These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Fuel blocks! (and CCP Soundwaves wildlife safety advice)

First post First post
Author
SCuDeR
Evil Care Bear Syndicate
Brothers of Tangra
#441 - 2012-01-24 18:50:50 UTC
A large tower holds 28000 blocks, which is 29D 4H. Guess CCP figures that is close enough to 30 days.
BugraT WarheaD
#442 - 2012-01-24 19:41:37 UTC  |  Edited by: BugraT WarheaD
wrong topic sorry ...
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#443 - 2012-01-24 21:49:00 UTC
SCuDeR wrote:
A large tower holds 28000 blocks, which is 29D 4H. Guess CCP figures that is close enough to 30 days.


We were actually tuning towards 28 days, plus a day or so of "slop room", on the basis that having your refuelling job for a given tower always fall on the same day of the week should make for a more user-friendly schedule.
Neo Agricola
Gallente Federation
#444 - 2012-01-24 21:53:50 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
SCuDeR wrote:
A large tower holds 28000 blocks, which is 29D 4H. Guess CCP figures that is close enough to 30 days.


We were actually tuning towards 28 days, plus a day or so of "slop room", on the basis that having your refuelling job for a given tower always fall on the same day of the week should make for a more user-friendly schedule.



More userfriendly would be: Reduce the fuel block size to 10% so we dont have to haul 140k of **** per month...
from station to Assembly array, back to station and then to the Tower.

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

Karsa Egivand
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#445 - 2012-01-24 23:17:12 UTC
Neo Agricola wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
SCuDeR wrote:
A large tower holds 28000 blocks, which is 29D 4H. Guess CCP figures that is close enough to 30 days.


We were actually tuning towards 28 days, plus a day or so of "slop room", on the basis that having your refuelling job for a given tower always fall on the same day of the week should make for a more user-friendly schedule.



More userfriendly would be: Reduce the fuel block size to 10% so we dont have to haul 140k of **** per month...
from station to Assembly array, back to station and then to the Tower.


Actually, being able to supply your tower is part of the difficulty you are supposed to encounter and handle in w-space. If you arent talking about w-space, then its even easier to do so.

Reducing it would make supply runs just... a cakewalk.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#446 - 2012-01-25 01:26:48 UTC
Taipion wrote:


So again, where is the improvement?

It´s just added work, or cost, or both.


At each of the dozen or so POSes I maintain, I have to look at my out of game app, Shift-Click-Drag ~8 items and type wildly varying numbers in for each item. I then need to double check to make sure I got it right.

Now, I do the math Once in Jita, again when I split it into JF loads, and then I run the BP and I'm done with math.

That's not even counting the number of times I've forgotten coolant (and for me, it's always coolant) when headed off to a remote POS.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Transport Sheep
CoonQuest
#447 - 2012-01-25 10:57:08 UTC
Could we get a number on the amount of towers, mods destroyed due to them not having blocks and thus turning offline?
Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#448 - 2012-01-25 11:57:37 UTC
Transport Sheep wrote:
Could we get a number on the amount of towers, mods destroyed due to them not having blocks and thus turning offline?


https://twitter.com/#!/CCP_Diagoras

"4 days ago 69.07% of starbases were online, today at 16:20 that had dropped to 64.95%. That's a thousand less online towers."

...and few days earlier

"As of 10:30 this morning, there were 29,662 starbases deployed, of which 20,489 are online."

So I'd say at least several hundred silos and hangars met their doom... Lol
YAP1
SaY Industries
#449 - 2012-01-25 22:28:37 UTC  |  Edited by: YAP1
Is there anyone else that turned all fuel they had into blocks when it was 4/per hour
Also when the bpo/bpc gave you 4 units
Pierced Brosmen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#450 - 2012-01-25 22:48:15 UTC
YAP1 wrote:
Is there anyone else that turned all fuel they had into blocks when it was 4/per hour
Also when the bpo/bpc gave you 4 units


It never was 4 per hour/run on TQ. That was the initial number put forward by CCP in a dev blog, but was changed to 40 based on player feedback, long before Crucible and the fuel block BPCs were released.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#451 - 2012-01-25 22:51:45 UTC
YAP1 wrote:
Is there anyone else that turned all fuel they had into blocks when it was 4/per hour
Also when the bpo/bpc gave you 4 units


Well, that would be a neat trick because the "4 per batch" BPOs never made it to the live server. By the time they hit the live server back in Crucible 1.0, the BPOs were producing 40 pellets per batch.
YAP1
SaY Industries
#452 - 2012-01-25 22:52:42 UTC
not in the blog in game i made the fuel i had into blocks when you got 4 per run instead of 40 per run like now which also was 4 per hour now 40 per hour for the same mats
YAP1
SaY Industries
#453 - 2012-01-25 22:55:09 UTC
scrapyard they were out when it was meant to be 2 weeks to the change over so please do not make out that i would be dishonest
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#454 - 2012-01-26 01:05:09 UTC
YAP1 wrote:
scrapyard they were out when it was meant to be 2 weeks to the change over so please do not make out that i would be dishonest


He might be too polite to call you a liar, but I'm not. Check the date on the 40/hr blog, compare it to the release of the BPOs (which were released after Crucible 1.0) and you'll see why what you claim is impossible, and we can safely call you a liar.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#455 - 2012-01-26 10:17:13 UTC
I'm looking at the relevant changes right now, and the 4 per hour version of the BPOs should never even have made it to SiSi, unless we were doing something weird with our branches at the time. It was certainly never on TQ.
Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#456 - 2012-01-26 12:03:57 UTC
It was never on TQ, the misguided individual is sprouting crap.

I know because I logged on within 30 secs of server going up with the BPOs on sale and delivered one of the first cloaky hauler loads of BPOs to Jita that day (mmm, tasty profits) and on that day made first blocks - and the BPO made 40 blocks per run.

So unless he somehow hacked himself an unreleased BPO not yet sold by NPCs, he's full of it. In fact, scratch that, he's full of it.

The only thing that may have been "broken" by this change was some spreadsheet/calculator that was based on wrong data.
Zleon Leigh
#457 - 2012-01-29 01:04:03 UTC
Still wondering about the stealth economy intervention slammed on by CCP...

Incarna - Newest business example of mismanaged capital. CCP - Continuing to gank independent PI producers every day

PvP's latest  incentive program ** Unified Inventory **  'Cause you gotta kill something after trying to use it