These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

you want more people going to nullsec? then buff highsec!

First post First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#141 - 2013-09-06 08:00:02 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
I am actually curious how many people are blocked by him that thinks he is a moron.

He does not take criticism well. I know I am blocked.

I have yet to see this dude post something that actually makes sense.


At my last count, which was a while ago, he was up to at least 30 that he had outright stated he had blocked.

Oh, and I just had to repost these gems.
Quote:

it feels more like you are scared of the average player because you want eve to be your special place

Quote:
there are many more people who favour the solo stuff, because its easier and you do not have to coordinate with other people, all those people are locked out of big parts of the game


That's the point, as I am sure he fails to understand.

But the concept that the nebulous "we" are frightened of the average player made me laugh chocolate milk out my nose. Particularly since he is so obviously referencing himself.

So, although I am fully aware that I am blocked and he is unlikely to see this, here you go, Harry.

I am about as scared of "the average player" as I am of the average mosquito. IF I notice them, they are an annoyance only. Sure, enough tiny little bites and it might be a problem, but just like bugs they flit around aimlessly and couldn't organize themselves worth a damn, even if they possessed the mental capacity to do so.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

TheBlueMonkey
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#142 - 2013-09-06 08:22:20 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
If they buff highsec so that it's better than going to nullsec, then what point in going to null?

oh, for the fights, trust me, if someone's scared of losing a ship when they have 500mil in their wallet, they're still going to be scared of losing a ship when they have 500bil in their wallet.

There will always be another reason for those people who can't get their head around the idea of ships being a temporary asset.

A better idea would be easier access to and more NPC 0.0\NPC 0.0 stations, making it so you don't need to sov grind to get there although people would then just moan about hellcamps.


the biggest issue I see is the time it takes to get the ISK for a decent ship, especially for the new players, then they fall into the habbit of just being a highsec grinder because they can not go to null early on, if that early hurdle would be reduced, you have way more players who just think its normal to go to nullsec

the time it takes for a new player to have a decent ship and do some PvP is out of proportion to the risk and how fast it can be lost going to nullsec... I mostly talk about randoms and soloplayer who are not able to join fleets and organize that much because they are just random players, if you make it easier for them to go to nullsec, it would be way more exciting out there, bigger alliances would have more targets, and other solo players could go one on one more often

the incentive going to null should be not so much focused on ISK, the focus should be PvP and exciting SoV gameplay... ISK should for sure be good out there, but not the main focus of the game


Like I said, more NPC 0.0 sounds like the solution to people who want to solo in null but then it does sound like you're trying to argue that solo people should some how be able to PvP against corps\alliances that can form fleets. Which doesn't sound like something that'll be doable.

Oh, and also, I'm in Brave newbies, last night I was in a 0.1 system, in a fleet of 8 players, 4 of which were under a month or two old, one of which was only a few days old.

So your argument kinda falls down a bit there. There's nothing really stopping people going to low\null other than them buying into the idea that it's big and scary.

Sure you might need to talk to some people, find some friend and go out there together but hey... this is an MMO


sure its an MMO but most people like to go solo, they do it in an MMO to figh against other players because of PvP not because they want to interact with them, sure there are many who want to fleetup and do that stuff as well, but I think there are many more gamers who just want to do stuff alone and are not dependant to others, however they want to fight other people and not just do PvE...

I think that part is just not supported that good in the game and needs improvement, it would attract a lot of random players, more targets to PvP for us all... it would not be a problem if they are not able to fight the alliances, but they have their own mini fights out there and would spread small scale PvP much more...


"I wish to join a football league but only play on my own.... and then complain when the other team has an advantage over me because they're working together as a team" is all I'm hearing from you now.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#143 - 2013-09-06 09:02:14 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Why not lol. So what are going to do when Nuet your lil frig, web it and sick my warriors on you. You could maybe kill an idiot in a Mega with a frig but any half competent Mega is going to pop you pretty easily if they fit right.

Just add I have played this game for 10 years. I don't care about getting popped, especially by a gang, they accomplished nothing of worth and I lost some pixel money. I don't care. Im having fun.

I would shoot down your warriors, then proceed to fire on you for eternity with my autocannons.
If you've played this game for 10 years, then why do you need it explained that a Mega is NOT a solo PvP ship? Surely you would already know this by now?
How many pro solo pirates do you see running around in battleships?

75 m3 drone bay I have 2 sets of warriors and a flight of ec-300's. I won't need my EC-300's because without cap and web + scram my wars are gonna chew through you in seconds.

Im not a pro-solo pirate so I couldn't say how many. I couldn't care how many either :)

Its a game I can do what I like, if it doesn't work, gf and reship


Autocannons don't run on cap. Warriors drop quick if you primary them.
Warriors alone would only save you if I fell asleep.

And yes, you can do what you want. But that doesn't change the fact that a Mega is NOT a solo PvP ship. Take it out as many times as you want, that won't change. Bigger does not automatically mean better. That's why so many people fly T3's (cruiser class). Because they are considerably more powerful than the larger ships.

I don't even get why you are arguing the point. A Mega is a terrible choice for solo PvP. That's free advice right there. If you want to ignore everything people have found out before you, fine, but don't come bitching and whining on the forum just because you refuse to learn simple mechanics.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#144 - 2013-09-06 09:04:42 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
at the moment its way too much team driven, but how many people play football vs. solo sports like running, tennis, biking, golf

there are many more people who favour the solo stuff, because its easier and you do not have to coordinate with other people, all those people are locked out of big parts of the game...

Yes, those people are not able to compete with teams. That's the nature of an MMO.
Go play WoW solo, and do end game raids alone.

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, **** off. You don't have to play EVE, there's plenty of single player games for you to play.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#145 - 2013-09-06 09:10:52 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
bonds would be the best solution to that, it came up on the forum numerous times already, at some point CCP will need to introduce those anyway, to assure they can keep inflation/deflation under control... a banking system with interest rates would solve a lot of problems

I don't think you understand how banks work. You realise that the interest isn't just made up from thin air right? And it's not that it automatically balances the world economy.
In EVE, where isk faucets left uncontrolled can cause absolute chaos, a built in bank system with interest would kill the economy.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#146 - 2013-09-06 09:31:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
If they buff highsec so that it's better than going to nullsec, then what point in going to null?

oh, for the fights, trust me, if someone's scared of losing a ship when they have 500mil in their wallet, they're still going to be scared of losing a ship when they have 500bil in their wallet.

There will always be another reason for those people who can't get their head around the idea of ships being a temporary asset.

A better idea would be easier access to and more NPC 0.0\NPC 0.0 stations, making it so you don't need to sov grind to get there although people would then just moan about hellcamps.


the biggest issue I see is the time it takes to get the ISK for a decent ship, especially for the new players, then they fall into the habbit of just being a highsec grinder because they can not go to null early on, if that early hurdle would be reduced, you have way more players who just think its normal to go to nullsec

the time it takes for a new player to have a decent ship and do some PvP is out of proportion to the risk and how fast it can be lost going to nullsec... I mostly talk about randoms and soloplayer who are not able to join fleets and organize that much because they are just random players, if you make it easier for them to go to nullsec, it would be way more exciting out there, bigger alliances would have more targets, and other solo players could go one on one more often

the incentive going to null should be not so much focused on ISK, the focus should be PvP and exciting SoV gameplay... ISK should for sure be good out there, but not the main focus of the game


Like I said, more NPC 0.0 sounds like the solution to people who want to solo in null but then it does sound like you're trying to argue that solo people should some how be able to PvP against corps\alliances that can form fleets. Which doesn't sound like something that'll be doable.

Oh, and also, I'm in Brave newbies, last night I was in a 0.1 system, in a fleet of 8 players, 4 of which were under a month or two old, one of which was only a few days old.

So your argument kinda falls down a bit there. There's nothing really stopping people going to low\null other than them buying into the idea that it's big and scary.

Sure you might need to talk to some people, find some friend and go out there together but hey... this is an MMO


sure its an MMO but most people like to go solo, they do it in an MMO to figh against other players because of PvP not because they want to interact with them, sure there are many who want to fleetup and do that stuff as well, but I think there are many more gamers who just want to do stuff alone and are not dependant to others, however they want to fight other people and not just do PvE...

I think that part is just not supported that good in the game and needs improvement, it would attract a lot of random players, more targets to PvP for us all... it would not be a problem if they are not able to fight the alliances, but they have their own mini fights out there and would spread small scale PvP much more...


"I wish to join a football league but only play on my own.... and then complain when the other team has an advantage over me because they're working together as a team" is all I'm hearing from you now.


you fall into the habbit of judging because thats how you work... however what I told you is that you need to have more content for solo players, there is no need for them to have an advantage over alliances because its a different game mode... at the moment the focus is too much on teamplay, there needs to be a seperate focus on soloplay PvP
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#147 - 2013-09-06 09:31:54 UTC
Once again Harry's grandiose ideas leave me speechless, so here's my tuppence worth.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#148 - 2013-09-06 09:34:14 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
at the moment its way too much team driven, but how many people play football vs. solo sports like running, tennis, biking, golf

there are many more people who favour the solo stuff, because its easier and you do not have to coordinate with other people, all those people are locked out of big parts of the game...

Yes, those people are not able to compete with teams. That's the nature of an MMO.
Go play WoW solo, and do end game raids alone.

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, **** off. You don't have to play EVE, there's plenty of single player games for you to play.


you still don't understand it, I play MMO because i want to play against other people not with other people

I adviced you already to swith to facebook, you have your chatboxes there and never need to undock
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#149 - 2013-09-06 09:38:16 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
bonds would be the best solution to that, it came up on the forum numerous times already, at some point CCP will need to introduce those anyway, to assure they can keep inflation/deflation under control... a banking system with interest rates would solve a lot of problems

I don't think you understand how banks work. You realise that the interest isn't just made up from thin air right? And it's not that it automatically balances the world economy.
In EVE, where isk faucets left uncontrolled can cause absolute chaos, a built in bank system with interest would kill the economy.


interest rates are there to balance the money flow, but i don't have time to teach you in economics, sorry
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#150 - 2013-09-06 09:53:12 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
bonds would be the best solution to that, it came up on the forum numerous times already, at some point CCP will need to introduce those anyway, to assure they can keep inflation/deflation under control... a banking system with interest rates would solve a lot of problems

I don't think you understand how banks work. You realise that the interest isn't just made up from thin air right? And it's not that it automatically balances the world economy.
In EVE, where isk faucets left uncontrolled can cause absolute chaos, a built in bank system with interest would kill the economy.


interest rates are there to balance the money flow, but i don't have time to teach you in economics, sorry

lol, oh please, go right ahead.
Tell us all about economics.
Explain to us how interest rates work.
Explain to us how CCP could implement a bespoke banking system with interest rates without also converting the player market to an NPC driven market.

In it's simplest form, Banks invest money. The profit they make from the money they invest is what controls interest they provide. The money is not invented as interest, it's gained through regular transactions.
For CCP to implement a bank system they would need to cause NPCs to turn a real profit to cycle the isk so the interest balances to the actual economy. They can't just jam a bank entity in and start churning out interest from thin air, as that would be the equivalent of printing money, which devalues the currency.

You can't even understand how to fit ships, the chances you understand economics is, well, slim. One day when you finish school, and you start learning about real world stuff, you might begin to understand that there are underlying complexities to these things.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#151 - 2013-09-06 09:59:41 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
bonds would be the best solution to that, it came up on the forum numerous times already, at some point CCP will need to introduce those anyway, to assure they can keep inflation/deflation under control... a banking system with interest rates would solve a lot of problems

I don't think you understand how banks work. You realise that the interest isn't just made up from thin air right? And it's not that it automatically balances the world economy.
In EVE, where isk faucets left uncontrolled can cause absolute chaos, a built in bank system with interest would kill the economy.


interest rates are there to balance the money flow, but i don't have time to teach you in economics, sorry

lol, oh please, go right ahead.
Tell us all about economics.
Explain to us how interest rates work.
Explain to us how CCP could implement a bespoke banking system with interest rates without also converting the player market to an NPC driven market.

In it's simplest form, Banks invest money. The profit they make from the money they invest is what controls interest they provide. The money is not invented as interest, it's gained through regular transactions.
For CCP to implement a bank system they would need to cause NPCs to turn a real profit to cycle the isk so the interest balances to the actual economy. They can't just jam a bank entity in and start churning out interest from thin air, as that would be the equivalent of printing money, which devalues the currency.

You can't even understand how to fit ships, the chances you understand economics is, well, slim. One day when you finish school, and you start learning about real world stuff, you might begin to understand that there are underlying complexities to these things.


I'm manager, trust me I'm doing fine in real world... central bank interest rates balance the moneyflow and how easy banks can get money to invest, you do not understand the system, read a book about it, there are many out there its not that complicated
TheBlueMonkey
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#152 - 2013-09-06 10:12:38 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

you fall into the habbit of judging because thats how you work... however what I told you is that you need to have more content for solo players, there is no need for them to have an advantage over alliances because its a different game mode... at the moment the focus is too much on teamplay, there needs to be a seperate focus on soloplay PvP


and how exactly do you focus on soloplay in a team game?

If you buff specific ships to be better at solo PvP, then a gang of 10 of them would be 10 times better than the solo PvPer they run into.

If you make highsec more profitable than null\low then what's the point in going to null\low?
You need something of worth to fight over, otherwise it's kinda pointless and meaningless.

There are players out there though who do solo PvP, even against overwhelming numbers, they do it by knowing the game well enough to pick the right fights
Elric Cole
#153 - 2013-09-06 10:14:52 UTC
Economics shmomics, Banking shmanking… Roll

All i want to know is will I be able to get an Eve credit card and can I then totally max it out? Can I then get another eve credit card to pay the previous one? Can I then get another to pay the credit on the previous two..?

Can I then also get massive loans from this Eve bank for stuff I want but can't afford and will never be able to pay back..?

hehehe, Eve recession and financial crisis incoming… Imagine Eve style great depression, bailouts. sovereign-debt crisis', the great Eve housing bubble… aaah, low sec bubble, evictions, foreclosures and liquidity crisis all leading to a universal Eve recession! We'll need Eve fiscal stimulus' and monetary policies, austerity measures... Lol
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#154 - 2013-09-06 10:29:55 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
I'm manager, trust me I'm doing fine in real world... central bank interest rates balance the moneyflow and how easy banks can get money to invest, you do not understand the system, read a book about it, there are many out there its not that complicated

I'm calling bull **** on this.
No way in hell are you a manager for anything more than a Tesco. Honestly I doubt you are out of school based on the naivety of your posts.

You realise that the interest rates is still not something that is just made up off the top of someone head right. They don't just go "hmm, what will balance stuff right". It's based on actual transactions.
The central banks tend to set a guideline interest rate to keep a countries economy in tact based on what they predict is the best rate to run the country. But when interest is paid across, it still isn't just cash paid out of thin air. It's based on trading.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#155 - 2013-09-06 10:42:42 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
at the moment its way too much team driven, but how many people play football vs. solo sports like running, tennis, biking, golf

there are many more people who favour the solo stuff, because its easier and you do not have to coordinate with other people, all those people are locked out of big parts of the game...

Yes, those people are not able to compete with teams. That's the nature of an MMO.
Go play WoW solo, and do end game raids alone.

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, **** off. You don't have to play EVE, there's plenty of single player games for you to play.


you still don't understand it, I play MMO because i want to play against other people not with other people


The problem is that you want to play against other players that don't play with others either. That's just something you can't expect a sandbox game to provide in abundance; while you can have some diminishing return on the advantage of bringing more players, in the end it almost inevitable that bringing more people will result in a stronger position.

In my experience from 12 years of online games, there's always enough players that flock to such positions of strength to guarantee that the major powers will be based on numbers. In my very first online game, dark age of camelot, most players prefered to pvp in 200 man blobs (or even larger groups, damn those zerging albs!), where the individual was literally reduced to "once the enemy comes into sight pick the closest target and start casting your ae spell; stop once either the enemy or you are dead". I never understood it, but I accepted their choice.

No matter how cheap you make a ships and how easy it is to replace it, most players are happy being lemmings, and as a single player you can't expect to survive hundreds of angry lemmings stampeding over you. If the enemy prefers to fight in large numbers, you can either try your hand at guerilla warfare (which, as far as I understood, is what you're doing right now, and you're not happy with it) or look for other people interested in fighting in small groups and arange engagements where both parties agree not to exceed a certain number of fighters.

Trying to enforce smallscale encounters by changing the gameworld almost never works unless you introduce very artificial limitations (e.g. arenas, battlegrounds, limits on the number of people in a region), because when faced with the decision to either:
-Bring the same number of combatants as the enemy and win 50% of the time
or
-Bring twice the number of combatants and win 90% of the time.
most players will choose the variant with the higher chance at victory, even if it results in more boring fights. Until you can patch the players themselves, no amount of tinkering with ingame mechanics will change that.

Also, I normally avoid ad-hominems, but... you being a manager? Really? In what kind of firm? Sorry, if you throw around that kind of boast, expect people to focus on it.
TheBlueMonkey
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#156 - 2013-09-06 10:50:36 UTC
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
at the moment its way too much team driven, but how many people play football vs. solo sports like running, tennis, biking, golf

there are many more people who favour the solo stuff, because its easier and you do not have to coordinate with other people, all those people are locked out of big parts of the game...

Yes, those people are not able to compete with teams. That's the nature of an MMO.
Go play WoW solo, and do end game raids alone.

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, **** off. You don't have to play EVE, there's plenty of single player games for you to play.


you still don't understand it, I play MMO because i want to play against other people not with other people


The problem is that you want to play against other players that don't play with others either. That's just something you can't expect a sandbox game to provide in abundance; while you can have some diminishing return on the advantage of bringing more players, in the end it almost inevitable that bringing more people will result in a stronger position.

In my experience from 12 years of online games, there's always enough players that flock to such positions of strength to guarantee that the major powers will be based on numbers. In my very first online game, dark age of camelot, most players prefered to pvp in 200 man blobs (or even larger groups, damn those zerging albs!), where the individual was literally reduced to "once the enemy comes into sight pick the closest target and start casting your ae spell; stop once either the enemy or you are dead". I never understood it, but I accepted their choice.

No matter how cheap you make a ships and how easy it is to replace it, most players are happy being lemmings, and as a single player you can't expect to survive hundreds of angry lemmings stampeding over you. If the enemy prefers to fight in large numbers, you can either try your hand at guerilla warfare (which, as far as I understood, is what you're doing right now, and you're not happy with it) or look for other people interested in fighting in small groups and arange engagements where both parties agree not to exceed a certain number of fighters.

Trying to enforce smallscale encounters by changing the gameworld almost never works unless you introduce very artificial limitations (e.g. arenas, battlegrounds, limits on the number of people in a region), because when faced with the decision to either:
-Bring the same number of combatants as the enemy and win 50% of the time
or
-Bring twice the number of combatants and win 90% of the time.
most players will choose the variant with the higher chance at victory, even if it results in more boring fights. Until you can patch the players themselves, no amount of tinkering with ingame mechanics will change that.

Also, I normally avoid ad-hominems, but... you being a manager? Really? In what kind of firm? Sorry, if you throw around that kind of boast, expect people to focus on it.


This is the same point I'm trying to get across to him. The only situation I can think of is back when T2 was expensive (25mil for a briefcase etc). You'd get maybe 5 full T2 ships vs 20-30 T1 Meta4 ships and it was a fair fights. More than that if the T1 fleet lost half it's fleet but managed to loot 2 of the T2 wrecks that'd replace their fleet. Good old days, trouble is that it's way easier to make isk these days and things are way cheaper.

Oh, and on top of that, that starwars game. The mmo that got gutted. It started out and to become a Jedi was insanely hard, took ages, it took effort but when you were a Jedi with force push, a 1 vs 15 fight was a fair fight.
But people didn't like it because "it's unfair how this other person put in time and effort and got good.... I wanna be good" so they gimped it, made it easy to become a jedi and the game tanked because an easy victory is a hollow victory.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#157 - 2013-09-06 11:03:11 UTC
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

you fall into the habbit of judging because thats how you work... however what I told you is that you need to have more content for solo players, there is no need for them to have an advantage over alliances because its a different game mode... at the moment the focus is too much on teamplay, there needs to be a seperate focus on soloplay PvP


and how exactly do you focus on soloplay in a team game?

If you buff specific ships to be better at solo PvP, then a gang of 10 of them would be 10 times better than the solo PvPer they run into.

If you make highsec more profitable than null\low then what's the point in going to null\low?
You need something of worth to fight over, otherwise it's kinda pointless and meaningless.

There are players out there though who do solo PvP, even against overwhelming numbers, they do it by knowing the game well enough to pick the right fights


the reason going to null should be always the gameplay not the ISK, big battles and stuff, however the people seem to concentrate just on the ISK out there, with one bigger fight each week...

there is no need to make solo ships better against fleets, solo ships fight soloships but you need to make the access to soloships cheaper to encourage player to PvP more...

some people play the game because of the gameplay, they fight because they like to fight, thats all meaning they need... the metagame of SoV fights can stay however there needs to be something in between... accessible solo PvP

if you do solo now, its timeconsuming because not much do it out there, shipcost etc. a lot fo things are holding it back

if you play other games you can fight faster, and if you loose you can fight again faster, in eve you only can do this when doing PvE but not in PvP, PvP works like you need an hour to get the fight, fight for 20 seconds and then you need anoother hour to get another fight... its fine I want that sometimes as well, but I also want a game option where i can fight at least 10 fights an hour PvP... with reduced ISK to be lost

my suggestion was introducing PvP arenas, making ships cheaper and other stuff to make it easier to get that
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#158 - 2013-09-06 11:10:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
I'm manager, trust me I'm doing fine in real world... central bank interest rates balance the moneyflow and how easy banks can get money to invest, you do not understand the system, read a book about it, there are many out there its not that complicated

I'm calling bull **** on this.
No way in hell are you a manager for anything more than a Tesco. Honestly I doubt you are out of school based on the naivety of your posts.

You realise that the interest rates is still not something that is just made up off the top of someone head right. They don't just go "hmm, what will balance stuff right". It's based on actual transactions.
The central banks tend to set a guideline interest rate to keep a countries economy in tact based on what they predict is the best rate to run the country. But when interest is paid across, it still isn't just cash paid out of thin air. It's based on trading.


I'm overseeing the planning & purchasing process of over 100 million euro, there is no need that you believe it... your behaviour however leads to the conclusion you are scrubbing toilets somewhere, right?
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#159 - 2013-09-06 11:17:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
at the moment its way too much team driven, but how many people play football vs. solo sports like running, tennis, biking, golf

there are many more people who favour the solo stuff, because its easier and you do not have to coordinate with other people, all those people are locked out of big parts of the game...

Yes, those people are not able to compete with teams. That's the nature of an MMO.
Go play WoW solo, and do end game raids alone.

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, **** off. You don't have to play EVE, there's plenty of single player games for you to play.


you still don't understand it, I play MMO because i want to play against other people not with other people


The problem is that you want to play against other players that don't play with others either. That's just something you can't expect a sandbox game to provide in abundance; while you can have some diminishing return on the advantage of bringing more players, in the end it almost inevitable that bringing more people will result in a stronger position.

In my experience from 12 years of online games, there's always enough players that flock to such positions of strength to guarantee that the major powers will be based on numbers. In my very first online game, dark age of camelot, most players prefered to pvp in 200 man blobs (or even larger groups, damn those zerging albs!), where the individual was literally reduced to "once the enemy comes into sight pick the closest target and start casting your ae spell; stop once either the enemy or you are dead". I never understood it, but I accepted their choice.

No matter how cheap you make a ships and how easy it is to replace it, most players are happy being lemmings, and as a single player you can't expect to survive hundreds of angry lemmings stampeding over you. If the enemy prefers to fight in large numbers, you can either try your hand at guerilla warfare (which, as far as I understood, is what you're doing right now, and you're not happy with it) or look for other people interested in fighting in small groups and arange engagements where both parties agree not to exceed a certain number of fighters.

Trying to enforce smallscale encounters by changing the gameworld almost never works unless you introduce very artificial limitations (e.g. arenas, battlegrounds, limits on the number of people in a region), because when faced with the decision to either:
-Bring the same number of combatants as the enemy and win 50% of the time
or
-Bring twice the number of combatants and win 90% of the time.
most players will choose the variant with the higher chance at victory, even if it results in more boring fights. Until you can patch the players themselves, no amount of tinkering with ingame mechanics will change that.

Also, I normally avoid ad-hominems, but... you being a manager? Really? In what kind of firm? Sorry, if you throw around that kind of boast, expect people to focus on it.


I suggested arenas as well, maybe that would be the best option to satisfy the random player and bring more solo players in... i think it should be done...
SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#160 - 2013-09-06 11:31:58 UTC  |  Edited by: SKINE DMZ
Arenas..? Lol Have you even tried Faction Warfare? You really need to find a different game Harry Forever Noob

Also as a solo player, there is more than enough content for us, stop whining :-)

I disagree