These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

you want more people going to nullsec? then buff highsec!

First post First post
Author
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#461 - 2013-09-07 18:22:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Dave Stark wrote:
you think 1 rat = 1 player ship

i hope you realise how dumb that sounds.


its not 1 vs. 1 its thousands of rats vs. 1 player ship

the time taken to kill a rat is equal to a player ship, kill a ratfrig = kill a player frig

same time taken

90%-99% of the players time is killing rats

the only difference is the waiting time for pvp but as not many do it, that just brings it from 99% to 90%, so 9% is PvP waiting
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#462 - 2013-09-07 18:24:30 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:


the time taken to kill a rat is equal to a player ship, kill a ratfrig = kill a player frig


[Citation needed]

Also [Citation needed] for your claim about WiS.

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#463 - 2013-09-07 18:26:29 UTC
Everyone puts you in your spot with reasonable arguments and facts, yet all you do is come back with your childish way of communicating as usual.

I disagree

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#464 - 2013-09-07 18:27:46 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
you think 1 rat = 1 player ship

i hope you realise how dumb that sounds.


its not 1 vs. 1 its thousands of rats vs. 1 player ship

the time taken to kill a rat is equal to a player ship, kill a ratfrig = kill a player frig

same time taken

90%-99% of the players time is killing rats

the only difference is the waiting time for pvp but as not many do it, that just brings it from 99% to 90%, so 9% is PvP waiting

Your logic is... absolutely non existent.

I disagree

Dave Stark
#465 - 2013-09-07 18:28:00 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
the time taken to kill a rat is equal to a player ship, kill a ratfrig = kill a player frig

same time taken


wrong.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#466 - 2013-09-07 18:28:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Harry Forever wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
you think 1 rat = 1 player ship

i hope you realise how dumb that sounds.


its not 1 vs. 1 its thousands of rats vs. 1 player ship

the time taken to kill a rat is equal to a player ship, kill a ratfrig = kill a player frig

same time taken

90%-99% of the players time is killing rats

the only difference is the waiting time for pvp but as not many do it, that just brings it from 99% to 90%, so 9% is PvP waiting

As Dave said... Dumb. You're *insert insult of choice* and a troll, off is the general direction in which you should fornicate.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#467 - 2013-09-07 18:34:51 UTC
SKINE DMZ wrote:
Everyone puts you in your spot with reasonable arguments and facts, yet all you do is come back with your childish way of communicating as usual.



Welcome to every Harry Forever thread ever.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#468 - 2013-09-07 18:38:46 UTC
This and the horrible shitposting by missionbears in the marauder thread are good enough reasons to say bye to these wretched forums.

EVE is dying.

.

Dave Stark
#469 - 2013-09-07 18:41:46 UTC
Roime wrote:
This and the horrible shitposting by missionbears in the marauder thread are good enough reasons to say bye to these wretched forums.

EVE is dying.



who'd have thought, people who are affected by a ship change posting about it in the feedback thread....
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#470 - 2013-09-07 19:20:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
check my killboard guys, you can all have a good laugh about it... because there is so much PvP in the game, a guy is camping epic arc sites, can flipping the items you need to finish the mission... hes doing it since 6 hours now, first item i warped out with stabs, but the second i was just bored and thought that typhoon sure will outtank that ship... nice one frogot to use my drones...

this is quality PvP, right?... to me it feels crackbrained, people have to do stupid things to lure newbs into traps because PvP is missing... 6 hours waiting for this kill, I hardly believe it was worth it for a 3 year old player... this is wrong, but i know you people will like it... at the end, it just does not feel like I'm fighting pros here... it did not even feel like a challange or wow he got skills

no, it just felt like I met another douche in the game...
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#471 - 2013-09-07 19:34:28 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
check my killboard guys, you can all have a good laugh about it... because there is so much PvP in the game, a guy is camping epic arc sites, can flipping the items you need to finish the mission... hes doing it since 6 hours now, first item i warped out with stabs, but the second i was just bored and thought that typhoon sure will outtank that ship... nice one frogot to use my drones...

this is quality PvP, right?... to me it feels crackbrained, people have to do stupid things to lure newbs into traps because PvP is missing... 6 hours waiting for this kill, I hardly believe it was worth it for a 3 year old player... this is wrong, but i know you people will like it... at the end, it just does not feel like I'm fighting pros here... it did not even feel like a challange or wow he got skills

no, it just felt like I met another douche in the game...


Just because you have no idea how to PvP in this game doesn't mean PvP is broken.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#472 - 2013-09-07 19:43:10 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
check my killboard guys, you can all have a good laugh about it... because there is so much PvP in the game, a guy is camping epic arc sites, can flipping the items you need to finish the mission... hes doing it since 6 hours now, first item i warped out with stabs, but the second i was just bored and thought that typhoon sure will outtank that ship... nice one frogot to use my drones...

this is quality PvP, right?... to me it feels crackbrained, people have to do stupid things to lure newbs into traps because PvP is missing... 6 hours waiting for this kill, I hardly believe it was worth it for a 3 year old player... this is wrong, but i know you people will like it... at the end, it just does not feel like I'm fighting pros here... it did not even feel like a challange or wow he got skills

no, it just felt like I met another douche in the game...


Just because you have no idea how to PvP in this game doesn't mean PvP is broken.


this kind of PvP i mentioned is just happening because there is not enough challange out there, not enough easy to access pvp... thats why its all about baits, can flipping, all that stuff... thats not pro pvp... pro pvp was in the tournament, that was setup like an arena

if we have that, then the dull pvp will go away... its just anoying for everybody... the people who trap or bait the others do not even have fun either because it does not feel like a challange, it just feels like long waiting time and then killing a newb, wow

we need more competitive gaming, not just dull traps and stuff
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#473 - 2013-09-07 20:00:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Harry Forever wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
check my killboard guys, you can all have a good laugh about it... because there is so much PvP in the game, a guy is camping epic arc sites, can flipping the items you need to finish the mission... hes doing it since 6 hours now, first item i warped out with stabs, but the second i was just bored and thought that typhoon sure will outtank that ship... nice one frogot to use my drones...

this is quality PvP, right?... to me it feels crackbrained, people have to do stupid things to lure newbs into traps because PvP is missing... 6 hours waiting for this kill, I hardly believe it was worth it for a 3 year old player... this is wrong, but i know you people will like it... at the end, it just does not feel like I'm fighting pros here... it did not even feel like a challange or wow he got skills

no, it just felt like I met another douche in the game...


Just because you have no idea how to PvP in this game doesn't mean PvP is broken.


this kind of PvP i mentioned is just happening because there is not enough challange out there, not enough easy to access pvp... thats why its all about baits, can flipping, all that stuff... thats not pro pvp... pro pvp was in the tournament, that was setup like an arena

if we have that, then the dull pvp will go away... its just anoying for everybody... the people who trap or bait the others do not even have fun either because it does not feel like a challange, it just feels like long waiting time and then killing a newb, wow

we need more competitive gaming, not just dull traps and stuff

What you really mean is that you're too damn lazy and/ or not patient/ cunning enough to set traps.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#474 - 2013-09-07 20:05:59 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
check my killboard guys, you can all have a good laugh about it... because there is so much PvP in the game, a guy is camping epic arc sites, can flipping the items you need to finish the mission... hes doing it since 6 hours now, first item i warped out with stabs, but the second i was just bored and thought that typhoon sure will outtank that ship... nice one frogot to use my drones...

this is quality PvP, right?... to me it feels crackbrained, people have to do stupid things to lure newbs into traps because PvP is missing... 6 hours waiting for this kill, I hardly believe it was worth it for a 3 year old player... this is wrong, but i know you people will like it... at the end, it just does not feel like I'm fighting pros here... it did not even feel like a challange or wow he got skills

no, it just felt like I met another douche in the game...


Just because you have no idea how to PvP in this game doesn't mean PvP is broken.


this kind of PvP i mentioned is just happening because there is not enough challange out there, not enough easy to access pvp... thats why its all about baits, can flipping, all that stuff... thats not pro pvp... pro pvp was in the tournament, that was setup like an arena

if we have that, then the dull pvp will go away... its just anoying for everybody... the people who trap or bait the others do not even have fun either because it does not feel like a challange, it just feels like long waiting time and then killing a newb, wow

we need more competitive gaming, not just dull traps and stuff

What you really mean is that you're too damn lazy and/ or not patient/ cunning enough to set traps.


no, I just want to have real challanges, waiting is no challange, you are right, I'm too unpatient for it, because the testosteron in my blood wants to fight... your level might not be high enough to understand that
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#475 - 2013-09-07 20:06:42 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
this kind of PvP i mentioned is just happening because there is not enough challange out there, not enough easy to access pvp... thats why its all about baits, can flipping, all that stuff... thats not pro pvp... pro pvp was in the tournament, that was setup like an arena

if we have that, then the dull pvp will go away... its just anoying for everybody... the people who trap or bait the others do not even have fun either because it does not feel like a challange, it just feels like long waiting time and then killing a newb, wow

we need more competitive gaming, not just dull traps and stuff


The fact that you think can flipping is required to get fights says even more about you than your stabbed bombers.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#476 - 2013-09-07 20:11:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Rhes wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
this kind of PvP i mentioned is just happening because there is not enough challange out there, not enough easy to access pvp... thats why its all about baits, can flipping, all that stuff... thats not pro pvp... pro pvp was in the tournament, that was setup like an arena

if we have that, then the dull pvp will go away... its just anoying for everybody... the people who trap or bait the others do not even have fun either because it does not feel like a challange, it just feels like long waiting time and then killing a newb, wow

we need more competitive gaming, not just dull traps and stuff


The fact that you think can flipping is required to get fights says even more about you than your stabbed bombers.


I only see you guys flying around with your bait ships, that says even more about your pvp skills than your mining and ratting habbits... without your bait hauler you would not have killed me one single time, you are no hunters, you are just fishers...
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#477 - 2013-09-07 20:11:40 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:


halo is played by 30 millions, eve by 500.000

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal


There were 135,000 nine months ago.

On the first of June there were 12669.

They sold 50 million units.

Halo 4 is a dead game not even a year after it launched.


The demographics alone are reason enough not to want to attract that sort of player. That being, that only a studio with a budget far beyond CCP's can afford to put out full titles twice a year as this would warrant.

Perhaps it's just me, but I have yet to ever meet anyone who defines themselves as an FPS or shooter player who wasn't a drooling knuckle dragger who follows the flavor of the month like a demented gosling.

So that'd be the second reason. In fact, the last time someone asked me why I play EVE, I responded by saying that I enjoy associating with a higher class of player. The kind of person who doesn't have a heart attack when they see a spreadsheet in a video game.



http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/

There are quite a few smart individuals there and a lot of them play the same games as Eve players.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#478 - 2013-09-07 20:16:36 UTC
oh god, this is it, this game is about fishing :'D

PvP is like throwing out the rod and waiting for the fish to bite :'D

I'm a good hunter however a bad fisher :'D thats it
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#479 - 2013-09-07 20:17:41 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:

Yes it is, you're just looking for them in the wrong places.


I did look into every area of the game, trust me, every game mode... I think we just have a different opinion on fast and fights

with fast I mean, login

choose 50 vs. 50

wait ca. 30 seconds until I'm put into the arena with some random other players, have my fight for 30-40 minutes

after that I go a bit mining run a mission grind up my metagame and shoot a goon hauler...

logoff after 1-2 hours... I got all what I need like that, however at the moment you get a lot of waiting because the first part with the action is missing



Even queing to get into a capped server is terrible for a real-time ingoing world that Eve presents.

I understand that Eve players play other games, and gain a certain traction with those other games... but you have got to keep the games separate in order to be successful.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#480 - 2013-09-07 20:21:05 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

I don't want to talk to you guys to get into a fleet, thats right, thats the biggest drawback, thats why a gamemode is needed for that

casual players do not want to discuss about fleeting up and fight, they just want to login and click the button for it

you all feel so super about your stuff, don't want to join your corps, don't want to join your alliances... I just want to have my fights without talking to you

however in eve it is needed to talk to some old vets, strange diplos, who just want to be smartass... the casual player does not want that when he wants to paly a game

I want to blast you guys, not explain stuff to you, you just don't get it anyway

You want a reward just for participating, you don't want to work for it. That isn't how it works, here or in the real world.



Every player gets a trophy for participating now.

Of course, that's 4 year olds playing teeball.. but still...

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.