These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Fuel blocks! (and CCP Soundwaves wildlife safety advice)

First post First post
Author
ShipToaster
#401 - 2012-01-03 00:32:04 UTC  |  Edited by: ShipToaster
I think I could take a lion 1v1 unarmed but I think a tiger would be too much.

Any advice on fighting lions and tigers? And bears?

Edited.

The only pissing involved in this scenario would be me pissing myself. Ugh

.

DeathBeforeDishonour
Mercenaries of Mayhem
HeeChee Uprising
#402 - 2012-01-03 02:18:10 UTC
Has there been an update on the consumption of fuel blocks per hour for the various POS sizes ? All I can see is that it is still 1/2/4 per hour for small/medium/large towers. Is that still the case ?
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#403 - 2012-01-03 02:48:51 UTC
DeathBeforeDishonour wrote:
Has there been an update on the consumption of fuel blocks per hour for the various POS sizes ? All I can see is that it is still 1/2/4 per hour for small/medium/large towers. Is that still the case ?


Yes there has. Bout a month ago. Read Dev blogs.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Cali Zindonas
Rudel Taktik
#404 - 2012-01-08 23:15:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Cali Zindonas
Information is spread out everywhere in this thread. How will the fuel block affect faction towers?

edit - nm found it.

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3143
Neo Agricola
#405 - 2012-01-15 14:54:24 UTC
Yeah I know 10 days to go, but:

CCP: Is the 24th a fix date or are there any chances this date will change?

Can we rely on that 24th or not?

Best regards

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#406 - 2012-01-15 14:57:26 UTC
Neo Agricola wrote:
Yeah I know 10 days to go, but:

CCP: Is the 24th a fix date or are there any chances this date will change?

Can we rely on that 24th or not?

Best regards



They said that they do need to run a test first. So, who knows.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

IsTheOpOver
#407 - 2012-01-16 02:41:38 UTC  |  Edited by: IsTheOpOver
Quote:

This means that, until January 24th, your fuel bay sizes will be doubled, which should allow you to compensate for the unfortunate deployment of the fuel block switchover by just dumping another month's worth of fuel into your bay...


fixed.

I hate this fuel block change a lot. Completely unnecessary and making my tower fuel costs soar. Just make the towers use both fuels infinitely. What? people can't figure out how much fuel to put in? Trivial compared with trying to operate the manufacturing interface.

At least BFF seems to be doing some good things for the game. Helps offset this terrible change with POS fuel.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#408 - 2012-01-16 04:40:13 UTC
IsTheOpOver wrote:
Quote:

This means that, until January 24th, your fuel bay sizes will be doubled, which should allow you to compensate for the unfortunate deployment of the fuel block switchover by just dumping another month's worth of fuel into your bay...


fixed.

I hate this fuel block change a lot. Completely unnecessary and making my tower fuel costs soar. Just make the towers use both fuels infinitely. What? people can't figure out how much fuel to put in? Trivial compared with trying to operate the manufacturing interface.

At least BFF seems to be doing some good things for the game. Helps offset this terrible change with POS fuel.


Manufacture: Pres Button > Buttan Yell if not balance.
Current: Load > POS Yell if not balance... in 3 weeks.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

IsTheOpOver
#409 - 2012-01-16 06:43:48 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:


Manufacture: Pres Button > Buttan Yell if not balance.
Current: Load > POS Yell if not balance... in 3 weeks.


Is this english?
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#410 - 2012-01-16 06:53:21 UTC
IsTheOpOver wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:


Manufacture: Pres Button > Buttan Yell if not balance.
Current: Load > POS Yell if not balance... in 3 weeks.


Is this english?


Roughly.

Making POS Blocks: You are informed of any imbalance in fuels when you make the blocks.

Filling POSes piecemeal: You are informed when that item is in desperate need of new refreshments, and not signicantly before.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

themaker1971
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#411 - 2012-01-18 05:04:17 UTC
Without going though 20 pages which I don't have the time for, If my tower (with its enlarged fuel bay) has too many fuel blocks and then the switch happens, what happens to the extra blocks that will now not fit in the reduced fuel bay?
Neo Agricola
#412 - 2012-01-18 10:00:46 UTC
themaker1971 wrote:
Without going though 20 pages which I don't have the time for, If my tower (with its enlarged fuel bay) has too many fuel blocks and then the switch happens, what happens to the extra blocks that will now not fit in the reduced fuel bay?

Nothing... they will used as normal.

you can not put anything in that fuel bay (since it is full) but you can put things out of the fuel bay...

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

themaker1971
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#413 - 2012-01-19 03:37:14 UTC
Perhaps I was not clear.
Say the enlarged bay is 100m3 PRE the 24th and that bay will revert back to 50m3 on the 24th at DT.
If I have lets say, 80m3 of fuel in it and the 24th DT rolls over, do I suddenly loose the 30m3 difference?
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#414 - 2012-01-19 03:55:14 UTC
themaker1971 wrote:
Perhaps I was not clear.
Say the enlarged bay is 100m3 PRE the 24th and that bay will revert back to 50m3 on the 24th at DT.
If I have lets say, 80m3 of fuel in it and the 24th DT rolls over, do I suddenly loose the 30m3 difference?

No if you have it full you have double the ammount of days of fuel to use.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

themaker1971
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#415 - 2012-01-19 04:17:41 UTC
Salpun wrote:
themaker1971 wrote:
Perhaps I was not clear.
Say the enlarged bay is 100m3 PRE the 24th and that bay will revert back to 50m3 on the 24th at DT.
If I have lets say, 80m3 of fuel in it and the 24th DT rolls over, do I suddenly loose the 30m3 difference?

No if you have it full you have double the ammount of days of fuel to use.




Mmm, how can 80m3 of fuel fit into 50m3?
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#416 - 2012-01-19 04:19:59 UTC
themaker1971 wrote:
Salpun wrote:
themaker1971 wrote:
Perhaps I was not clear.
Say the enlarged bay is 100m3 PRE the 24th and that bay will revert back to 50m3 on the 24th at DT.
If I have lets say, 80m3 of fuel in it and the 24th DT rolls over, do I suddenly loose the 30m3 difference?

No if you have it full you have double the ammount of days of fuel to use.




Mmm, how can 80m3 of fuel fit into 50m3?

magicP

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#417 - 2012-01-19 04:50:04 UTC
themaker1971 wrote:
Perhaps I was not clear.
Say the enlarged bay is 100m3 PRE the 24th and that bay will revert back to 50m3 on the 24th at DT.
If I have lets say, 80m3 of fuel in it and the 24th DT rolls over, do I suddenly loose the 30m3 difference?


If the bay is overflowing with fuel, you simply cannot put any more in until you either remove fuel or until you burn off enough fuel that it goes below the capacity of the fuel bay.

The temporary doubling of the fuel bay was done so that we could pack 4 weeks of old-style fuel plus 4 weeks of new-style fuel inside existing towers to prep for the changeover.

Now that we're closer to the date, I'm running with 2 weeks of old-style fuel, with the rest of the tower crammed full with about 6 weeks worth of pellets.
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#418 - 2012-01-19 17:20:49 UTC
Salpun wrote:
themaker1971 wrote:
Salpun wrote:
themaker1971 wrote:
Perhaps I was not clear.
Say the enlarged bay is 100m3 PRE the 24th and that bay will revert back to 50m3 on the 24th at DT.
If I have lets say, 80m3 of fuel in it and the 24th DT rolls over, do I suddenly loose the 30m3 difference?

No if you have it full you have double the ammount of days of fuel to use.




Mmm, how can 80m3 of fuel fit into 50m3?

magicP

Bah, that's exactly what I was going to say.
Zleon Leigh
#419 - 2012-01-22 13:06:29 UTC
Can't wait to see all the POS's fall down on the 24th... Give 3/10 switchover works.

Incarna - Newest business example of mismanaged capital. CCP - Continuing to gank independent PI producers every day

PvP's latest  incentive program ** Unified Inventory **  'Cause you gotta kill something after trying to use it

Dilaro thagriin
Doomheim
#420 - 2012-01-22 13:29:26 UTC
DaiTengu wrote:
I've been out of the logistics loop for awhile, since every time I got within 100km of a POS I've wanted to suck the end of a .45.

However, IIRC, CCP mentioned they were going to do a hybrid system so a POS could consume both regular fuel and fuel blocks for a limited time period.

Today, talking to my masochistic friends that currently do logistics, I find out this isn't the case. I was wondering what all the fuss was, and now I know.


CCP is handling this in the worst possible way. At least set up some sort of hybrid system so people can convert to fuel blocks easily. You're being absolutely ******* ******** about this.




**sigh** you were told wrong.

they were NEVER going to be consuming both types, they just made it so that you could put both types into your fuel bay. so it would consume normal fuels until the change-over, and fuel blocks afterwards.

and to quote an earlier response, yes, Goon tears... oh so sweet.