These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Shadow of Serpentis event, miscommunication and autism apparently.

First post
Author
Solecist Project
#101 - 2016-08-19 14:31:39 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Your lack of self esteem is quite apparent. I am entitled to a bpc and the knowledge of how long the period of exclusivity will be. I don't THINK I should have it, I know I should, it what was written on the tin before I opened it. You also seem to be a little envious, deal with it.


You're not entitled to anything. Thanks for proving my point, though.

I didn't run a single site for this event. I'm not envious. I never participate in things like this, they aren't my thing.

Solecist Project wrote:
Funny how you see that.
What I see is an achiever who has no issues telling it ...
... even to the masses of unachievers who will only say things like you do.


You literally just described an arrogant person...

So I described you, who sits on the other side of the medal with no achievements to talk about?
Okay, well, good you realized. Envy is really bad, you should spend time reflecting on that.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#102 - 2016-08-19 14:43:23 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
So I described you, who sits on the other side of the medal with no achievements to talk about?
Okay, well, good you realized. Envy is really bad, you should spend time reflecting on that.


I have achievements in the game, I just don't need to stroke my epeen by talking about it on the forums.

But hey, if you need to brag on the forums to get your rocks off, go right ahead, as sad as that is...
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#103 - 2016-08-19 14:52:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
None of this is about achievements.

It's about a player who put too much time into a thing that most of us who PVE in this game knew from the start wasn't worth it, who then feels cheated because he hasn't gotten his reward (in a game where it has always taken a long time for the developers to hand out rewards) and because that reward might become available in other ways (ie he's just like the not-smart people who horded gekcos "because CCP said they wouldn't make anymore!!!").

When informed that his problems are entirely self-inflicted because of his entirely unreasonable worldview and some really bad expectations, the OP responds with nonsense about social change and whatnot. This is why people like the OP will suffer these self inflicted wounds forever, they spend loads of time complaining about what others (CCP in this case) do instead of taking the tiny fraction of time to concluded that they missed something and should probably not repeat that mistake again.

I stopped replying to the OP as soon as he started spouting that "changing people's lives" BS, you can't talk sense to a crusader, because the crusade is how they judge themselves (so asking them to see a different perspective is asking them to question themselves, a non-starter if ever there was one).
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#104 - 2016-08-19 14:53:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
So I described you, who sits on the other side of the medal with no achievements to talk about?
Okay, well, good you realized. Envy is really bad, you should spend time reflecting on that.


I have achievements in the game, I just don't need to stroke my epeen by talking about it on the forums.

But hey, if you need to brag on the forums to get your rocks off, go right ahead, as sad as that is...


If that is the way you want to see it, that's up to you. I don't need to brag about anything, I made a list of stuff that people said I couldn't do that I did. Only to elaborate on a point made that said I should basically stop wasting my time with CCP, how I wish to "waste" my time is up to me. If you wish to conclude from this that I am arrogant, then that is up to you. It makes no difference to me, that is not what this thread is about. Chill out, either contribute to the discussion or go on your merry way hurling insults at other people for your epeen.
Major Trant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#105 - 2016-08-19 14:57:20 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
None of this is about achievements.

It's about a player who put too much time into a thing that most of us who PVE in this game knew from the start wasn't worth it, who then feels cheated because he hasn't gotten his reward (in a game where it has always taken a long time for the developers to hand out rewards) and because that reward might become available in other ways (ie he's just like the not-smart people who horded gekcos "because CCP said they wouldn't make anymore!!!").

When informed that his problems are entirely self-inflicted because of his entirely unreasonable worldview and some really bad expectations, the OP responds with nonsense about social change and whatnot. This is why people like the OP will suffer these self inflicted wounds forever, they spend loads of time complaining about what others (CCP in this case) do instead of taking the tiny fraction of time to concluded that they missed something and should probably not repeat that mistake again.

I stopped replying to the OP as soon as he started spouting that "changing people's lives" BS, you can't talk sense to a crusader, because the crusade is how they judge themselves (so asking them to see a different perspective is asking them to question themselves, a non-starter if ever there was one).

THEY MADE MORE GECKOS?
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#106 - 2016-08-19 14:59:54 UTC
Major Trant wrote:
[quote=Jenn aSide]
THEY MADE MORE GECKOS?


More than they said they would lol.
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#107 - 2016-08-19 15:03:24 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
None of this is about achievements.

It's about a player who put too much time into a thing that most of us who PVE in this game knew from the start wasn't worth it, who then feels cheated because he hasn't gotten his reward (in a game where it has always taken a long time for the developers to hand out rewards) and because that reward might become available in other ways (ie he's just like the not-smart people who horded gekcos "because CCP said they wouldn't make anymore!!!").

When informed that his problems are entirely self-inflicted because of his entirely unreasonable worldview and some really bad expectations, the OP responds with nonsense about social change and whatnot. This is why people like the OP will suffer these self inflicted wounds forever, they spend loads of time complaining about what others (CCP in this case) do instead of taking the tiny fraction of time to concluded that they missed something and should probably not repeat that mistake again.

I stopped replying to the OP as soon as he started spouting that "changing people's lives" BS, you can't talk sense to a crusader, because the crusade is how they judge themselves (so asking them to see a different perspective is asking them to question themselves, a non-starter if ever there was one).


Quite the post. Not a crusade, just trying to redress the communicational errors that CCP has made, it isn't just me that's annoyed by this. You tie some really unconnected points together to make your statement here. You want me to just walk away jaded like you are, I get it. I'm not you.

I am not actually privy to information on how long rewards take to be distributed, maybe you are, in which case surely you know how long this has taken in the past, now that would be helpful. If you don't know and have just said this to make your point, then shame on you.

Self-inflicted wounds...hmmm...I'm sure we all have some of those. I won't be running an event like this in eve again, to the best of my knowledge, but I did enjoy it. I have learned from all my mistakes in life. If you knew the event wasn't worth it, then why are you letting CCP continue to make "not worth it events". The last time I checked, CCP actually does listen to it's playerbase, sure it can take ages and ages, but they get there in the end and certainly not because of people giving up on issues they have with mechanics or features. I just can't share this defeatist attitude.
Solecist Project
#108 - 2016-08-19 15:18:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
So I described you, who sits on the other side of the medal with no achievements to talk about?
Okay, well, good you realized. Envy is really bad, you should spend time reflecting on that.


I have achievements in the game, I just don't need to stroke my epeen by talking about it on the forums.

But hey, if you need to brag on the forums to get your rocks off, go right ahead, as sad as that is...

And that's the thing ... she didn't.
Only in your head, ignoring the context of why she mentioned it.

If you don't believe that, then please give an example of how it wouldn't come across as you perceive it.

Thanks! :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

CCP Falcon
#109 - 2016-08-19 15:30:21 UTC
I'm not sure why you feel cheated, or like there's not exclusivity to the prizes because they've been released on to Singularity.

Singularity is a test environment that has absolutely no bearing on the live gameplay environment in terms of people "getting things first".

Every single item that goes into the live game environment you play in first goes to staging on CHAOS, then to Singularity, before being deployed to Tranquility. These blueprints are no different. You haven't "lost exclusivity" on your prizes. You'll still have them in advance of everyone else, and trust me, with the blueprints that are coming, they'll be VERY valuable.

Generally when we finish an event, the prizes are handed out on or around the next release, which is typically within 4-6 weeks after the event ends with the previous release.

In this instance, the blueprints are due to be given out next week, once they've been specially authored for the winners, actually earlier than the usual time frame that we would issue prizes in.

These are the first blueprints, and will be created manually outside any of our automated loot drop or LP rewards systems, so they have to be created manually by a game designer before being put into the redeeming system, or dropped into winner's hangars, also manually.

Our game designers are generally incredibly busy, so this type of work gets added to their tasks for their current sprint. Sprints last two weeks. It's coming up on two weeks since the last release.

The blueprints will be out there in the hands of the winners next week, no worries. Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#110 - 2016-08-19 15:31:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Discordia Duenna wrote:


Self-inflicted wounds...hmmm...I'm sure we all have some of those. I won't be running an event like this in eve again, to the best of my knowledge, but I did enjoy it. I have learned from all my mistakes in life. If you knew the event wasn't worth it, then why are you letting CCP continue to make "not worth it events". The last time I checked, CCP actually does listen to it's playerbase, sure it can take ages and ages, but they get there in the end and certainly not because of people giving up on issues they have with mechanics or features. I just can't share this defeatist attitude.


I didn't "let" CCP do anything, I'm just a customer, like you are. Folks like you seem to think players have more control than they do, which is why they end up dissapointed with things like the CSM whereas folks like me (that know what the term "advisory board" really means) didn't. You can't be dissapointed when you know something has no real power.

That said, after Frostline I did post and tell them that they were making a mistake moving away from the Crimson Harvest template for events. CH was a smashing success, Frostline less so and Shadow the worst of all. I post them a couple times, then i shut up because , at the end of the day, i know that CCP doesn't owe me anything beyond the 30 days of game time i pay for every month..

No one "gave up", some of us are simply a lot better at understanding that not every situation needs to manipulated by some self appointed 'change agent' type (who isn't asking for change for everyone else, but it mad they didn't get some super lucrative imaginary spaceship bpc yet).

To the unrealistic person, adhering to the realities of the situation and learning from the past (CCP is not great at events, I applied that knowledge to Shadow and knew it would be a waste of time) somehow equates to "defeatism". You have much in common with the folks who are still talking about WiS years after the fact of it's demise.
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#111 - 2016-08-19 15:40:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
CCP Falcon wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel cheated, or like there's not exclusivity to the prizes because they've been released on to Singularity.

Singularity is a test environment that has absolutely no bearing on the live gameplay environment in terms of people "getting things first".

Every single item that goes into the live game environment you play in first goes to staging on CHAOS, then to Singularity, before being deployed to Tranquility. These blueprints are no different. You haven't "lost exclusivity" on your prizes. You'll still have them in advance of everyone else, and trust me, with the blueprints that are coming, they'll be VERY valuable.

Generally when we finish an event, the prizes are handed out on or around the next release, which is typically within 4-6 weeks after the event ends with the previous release.

In this instance, the blueprints are due to be given out next week, once they've been specially authored for the winners, actually earlier than the usual time frame that we would issue prizes in.

These are the first blueprints, and will be created manually outside any of our automated loot drop or LP rewards systems, so they have to be created manually by a game designer before being put into the redeeming system, or dropped into winner's hangars, also manually.

Our game designers are generally incredibly busy, so this type of work gets added to their tasks for their current sprint. Sprints last two weeks. It's coming up on two weeks since the last release.

The blueprints will be out there in the hands of the winners next week, no worries. Smile



Thank you for your concise response CCP Falcon, very much appreciated. I would hope that you could include these details in the small print before future events go live perhaps?

Thank you again for addressing this issue and I hope you can avoid it in the future, the up in the air feeling is a little disconcerting.

Cheers

DD
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#112 - 2016-08-19 15:44:59 UTC
I hoped you enjoyed the story of the event anyways :)
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#113 - 2016-08-19 15:54:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Jenn aSide wrote:




That said, after Frostline I did post and tell them that they were making a mistake moving away from the Crimson Harvest template for events. CH was a smashing success, Frostline less so and Shadow the worst of all. I post them a couple times, then i shut up because , at the end of the day, i know that CCP doesn't owe me anything beyond the 30 days of game time i pay for every month..



I missed those events, got a linky to what they were like? Also Bring back WiS??? :P
Drago Shouna
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#114 - 2016-08-19 16:27:06 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel cheated, or like there's not exclusivity to the prizes because they've been released on to Singularity.

Singularity is a test environment that has absolutely no bearing on the live gameplay environment in terms of people "getting things first".

Every single item that goes into the live game environment you play in first goes to staging on CHAOS, then to Singularity, before being deployed to Tranquility. These blueprints are no different. You haven't "lost exclusivity" on your prizes. You'll still have them in advance of everyone else, and trust me, with the blueprints that are coming, they'll be VERY valuable.

Generally when we finish an event, the prizes are handed out on or around the next release, which is typically within 4-6 weeks after the event ends with the previous release.

In this instance, the blueprints are due to be given out next week, once they've been specially authored for the winners, actually earlier than the usual time frame that we would issue prizes in.

These are the first blueprints, and will be created manually outside any of our automated loot drop or LP rewards systems, so they have to be created manually by a game designer before being put into the redeeming system, or dropped into winner's hangars, also manually.

Our game designers are generally incredibly busy, so this type of work gets added to their tasks for their current sprint. Sprints last two weeks. It's coming up on two weeks since the last release.

The blueprints will be out there in the hands of the winners next week, no worries. Smile




Ok it's nothing to do with me, but....

You had all the time in the build up, you had the 40 days of the event, and you've had the weeks since.

It seems to me as if you have had plenty of time to ready the prizes.

Everything you just put is just a **** poor excuse. You know the events are coming well in advance of the players, you should've been ready to hand them out. (I bet the AT prizes will be ready)

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#115 - 2016-08-19 16:29:29 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel cheated, or like there's not exclusivity to the prizes because they've been released on to Singularity.

Singularity is a test environment that has absolutely no bearing on the live gameplay environment in terms of people "getting things first".

Every single item that goes into the live game environment you play in first goes to staging on CHAOS, then to Singularity, before being deployed to Tranquility. These blueprints are no different. You haven't "lost exclusivity" on your prizes. You'll still have them in advance of everyone else, and trust me, with the blueprints that are coming, they'll be VERY valuable.

Generally when we finish an event, the prizes are handed out on or around the next release, which is typically within 4-6 weeks after the event ends with the previous release.

In this instance, the blueprints are due to be given out next week, once they've been specially authored for the winners, actually earlier than the usual time frame that we would issue prizes in.

These are the first blueprints, and will be created manually outside any of our automated loot drop or LP rewards systems, so they have to be created manually by a game designer before being put into the redeeming system, or dropped into winner's hangars, also manually.

Our game designers are generally incredibly busy, so this type of work gets added to their tasks for their current sprint. Sprints last two weeks. It's coming up on two weeks since the last release.

The blueprints will be out there in the hands of the winners next week, no worries. Smile


This is an incredibly kind response for a childish outburst. Seriously if I were you I would ban-hammer just for being annoying and crying about how the person has been ripped off when he/she hasn't. Mad props for having the resolve to not go off on people.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#116 - 2016-08-19 16:39:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Drago Shouna wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel cheated, or like there's not exclusivity to the prizes because they've been released on to Singularity.

Singularity is a test environment that has absolutely no bearing on the live gameplay environment in terms of people "getting things first".

Every single item that goes into the live game environment you play in first goes to staging on CHAOS, then to Singularity, before being deployed to Tranquility. These blueprints are no different. You haven't "lost exclusivity" on your prizes. You'll still have them in advance of everyone else, and trust me, with the blueprints that are coming, they'll be VERY valuable.

Generally when we finish an event, the prizes are handed out on or around the next release, which is typically within 4-6 weeks after the event ends with the previous release.

In this instance, the blueprints are due to be given out next week, once they've been specially authored for the winners, actually earlier than the usual time frame that we would issue prizes in.

These are the first blueprints, and will be created manually outside any of our automated loot drop or LP rewards systems, so they have to be created manually by a game designer before being put into the redeeming system, or dropped into winner's hangars, also manually.

Our game designers are generally incredibly busy, so this type of work gets added to their tasks for their current sprint. Sprints last two weeks. It's coming up on two weeks since the last release.

The blueprints will be out there in the hands of the winners next week, no worries. Smile


Ok it's nothing to do with me, but....

You had all the time in the build up, you had the 40 days of the event, and you've had the weeks since.

It seems to me as if you have had plenty of time to ready the prizes.

Everything you just put is just a **** poor excuse. You know the events are coming well in advance of the players, you should've been ready to hand them out. (I bet the AT prizes will be ready)


Possibly they were not sure anybody would participate.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#117 - 2016-08-19 17:01:56 UTC
Scotsman Howard wrote:

This is an incredibly kind response for a childish outburst. Seriously if I were you I would ban-hammer just for being annoying and crying about how the person has been ripped off when he/she hasn't. Mad props for having the resolve to not go off on people.


It is a kind response, maybe he is being sensitive to the very real amount of time invested by participants. As for comments about this being a childish outburst. I challenge you to invest this much time in something and be greeted by silence at the end of your time.

I don't think my post was childish at all, if that were the case, then surely I should have led with a childish response rather than a report of my most excellent experience running the event. You waited for a CCP response before even posting. Man up.
Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#118 - 2016-08-19 17:05:48 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Drago Shouna wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel cheated, or like there's not exclusivity to the prizes because they've been released on to Singularity.

Singularity is a test environment that has absolutely no bearing on the live gameplay environment in terms of people "getting things first".

Every single item that goes into the live game environment you play in first goes to staging on CHAOS, then to Singularity, before being deployed to Tranquility. These blueprints are no different. You haven't "lost exclusivity" on your prizes. You'll still have them in advance of everyone else, and trust me, with the blueprints that are coming, they'll be VERY valuable.

Generally when we finish an event, the prizes are handed out on or around the next release, which is typically within 4-6 weeks after the event ends with the previous release.

In this instance, the blueprints are due to be given out next week, once they've been specially authored for the winners, actually earlier than the usual time frame that we would issue prizes in.

These are the first blueprints, and will be created manually outside any of our automated loot drop or LP rewards systems, so they have to be created manually by a game designer before being put into the redeeming system, or dropped into winner's hangars, also manually.

Our game designers are generally incredibly busy, so this type of work gets added to their tasks for their current sprint. Sprints last two weeks. It's coming up on two weeks since the last release.

The blueprints will be out there in the hands of the winners next week, no worries. Smile


Ok it's nothing to do with me, but....

You had all the time in the build up, you had the 40 days of the event, and you've had the weeks since.

It seems to me as if you have had plenty of time to ready the prizes.

Everything you just put is just a **** poor excuse. You know the events are coming well in advance of the players, you should've been ready to hand them out. (I bet the AT prizes will be ready)


Possibly they were not sure anybody would participate.

With this many mission bears, how could they expect anything else?

As for the LP store, their presence on sisi gives people an idea of what they'll be worth, unless the prize rewards look different and/or perform even 1% better than the ones from the LP store. The Sisi LP store prices aren't final, but they are a pretty good hint about that they're going to cost once they hit production. Making the BPC available on the Sisi LP store gave the industrial types on TQ an approximate value, so the damage is pretty much done.

A signature :o

Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#119 - 2016-08-19 17:43:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Syrias Bizniz
CCP Falcon wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel cheated, or like there's not exclusivity to the prizes because they've been released on to Singularity.

Singularity is a test environment that has absolutely no bearing on the live gameplay environment in terms of people "getting things first".

Every single item that goes into the live game environment you play in first goes to staging on CHAOS, then to Singularity, before being deployed to Tranquility. These blueprints are no different. You haven't "lost exclusivity" on your prizes. You'll still have them in advance of everyone else, and trust me, with the blueprints that are coming, they'll be VERY valuable.

Generally when we finish an event, the prizes are handed out on or around the next release, which is typically within 4-6 weeks after the event ends with the previous release.

In this instance, the blueprints are due to be given out next week, once they've been specially authored for the winners, actually earlier than the usual time frame that we would issue prizes in.

These are the first blueprints, and will be created manually outside any of our automated loot drop or LP rewards systems, so they have to be created manually by a game designer before being put into the redeeming system, or dropped into winner's hangars, also manually.

Our game designers are generally incredibly busy, so this type of work gets added to their tasks for their current sprint. Sprints last two weeks. It's coming up on two weeks since the last release.

The blueprints will be out there in the hands of the winners next week, no worries. Smile


Sounds like ME 10 TE 20 BPCs.

Anyways, CCP Falcon, it's still questionable design that these faction capitals cost abonormous amounts of ressources instead of getting the Revenant treat of having rare BPCs. I welcome new items for LP stores, but let's be rational, you'd do better adding pirate faction item BPCs to LP stores and make the capital BPCs drops from those factions' capital rats.
Zanar Skwigelf
Wormhoppers Inc.
#120 - 2016-08-19 19:19:39 UTC
Quote:
I challenge you to invest this much time in something and be greeted by silence at the end of your time.




Pretty sure the CEO of every large corp / alliance just died a little on the inside.

Also OP, like we've been telling you for 6 pages now, patience. Wonderful thing, isn't it?