These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

you want more people going to nullsec? then buff highsec!

First post First post
Author
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#441 - 2013-09-07 15:53:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
bloodknight2 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:


i got bored because PvP is missing right, thats the main reason i started the thread, i deleted the channel because you guys did not start pvping, you just do your boring drills

the only thing I'm mad about is you boring players not doing PvP and you are against it, you just want your waiting grinding ratting

the best players have only 1-3 kills per day, I was on the same level, its not enough... too much waiting time in between

it would not change a thing if i play longer and go out there with a bigger ship and kill cruisers instead of haulers, the result would be the same, the waitingtime and grinding even longer


PVP isn't missing. The problem is you and only you. You "cry" because there is no pvp when you are not looking for it. Camping a gate won't bring you PVP and when there is a target, you "cry" because you can't kill it because you are in a bomber. You want more kill? Bring a T3 and roam null sec. Trust me, you will find much more PVP this way. Players will hunt you and will do everything possible to kill you. You want more PVP? Wardec every big alliances in this game and roam amarr -> Jita

No, what you want is an instant "pvp fight" without looking for it. Eve gives you the tools needed for doing PVP anywhere, even in empire! You cry because you can't find PVP in Goons's territory, then why aren't you leaving for somewhere else?

Let's take a look at the map.
-Average pilots in space in the last 30 minutes? I can easily see 80+ systems in null who had at least 15+ players in the last 30min.
-Jumps in the last hour? Hundreds on Null systems had 10+ jumps in the last hour.



you got no clue, how much pvp people want these days, its enough for you maybe, but not for the masses, you need to look out of your tiny box

however T3 costs 500m minimum, thats why i want to make it more affordable, and make anoms more lucrative, finally you got it, thanks
Doris Dents
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#442 - 2013-09-07 15:54:35 UTC
Maybe Harry is right there's no real PVP in null because when we were locked in a winner takes all struggle with TEST & friends to undo literally years of their progress he couldn't find honor duels on demand at the VFK undock.
Doris Dents
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#443 - 2013-09-07 15:57:07 UTC
Note RvB, Sisi, faction war or any similar lower stakes PVP isn't sufficient we must change the whole ethos of the game so Harry can find the PVP he wants when and where he demands.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#444 - 2013-09-07 15:58:19 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
you are fine with your one fight, cool... its not enough for me, try to understand it, it feels like zero is happening out there


Killing cyno ships and untanked industrials isn't enough for you?

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#445 - 2013-09-07 15:59:51 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
you are fine with your one fight, cool... its not enough for me, try to understand it, it feels like zero is happening out there


Killing cyno ships and untanked industrials isn't enough for you?


we sure know that mining and killing rats is enough for you... thats right
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#446 - 2013-09-07 16:03:26 UTC
everybody in nullsec crys about high sec and that they just do PvE, why? because there is enough PvP in the game? sure not, all are searching for targets, and thats the main issue... all are frustrated that the hurdle to do decent PvP is way to big...
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#447 - 2013-09-07 16:14:30 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:
Then why don't you find fights? There are players with +1000 more kills than you get in a month.



the best gamers have 1000 kills in 4 years on average, there are some with 1000 a month after they did skillup 5 years, thats right, you talking about the top 100 there, so 100 players have what I want, not much in a playerbase of 500.000

they probably dedicated their lifes to come up there as well, not my intention

the average needs to come closer to that number


I asked why you don't go out and find fights? Those guys prove that it is possible.

.

bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#448 - 2013-09-07 16:18:27 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

you got no clue, how much pvp people want these days, its enough for you maybe, but not for the masses, you need to look out of your tiny box

however T3 costs 500m minimum, thats why i want to make it more affordable, and make anoms more lucrative, finally you got it, thanks


Because you know how much pvp people wants these days? Because you think most Eve's players want boring PVP like any boring FPS? Do you know what WILL happens if CCP bring arena in Eve? Corps and alliances will join those arenas and what will happens to players like you? You will be killed in 10-15sec. This is what you want? This kind of pvp?

Do you know what's so nice about this game? CSM. Next year, apply and show your ideas to the eve community and let the players vote. If you really think most Eve players want arena and boring pvp, they will vote for you.

Btw...if you buff anom and empire, everyone will fly T3 and no one will care killing them, because everyone will fly them. You still don't get it.
Onictus
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#449 - 2013-09-07 17:00:17 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:


however T3 costs 500m minimum, thats why i want to make it more affordable, and make anoms more lucrative, finally you got it, thanks




No get to isking like everyone else.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#450 - 2013-09-07 17:07:34 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
everybody in nullsec crys about high sec and that they just do PvE, why? because there is enough PvP in the game? sure not, all are searching for targets, and thats the main issue... all are frustrated that the hurdle to do decent PvP is way to big...


Nobody is crying but you, Harry. And your bomber for putting stabs on it...poor little fella.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#451 - 2013-09-07 17:08:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Harry Forever wrote:
however T3 costs 500m minimum, thats why i want to make it more affordable, and make anoms more lucrative, finally you got it, thanks
And that's why it hurts when you lose one, if T3's were 10 a penny losing one would be meaningless.

Harry here wants meaningless PvP where losses don't matter, whereas we all play Eve because losses do matter, especially when the ship someone just exploded cost you a week or 2 of grinding to pay for.

I think Jumpgate Evolution or Black Prophecy would be more his speed, oh wait they folded never got of the ground, probably because they were trying to cater to people like Harry.

Personally I think the only reason this thread hasn't been locked yet is because the Devs and ISD guys are running a pool on how much more pants on head idiocy Harry can come up with by the end of the month. Twisted

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#452 - 2013-09-07 17:40:13 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:


for you maybe, for the masses its fine to get more kills and have more action, thats why a seperate gamemode for those is perfect

we won't disturb your cat and mouse game out there...


The masses agree with me. If they didnt then this game would not have year on year growth. The very fact that this is the only MMO to have a growing population after a decade shows that CCP are right in not catering to the instant gratification no effort crowd. You are the minority here.


gaming did outgrow EvE 10 to 1 in the timeframe, because CCP is listening too much to guys like you

they could have a playerbase of 5-10 million easy



And how long would they keep that playerbase, about three months at most. Then they would move on to the next shiney laden theme park ride that calls itself a game and EVE would die. Since I'm quite invested in EVE I'm happy CCP doesnt listen to people like you and Im happy they chose to stick to their vision of what they want their game to be like.

Its very simple Harry, CCP will NEVER EVER give you what you want from this game because its something that goes against everything they want their game to be and everything that has made their game succesful for the last decade. Whining, insulting people and ignoring the facts just make you look stupid.


the only isults I get are from you guys, on and on, because you fear a PvP centric playerbase would trash your... understandable

they already listen to others by the way, thats why Dust was developed and the other vampire game, they want to attract those gamers, they just don't do it in eve, a shame, because the eve playerbase are full of whiners

if they would have tried to do it in eve they would have had more success

we could already walk around in gigantic space stations but people like you did hold it up, and you hold up great PvP stuff... you are the reason CCP lost its focus on EvE and started developing other games where they can bring in that stuff


Ok Im going to point out a few things to you.

1. The EVE playerbase is already PVP centric, every single thing you can do in the game is in permenant competition with other players. Your ideas are being criticised because theyre badly thought out and have had no consideration put into the possible consequences of implementing them, not because we're afraid of anything. Your abrasive writing style and constant insulting of others doesnt really help your case either.

2. FPS and MMOs are not the same thing, what works for one will not automatically work for the other. Also if you'd actually looked at any of the WoD information you'd see that they are taking way more inspiration from EVE for their ideas than from traditional MMOs.

3. The backlash against Walking in Stations was because CCP put a massive amount of developer time that could have been used on areas of the game that badly needed attention into a feature that delivered virtually nothing of what was promised. Since then theyve been understandably wary of commiting to it until they can spend the developer time on it without ignoring other areas that need work.

4. Im pretty sure CCP started making other games because they like making money and want to expand their areas for doing so wihtout having to squeeze their existing customers. Thats just good busness practice and trying to paint it as a struggle against unruly players is utterly dishonest of you. Also please show us the proof since you claim to know CCPs mind better than they do themselves.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#453 - 2013-09-07 17:45:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Darek Castigatus wrote:


Ok Im going to point out a few things to you.

1. The EVE playerbase is already PVP centric, every single thing you can do in the game is in permenant competition with other players. Your ideas are being criticised because theyre badly thought out and have had no consideration put into the possible consequences of implementing them, not because we're afraid of anything. Your abrasive writing style and constant insulting of others doesnt really help your case either.

2. FPS and MMOs are not the same thing, what works for one will not automatically work for the other. Also if you'd actually looked at any of the WoD information you'd see that they are taking way more inspiration from EVE for their ideas than from traditional MMOs.

3. The backlash against Walking in Stations was because CCP put a massive amount of developer time that could have been used on areas of the game that badly needed attention into a feature that delivered virtually nothing of what was promised. Since then theyve been understandably wary of commiting to it until they can spend the developer time on it without ignoring other areas that need work.

4. Im pretty sure CCP started making other games because they like making money and want to expand their areas for doing so wihtout having to squeeze their existing customers. Thats just good busness practice and trying to paint it as a struggle against unruly players is utterly dishonest of you. Also please show us the proof since you claim to know CCPs mind better than they do themselves.


insulitngs happen 10 vs. 1, 10 from you guys and after that I shoot one back, sounds fair, however you prefer100 vs. 1 like your PvP tactics, I understand

pvp centric? why do the players spend 90% of their time PvEing then?

you just need to check the facts, they wanted to do WiS and other stuff, gamers started crying, then they started other projects, no need to be an expert to get the reason for that, they invested your money into other games because you people did not want to have more content

now a part of your money goes into a vampire game, good job, and the other part did go into a shooter, lol the irony

eve did not grow fast enough and thats why they started investing differently, however if they would have invested in some of the content I mentioned they would have attracted much more players and could have stayed EvE centric, the playerbase scared them away to do other stuff, smart move guys...
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#454 - 2013-09-07 17:56:13 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

insulitngs happen 10 vs. 1, 10 from you guys and after that I shoot one back, sounds fair, however you prefer100 vs. 1 like your PvP tactics, I understand.

pvp centric? why do the players spend 90% of their time PvEing then?

you just need to check the facts, they wanted to do WiS and other stuff, gamers started crying, then they started other projects


If you'd actually bothered to do any checking you'd already realise how stupid that first statement of yours is but be that as it may.

By the way, got any proof that PVE takes up 90% of what people do in eve or are you pulling figures out of your ass like you usually do?
And since you mentioned fact checking, guess where I got the information I put in my previous post. Thats right I went and looked it up, something I recommend you do in future.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#455 - 2013-09-07 18:03:52 UTC
Harry logic :
90% of all ship kills are NPCs, therefore 90% of Eve players are doing PvE.

I know 3 year olds with better reasoning skills.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Rose Jasmone
Doomheim
#456 - 2013-09-07 18:12:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Rose Jasmone
It is the understanding of almost every religion, philosophy and psychology around the World that the most powerful inhibitor of action in the average human being is the lack of need to act, and a lot of you think that the way to make someone do something is to make this person absolutely not needing to ? That is some ground breaking pull shift. LoL

No one goes to nullsec not because they dont need, they dont have something good there to do, or they cant prepare themselves properly. Nullsec and lowsec are utterly wasted and not fully enjoyed by most players because the structure of EVE does the same mistake and assumes that most players are like one model player they built but resembles almost no player.

Simple, one of EVE's most intersting "game mechanics" does not work in the software of the game, but in the philosophy of development. Things are not meant to be the way most games work. It is pretty much like democracy: Since its inception, democracy was nothing more than a gag order on the less powerful about the division of power, the old definition of democracy: Democracy is to make sheep elect wolves to decide what everybody gonna eat.

Think about it.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#457 - 2013-09-07 18:14:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Rose Jasmone wrote:
It is the understanding of almost every religion, philosophy and psychology around the World that the most powerful inhibitor of action in the average human being is the lack of need to act, and a lot of you think that the way to make someone do something is to make this person absolutely not needing to ? That is some ground breaking pull shift. LoL

No one goes to nullsec not because they dont need, they dont have something good there to do, or they cant prepare themselves properly. Nullsec and lowsec are utterly wasted and not fully enjoyed by most players because the structure of EVE does the same mistake and assumes that most players are like one model player they built but resembles almost no player.

Simple, one of EVE's most intersting "game mechanics" does not work in the software of the game, but in the philosophy of development. Things are not meant to be the way most games work. It is pretty much like democracy: Since its inception, democracy was nothing more than a gag order on the less powerful about the division of power, the old definition of democracy: Democracy is to make sheep elect wolves to decide what everybody gonna eat.

Think about it.

Watâ„¢

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#458 - 2013-09-07 18:15:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Darek Castigatus wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

insulitngs happen 10 vs. 1, 10 from you guys and after that I shoot one back, sounds fair, however you prefer100 vs. 1 like your PvP tactics, I understand.

pvp centric? why do the players spend 90% of their time PvEing then?

you just need to check the facts, they wanted to do WiS and other stuff, gamers started crying, then they started other projects


If you'd actually bothered to do any checking you'd already realise how stupid that first statement of yours is but be that as it may.

By the way, got any proof that PVE takes up 90% of what people do in eve or are you pulling figures out of your ass like you usually do?
And since you mentioned fact checking, guess where I got the information I put in my previous post. Thats right I went and looked it up, something I recommend you do in future.


oh man this gets boring, just login and check how many pirate ships get destroyed each day, just hop over some systems, you see numbers like 5000, 10000, 15000 all over the map, you think those rats shoot themselves? big ratwar out there?? no man, players are shooting them down, hundreds of thousands each day across all systems just check it

then check how many player ships get destroyed, 10, 5, 2, 20... thats happening, check the systems, you never did, you live in an illusion
Dave Stark
#459 - 2013-09-07 18:16:38 UTC
you think 1 rat = 1 player ship

i hope you realise how dumb that sounds.
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#460 - 2013-09-07 18:21:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhivre
Dave Stark wrote:
you think 1 rat = 1 player ship

i hope you realise how dumb that sounds.


Well, I have run into some rat AI which appears to pilot better than player ships, after all, I doubt a rat would undock a kestrel full of plex Twisted

Or run from its mission hub near Oursalaert to fly to Jita to dump mission loot to buy orders, then fly back, grab a venture, and mine for a few hours while selling all its ore to extremely underpriced buy orders on station Twisted