These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

So this is it for eve, is this the future, is it?

First post
Author
Elizabeth Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2013-08-28 02:56:52 UTC
it's so bad that we're even blobbing this thread
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2013-08-28 02:59:41 UTC
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:
it's so bad that we're even blobbing this thread


Show me your big blue donut babe

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Rekon X
Doomheim
#43 - 2013-08-28 03:02:14 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Rekon X wrote:
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:

why don't you look up the size of test and n3


Why don't you post it. With links.


Clusterfuck Coalition - 31241 Members (comprised of the following alliances)

Goonswarm Federation - 10078 Members

RAZOR Alliance - 3879 Members

Fatal Ascension - 2834 Members

Tactical Narcotics Team - 1913 Members

Fidelas Constans - 3065 Members

SpaceMonkey's Alliance - 1761 Members

Executive Outcomes - 825 Members

Gentlemen's Agreement - 2567 Members

Get Off My Lawn - 1758 Members

Circle-Of-Two - 1545 Members

Li3 Federation - 1016 Members


Known Enemies

Northern Coalition - 2380 Members

Black Legion - 1128 Members



You copy/pasted that list even though there are entities missing from the "Known Enemies" section. I think you knew this and posted it anyway because you're so mad about Goons.


Information comes from the wiki linked at the top. Here it is again, just for you. Clusterfuck Coalition - 31241 Members (comprised of the following alliances)

Oh, btw, numbers are subject to change. Which is why they are all linked to dotlan.net.

Maybe your feeling inadequate.

Definition of goon - a stupid person Those who can do, those who can't spew

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2013-08-28 03:05:12 UTC
Rekon X wrote:

Maybe your feeling inadequate.


More adequate than your English teacher perhaps.

Is there some reason you don't consider TEST and N3 as our enemies? Maybe because that screws up your argument?

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Elizabeth Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2013-08-28 03:08:40 UTC
he's also using postwar numbers, which ignores the fact that we've sucked up former test corps like ENL-I
Ckra Trald
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2013-08-28 03:14:42 UTC
if the nullsec alliances needed those systems they would have been using them

but at the moment, theres little reason to make a web of super-populated sys

http://www.rusemen.com/ Join Tengoo xd

Rekon X
Doomheim
#47 - 2013-08-28 03:20:14 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Rekon X wrote:

Maybe your feeling inadequate.


More adequate than your English teacher perhaps.

Is there some reason you don't consider TEST and N3 as our enemies? Maybe because that screws up your argument?


Perhaps you need a reading comprehension class. Read your wiki.

Definition of goon - a stupid person Those who can do, those who can't spew

Rekon X
Doomheim
#48 - 2013-08-28 03:52:02 UTC
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:
he's also using postwar numbers, which ignores the fact that we've sucked up former test corps like ENL-I


As I said 2 posts above the numbers are subject to change and they are all linked to dotlan.net.

But this confirms my previous post which was:

I have always wondered for years why any EvE player would join or even assist the CFC as by doing so they gain a reputation for incompetence and lack of intelligence. CFC only win by fighting 400 v 50 everyone in EvE knows that. CFC are fighting to gain all null sec moons. CFC leadership don't want to have good fights or fun content for its members or anyone else. They just want to spoon feed the members that its ok to fight 400 v 50 so that their personal isk increases. By helping the CFC you are literally destroying null sec for anyone who lives in it and most especially destroying it for the CFC members who will never know what it is to have a good fight, their future is sitting in 200 man gate camp on a high sec gate waiting several hours for a nube ship to jump in to null by accident. Anyone who doesn't realize that this is the future being fought for really is very stupid.

EvE players are meant to be more intelligent then people who play other games but clearly the very large majority who are either in the CFC or assisting them prove that in fact that although a small minority are in fact very intelligent, the majority have a much lower then average IQ.

Definition of goon - a stupid person Those who can do, those who can't spew

Elizabeth Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2013-08-28 04:02:40 UTC
Rekon X wrote:
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:
he's also using postwar numbers, which ignores the fact that we've sucked up former test corps like ENL-I


As I said 2 posts above the numbers are subject to change and they are all linked to dotlan.net.

But this confirms my previous post which was:

I have always wondered for years why any EvE player would join or even assist the CFC as by doing so they gain a reputation for incompetence and lack of intelligence. CFC only win by fighting 400 v 50 everyone in EvE knows that. CFC are fighting to gain all null sec moons. CFC leadership don't want to have good fights or fun content for its members or anyone else. They just want to spoon feed the members that its ok to fight 400 v 50 so that their personal isk increases. By helping the CFC you are literally destroying null sec for anyone who lives in it and most especially destroying it for the CFC members who will never know what it is to have a good fight, their future is sitting in 200 man gate camp on a high sec gate waiting several hours for a nube ship to jump in to null by accident. Anyone who doesn't realize that this is the future being fought for really is very stupid.

EvE players are meant to be more intelligent then people who play other games but clearly the very large majority who are either in the CFC or assisting them prove that in fact that although a small minority are in fact very intelligent, the majority have a much lower then average IQ.


i'll help you some more: http://raynor.cl/eve/coalition.php

the site was last updated near the end of the war. add the rebel and n3 coalitions together then compare it to the cfc. don't report back
Elizabeth Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2013-08-28 04:03:15 UTC
Rekon X wrote:
EvE players are meant to be more intelligent then people who play other games


hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Revan Xadi
Ninjew Evasion Inc.
#51 - 2013-08-28 04:12:40 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Rekon X wrote:
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:

why don't you look up the size of test and n3


Why don't you post it. With links.


Clusterfuck Coalition - 31241 Members (comprised of the following alliances)

Goonswarm Federation - 10078 Members

RAZOR Alliance - 3879 Members

Fatal Ascension - 2834 Members

Tactical Narcotics Team - 1913 Members

Fidelas Constans - 3065 Members

SpaceMonkey's Alliance - 1761 Members

Executive Outcomes - 825 Members

Gentlemen's Agreement - 2567 Members

Get Off My Lawn - 1758 Members

Circle-Of-Two - 1545 Members

Li3 Federation - 1016 Members


Known Enemies

Northern Coalition - 2380 Members

Black Legion - 1128 Members



You copy/pasted that list even though there are entities missing from the "Known Enemies" section. I think you knew this and posted it anyway because you're so mad about Goons.




So, I literally no longer have a SINGLE bone in this fight. I was, briefly, I member of a TEST ally, but after one too many TIDI fights, said, this is dumb, and left. Now I'm in a pretty decent low-sec pirate corp.

But the guy does KINDA have a point. I mean, he sucks at expressing it, and probably has no real idea what he's talking about... But the CFC, at this point in time, has absolutely no actual enemies that could come close to beating you in an war.

A multi-entity coalition MIGHT be able to do so. But it would require N3 and PL, with at least SOME support from the russian bloc, probably whatever remains of TEST(lol), Tribal(lol), and at least a couple others, in order to come even remotely close to matching your fleet numbers.

It comes down to simple numbers. You can, and have proven you can, put 1000+ battleship fleets into a single system for a single fight. With titans, and your massive logistics wing, you can feasibly field that fleet anywhere in New Eden within 30 minutes or so of it forming(which, admittedly, can take awhile).

Absolutely no entity in Eve, is going to be able to consistently win reinforcement timers against you. I'm not saying you will never lose a fight. That would be dumb. But unless the political landscape of eve changes DRASTICALLY, either by breaking up the CFC into smaller, more manageable chunks, or by bringing damn near every major null and low-sec entity into simultaneous war against you.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#52 - 2013-08-28 04:14:54 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
this is clearly something that can be resolved by nerfing highsec, banning all the goons, removing offgrid boosting, nerfing incursions, shuffling around the moons, making PvP consensual, and giving titans their AoE DD again.

or just about any other idiotic suggestion thats trending on GD this week.

Don't forget 'Removing Local,' whilst you're at it...

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Corpora Dei
Red Slice Enterprise
#53 - 2013-08-28 04:36:52 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Damn you sandbox game, making people take the course that people throughout history have always taken! Next thing you know, people will only take part in fights they can win, there will be risk adverse people that run at any sign of conflict, and other people will whine about things they don't like.


And people will be writing sappy songs like "Where did all the heroes go?"
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2013-08-28 05:00:49 UTC
Rekon X wrote:
I have always wondered for years why any EvE player would join or even assist the CFC.


It's not complicated. People like being on the winning side.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2013-08-28 05:02:43 UTC
Revan Xadi wrote:
But the guy does KINDA have a point. I mean, he sucks at expressing it, and probably has no real idea what he's talking about... But the CFC, at this point in time, has absolutely no actual enemies that could come close to beating you in an war.


People used to say the exact same thing about BoB.

They used to say the exact same thing about the Northern Coalition.

They even used to say the same thing about the DRF.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#56 - 2013-08-28 06:59:03 UTC
I like how the OP manages to get nearly every statement in the OP wrong.
But at least the future is here. CCPs future vision, fully formed. CCP wasn't Goons, apparently CCP is N3.

It'll take some time to get used to having CCP on my speed-dial.

@Rhes: When people said that about BoB and DRF they were, in a sense, right. BoB wasn't brought down militarily, and DRF needed a civil war or two before falling. Northern Coalition proved to be a colossal on clay feet, true, but the two others were pretty much beaten by themselves.
Not that I dig into the "no enemies could come close to beating you in a war", Fountain showed something different.

Still, whatever disagreement I have with you CFC people, I hate it when (mostly) hi-sec "people" tell these outrageous stories and paint you like the boogeyman you aren't, instead of telling an actually true story to show you for the boogeymen you at times are.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2013-08-28 07:05:55 UTC
Alphea Abbra wrote:
@Rhes: When people said that about BoB and DRF they were, in a sense, right. BoB wasn't brought down militarily, and DRF needed a civil war or two before falling. Northern Coalition proved to be a colossal on clay feet, true, but the two others were pretty much beaten by themselves.
Not that I dig into the "no enemies could come close to beating you in a war", Fountain showed something different..


That's my point--you don't necessarily have to match our numbers to beat us. We can fall apart from our own incompetence or by being outmetagamed. Saying that any entity in Eve is unbeatable is ridiculous when you look at the history.

None of this matters to the idiot who keeps insisting that NCdot and BL are our only enemies, however.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#58 - 2013-08-28 07:12:06 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
@Rhes: When people said that about BoB and DRF they were, in a sense, right. BoB wasn't brought down militarily, and DRF needed a civil war or two before falling. Northern Coalition proved to be a colossal on clay feet, true, but the two others were pretty much beaten by themselves.
Not that I dig into the "no enemies could come close to beating you in a war", Fountain showed something different..


That's my point--you don't necessarily have to match our numbers to beat us. We can fall apart from our own incompetence or by being outmetagamed. Saying that any entity in Eve is unbeatable is ridiculous when you look at the history.

None of this matters to the idiot who keeps insisting that NCdot and BL are our only enemies, however.
Ah, well in the context of it it seemed as if you were continuing the "beaten in war" that Revan Xadi had going.
I gotta say though, I love that list. It really gives the impression of a blue doughnut. NC. aren't small, but BL. doesn't hold sov. so with that list it'll seem like it's a sea of blue winner-team-joiners against the Spartans, if the Spartans lived in Thermopylae.
I guess if someone cared to expand a little on it, it might even work as propaganda.

Doesn't make it true, but would make it funnier.
Stahl Rise
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2013-08-28 07:21:42 UTC
No matter how many posts are there trying to shape EVE the way fits better for them, and how many 'convenient' responses they get. They keep on trying...

Rules are the same for all. So if something is not convenient to you, just adapt yourself. There are quite a few ways I can think of.
- Join the alliance that holds that space.
- Plan fake-joining them. Be a spy.
- Make some friends and conquer it.
- Just enter their space and ninja-steal their resources.
- ...

Metagaming like this is something you can only do in EVE. There is nothing to fix.
Prince Sanguine
#60 - 2013-08-28 07:37:15 UTC
Why do these threads always turn into cfc or or goon hating? BTW, most of the people I've flown with from goons or the coalition are friendlier than the majority of high sec who only whine about mining and getting ganked.








Pro tip: everyone hates miners in high sec.

Everytime you read this you are required to send 100 million isk directly to me.