These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Shadow of Serpentis event, miscommunication and autism apparently.

First post
Author
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#141 - 2016-08-20 10:53:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
TL;DR

CCP screwed the event winners over and still haven't delivered their bpc. Simultaneously they have released the bpc on SISI to the serp lp store. We have no period of exclusvity for our non-existant rewards after 450 + hrs put in.

Compared to other events, this one payed out less the more hrs you put in, would have had better odds and prizes doing Theomachy.


It's been less than a week, chill the **** out. Jesus.

Also oh no, they put the BPC onto the testing server. The humanity.


I guess you only read the TL;DR. All people are not equal in mental health, respect that. You are from PL, you've been through this process as a group a good few times and anyone of you with knowledge of this process could have halted this in it's tracks by sharing the reward process. Many of us have not. CCP communicated that they had awarded us the prizes, they had not. Being on the spectrum, if someone says "I have given you" or "I have told you x" and they haven't, I get a bee in my bonnet.

Sometimes it is hard to chill the **** out, but some of us have been through the mill in life and didn't turn to some of the darker solutions in an attempt to get ourselves feeling ok. I chose to do this event, the mental benefits of doing it really helped me out and it was one of the reasons my corp and friends rallied behind me doing it. I can take your abuse, most people are actually abusive in some way, even more so on the internet. The lack of communication effected many people, I simply decided to iron out wtf was going on.

One thing that I am increasingly sure of is the eve player base is as responsible for the loss in player numbers as anything CCP have done. There is a toxic element to this community.

If you can't be bothered to read both sides of this issue and weigh it up as a multi faceted issue, then your opinion is very much akin to a Daily Mail reader (google what this means if you are from overseas).

Multiple people were alarmed / changed their positions based on the test server information, my initial reaction was to be unconcerned, but people get a talkin'.

And just to flex my spectrum attention to detail, it has now been 11 days, which is closer to 2 weeks, not A week. details matter. Always.

When it comes to the trolls and negative commentators:

"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest."
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#142 - 2016-08-20 10:55:29 UTC
darkezero wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/primus/theantipop.html


I think I understand, thanks. Not intentionally anti-pop, but effectively, because my estimate was contrary to what everyone else expected. I am rather glad my estimate will be wrong in this case, thank's to Falcon.


I dig you man :)
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#143 - 2016-08-20 10:58:01 UTC
Major Trant wrote:



Thank you for your kind response CCP Falcon, very much appreciated. I apologize for acting like a spoiled entitled brat, but I haven't had much sleep lately and I feel a bit stupid now.



Pretty sure I can report this one for abuse. Don't be a mean old grouch all ya life.
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#144 - 2016-08-20 11:05:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Sonya Corvinus wrote:


Just because I don't say what you want me to say doesn't mean I'm not contributing to the discussion. I couldn't care less about "epeen". I play to have fun. If I want to do something memorable, I do it IRL, not in a game.



Last time I checked the people on comms were real, my computer is real, my experiences are real, my tiredness was real, the burnout was real. There isn't much about this that wasn't real tbh. Didn't you hear? CCP call this RL science fiction, "EvE is Real". I know plenty of folks who have taken their eve experiences and applied what they've learned to real life. It''s advanced their careers, taught them skills in accounting, negotiation, systems thinking, people managment skills, communication, the list goes on and on. I notice these things because I ask about them. EvE has very real effects on cognitive development, just you wait for that data to surface :)

Doing this event had a real impact on me, if you think that is sad, then stop playing, because if the impact on you isn't real, you are wasting your time.

You can say what you like, so will I. Seems the only one here who wants the other to yield to their statements is you. You'll struggle to get anyone to acknowledge such ill thought out attacks, aside from those defending from them...think about that.

EvE and PTSD
Duchess Amarrian
Tesla Aerospace Industries
#145 - 2016-08-20 11:07:45 UTC
I liked the event but what pissed me off the most was that people going over 50k didn't get anything. It was a very vague event in some way and the videos from CCP said "many rewards " in it. Horrible. Great drops, great grind but really cheesed off I didn't get anything after 50k points.

I even asked a ccp staff member and their reply was "i'm not sure" what happens to those going beyond 50k. Surely they could have distributed out some rewards to players going beyond 50k.

I'm starting to give up on mmo's in general. Why ??? because they are all becoming crack pot casino machines with draconic systems to not GIVE BACK to the player base.
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#146 - 2016-08-20 11:12:26 UTC
Duchess Amarrian wrote:
I liked the event but what pissed me off the most was that people going over 50k didn't get anything. It was a very vague event in some way and the videos from CCP said "many rewards " in it. Horrible. Great drops, great grind but really cheesed off I didn't get anything after 50k points.

I even asked a ccp staff member and their reply was "i'm not sure" what happens to those going beyond 50k. Surely they could have distributed out some rewards to players going beyond 50k.

I'm starting to give up on mmo's in general. Why ??? because they are all becoming crack pot casino machines with draconic systems to not GIVE BACK to the player base.


We have been talking about this in the Exploration channel, many suggestions were made for more incremental rewards spaced over larger distances, the Vehement should have been much more than 50k and maybe that milestone should've been a Vindi or something. I will post, or someone else will that I have talked to about this, something about this, or maybe you'd like to get the ball rolling? :D
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#147 - 2016-08-20 11:15:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Soel Reit
@Sonya Corvinus

Eve is Real.
Games are real.
Time you spend on anything is real.

The distiction between Real Life and InGame Life makes no sense when you spend in both activities time of your life.
Thus you are free to use the time of your life as you prefer, just don't judge others if they decide to use their time in a different way you think they should or be ready to be judge by them.

*it's ok... it's ok... it's ok... just ignorant people...*
Solecist Project
#148 - 2016-08-20 13:08:56 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
@Sonya Corvinus

Eve is Real.
Games are real.
Time you spend on anything is real.

The distiction between Real Life and InGame Life makes no sense when you spend in both activities time of your life.
Thus you are free to use the time of your life as you prefer, just don't judge others if they decide to use their time in a different way you think they should or be ready to be judge by them.

*it's ok... it's ok... it's ok... just ignorant people...*

This is a great post!
Very deep, reaching into the philosophical!

There's the hint at the clash between mindsets and cultures.

It needs rephrasing.

You are free to use the time of your life as you prefer ...
... just don't personally judge those decide to use their time against you.


That's better. Sorry. :3

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#149 - 2016-08-20 21:17:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Sonya Corvinus
Solecist Project wrote:
And this proves tnat the issue is solely with you.

.) Accoreing to you, anyone talking about himself not in a way that makes him an equal loser is bragging.
So, effectively, censorship so people don't get triggered. Like you did. And do.
Because you get to define what's proper behaviour.

.) You claim to know how people behave who you have nothing in common with. Who aren't even in your social circles, because if they were they'd distance themselves from you, because for them it would be impossible to ever talk about them if you had your will.
Which you luckily don't.

.) She did not shout from the rooftops. Again, you ignore the context and actually make this "argument" right out of your delusion. You take a detail out of a post, rip it out of it's context, ignore the intended meaning and then whine about it like a little bit.


How about instead of getting angry like a child you just stop being an easily triggered loser.
All you achieved was showing how insecure you are.

Luckiky we have already established that you *need* the last word to feel better about yourself ...
... so you may have it!


I sincerely hope you're trolling. I do like the bait you laid in your last sentence though. That was adorable. So are you an alt of hers, or an alt or a corp-mate or what? Why should anyone give a sh*t about what anyone thinks of them? That's the mark of an insecure person. Creating a thread with the sole purpose of whining about not getting a reward from putting hundreds of hours into a video game exemplifies that.

What did I say that made you think I'm angry? I am confused though. I do appreciate you calling me a loser for disagreeing with you. That does say a lot about how you think. I am more than OK agreeing to disagree with someone, you seem to not feel the same.

Discordia Duenna wrote:
Last time I checked the people on comms were real, my computer is real, my experiences are real, my tiredness was real, the burnout was real. There isn't much about this that wasn't real tbh. Didn't you hear? CCP call this RL science fiction, "EvE is Real". I know plenty of folks who have taken their eve experiences and applied what they've learned to real life. It''s advanced their careers, taught them skills in accounting, negotiation, systems thinking, people managment skills, communication, the list goes on and on. I notice these things because I ask about them. EvE has very real effects on cognitive development, just you wait for that data to surface :)

Doing this event had a real impact on me, if you think that is sad, then stop playing, because if the impact on you isn't real, you are wasting your time.

You can say what you like, so will I. Seems the only one here who wants the other to yield to their statements is you. You'll struggle to get anyone to acknowledge such ill thought out attacks, aside from those defending from them...think about that.

EvE and PTSD


I'm not the one who created a thread to complain about an event online. EVE is a game. Not real life. "EVE is real" is a marketing slogan, and a good one, but it is simply marketing. Anyone who spends over a dozen hours per day doing *any* hobby needs to take a step back.

Congrats on what you've done with this event, but (as my original point was) I fail to see the point in creating this thread. It's just a game.
Teinyhr
Ourumur
#150 - 2016-08-20 22:19:47 UTC
If you've played this game longer than a couple of years you should be well aware that there is no guaranteed exclusivity about anything in EVE.

Frankly I don't remember the details because I couldn't personally care much less, but I remember someone whining on these forums for MONTHS about some virtual item they thought would be only given to certain people for something. Think it was a male character jacket or skin or a then-rare ship (magnate?) or something. EVENTUALLY (like after half a year of pestilence) CCP relented and did something. Compensated the guy or whatever, don't remember.

Point being, do not expect to have an ISK printer forever, because you likely wont. It was your choice to waste those hours you can never get back on a video game, no one elses. You will eventually lose everything when EVE closes, like we all do.
Technically yes CCP owes you your BPC's, which they told they will deliver (and surprisingly fast, I think some AT BP's have taken several months to deliver). Personally I think you deserve to lose them on a gank on your way to Jita.

And another personal opinion of mine is, like I said, it is your choice to spend an obscene amount of time on a video game. I hope you at least had fun doing it, because that should be anyones main motivation in this game over attaining imaginary billions.
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#151 - 2016-08-21 00:40:47 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
@Sonya Corvinus

Eve is Real.
Games are real.
Time you spend on anything is real.

The distiction between Real Life and InGame Life makes no sense when you spend in both activities time of your life.
Thus you are free to use the time of your life as you prefer, just don't judge others if they decide to use their time in a different way you think they should or be ready to be judge by them.

*it's ok... it's ok... it's ok... just ignorant people...*

This is a great post!
Very deep, reaching into the philosophical!

There's the hint at the clash between mindsets and cultures.

It needs rephrasing.

You are free to use the time of your life as you prefer ...
... just don't personally judge those decide to use their time against you.


That's better. Sorry. :3


at least pay me the copyrights *sigh*
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#152 - 2016-08-21 00:49:02 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
So are you an alt of hers, or an alt or a corp-mate or what?
2 + 2 = 22?

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#153 - 2016-08-21 00:58:38 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:


I'm not the one who created a thread to complain about an event online. EVE is a game. Not real life. "EVE is real" is a marketing slogan, and a good one, but it is simply marketing. Anyone who spends over a dozen hours per day doing *any* hobby needs to take a step back.

Congrats on what you've done with this event, but (as my original point was) I fail to see the point in creating this thread. It's just a game.


The point was the lack of communication from CCP before and after the event. That has been resolved. As for spending the time I spent during the event, it was my time to spend, I spent it to take a step back from life tbh. Everyone needs to do this at some point, I afk'd a fair bit to take care of the house and my garden and to spend time with friends. I also exercised whilst running the event, I have weights next to the desk and I can switch my desk to a standing desk.

Maybe doing this sort of thing isn't for you, but to judge me for it is pretty arbitrary. People work those sorts of hours in a month doing desk jobs all over the world, not having much fun at all. Just because I did similar for a game, this is seen by you as wrong somehow. I also understand why you might be opposed to someone spending such a large amount of time doing a game activity, but then it isn't uncommon for humans to spend extortionate amounts of time towards any activity or goal.

It is just a game, so is life. You win some, you lose some, the earth keeps on spinning regardless. "EvE is real" is a marketing slogan and yet here you are feeling real emotions about what I have said about a virtual space. Is this irony lost on you? If you fail to see the point in the thread, then why keep posting in it lol?
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#154 - 2016-08-21 01:06:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Teinyhr wrote:
If you've played this game longer than a couple of years you should be well aware that there is no guaranteed exclusivity about anything in EVE.

Frankly I don't remember the details because I couldn't personally care much less, but I remember someone whining on these forums for MONTHS about some virtual item they thought would be only given to certain people for something. Think it was a male character jacket or skin or a then-rare ship (magnate?) or something. EVENTUALLY (like after half a year of pestilence) CCP relented and did something. Compensated the guy or whatever, don't remember.

Point being, do not expect to have an ISK printer forever, because you likely wont. It was your choice to waste those hours you can never get back on a video game, no one elses. You will eventually lose everything when EVE closes, like we all do.
Technically yes CCP owes you your BPC's, which they told they will deliver (and surprisingly fast, I think some AT BP's have taken several months to deliver). Personally I think you deserve to lose them on a gank on your way to Jita.

And another personal opinion of mine is, like I said, it is your choice to spend an obscene amount of time on a video game. I hope you at least had fun doing it, because that should be anyones main motivation in this game over attaining imaginary billions.


I had a great time. As for isk, I do ok anyways, if I am perfectly honest I have no idea what to do with more isk, I have always been a frugal player.

I have played the game for 10 yrs, I didn't know how the prizes are awarded, this isn't my fault. I have stated multiple times in the thread (and tbh your post clearly shows you haven't read the thread fully, the magnate thing already came up for one...) that I was not just asking what is happening for myself alone and that the language and communication used by CCP did not match the reality of what was happening. This could all have been avoided with a paragraph from CCP detailing these procedures. It simply wasn't the case.

"Personally I think you deserve to lose them on a gank on your way to Jita." Yes because this is the place one takes super bpc's to Roll What a vindictive thing to say :)

If EvE closes it's doors that will be a sad day, but as long as I can provide fun for other players, I hope to contribute to it's doors staying open, this is a unique game and I love it dearly. I won't lament losing those assets if it did shut down, in the same way I don't lament the loss of anything really, except loved ones. People seem to think i'm fixated on isk as a result of this thread, which is rather amusing to me, because anyone who knows me knows I really don't give a **** about isk :) The things people project are usually more telling of their character than the targets, sometimes...
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#155 - 2016-08-21 01:13:33 UTC
Dirty Forum Alt wrote:
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
So are you an alt of hers, or an alt or a corp-mate or what?
2 + 2 = 22?


No the answer is 4.
Amarisen Gream
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Order of Allied Knights
#156 - 2016-08-21 01:49:35 UTC
Very good read -

and did like CCP Falcon's reply

but me being me - 6 week event with who knows how much planning before that, and they couldn't have the BPCs ready to go after like a days worth of polish - or at least stated that at the end of the event rewards would be sent out a week later.

To me it comes down to ether

A) poor planning on some developer
or
B) just lack of communication. . .

and i'm going to throw my darts at B.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Teinyhr
Ourumur
#157 - 2016-08-21 18:06:12 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:

I have played the game for 10 yrs, I didn't know how the prizes are awarded, this isn't my fault. I have stated multiple times in the thread (and tbh your post clearly shows you haven't read the thread fully, the magnate thing already came up for one...) that I was not just asking what is happening for myself alone and that the language and communication used by CCP did not match the reality of what was happening. This could all have been avoided with a paragraph from CCP detailing these procedures. It simply wasn't the case.


1) If you have played the game for 10 years, you should know well that CCP has terrible track record of delivering prizes and merits. Luminaire Medallions, AT prizes, FW domination medals, previous other competitions etc, have always taken a long time to be delivered. If you follow anything on this game you should well know this. I wouldn't call myself the most avid EVE fanboy by a long shot, and even I know these things.

Granted they could have been more clear about it the prize delivery but for a veteran player such as yourself this should have been very clear by now.

2) Yeah I don't bother reading all those 7 pages of text, so sue me. My limit is 2-3 to gleam some additional info.

3) Your main concern in the opening posts was how your hard work will be devalued because stuff is on the test server. Don't blame us if you give us the impression that your main worry is your in-game wallet.
Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#158 - 2016-08-22 00:01:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Discordia Duenna
Teinyhr wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:

I have played the game for 10 yrs, I didn't know how the prizes are awarded, this isn't my fault. I have stated multiple times in the thread (and tbh your post clearly shows you haven't read the thread fully, the magnate thing already came up for one...) that I was not just asking what is happening for myself alone and that the language and communication used by CCP did not match the reality of what was happening. This could all have been avoided with a paragraph from CCP detailing these procedures. It simply wasn't the case.


1) If you have played the game for 10 years, you should know well that CCP has terrible track record of delivering prizes and merits. Luminaire Medallions, AT prizes, FW domination medals, previous other competitions etc, have always taken a long time to be delivered. If you follow anything on this game you should well know this. I wouldn't call myself the most avid EVE fanboy by a long shot, and even I know these things.

Granted they could have been more clear about it the prize delivery but for a veteran player such as yourself this should have been very clear by now.

2) Yeah I don't bother reading all those 7 pages of text, so sue me. My limit is 2-3 to gleam some additional info.

3) Your main concern in the opening posts was how your hard work will be devalued because stuff is on the test server. Don't blame us if you give us the impression that your main worry is your in-game wallet.


Yawn. Yes you know every-single-eve-thing-there-is-to-know-right? I don't, guess that makes you better. You can sleep now. Didn't bother reading, just decided to have a stab eh? Never mentioned anything about my in game wallet, I did indeed express concerns over the devaluing of the item in question. As would you have done in the same position and most people actually.

No clue about how prizes are distributed, no way to know if you knew this before the other responses in this thread either. Considering everything you have said has been negative, i'm gonna go with... you are in here to be negative and have a stab. I know stuff you don't know, you know stuff I don't, I can pick a many things to state "ohmygodyoudon'tknowthatomgwtfwhatanoob" in a variety of topics, but ya'know, it's just not my style. I must bow before your knowledge of CCP reward timings. Where were you earlier?

" If you follow anything on this game you should well know this" LOL. Reaching here.....juuuuuust a bit, perhaps even scraping the barrel. If you read the thread you'd see that hardly anyone knows this.

If this knowledge is so well known, then why did exactly only one person prior to Falcons response state as such (and without any approx time).Yes, indeed this is seriously important stuff for 1% of the playerbase it affects to know, so surely...with all the esoteric information contained within the ridiculous amount of information within eve, I must be a total noob to have missed this nugget. Your attitude is apparent to me and it isn't pleasant. Additionally I don't recall Falcon linking me to a page that clearly states this process or anyone else, he had to type out how it works...

My veterancy in eve equips me to have the knowledge that I don't know it all, surely anyone who knows anything about eve should know that no one knows it all about eve? You sure love being in Native Freshfood, surely anyone who knows anything about eve doesn't need to drop corp to get by?

Salty.
Harmonic Balance
Stormy Underpants
#159 - 2016-08-22 03:12:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Harmonic Balance
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
Stuff.


We were all aware it would hit the lp store, just not before we actually got our prizes, some people pay more for being 1st. That's supply and demand.





And this asshat (Discordia) wanted 165 Billion for his bpc and tried to make my seller think twice about my offer.
Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#160 - 2016-08-22 04:16:32 UTC
Harmonic Balance wrote:
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
Stuff.


We were all aware it would hit the lp store, just not before we actually got our prizes, some people pay more for being 1st. That's supply and demand.





And this asshat (Discordia) wanted 165 Billion for his bpc and tried to make my seller think twice about my offer.

Exclusive shiny thing is exclusive.

If you don't like that price, see if you can get the other four in a bidding war.

A signature :o