's corner on numerous occasions, most of which was on the old forums. I think I have made 2 posts criticizing CCP, and both were over this event. But then I am in a position to, I have put 450 hrs into it, I know alot about it. It's easy to see why you'd think I'm like everyone else who can be toxic in this player community, but I'm not.

"This is Eve" Yea I know :)
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#128 - 2016-08-19 20:53:07 UTC
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel cheated, or like there's not exclusivity to the prizes because they've been released on to Singularity.

Singularity is a test environment that has absolutely no bearing on the live gameplay environment in terms of people "getting things first".

Every single item that goes into the live game environment you play in first goes to staging on CHAOS, then to Singularity, before being deployed to Tranquility. These blueprints are no different. You haven't "lost exclusivity" on your prizes. You'll still have them in advance of everyone else, and trust me, with the blueprints that are coming, they'll be VERY valuable.

Generally when we finish an event, the prizes are handed out on or around the next release, which is typically within 4-6 weeks after the event ends with the previous release.

In this instance, the blueprints are due to be given out next week, once they've been specially authored for the winners, actually earlier than the usual time frame that we would issue prizes in.

These are the first blueprints, and will be created manually outside any of our automated loot drop or LP rewards systems, so they have to be created manually by a game designer before being put into the redeeming system, or dropped into winner's hangars, also manually.

Our game designers are generally incredibly busy, so this type of work gets added to their tasks for their current sprint. Sprints last two weeks. It's coming up on two weeks since the last release.

The blueprints will be out there in the hands of the winners next week, no worries. Smile

Sounds like ME 10 TE 20 BPCs.

Anyways, CCP Falcon, it's still questionable design that these faction capitals cost abonormous amounts of ressources instead of getting the Revenant treat of having rare BPCs. I welcome new items for LP stores, but let's be rational, you'd do better adding pirate faction item BPCs to LP stores and make the capital BPCs drops from those factions' capital rats.

That ME/TE bonus is exactly what I thought reading that too. Either that or it will be collectors item style which will of course disappear once used.

I actually agree with CCP on the build cost issue in light of the future industry arrays, barge reworks, the orca/rorqual reworks and the off grid booster changes. I shall wait for all the information on these changes BEFORE I scream bloody murder myself.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#129 - 2016-08-19 21:00:17 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel cheated, or like there's not exclusivity to the prizes because they've been released on to Singularity.

Singularity is a test environment that has absolutely no bearing on the live gameplay environment in terms of people "getting things first".

Every single item that goes into the live game environment you play in first goes to staging on CHAOS, then to Singularity, before being deployed to Tranquility. These blueprints are no different. You haven't "lost exclusivity" on your prizes. You'll still have them in advance of everyone else, and trust me, with the blueprints that are coming, they'll be VERY valuable.

Generally when we finish an event, the prizes are handed out on or around the next release, which is typically within 4-6 weeks after the event ends with the previous release.

In this instance, the blueprints are due to be given out next week, once they've been specially authored for the winners, actually earlier than the usual time frame that we would issue prizes in.

These are the first blueprints, and will be created manually outside any of our automated loot drop or LP rewards systems, so they have to be created manually by a game designer before being put into the redeeming system, or dropped into winner's hangars, also manually.

Our game designers are generally incredibly busy, so this type of work gets added to their tasks for their current sprint. Sprints last two weeks. It's coming up on two weeks since the last release.

The blueprints will be out there in the hands of the winners next week, no worries. Smile

Sounds like ME 10 TE 20 BPCs.

Anyways, CCP Falcon, it's still questionable design that these faction capitals cost abonormous amounts of ressources instead of getting the Revenant treat of having rare BPCs. I welcome new items for LP stores, but let's be rational, you'd do better adding pirate faction item BPCs to LP stores and make the capital BPCs drops from those factions' capital rats.

That ME/TE bonus is exactly what I thought reading that too. Either that or it will be collectors item style which will of course disappear once used.

I actually agree with CCP on the build cost issue in light of the future industry arrays, barge reworks, the orca/rorqual reworks and the off grid booster changes. I shall wait for all the information on these changes BEFORE I scream bloody murder myself.

Interesting speculation, I think the 30% reduction on the Vehement was well needed though.
darkezero
Special Unit 17
#130 - 2016-08-19 22:13:04 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Sure. Cause your experience of redeemables is they get delivered a month after being promised? Wait. no. That's never been the case. Just being the anti-pop much?

CCP Mimic on the o7 show "The following pilots have been rewarded with a single run supercarrier blueprint copy of the Vendetta"

Perhaps CCP and yourself need some help with tenses, "have been rewarded", this means I have the bpc already, the show being the cap on the latest I could "have been rewarded". According to CCP (just to hammer home my understanding of tenses) I have my bpc, I do not. This is a lie. A broadcasted lie.

Another lie:

"Five single-run Vendetta BPCs and five single-run Vanquisher BPCs will be available through the Shadow of the Serpent event. The top 5 highest scoring characters during the event will receive Vanquisher BPCs and characters placing 6-10 will receive Vendetta BPCs. After a short period of event exclusivity, BPCs for both of these ships will become available in the Serpentis LP store."

I don't have a bpc nor did i have a period of exclusivity, so tbh darkezero, I don't know where you got your ideas from, but you just seem to have made that up in your own head, so it can't have been hard to alter your expectations when they weren't based on conditions conferred by CCP from the outset. Or maybe i was on the money with the anti-pop statement. Regardless CCP is either lazy and\or lieing. I can't abide liars. I will out them.

I just gotta ask, what's anti-pop?
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#131 - 2016-08-19 22:30:19 UTC
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#132 - 2016-08-19 22:32:20 UTC
To everyone in this thread, thanks for being you. P.S. do any of you fly Gilas?
darkezero
Special Unit 17
#133 - 2016-08-19 22:43:18 UTC  |  Edited by: darkezero
Discordia Duenna wrote:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/primus/theantipop.html

I think I understand, thanks. Not intentionally anti-pop, but effectively, because my estimate was contrary to what everyone else expected. I am rather glad my estimate will be wrong in this case, thank's to Falcon.
Hendrick Tallardar
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.
#134 - 2016-08-20 00:35:25 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
TL;DR

CCP screwed the event winners over and still haven't delivered their bpc. Simultaneously they have released the bpc on SISI to the serp lp store. We have no period of exclusvity for our non-existant rewards after 450 + hrs put in.

Compared to other events, this one payed out less the more hrs you put in, would have had better odds and prizes doing Theomachy.

It's been less than a week, chill the **** out. Jesus.

Also oh no, they put the BPC onto the testing server. The humanity.
Major Trant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2016-08-20 00:36:27 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Thank you for your kind response CCP Falcon, very much appreciated. I apologize for acting like a spoiled entitled brat, but I haven't had much sleep lately and I feel a bit stupid now.

Hendrick Tallardar
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.
#136 - 2016-08-20 00:38:20 UTC
Like I get you're butthurt that your ability to overinflate the value of the BPC is screwed but jesus christ, you having a three page meltdown over it is stupid.
Serene Repose
#137 - 2016-08-20 01:13:53 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Thank you for your concise response CCP Falcon, very much appreciated. I would hope that you could include these details in the small print before future events go live perhaps?

Thank you again for addressing this issue and I hope you can avoid it in the future, the up in the air feeling is a little disconcerting.

Cheers

DD
Heh heh heh. That's why all your reward SP disappears.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#138 - 2016-08-20 01:23:35 UTC
Dirty Forum Alt wrote:
If they are custom BPCs rather than related in any way to the LP store they may have zero or extremely low build costs - in which case the insanely high build costs of the LP store versions would add quite a bit of value.

Additionally, they'd have rarity value to collectors who might not even use them up.

Worth considering.

I'm sticking with this prediction tbh.

And I did call the CCP response 4 pages before they gave it P

Time will tell - I hope the OP lets us know Big smile

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#139 - 2016-08-20 05:07:00 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
If that is the way you want to see it, that's up to you. I don't need to brag about anything, I made a list of stuff that people said I couldn't do that I did. Only to elaborate on a point made that said I should basically stop wasting my time with CCP, how I wish to "waste" my time is up to me. If you wish to conclude from this that I am arrogant, then that is up to you. It makes no difference to me, that is not what this thread is about. Chill out, either contribute to the discussion or go on your merry way hurling insults at other people for your epeen.

"I don't need to brag about anything"

"I just made a list bragging about what I did"

....what?

Just because I don't say what you want me to say doesn't mean I'm not contributing to the discussion. I couldn't care less about "epeen". I play to have fun. If I want to do something memorable, I do it IRL, not in a game.

Solecist Project wrote:
And that's the thing ... she didn't.
Only in your head, ignoring the context of why she mentioned it.

If you don't believe that, then please give an example of how it wouldn't come across as you perceive it.

Thanks! :D

Talking about any achievement is bragging. period. The best players in the game stay quiet and let their achievements speak for themselves. If a person is really good at *anything*, why the need to shout it from the rooftops?
Solecist Project
#140 - 2016-08-20 07:00:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Sonya Corvinus wrote:

Talking about any achievement is bragging. period. The best players in the game stay quiet and let their achievements speak for themselves. If a person is really good at *anything*, why the need to shout it from the rooftops?

And this proves tnat the issue is solely with you.

.) Accoreing to you, anyone talking about himself not in a way that makes him an equal loser is bragging.
So, effectively, censorship so people don't get triggered. Like you did. And do.
Because you get to define what's proper behaviour.

.) You claim to know how people behave who you have nothing in common with. Who aren't even in your social circles, because if they were they'd distance themselves from you, because for them it would be impossible to ever talk about them if you had your will.
Which you luckily don't.

.) She did not shout from the rooftops. Again, you ignore the context and actually make this "argument" right out of your delusion. You take a detail out of a post, rip it out of it's context, ignore the intended meaning and then whine about it like a little bit.

How about instead of getting angry like a child you just stop being an easily triggered loser.
All you achieved was showing how insecure you are.

Luckiky we have already established that you *need* the last word to feel better about yourself ...
... so you may have it!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia