These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Shadow of Serpentis event, miscommunication and autism apparently.

First post
Author
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#61 - 2016-08-18 21:12:22 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
@ Soel Reit: ... eh, go over to Sisi, move yourself to fountain, dock in one of the serpentis stations, and open the LP store.

@ OP: If i were you, I'd now rally all the CSM i could, and get CCP to change the faction capitals material requirements to 1-1.5x that of it's empire variants. THEN you lobby until CCP makes the BPCs unobtainable through LP store, and makes them (random) drops from those pirate corps Faction Capital ships (not the regular ones, the faction. Like, Dread Guristas Titan, but not from Guristas Titan).

dude we're talking of tq.
anyway CCP ****** it up as always.

it's not players fault.

These things will hit TQ really, really soon. And the information of their price is available now. So unless CCP pulls some real stunt out of their pocket like they did on the Fiend (AT HIC) which looked horribly **** when they anounced it but later on they reworked HICs and now the Fiend is the ultimate killing machine, OP will never get his cookies.
The information from CCP over the buildcost of the Serpentis Capitals has been public for a very long time now, and if OP thinks that a BPC to run these things will be very very valuable, then it is indeed a player's fault to pull through this grind.
If someone tells you he will give you 500-1,000$ when you work yourself through something between 5,000 and 20,000 hours of work, would you say "Yeap, doing it!" or would you say "Yeah well no thanks i'm not interested in putting in that much effort for (probably) so little reward."?
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#62 - 2016-08-18 21:18:21 UTC
Nicemeries wrote:
DD my friend, our corp turned your grind into some of the best social content I have experienced in the past 6 years of flying spaceships. To see the goal/reward of that grind turned into **** by CCP saddens me more than any of the crap they have pulled on their player base since I started playing in 2010. The blatant disregard of their event and the disrespect of the 10-20 players that put in ungodly hours, is painfull to observe. It's not even about how much isk your BPC will make, but it's about the failure of CCP to realize that some of their players ACTUALLY put time and effort into the event they advertised with. It baffles me to see CCP completely **** away the few good things that could possibly come off this event. They treat it like it was a complete joke. To see some folks in this thread shrug it off with "what did u expect, it's CCP" is perhaps the saddest part of it all.
No matter how CCP will handle your BPC and the roll out from SiSi, I will fondly remember my nighthawk watching you do flyby's while i went off on diaper duty.

Thanks Boss o7 The pleasure was all mine. Those diapers won't change themselves and a nighthawk is a commandly place from which to see to such activity!

And you too confirm the positives of this event, thank you and I am glad you had fun. At the end of the day, it isn't what you are doing in eve that counts, it's who you do it with.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#63 - 2016-08-18 21:19:42 UTC
That many hours on a game in that many days?

We're missing the real problem here. Time to turn off the computer for a bit and go outside. Don't y'all have jobs and stuff?
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#64 - 2016-08-18 21:19:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Syrias Bizniz
OP: Start shooting a Jita Monument and rally as many people as you can to do the same. I'll be honest, whoever designed those capitals and designed their projected pricing is not beneficial to CCP to have in their Dev Team.

Edit: I'll come a long and shoot with ya
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#65 - 2016-08-18 21:22:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
That many hours on a game in that many days?

We're missing the real problem here. Time to turn off the computer for a bit and go outside. Don't y'all have jobs and stuff?

I have a variety of stuffs up with me, rest assured I did lots of gardening during the event and had a bumper crop of tomatoes I also took on a double allotment with my partner, managed to do the dishes...most days and do some market research for the business I am setting up, oh and entertain guests.
Breaking Fast
Breakfast Klub
#66 - 2016-08-18 21:46:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Breaking Fast
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
You don't understand what i was trying to tell you.
These titans and supers will be flown, that's for sure, (almost) no matter their pricetag. But the revelation of the building materials required showed us: Their pricetag will come through the materials you need to build them and not, like on the Revenant, through scarcity of the Blueprints.
However, the price for the Event was ... Blueprint copies. You didn't get the Materials through the grind, you got the copy which will make up for probably 3-5% of the actual ship's value.

Edit: Also, we got never enough Titans, but thanks for asking!

I agree with you on Build costs, not sure what the staff member at CCP headquarters was smoking when they came up with these numbers. Whilst they were at it they came up with the smart idea that these powerful vehicles of destruction could be obtained by running missions for the Serpentis Corporation, does this mean that the Revenant too will be coming to a Sansha LP store near you anytime soon (thats if it already hasn't done so - don't follow this stuff so apologies if i am wrong)? And if the numbers on SiSi are correct for live server, the cost of 8m LP is going to be another form of grinding for those that see fit to obtain these BPC's through the LP store. What price are those mission runners going to place on their time to achieve such rewards.

The Revevenant is obtainable by running incursions, even then my understanding is that it is not even a guaranteed drop.

Maybe CCP need to rethink the making of one set of cap ship BPC's available through missions whilst the other is only available through a random drop from a PvE event.

Whilst I too am affected by the outcome of this event, as previously statd, my gripe is mainly the lack of communication from CCP themselves:

a) In terms of awarding of the prizes - they knew when the event was ending, why not hand out prizes immediately. Its akin to the Olympics at the moment, one of the athletes wins gold in the final, they get the medal with 10-15 minutes of their event ending, not some too weeks later when everyone has forgotten about it.

b) defining exactly how short a period of exclusivity of time between awarding the prize winners their copies and then making them available on the LP store is.

** please note its late at the time of typing and spelling mistakes may have occurred :)
Serene Repose
#67 - 2016-08-18 22:33:16 UTC
Uh...it's not arriving to your destination, it's the journey...Grasshopper?

What struck me most about your post was the fact you're describing a full-blown immersity intensive activity in EVE. You accumulated enviable accomplishments as you progressed. You activated interrelationships, intensified understanding, practiced coordination and cooperation at a very high pitch and pretty much involved the left/right hemispheres to a degree you and your compadres have probably added ten years to your brains' lives. I'm truly jealous.

As I read I was mourning all along as you're doing this based on some promise management has made to you that sounds like a Jaeger-laced convention covenant, which we all know is destined to become a lengthy explanation and rationalized justification only the Narcissistic among us could possibly engage in, then walk off satisfied, headed for another round.

I feel I detect a sense of pride there, too, in knowing you and yours had what it took to meet the challenge...
excelling at it as well.

So, well done. Congratulations. I'm impressed. We can put a timer on how long it'll take the sloth to rouse from its coma.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

darkezero
Special Unit 17
#68 - 2016-08-19 00:34:55 UTC
I didn't and still don't expect to see the BPC in my hands until September, and given the bpc is in the lp store on sisi, I have altered my expectation for it to appear in the LP store on TQ to September as well, with a slight possibility of it showing in October instead of September.
Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2016-08-19 01:53:17 UTC
At least you were able to participate in the event. I spent a few hours each day for a week, couldn't find a single site, gave up. It sounded like fun, it sounded like a lot of people were doing it, but I just could not locate a single site. At some point, whatever fun it was, was not going to be worth spending weeks looking for a single site, so I went back to my normal routine.
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#70 - 2016-08-19 03:45:47 UTC
OP:

i want to o7 you for an excellent read you realize how much you just captured eve online. its honestly the best write up ive read thus far and oh how i feel your pain,

The main reason you haven't received your prizes yet is because ccp rise is making up a pretty chart that will oddly show how successful the event was. Where in reality everyone hated this event and refused to participate in it just cause it was a ridiculous stupid grind all with an end game trinket unicorn reward.

i think they honestly trolled the entire community with this type of event... did it cause new players to join the game? How many players logged in to play this event? was their any increase? see the same questions still be asked just like recurring opportunities free SP "event".

seems they just do not care about PVE events.. they come up with this kind of chit, set it up to fail, because their minds is only on pvp and causing players to lose their wealth in-game. that way you're forced to continue supporting the economy and their salaries..

this was a trick that lots of rabbits fell for.. so wait for the excuse charts and pies he comes up with to explain how well the event did.. im sure they'll claim it was a success cause if they do admit it was a failure than that is Strike #2 back to back on failing to obtain whatever is their goal.

Congrats to you on making the top 10 though you truly have dedication and love for this game and the amount of heart and effort you put into it.. makes you one of the best asset's for this community..

o7
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#71 - 2016-08-19 05:41:13 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Uh...it's not arriving to your destination, it's the journey...Grasshopper?

What struck me most about your post was the fact you're describing a full-blown immersity intensive activity in EVE. You accumulated enviable accomplishments as you progressed. You activated interrelationships, intensified understanding, practiced coordination and cooperation at a very high pitch and pretty much involved the left/right hemispheres to a degree you and your compadres have probably added ten years to your brains' lives. I'm truly jealous.

As I read I was mourning all along as you're doing this based on some promise management has made to you that sounds like a Jaeger-laced convention covenant, which we all know is destined to become a lengthy explanation and rationalised justification only the Narcissistic among us could possibly engage in, then walk off satisfied, headed for another round.

I feel I detect a sense of pride there, too, in knowing you and yours had what it took to meet the challenge...
excelling at it as well.

So, well done. Congratulations. I'm impressed. We can put a timer on how long it'll take the sloth to rouse from its coma.

With regards to your first paragraph, this is one of the reasons I did the event, life has delivered some bad luck, putting these skills into action with a positive outcome was a necessity for me right now, mentally, as much as it was all the other reasons listed in this thread and more. Eve has always been a place to get away and renew myself mentally, this time I went for the bigger challenge and CCP left me feeling like ****.

I didn't moan about slowcats, I never moaned about nanofags, or Falcons or WIS or even micro transactions. In fact I just adapted to whatever the eve community cooked up and the game mechanics allowed, I am not a complainer in eve, I evolve with it. This issue has me annoyed, the ship build costs and the handling of the event. Unfortunately for CCP, my spectrum tendencies aren't letting them off the hook for this one, the sloth better get out of it's coma soon...cause otherwise it's gonna be a sloth burned to a crisp.
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#72 - 2016-08-19 05:45:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
darkezero wrote:
I didn't and still don't expect to see the BPC in my hands until September, and given the bpc is in the lp store on sisi, I have altered my expectation for it to appear in the LP store on TQ to September as well, with a slight possibility of it showing in October instead of September.

Sure. Cause your experience of redeemables is they get delivered a month after being promised? Wait. no. That's never been the case. Just being the anti-pop much?

CCP Mimic on the o7 show "The following pilots have been rewarded with a single run supercarrier blueprint copy of the Vendetta"

Perhaps CCP and yourself need some help with tenses, "have been rewarded", this means I have the bpc already, the show being the cap on the latest I could "have been rewarded". According to CCP (just to hammer home my understanding of tenses) I have my bpc, I do not. This is a lie. A broadcasted lie.

Another lie:

"Five single-run Vendetta BPCs and five single-run Vanquisher BPCs will be available through the Shadow of the Serpent event. The top 5 highest scoring characters during the event will receive Vanquisher BPCs and characters placing 6-10 will receive Vendetta BPCs. After a short period of event exclusivity, BPCs for both of these ships will become available in the Serpentis LP store."

I don't have a bpc nor did i have a period of exclusivity, so tbh darkezero, I don't know where you got your ideas from, but you just seem to have made that up in your own head, so it can't have been hard to alter your expectations when they weren't based on conditions conferred by CCP from the outset. Or maybe i was on the money with the anti-pop statement. Regardless CCP is either lazy and\or lieing. I can't abide liars. I will out them.
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#73 - 2016-08-19 05:48:46 UTC
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
OP: Start shooting a Jita Monument and rally as many people as you can to do the same. I'll be honest, whoever designed those capitals and designed their projected pricing is not beneficial to CCP to have in their Dev Team.

If it comes to it, then so be it, thank you!
Solecist Project
#74 - 2016-08-19 11:18:10 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Syrias Bizniz wrote:

You could just post on reddit and in the proper forum ...
... but i guess this at least is a show. ^_^

If you keep it up you might get featured in Scope News! :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Breaking Fast
Breakfast Klub
#75 - 2016-08-19 12:39:10 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Syrias Bizniz wrote:

You could just post on reddit and in the proper forum ...
... but i guess this at least is a show. ^_^

If you keep it up you might get featured in Scope News! :D

Not sure when Reddit became the official Forum for EvE, but maybe thats another mistake on the part of CCP, posting more on Reddit than these forums here.
Serene Repose
#76 - 2016-08-19 12:45:37 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
...the sloth better get out of it's coma soon...cause otherwise it's gonna be a sloth burned to a crisp.
You rock. Cool

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Major Trant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2016-08-19 12:52:10 UTC
Good write up OP and I kind of feel for you. But there is a possibility that CCP might be considering re-jigging the build costs given the sh*t people are posting about them. Thus handing them out now for people to build them with the old costs is going to stuff someone even worse. I can well understand CCP wanting to keep knowledge of such consideration in-house until they have a definite plan and all they have to do is to sit on these prizes until they stop arguing among themselves.

I'm sure you will get some period of exclusivity as promised, but I think your real problem is an unrealistic expectation of their value based on the Revenant experience.

So CCP have released them on SISI! Sorry but doing that has not broken any promise or contract you seem to think they have with you.

Maybe I'm not bitter enough, but hold on until they have actually shafted you, I'll back you if that happens. o7
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#78 - 2016-08-19 12:58:45 UTC
Anyone who understands that CCP promises you nothing and CCP owes you nothing (beyond 30 days game time in exchange for 15 bucks) is bound to be happier than the OP.

This is the same kind of post as you get when CCP re-balances some ship that someone "invested many hours getting good in!". CCP never said they wouldn't change things or go back on things previous ccp 'administrations' said. Geckos anyone?

If you don't like this reality, stop giving them money. That is your only recourse.
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#79 - 2016-08-19 12:59:19 UTC
sorry to say: I had to smile.
Discordia Duenna
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#80 - 2016-08-19 13:02:07 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Anyone who understands that CCP promises you nothing and CCP owes you nothing (beyond 30 days game time in exchange for 15 bucks) is bound to be happier than the OP.

This is the same kind of post as you get when CCP re-balances some ship that someone "invested many hours getting good in!". CCP never said they wouldn't change things or go back on things previous ccp 'administrations' said. Geckos anyone?

If you don't like this reality, stop giving them money. That is your only recourse.

No it's nothing like that. Nothing at all. Skilling is not an activity, it's a passive accumulation, ships skills and competitions are not even the same ball park. Stopping giving them my money, doesn't help me engage with the problem. I love EvE Online, I'd work harder to change it than just walk away from it.