These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

So this is it for eve, is this the future, is it?

First post
Author
Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#61 - 2013-08-28 07:52:17 UTC
JinSanJong wrote:
Why arent nullsec alliances exploiting the mining riches, the anomolies etc to make there isk like everyone else has to, instead of being lazy so and so's?



Whats the point in having a Dog and barking yourself?
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#62 - 2013-08-28 08:11:45 UTC
JinSanJong wrote:
Just one giant doughnut of renter space!? Is this what eve has now become?
There's something seriously wrong here. How can an alliance hold space and yet not live there and then rent it out? Surely the game is about gaining space, and keeping hold of it? The amount of nullsec thats now become rental space is just crazy,

OK OK, some might say, well we are getting more people into nullsec, we are allowing people that couldnt get into nullsec a chance to. OK we will charge them stupidly high prices but meh we dont want that space anyway. and herein lies the problem.

Why arent nullsec alliances exploiting the mining riches, the anomolies etc to make there isk like everyone else has to, instead of being lazy so and so's? Really they should be having mass mining ops, or large anomaly bashing ops instead of being carebears (which ironically they moan about high sec carebears) these are 10x worse. They wont do anything, they cry about their passive moon income being nerf because they simply cannot be bothered to go an actually make isk.

Is this really where eve has gone and going?

I mean yeah live in a region and have a few renters to make that extra income like some alliance do, but look at Northern Associates for instance (N3)

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Northern_Associates.

I mean what 10 regions or more just PURELY to rent. Surely it cant be just me that sees something wrong here.


I could not agree more, nullsec alliances are the worst carebears of them all, I had more action flying L1 mission vs. going to sov space... they breed carebears out there with their renting space, spaces where there should be fights... they suck
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#63 - 2013-08-28 08:25:02 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
JinSanJong wrote:
Just one giant doughnut of renter space!? Is this what eve has now become?
There's something seriously wrong here. How can an alliance hold space and yet not live there and then rent it out? Surely the game is about gaining space, and keeping hold of it? The amount of nullsec thats now become rental space is just crazy,

OK OK, some might say, well we are getting more people into nullsec, we are allowing people that couldnt get into nullsec a chance to. OK we will charge them stupidly high prices but meh we dont want that space anyway. and herein lies the problem.

Why arent nullsec alliances exploiting the mining riches, the anomolies etc to make there isk like everyone else has to, instead of being lazy so and so's? Really they should be having mass mining ops, or large anomaly bashing ops instead of being carebears (which ironically they moan about high sec carebears) these are 10x worse. They wont do anything, they cry about their passive moon income being nerf because they simply cannot be bothered to go an actually make isk.

Is this really where eve has gone and going?

I mean yeah live in a region and have a few renters to make that extra income like some alliance do, but look at Northern Associates for instance (N3)

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Northern_Associates.

I mean what 10 regions or more just PURELY to rent. Surely it cant be just me that sees something wrong here.


I could not agree more, nullsec alliances are the worst carebears of them all, I had more action flying L1 mission vs. going to sov space... they breed carebears out there with their renting space, spaces where there should be fights... they suck

Harry, any idea when you are likely to stop crying about null sec alliances?
10000 people can accomplish more than one on his own. That's just a fact you have to get used to. If they took away everything that any alliance had, they would still team up and crush everyone else. If you limited alliances to 100 people, then you could get coalitions of hundreds of alliances.
You can cry about it all you want, but MMOs are a social game. If you have no friends and refuse to learn how to work as a team then you fall behind. It's that simple.

Besides, they made wormhole space for smaller groups to play about with. Go there.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2013-08-28 08:29:47 UTC
The issue is its just too easy for large alliances to claim a system and then abandon it. If someone actually wants to claim it and use it you can simply bridge to that system your not using, wipe out the smaller guys, then abandon it again. Locking up huge amounts of space with no ongoing effort.

Been exploring null sec lately, jump after jump of sov claimed systems, not a single person in any of them. Can't shoot anything, can't damage anything, most things are invulnerable, the rest are millions of hp's.

Stupid hand holding system. Its not wonder people are exploiting the weaknesses in the system to rent out huge amounts of space that they really couldn't hold if they had to defend and maintain it properly.



CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Anunzi
Solace Corp
#65 - 2013-08-28 08:35:32 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
this is clearly something that can be resolved by nerfing highsec, banning all the goons, removing offgrid boosting, nerfing incursions, shuffling around the moons, making PvP consensual, and giving titans their AoE DD again.

or just about any other idiotic suggestion thats trending on GD this week.

Don't forget 'Removing Local,' whilst you're at it...



You forgot cloaky campers, tres important that one on the old Whine-O-Meter.

"It was the way she said it, Rimmer, to rhyme with scum"

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#66 - 2013-08-28 08:54:28 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
The issue is its just too easy for large alliances to claim a system and then abandon it. If someone actually wants to claim it and use it you can simply bridge to that system your not using, wipe out the smaller guys, then abandon it again. Locking up huge amounts of space with no ongoing effort.

Been exploring null sec lately, jump after jump of sov claimed systems, not a single person in any of them. Can't shoot anything, can't damage anything, most things are invulnerable, the rest are millions of hp's.

Stupid hand holding system. Its not wonder people are exploiting the weaknesses in the system to rent out huge amounts of space that they really couldn't hold if they had to defend and maintain it properly.

If they couldn't defend it one of the other null sec alliances would have taken it. They pay a maintenance fee on each system monthly. And you underestimate the logistics side of it. A lot of the systems are held to provide income and provide places for staging towers, jump bridges and things like that. You won't see people in every system all the time, but that doesn't mean they are unused.
I think the thing you miss here, which a lot of people seem to miss, is that you are a single individual. You will always have a disadvantage to a 10000 man alliance. If they balanced out the game so you could pose a threat to a 10000 man alliance, then the game would be WAY out of balance. It would then favor the individual over the team player, and destroy the main reason for EVE to be an MMO If you want to be an individual and do well, you need to move to a smaller class wormhole. That's what they were designed for. If you want to get involved in null sec, then you need to build up a force of a reasonable size to fight the other alliances.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#67 - 2013-08-28 09:11:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Lucas Kell wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
The issue is its just too easy for large alliances to claim a system and then abandon it. If someone actually wants to claim it and use it you can simply bridge to that system your not using, wipe out the smaller guys, then abandon it again. Locking up huge amounts of space with no ongoing effort.

Been exploring null sec lately, jump after jump of sov claimed systems, not a single person in any of them. Can't shoot anything, can't damage anything, most things are invulnerable, the rest are millions of hp's.

Stupid hand holding system. Its not wonder people are exploiting the weaknesses in the system to rent out huge amounts of space that they really couldn't hold if they had to defend and maintain it properly.

If they couldn't defend it one of the other null sec alliances would have taken it. They pay a maintenance fee on each system monthly. And you underestimate the logistics side of it. A lot of the systems are held to provide income and provide places for staging towers, jump bridges and things like that. You won't see people in every system all the time, but that doesn't mean they are unused.
I think the thing you miss here, which a lot of people seem to miss, is that you are a single individual. You will always have a disadvantage to a 10000 man alliance. If they balanced out the game so you could pose a threat to a 10000 man alliance, then the game would be WAY out of balance. It would then favor the individual over the team player, and destroy the main reason for EVE to be an MMO If you want to be an individual and do well, you need to move to a smaller class wormhole. That's what they were designed for. If you want to get involved in null sec, then you need to build up a force of a reasonable size to fight the other alliances.

The fee is negligible otherwise all those systems would not be locked in sov. You don't have to defend it the way defense normally works. You get an email and a whole lot of time to face stomp anyone with your alliance regardless of how far away it is. A roaming gang cant come in to your empty system you abandoned and damage anything because the game mechanics prevent it. No need to have a local defense force. No effort. Crap system.

Also what do you mean if they balance out the game so one person can damage a 10000 man alliance? Are you saying a 10000 man alliance needs to have the server protect its assets from one person. If 10000 people cant defend their assets from one person then they shouldn't have assets.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#68 - 2013-08-28 09:15:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
JinSanJong wrote:
Just one giant doughnut of renter space!? Is this what eve has now become?
There's something seriously wrong here. How can an alliance hold space and yet not live there and then rent it out? Surely the game is about gaining space, and keeping hold of it? The amount of nullsec thats now become rental space is just crazy,

OK OK, some might say, well we are getting more people into nullsec, we are allowing people that couldnt get into nullsec a chance to. OK we will charge them stupidly high prices but meh we dont want that space anyway. and herein lies the problem.

Why arent nullsec alliances exploiting the mining riches, the anomolies etc to make there isk like everyone else has to, instead of being lazy so and so's? Really they should be having mass mining ops, or large anomaly bashing ops instead of being carebears (which ironically they moan about high sec carebears) these are 10x worse. They wont do anything, they cry about their passive moon income being nerf because they simply cannot be bothered to go an actually make isk.

Is this really where eve has gone and going?

I mean yeah live in a region and have a few renters to make that extra income like some alliance do, but look at Northern Associates for instance (N3)

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Northern_Associates.

I mean what 10 regions or more just PURELY to rent. Surely it cant be just me that sees something wrong here.


I could not agree more, nullsec alliances are the worst carebears of them all, I had more action flying L1 mission vs. going to sov space... they breed carebears out there with their renting space, spaces where there should be fights... they suck

Harry, any idea when you are likely to stop crying about null sec alliances?
10000 people can accomplish more than one on his own. That's just a fact you have to get used to. If they took away everything that any alliance had, they would still team up and crush everyone else. If you limited alliances to 100 people, then you could get coalitions of hundreds of alliances.
You can cry about it all you want, but MMOs are a social game. If you have no friends and refuse to learn how to work as a team then you fall behind. It's that simple.

Besides, they made wormhole space for smaller groups to play about with. Go there.


thats the main problem you guys just teamed up with everybody, there is nobody to crush anymore, thats the reason nullsec is so ******* boring, goto facebook there you can be cool with your 10000 friends, for this game that habbit just sucks and it is inappropriate! I mentioned it already, I did not join anybody out there because it just reduces the amount of enemies! you people search for 1 ship in a group of 10-20 thats pathetic! start to fight other corps out there! get out of your comfort zone!

the day to day PvP is **** in Sov space, you might have your big fights once a year who knows, but the day to day gameplay is lacking because you could not handle the excitment!
TheBlueMonkey
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2013-08-28 09:27:05 UTC
Which would you rather do, organise huge mining ops, fight over anoms and run missions OR let other people do that and then give you chunks of isk instead.

The second sounds way easier and if you've waged a war and are only interested in fighting wars then the second option sounds a lot more palatable too.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#70 - 2013-08-28 09:28:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Harry Forever wrote:
You're not playing the game the way I think you should play, therefore you're playing it wrong.

Every nullsec/highsec topic ever.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#71 - 2013-08-28 09:45:30 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
I mentioned it already, I did not join anybody out there because it just reduces the amount of enemies! you people search for 1 ship in a group of 10-20 thats pathetic! start to fight other corps out there! get out of your comfort zone!

perhaps joining a corp that can gang their own twenty duders increases the number of enemies you can engage with a reasonable chance of victory?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#72 - 2013-08-28 09:46:46 UTC
…soooo… has there actually been any period of time during the last ten years when EVE hasn't been ruined forever by large coalitions that can't be beaten?
Yeep
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2013-08-28 09:46:52 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
The issue is its just too easy for large alliances to claim a system and then abandon it. If someone actually wants to claim it and use it you can simply bridge to that system your not using, wipe out the smaller guys, then abandon it again. Locking up huge amounts of space with no ongoing effort.


No, the issue is you are looking at space through highsec lenses that only let you see ratting. There are hundreds of 0.0 systems that are amost completely worthless for ratting but might have value as a military holding, for moons or transport links. In addition the game mechanics don't really support alliances owning space any more granularly than a region.

You're doing the Eve equivalent of complaining that if only Egypt didn't claim all that desert you and your friends could start your own country dedicated to crop farming there.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#74 - 2013-08-28 09:53:19 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
You're not playing the game the way I think you should play, therefore you're playing it wrong.

Every nullsec/highsec topic ever.


wrong, you don't play it at all, you just sit there and wait and make stupid comments on the forum because you bore yourself because of your gameplay
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#75 - 2013-08-28 10:00:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Harry Forever wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
You're not playing the game the way I think you should play, therefore you're playing it wrong.

Every nullsec/highsec topic ever.


wrong, you don't play it at all, you just sit there and wait and make stupid comments on the forum because you bore yourself because of your gameplay

Actually you're incorrect, you couldn't be any more wrong if you tried. I don't pay CCP money every month to post on a forum, I do it so that I can log in and shoot at other peoples spaceships, and I'm certainly not bored with that.

If I wanted to pay money to post on a forum, I'd join the SA community and possibly become a J4G, and then be ostracized by my peers for being a J4G.

I thought you'd blocked me? Are you incapable of using left click on my name and selecting the hide posts option? If so, you may find Eve is a little more than you can handle.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2013-08-28 10:28:03 UTC
JinSanJong wrote:
...we will charge them stupidly high price...
...Surely it cant be just me that sees something wrong here...
First, for a small size active Corp... rental costs are easily covered.

Second, I don't think you actually see what is going on underneath. Why does N3 have so many people willing to rent?
Mayhaw Morgan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#77 - 2013-08-28 11:02:49 UTC
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:
Second, I don't think you actually see what is going on underneath. Why does N3 have so many people willing to rent?


Because it's easier to live on your knees than stand up for yourself.
Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2013-08-28 11:17:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Bi-Mi Lansatha
Mayhaw Morgan wrote:


Because it's easier to live on your knees than stand up for yourself.
Lol


Non sequitur, but funny.

PS. What one man Corp do you belong to that holds sovereignty?
William Walker
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2013-08-28 11:22:32 UTC
Harry, you should go into highsec and rally all the carebears, all of them, from all the realms and unite them in one conquest for glory. Unite them in great numbers, to rain down upon the nullsec coalitions and crush them with the weight of your ships!

What is that you say? Hypocrisy? Of course not! It is an entirely different matter if the highsec warbears unite, than a bunch of nullsec carebears with their sov, don't you agree Harry? Oh King of Highsec, protector of the 4 realms, enlighten us as to how real PVP looks. I think you said it yourself most poignantly:

"Le Harry Foreverface" wrote:
I did not join anybody out there because it just reduces the amount of enemies

You don't want friends, you don't want to unite anyone, you just want everyone to hate you and shoot at you. You claim it is injustice, only to garner... sympathy? I am not sure. More enemies to shoot? Rest assured Harry Forever, at this rate you will have your way. You will win, your way.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Sgt Doakes XD
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#80 - 2013-08-28 11:25:12 UTC
What's wrong with renting? it means a ton of people are active, and thus targets.
There won't be a "big blue donut" for long because all power and prosperity is relative.