These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[118.6] Recurring Opportunity removal

First post First post First post
Author
Vailen Sere
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#261 - 2016-06-27 05:57:53 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Skipper Riddles wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Will do.

Take a hell of a pilot to fly in on an unarmed hi-sec miner and kill him/her. Then turn to excuses to justify it. Reminds me of those discussions with my daughter when she was 6-7.

impressive...

its a V I D E O G A M E about blowing things up, there is 0 justification needed for doing exactly that.

I was in high sec for years mining never saw these code people I definitely don't see them in low or null. If you off the beaten path, they aren't there. They like to stay close to the trade hubs.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#262 - 2016-06-27 14:02:37 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Wit Zomb wrote:
What's WoW?

World Of Weaksauce.

more like WoW they make HOW much in subscriptions?

I'm not well versed into each game's current sub levels but I'm pretty sure it was over "EVE's yearly sub revenue" every months for some time.
Alexis Nightwish
#263 - 2016-06-27 14:06:52 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Glad you had a good experience with the feature, we will certainly have similar features coming, we just want them to be more integrated with with the rest of our work and be a little more robust overall.
I never doubted it for a minute. Sad

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers

Rynn Blazen
House of the Unspoken
#264 - 2016-06-27 18:09:24 UTC
It figures! I just get back from a little over a month away to discover this neat feature only to be getting in on the Last Day before it's pulled.....ah well.
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#265 - 2016-06-27 18:16:13 UTC
If you absolutely HAVE to have 'do thing -> get skill point' in the game, please don't make it require performing/participating in some meaningless PVE activity.

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Skipper Riddles
Ivory Vanguard
#266 - 2016-06-27 22:35:27 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Geronimo McVain wrote:
The most whining came from vets that patted their 50+M SP and +5 imps and told us, that Dailies are bad and that you really don't need them.

Okay you have won and the noobs have lost: more easy killboard boosting cause this way it takes the noobs longer to be competetive. Evil

I'm looking at a 150+ day skillque for basic skills to have some variety in ships and fly them well. This just cost me around a month additional training time!

I'm really happy that CCP adds some new Titans so that the vets have new toys and I will have more time to admire it, cause I'm missing the skillpoints. I really hope that you enjoy the extra kills.Evil

There are much better ways of helping new players than this lazy mechanic. I posted a suggestion to move the concept of giving SP bonuses into the NPE, for instance: complete the scanning tutorial, get 50k SP to put into scanning skills, and so on.

I was thinking on those lines as well. COMPLETE a task that requires more than 15 seconds to undock, 25 seconds to get to a combat site 20 seconds to lock target 25 seconds to destroy, all to re-dock shut down and walk away. To make the tasks different, changing the SP amount by expected time and/or difficulty.

Again today I see seasoned players log in and here it is...

[21:00:34] unnamed player > alrighty, got my daily...
[21:01:01] unnamed player > i've got some shows to catch up on, see you later...

This will not get you what you are looking for.

Skipper Riddles
Ivory Vanguard
#267 - 2016-06-27 22:40:49 UTC
Galaxy Pig wrote:
If you absolutely HAVE to have 'do thing -> get skill point' in the game, please don't make it require performing/participating in some meaningless PVE activity.

Meaningless?

If everyone thought on those lines as other jobs were 'meaningless' who would mine the ore, utilize the blueprints, extract from planets, etc. required to replace your precious catalysts you use to suicide gank?

Your market would fall apart, the game would collided with it self, crash out player wise, and you to would be back to playing WoW.

It is a huge game, we all have a role to fill, some of us like to play THE WHOLE game. You should be happy about that, or you too would be an innocent miner, trying to make ends meet.
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#268 - 2016-06-27 23:11:58 UTC
Thrill of the hunt was meaningless PVE.

Tell me more about how integral you are.

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Skipper Riddles
Ivory Vanguard
#269 - 2016-06-28 01:10:26 UTC
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Thrill of the hunt was meaningless PVE.

Tell me more about how integral you are.

okay, here it is...

I'm not young enough to know it all !!!
Aldaris Malachi
Malachi Industries and Holding
#270 - 2016-06-28 03:15:01 UTC
Skipper Riddles wrote:
So what you are saying is you have taken it upon yourself to be the fitting police of New Eden. Hands on training has always been the best route. I digress...

Me personally, no.

But yeah, as you've said "hands on training" is the way to show people that EvE is what it is since it seems a lot of people tend to forget its unforgiving nature.
HadHaFangs
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#271 - 2016-06-28 07:26:26 UTC
Thrill of the hunt was nice in my opinion. A pitty that it didn't have the desired outcome as you hoped for.

In my opinion the thing that would potentially cause people to come back is when game play is such that people would want to play. They would want to login because the goal they set before them is giving them pleasure to work at. This is what a game should do right?
I see on the forums many people being frustrated with certain aspects of the game. If you login to a game and it is not contributing to a pleasurable experience, would you login again?
Just as an example, look at afk cloaking being used to grief some nullsec systems. So many despise this game style yet, CCP say it is a style of playing they allow and are happy with. Yet, it only satisfies the cloaker. Often a single person. And he is the cause of many not logging in. I have seen corporations renting space paying many billions to their land lords. They rent 2 systems which they can manage. 1 or 2 cloakers sit afk for weeks on end in their systems. Occasionally they hot drop the renters causing fear that at any moment they can do this again. So the corporation members opt not to play EVE while the griefing is going on. They start playing other games like ARK, WOW etc etc. Even the comms are saturated with these other games.
Different time zones allow sometimes only 2 or 3 people to be online at a time. They cannot stand up to hot drops or even attempt to retaliate.
How is this conducive to positive game play when it only serves to make 1 or 2 people happy and many others don't play EVE as a result?
There exists no mechanic that allows those renters to sniff out their camper and safeguard their rented space thus allowing them to play the game the way they want to.
There has been many good suggestions from the player base to help balance this game style, yet CCP says, they allow this and its not going to change. You want people to login again. You want happy paying customers. You want the game to grow. But you chose to only listen to some and not others.
I suggest you take a look at the forums again and see what your paying customers want. Else the ones you have will also dwindle into nothing.
Word by mouth is a great marketing tool right? When people are excited about something, they tell every one else about it. And you grow your customer base without paying a cent for it. The same goes for the other side of the scale. Frustrate people enough and even what you have, you will lose.
The future of the game is totally in your hands. A person has 2 ears and one mouth. Thats why you should listen more and speak less. Listen to everybody, not only some.

Take out the nerf bat and nerf some play style as well, not only ships and objects in the game. Surely you can see fozziesov as an example. Players have pulled it appart. And as a result, many numbers of people say, what the hell. Everything we have worked for can be obliterated in a flash. The scale is not balanced from what I can see.

I would like to see many more friends return to EVE. I long to see them again. I miss the friendships. The game has become somewhat lonely...

My 2c.
Skipper Riddles
Ivory Vanguard
#272 - 2016-06-28 08:32:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Skipper Riddles
HadHaFangs wrote:
Thrill of the hunt was nice in my opinion. A pitty that it didn't have the desired outcome as you hoped for.

In my opinion the thing that would potentially cause people to come back is when game play is such that people would want to play. They would want to login because the goal they set before them is giving them pleasure to work at. This is what a game should do right?
I see on the forums many people being frustrated with certain aspects of the game. If you login to a game and it is not contributing to a pleasurable experience, would you login again?
Just as an example, look at afk cloaking being used to grief some nullsec systems. So many despise this game style yet, CCP say it is a style of playing they allow and are happy with. Yet, it only satisfies the cloaker. Often a single person. And he is the cause of many not logging in. I have seen corporations renting space paying many billions to their land lords. They rent 2 systems which they can manage. 1 or 2 cloakers sit afk for weeks on end in their systems. Occasionally they hot drop the renters causing fear that at any moment they can do this again. So the corporation members opt not to play EVE while the griefing is going on. They start playing other games like ARK, WOW etc etc. Even the comms are saturated with these other games.
Different time zones allow sometimes only 2 or 3 people to be online at a time. They cannot stand up to hot drops or even attempt to retaliate.
How is this conducive to positive game play when it only serves to make 1 or 2 people happy and many others don't play EVE as a result?
There exists no mechanic that allows those renters to sniff out their camper and safeguard their rented space thus allowing them to play the game the way they want to.
There has been many good suggestions from the player base to help balance this game style, yet CCP says, they allow this and its not going to change. You want people to login again. You want happy paying customers. You want the game to grow. But you chose to only listen to some and not others.
I suggest you take a look at the forums again and see what your paying customers want. Else the ones you have will also dwindle into nothing.
Word by mouth is a great marketing tool right? When people are excited about something, they tell every one else about it. And you grow your customer base without paying a cent for it. The same goes for the other side of the scale. Frustrate people enough and even what you have, you will lose.
The future of the game is totally in your hands. A person has 2 ears and one mouth. Thats why you should listen more and speak less. Listen to everybody, not only some.

Take out the nerf bat and nerf some play style as well, not only ships and objects in the game. Surely you can see fozziesov as an example. Players have pulled it appart. And as a result, many numbers of people say, what the hell. Everything we have worked for can be obliterated in a flash. The scale is not balanced from what I can see.

I would like to see many more friends return to EVE. I long to see them again. I miss the friendships. The game has become somewhat lonely...

My 2c.

I think the watch list offered a little relief regarding the main point of your post. To go along with your outstanding post; I would like to add that too many changes take place far to fast. I feel like I have to catch up every time I have to be away for even short periods of time. Generally returning to feel the bug errors made in the game changes that seem to pummel us, as those errors introduced often take far too long to get attention by the developers. It would be nice to sit down to a consistent game that handles the same way. They change far too many things too often. If they need to make some changes, it would be nice to smooth out what we already have. The story in the missions could be a lot better/re-written or make screen fonts to auto-contrast from light to dark when sky is the same color as the screen text Even mods are often hard to see if they are running because of the light sky bleaching out the colors we use to make a quick decision. Maybe add an audible alert WITH VOLUME LEVEL ADJUSTMENT that corp members fleeted could sound within the corp if they need help in an emergency situation. Just like a fire alarm at a fire station. When a member sounds the alarm the corp channel would deliver location information. Maybe allow corp members to select the ability to allow for auto destination setting if the alarm sounds. Anyone follow me here?

Most of these type of changes would be more benign, with less pilot issues than adding something, then taking it away. It is hard to feel loss of something you never had. Thank you, that is all.
Ariel Marquette
Doomheim
#273 - 2016-06-28 09:56:44 UTC
Kill the watchlist to make the game easier for the supercap pilots.

Kill the daily SP because the supercap pilots don't want anyone having a shot at closing the skills gap reasonably quickly.

Kill the game by catering to the vociferous minority at the expense of the quiet majority.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#274 - 2016-06-28 11:14:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
Ma SP :( Dont remove this feature. It brought much needed flexibility to the skill system. For example, when you only needed a few skills from the int/mem category you could get them with the daily SPs. Without the daily SP we have to use remaps with 1 year cooldown again if we want optimal skill training.

I guess CCP doesnt like the idea, that the wealthy vets get 2 free skill injectors per month. A feature that incentivises players to spend less money must be removed.
Kalpel
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#275 - 2016-06-28 11:24:18 UTC
Lagartija Nick wrote:
Please don't remove this feature. I think you guys are missing how powerful just the idea that there is a tiny daily skillpoint boost in the game can be. People that haven't played the game in years that I know have expressed interest in returning simply because of the inclusion of this daily 10k skillpoint bonus for playing the game and logging on.

It was a good idea, and really the short data collection period is only givng you an idea of how it is affecting your current playerbase, not the people who are just learning about it who have yet to subscribe or resubscribe.

Exactly, I just recently started to play again after some time away, this "Thrill of the hunt" daily was just that little boost that made my decision to resubscribe a good one, now I'm not so sure

You failed to target nothing! ≡v≡ online ... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edward Pierce
State War Academy
Caldari State
#276 - 2016-06-28 12:29:13 UTC
Can we go back to talking about the removal of skill attributes please?

The only nice thing about the daily skill point bonus was the fact that it was attribute-less SP that could be used to train off-remap skills.
Sulfurblade
Evil Pink Bunnies
#277 - 2016-06-28 12:43:29 UTC
Kalpel wrote:
Lagartija Nick wrote:
Please don't remove this feature. I think you guys are missing how powerful just the idea that there is a tiny daily skillpoint boost in the game can be. People that haven't played the game in years that I know have expressed interest in returning simply because of the inclusion of this daily 10k skillpoint bonus for playing the game and logging on.

It was a good idea, and really the short data collection period is only givng you an idea of how it is affecting your current playerbase, not the people who are just learning about it who have yet to subscribe or resubscribe.

Exactly, I just recently started to play again after some time away, this "Thrill of the hunt" daily was just that little boost that made my decision to resubscribe a good one, now I'm not so sure

I agree 150%... I think I will be letting my sub lapse again... As my Test has now failed since there test failed....
Ledo Hashur
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#278 - 2016-06-28 13:00:44 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Good day!

I'm here to let you know that on Tuesday, in the 118.6 release, we are planning to remove the recurring opportunity "Thrill of the Hunt".

I'm not surprised a bit.

It was either a poorly conceived concept to begin with, or you're hurting new players by removing it. Take your pick. It's a negative one way or another.

Personally, I would have liked to see it stay until a player reached X MM skill points, just to help out the new players. That said, Skill Injectors can be bought by newbies, but I'm not a fan of that approach.... I've seen too many noob players getting into ships they shouldn't be flying (yet).

I realize CCP is constantly trying to tweak game balance in favor of... balance, I suppose.... however, some of the game dynamics have been upset IMHO with these skill point changes. Not that I'm complaining, since I'll admit I've purchased skill injectors AND extractors.

Regardless, my suggestion is keep the Daily Opps rewards around for new players. Time-based would be another potentially useful way to limit them (e.g. only available during first 90 days of game play).
Nanako Chosokabe
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#279 - 2016-06-28 13:41:13 UTC
I liked the of a daily SP bonus BUT and rather wished you folks would have revamped it rather than just gotten rid of it.

1. It should have been more challenging (quantity, quality of enemy)
2. If should have been more creative
3. It should have been on a sliding scale of difficulty relative to a player's level of SP

Oh well, not a huge issue...
Maizie Fields
Eden Ranch Injector Spa
#280 - 2016-06-28 14:02:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Maizie Fields
As a pioneer of the burgeoning skillpoint farming industry, I have mixed feelings on the removal of the dailies.

At the Ranch, we grow new characters or repurpose existing characters into "Harvestable Toons" (or "HTs") by optimizing training attributes (typically to I/M or P/W) and fitting them with +5 implants in order to yield 1,944,000 skillpoints per month. With dailies, we were able to raise the productivity of each Harvestable Toon from 3.8 to 4.0 skill injectors per month by having the HT simply run 6 "Thrill of the Hunt" missions during the month. The effort required minimal time, could be rotated through all three toons per account during a given month, and made for a nice, even 4 injector per month output per toon.

With the removal of dailies, while we lose that productivity benefit, our business becomes more passive. With the time savings, we'll be able to manage more accounts and more toons. The removal of dailies should also modestly increase the demand for skill injectors. Although our profitability per Harvestable Toon will decline, we believe we will be able to maintain and even increase the overall profitability of the business.

Thinking of selling? Eden Ranch is now buying characters. Please contact me for an offer!

~

Maizie Fields, Chief Injection Officer