These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Rubicon 1.1] Capital Turret Tracking Changes in Conjunction with Heat Iteration

First post First post
Author
Rammix
TheMurk
#101 - 2014-01-16 20:44:07 UTC
Leigh Akiga wrote:
Scarlet Thellere wrote:
What are they suppose to track after changes?! Stations?


Pretty sure dreads are supposed to shoot other capitals or sov structures.

Not blap sleepers in wh and subcaps in 0.0

Sleepers you say.. You don't know what you're talking about. I'm almost sure you don't know the real profit levels of wormhole types, maybe some exaggerated rumours. I don't want to post a wall of text offtopic, if you'd like to know the details just drop me an evemail.
Also, W-space is empty. If they nerf hunting in w-space - it won't become less empty, they will achieve the opposite effect.

Dreads are supposed to kill supers, yes. Then they should boost dread dps, EHP and lower the price - to make dreds more popular and hence supers more vulnerable, more expensive and more risky to fly.
But instead of that they're nerfing dreds. Stupid? Sure it is stupid.

OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, wine >1.9

Covert cyno in highsec: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296129&find=unread

Bakuhz
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#102 - 2014-01-16 20:44:59 UTC
Rall Mekin wrote:
This nerf makes me want to stop buying the PLEX for dreadnoughts program I've run for my corp--I use my real life money to buy PLEX form CCP and the give dreadnoughts to people who need them.

I am a C5 wormholer, and while I will definitely adapt and change, its probably going to be a hit for revenue--and not just for me, but for YOU, CCP.

If you keep making Titan's and dreads useless, there will be less and less demand for them. If there is less demand, you will loose a large source of revenue, as I know there are people affluent enough in life to PLEX for caps and super caps. I COULD, but I have no desire for one...

They are already balanced and easily fall prey to a t3 swarm. I'd just say, don't put in overheating on tracking computers... I don't really care for it...


fail!!!

https://zkillboard.com/character/584042527/

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2014-01-16 20:45:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
I think my Eve math may be off. Even with OH it seems that this will still result in lower tracking than before.

The other thread gives a tracking overheat bonus of 15%.
w/ 1 T2 TC:
Now = 1.15x current tracking
After 1.1 = 1.114x current tracking while overheated, 1.093x without OH

NVM, misread op which accounted for this.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#104 - 2014-01-16 20:45:37 UTC
Antoine Jordan wrote:
Finally the dread nerf that all my fellow GOONOOBS have been crying for! Thank you Fozzie for listening to the mountains upon mountains of posts (never mind that I can't find them right now, I'm sure they're around here somewhere) calling for the nerfing of dreads!

Yeah, I really enjoy the part where people accuse CCP of bowing to our demands. Who's using dreads in this war again?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Kasumi 'Goto
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#105 - 2014-01-16 20:46:23 UTC
I like this change. Helps to bring the other dreads inline with the phoenix. Either that or buff the phoenix.
Rammix
TheMurk
#106 - 2014-01-16 20:51:02 UTC
Kasumi 'Goto wrote:
I like this change. Helps to bring the other dreads inline with the phoenix. Either that or buff the phoenix.

In one line with dirt you mean? Big smile Nerf 3 instead of boosting/fixing 1? lol

OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, wine >1.9

Covert cyno in highsec: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296129&find=unread

M1k3y Koontz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#107 - 2014-01-16 20:52:43 UTC
So, Fozzie, what is your reasoning behind nerfing dreadnoughts?

Nobody is complaining about them. They aren't a problem.
Both the CFC and N3, lowsec alliances, and WH alliances are all in agreement: This is a stupid change.

So the question stands: Why?

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#108 - 2014-01-16 20:54:38 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Jafit McJafitson wrote:
Bakuhz wrote:
thorgil wrote:
it's time to eat drop. Tons of drop.


and there problem solved a cheap synt drop will give 3% ish so bye bye nerf


Are you implying that tracking dreads didn't already use drop?

Clearly, the solution is to just have dozens of spare TCs in your cargohold, and just refit the burnt out ones over the course of the battle Roll

I'm almost sure that's what is going to happen. People will just drop a mobile depot and keep cycling out new mids as they burn up.
*Snip* Please refrain from using profanity. ISD Ezwal
Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2014-01-16 20:57:11 UTC
WHAT THE ****?

Has everyone at CCP gone stupid?

Haters gonna hate, Trolls gonna troll.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#110 - 2014-01-16 20:57:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Hops
I'm going to reserve judgment until Fozzie actually explains the reasoning.

What specific situations was 5% tracking too much, or putting dreads over the top?

Was it a specific fit? Situation?

I (and I assume others) are just wondering...Why?
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2014-01-16 21:00:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Pinky Hops wrote:
I'm going to reserve judgment until Fozzie actually explains the reasoning.

What specific situations was 5% tracking too much, or putting dreads over the top?

Was it a specific fit? Situation?

I (and I assume others) are just wondering...Why?

The reasoning should be pretty obvious. He kinda went out of his way to make sure it was understood this was not in isolation so there wasn't any existing situation since the thing being compensated for isn't out yet.

The relevant question is, is it justified.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#112 - 2014-01-16 21:04:43 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
I'm going to reserve judgment until Fozzie actually explains the reasoning.

What specific situations was 5% tracking too much, or putting dreads over the top?

Was it a specific fit? Situation?

I (and I assume others) are just wondering...Why?

The reasoning should be pretty obvious. He kinda went out of his way to make sure it was understood this was not in isolation so there wasn't any existing situation since the thing being compensated for isn't out yet.

The relevant question is, is it justified.


But you can't overheat indefinitely, so it's a net nerf.

I think this should be pretty easy to understand, so there must be some larger reason.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#113 - 2014-01-16 21:05:35 UTC
You all new this was coming...

Stealth Buff to Phoenix!

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Thead Enco
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#114 - 2014-01-16 21:07:12 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
CCP Fozzie wrote:


In Rubicon 1.1 the tracking speed of all Capital Turrets will decrease by 5%.

This means tracking will be 5% down vs current TQ values when not overheating any TCs, about 2% down when overheating one T2 TC, and about 1.5% up when overheating two T2 TCs. Using higher meta TCs makes the crossover faster.

These changes will be on SISI very soon for you to try out for yourself, and as always we look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks!


*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal
Have you even every "overheated" your guns in a cap battle pre & post tidi? Again because BLAPPING Dreads are the reason why subcaps dieing in a Hades fire ball.........
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#115 - 2014-01-16 21:07:49 UTC
I would like to remind everyone to please stay constructive. It is of course valid to ask for the reasons of a change, nothing wrong with that! Constructive feedback is always welcome.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Onslaughtor
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#116 - 2014-01-16 21:09:18 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
You all new this was coming...

Stealth Buff to Phoenix!


They have been Stealth buffing the crap out of it. Its really good now and no one knows it.
Le Petite More
Doomheim
#117 - 2014-01-16 21:09:22 UTC
I can't even fly a dread and I think this is silly. I remember trying to web down a battleship for our dreads to hit and it was almost impossible which is fine but when they have trouble hitting carriers we have a problem
Deedrix Dako
Somali Sailors
#118 - 2014-01-16 21:10:34 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
It is of course valid to ask for the reasons of a change, nothing wrong with that!


How about answering those questions then...
Blodhgarm Dethahal
Moist Towelettes.
#119 - 2014-01-16 21:14:52 UTC
Le Petite More wrote:
I can't even fly a dread and I think this is silly. I remember trying to web down a battleship for our dreads to hit and it was almost impossible which is fine but when they have trouble hitting carriers we have a problem


If your Dreads are having problems hitting battleships something is very wrong with either webing or the Dreads.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2014-01-16 21:17:06 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
I'm going to reserve judgment until Fozzie actually explains the reasoning.

What specific situations was 5% tracking too much, or putting dreads over the top?

Was it a specific fit? Situation?

I (and I assume others) are just wondering...Why?

The reasoning should be pretty obvious. He kinda went out of his way to make sure it was understood this was not in isolation so there wasn't any existing situation since the thing being compensated for isn't out yet.

The relevant question is, is it justified.


But you can't overheat indefinitely, so it's a net nerf.

I think this should be pretty easy to understand, so there must be some larger reason.

It's clearly a nerf, because peak performance is getting a buff and their regulating that buff to be less than what it would be without this change by pre-nerfing it.

Things tend to be balanced off of peak performance, regardless of sustainability.