These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

( ABSTAIN at very bottom) CSM is only a meta game with ramifications - other options when voting.

First post
Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#221 - 2012-02-24 17:15:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
What a surprise, at a glance, Test Alliance x2 , Noir, Volition Cult, AAA, Goons x2, Pandemic x2, xxDeath, Razor, Darkside - another year to look forward to with null sec dominance of CSM. Roll]

Sounds like a rockin' time in the next CSM.

Don't forget the like 100 highsec candidates. We made sure there were as low as possible barriers to entry!

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#222 - 2012-02-24 17:31:09 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

Don't forget the like 100 highsec candidates. We made sure there were as low as possible barriers to entry!

In a way, you could say that just about any of them is equivalent to a "None of the above" vote! Big smile
Franklin D Roosevelt
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#223 - 2012-02-24 18:00:13 UTC
Is this a candidacy thread? I want to like it only if it will further dilute the candidate pool.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#224 - 2012-02-24 21:35:13 UTC
Franklin D Roosevelt wrote:
Is this a candidacy thread? I want to like it only if it will further dilute the candidate pool.

No, it would probably have more people voting but less of the votes would go to players generally. P

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

None ofthe Above
#225 - 2012-02-24 21:39:37 UTC  |  Edited by: None ofthe Above
None ofthe Above wrote:

Is that the goal?

Cause, sorry to say, a CSM that doesn't represent you is a self-fulfilling prophecy when you are preaching abstention.

CSM removal and compromise with "These people do not represent me."

GMs would be more impartial, especially since they usually apply for a public relations and not a gaming job. They could play in Jove space to get the hang of the game and understand which ideas are good to put forward from the forums., while greeting new players.

Ummm wut?

How did GMs and Jove space come into this?

Still say vote Tiger Would, best choice for you, and the folk that agree with you.

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#226 - 2012-02-24 21:42:58 UTC
None ofthe Above wrote:

Ummm wut?

How did GMs and Jove space come into this?.

They would do the CSM job properly without the meta-gaming garbage.

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

None ofthe Above
#227 - 2012-02-24 22:00:23 UTC  |  Edited by: None ofthe Above
None ofthe Above wrote:

Ummm wut?

How did GMs and Jove space come into this?.

They would do the CSM job properly without the meta-gaming garbage.

What do you think the CSM's job is?

Its a delegation of players elected to a council to sift through player suggestions, present them to CCP and act as a focus group for NDA'ed proposals from CCP. How would the GMs do that job?

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#228 - 2012-02-24 23:57:38 UTC
Pubbies mad about space democracy itt

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#229 - 2012-02-25 03:29:50 UTC
None ofthe Above wrote:

What do you think the CSM's job is?
How would the GMs do that job?

Its to sift through player suggestions, present them to CCP and act as a focus group for NDA'ed proposals from CCP.

Almost answered yourself. Blink

Not even once

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#230 - 2012-02-25 03:40:13 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:

Space politics, meh.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jenshae Chiroptera
#231 - 2012-02-25 14:42:52 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:

Space politics, meh.

Space politics, in the air.P

Not even once

Jenshae Chiroptera
#232 - 2012-02-27 16:11:07 UTC
When ever I go to first warp in a Hurricane, I think of this. P

Not even once

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#233 - 2012-02-27 22:55:45 UTC
hey, you just got kicked out of your alliance and awoxed for being annoying and posting threads like this

i guess you could say... ~democracy does not work~

~hi~

Eli Grange
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#234 - 2012-02-27 23:03:46 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
hey, you just got kicked out of your alliance and awoxed for being annoying and posting threads like this

http://pastebin.com/20s9J0Aj
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#235 - 2012-02-27 23:09:05 UTC
well this thread just rocketed into the amazingsphere

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Pandares
hindsight is 20-20
#236 - 2012-02-27 23:19:36 UTC
None ofthe Above wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Two step wrote:
What about people like me, or Trebor, or Meissa, all of whom aren't members of large alliances, who are on the CSM? Doesn't that prove that you are wrong that large alliance backing is required to be elected?

exception proves the rule

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exception_that_proves_the_rule

Thank you for posting. It drives me crazy when people use this to avoid looking at data rationally. Most misunderstood idiom.

Anyone with half a brain would know that an exception actually disproves a rule.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#237 - 2012-02-27 23:26:10 UTC
The Mittani wrote:

If I had been kicked out then there would be a NPC corp in my recent employment history and if I was awoxed [killed by people in same fleet] then there would be a kill mail no doubt being used to try and rub my face in it. Blink

Fortunately, there are still some decent people in this world who were good enough to give me the heads up.

Three mails exist so far and my two were sent because I had this stupid hope that they could address their internal problems and thrive instead of constantly bleeding members. Anyway, washing my hands of the matter, time to look forward. Bear

Null Sec really that boring for you guys to be looking for stories about the peasants?

Not even once

Pandares
hindsight is 20-20
#238 - 2012-02-27 23:28:32 UTC

Real life really that boring for you to be looking for stories about Eve?
Jenshae Chiroptera
#239 - 2012-02-27 23:33:13 UTC
Pandares wrote:

Real life really that boring for you to be looking for stories about Eve?

Aww ... aren't you cute! Lol

Not even once

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#240 - 2012-02-27 23:40:35 UTC
To me it looks like Jenshae is saying we should cancel the election and keep the current CSM in place.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.