These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Everyone is too obsessed with their killboard stats!

First post First post
Author
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#21 - 2014-12-12 19:15:54 UTC
If it's not killboard fear, it would be "fear of older characters", or "fear of bigger ships", or "fear of lower sec status", or "fear of Minmatar characters". Some people cannot handle fights in which they have a larger-than-slim chance of losing, and blame it on other stuff. You need to subvert their fear by flying unexpected things in unexpected ways if you want them to fight. If not, just ignore them.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Mashie Saldana
I'm Sorry Shoot What?
WE FORM V0LTA
#22 - 2014-12-12 19:24:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Mashie Saldana
Mario Putzo wrote:
To be fair I wouldn't jump into you in a site either. You gain a huge advantage by already being in the site, and hold all the cards, you already have range, depending on fit you can be in scram range, or outside scram range, web range, outside web range, sitting at your optimals, already moving, while I start from a stop, and you have the power to leave when you please if you don't like the circumstances.

Jumping into a beacon typically is a very high risk low reward endeavor unless you clearly outclass the ship which is already inside, of course if the pilot inside had any brains they would just warp out themselves.

While risk aversion is present in this game, taking a stupid engagement where you hold no cards is well, stupid.

In regards to not wanting to risk losing a ship that might cause your friends to become mad at you, **** em. Or find new friends.

I agree with you, but I don't at the same time. Yes, if a ship like a tristan, or a imp navy slicer, or any other ship kiting ship is already sitting in a plex, it's risky as hell. The comet is not the case. It's not a kiting ship, and I've never ever seen an mwd comet. Well yes, I have, but it were fail fits that didn't cause me any harm. I don't fly kiting frigates because honestly, I suck at flying them.

Brawling ships have no advantage over any incoming ships.

And people bail even if they're first in sites anyway.

I jump to plexes with ships in it all the time, and I do win AND lose. If you don't jump in cause i'm already in a plex, open yours, and I'll gladly meet you there, unless you have a kiting ship :)
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#23 - 2014-12-12 19:26:26 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
So, am I to understand that ~elitepvp~ is 95% running away?

That can't be right...

I got caught red handed by a 5 man crew while in an exploration fit (back in the olde days of exploration before SoE ships) Cyclone once and before I could grab my ankles for the inevitable gank, they all warped off.

You see while they could have killed me I was capable (or so they thought - they didn't have a ship scanner it appears) of taking one down with me. These were cruisers and destroyers, not kiting frigs.

This would happen a few more times with the same ship over several years.

So they were so scared of being "the loss" they all ran away. Pathetic.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Mario Putzo
#24 - 2014-12-12 19:29:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Mario Putzo
Mashie Saldana wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
To be fair I wouldn't jump into you in a site either. You gain a huge advantage by already being in the site, and hold all the cards, you already have range, depending on fit you can be in scram range, or outside scram range, web range, outside web range, sitting at your optimals, already moving, while I start from a stop, and you have the power to leave when you please if you don't like the circumstances.

Jumping into a beacon typically is a very high risk low reward endeavor unless you clearly outclass the ship which is already inside, of course if the pilot inside had any brains they would just warp out themselves.

While risk aversion is present in this game, taking a stupid engagement where you hold no cards is well, stupid.

In regards to not wanting to risk losing a ship that might cause your friends to become mad at you, **** em. Or find new friends.

I agree with you, but I don't at the same time. Yes, if a ship like a tristan, or a imp navy slicer, or any other ship kiting ship is already sitting in a plex, it's risky as hell. The comet is not the case. It's not a kiting ship, and I've never ever seen an mwd comet. Well yes, I have, but it were fail fits that didn't cause me any harm.

Sure they do especially over any incoming kiting ships. If you are orbiting a couple K off the warp in you will have me web and scrammed before I even hit top speed, in your optimals. That is a huge advantage, even against other brawling ships considering you will get a couple pot shots off before someone even has the chance to build up transversal to help mitigate some of the damage.
Mashie Saldana
I'm Sorry Shoot What?
WE FORM V0LTA
#25 - 2014-12-12 19:33:38 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Mashie Saldana wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

I agree with you, but I don't at the same time. Yes, if a ship like a tristan, or a imp navy slicer, or any other ship kiting ship is already sitting in a plex, it's risky as hell. The comet is not the case. It's not a kiting ship, and I've never ever seen an mwd comet. Well yes, I have, but it were fail fits that didn't cause me any harm.

Sure they do especially over any incoming kiting ships. If you are orbiting a couple K off the warp in you will have me web and scrammed before I even hit top speed, in your optimals. That is a huge advantage, even against other brawling ships considering you will get a couple pot shots off before someone even has the chance to build up transversal to help mitigate some of the damage.

And if a kiting ship is already sitting in a plex, then it's practically safe agaisnt every brawling ship. But what do you want me to do? I understand that kiting ships are scared to warp in, but if you're in a brawling ship there's no excuse for you.

Mario Putzo
#26 - 2014-12-12 19:39:04 UTC
Mashie Saldana wrote:

And if a kiting ship is already sitting in a plex, then it's practically safe agaisnt every brawling ship. But what do you want me to do? I understand that kiting ships are scared to warp in, but if you're in a brawling ship there's no excuse for you.

I just told you why a brawling ship wouldn't enter. If you are in a comet and I am in a comet, you are on the inside, and I am on the outside, If I warp into that beacon to fight you, I already start behind. Fighting at the beacons in FW is largely **** because anything inside has the advantage period.

If you want to fight folks in FW sit out on the gate on the other side where people have the chance to warp in at a distance they desire.

Or instead of blaming it on Killboard risk aversion, ask CCP to change beacon mechanics to launch people in the site in a random location instead of @0 on an orbital object in space where anyone in any ship can sit in a position that gives them the upper hand 100% of the time.
Mashie Saldana
I'm Sorry Shoot What?
WE FORM V0LTA
#27 - 2014-12-12 19:42:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mashie Saldana
Mario Putzo wrote:
Mashie Saldana wrote:

I just told you why a brawling ship wouldn't enter. If you are in a comet and I am in a comet, you are on the inside, and I am on the outside, If I warp into that beacon to fight you, I already start behind. Fighting at the beacons in FW is largely **** because anything inside has the advantage period.

If you want to fight folks in FW sit out on the gate on the other side where people have the chance to warp in at a distance they desire.

Or instead of blaming it on Killboard risk aversion, ask CCP to change beacon mechanics to launch people in the site in a random location instead of @0 on an orbital object in space where anyone in any ship can sit in a position that gives them the upper hand 100% of the time.

Dude, I warp into sites with ships in it regularly, comets agaisnt comets, and I've won many, many times!

The only advantage the other comet's got might be drones already out, but that's like 1 second advantage, if even that.

Brawling ships have to stay at least 10 km away from you to have u scramed, but they're usually about 1-8km if a ship is 8 kilometers away from you, you OH your AB a little and approach him, OH comet speed is about 1,6K, you'll be in your optimal in a second or two!
Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#28 - 2014-12-12 19:43:17 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Sol Project wrote:
We should get loyalanon in here.

He's definitely the number one person with the most experience
in having no self worth and compensating via numbers on killboards.

WOW.

That is a name I haven't seen in 4.5 years.

I remember being a corpie of Loyal a long long long time ago.

Seriously?

You should get out more, meaning:
Visit C&P where he constantly tries to make himself feel better.

This guy is partly embarassing, partly a laughing stock, but people don't dare speaking up.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Sol Project
#29 - 2014-12-12 19:45:13 UTC
Reminds me ... in 2012 (or was it 2013) I joined the Space P0lice alliance,
because they were at war with eveuni.

These losers kicked me, because I ruined their killboards.

I just kept undocking, refusing to hide from the uniswarm. ^_^

Paranoid Loyd
#30 - 2014-12-12 19:45:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Sol Project wrote:
This guy is partly embarassing, partly a laughing stock, but people don't dare speaking up.
Interesting commentary, one might say the same about you. Blink
Or me.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

flakeys
Doomheim
#31 - 2014-12-12 19:47:48 UTC
Welcome to 2009 to be honest OP . I completely agree but it's been like this for a long time and we'll never go back to the old days .

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Josef Djugashvilis
#32 - 2014-12-12 19:48:11 UTC
Everyone?

I am sure I could look up a kiilboard if I really tried to find one.

This is not a signature.

Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-12-12 19:56:14 UTC
KB are why I am against CCP removing clone costs, should of just removed pods and included experience loss every time your ship exploded (T3 would of been higher). TL;DR aspect you don't need the public shame of an expensive loss, just knowing your dumb a$$ is stuck waiting for that skill to tick over again....don't need public humiliation and harassment, you can hate yourself for warping off grid when they land but at least know the other guy didn't get another fight and is probably pissed you got away Pirate
Sol Project
#34 - 2014-12-12 19:59:20 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Sol Project wrote:
Interesting commentary, one might say the same about you. Blink
Or me.

So glad you added the "Or me." there. ;)

While I absolutely not deny the truth in your words ...
... loyalanon isn't pretending to be the way he is.

Paranoid Loyd
#35 - 2014-12-12 20:26:07 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
... loyalanon isn't pretending to be the way he is.
Hmm, that might be a fair assessment. Hard to tell from my interactions with him, I'm sure you would know better.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#36 - 2014-12-12 20:30:35 UTC
I'm a carebear and I have a solo kill.

Why don't you?
Wendrika Hydreiga
#37 - 2014-12-12 20:31:22 UTC
The other day I climbed on to a Primae just to see how far I could get! Was promptly caught by a Cynabal in Tribute. It was worth it!

Does that count as me not caring?
Mashie Saldana
I'm Sorry Shoot What?
WE FORM V0LTA
#38 - 2014-12-12 20:32:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Mashie Saldana
Abrazzar wrote:
I'm a carebear and I have a solo kill.

Why don't you?

I have plenty, what's your point?
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#39 - 2014-12-12 20:37:47 UTC
The corporation my main resides in has one simple policy regarding Killboards: Don't post to them. *)
Does that mean our kills/losses are not out there on those boards? Off course they are, probably mainly our losses.
Is that relevant to us? Not in the slightest.
The only relevant thing to us is having fun. And sometimes that leads to getting blown up. Big time....Cool

*) We do use them for intel purposes though.....Twisted

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Jenshae Chiroptera
#40 - 2014-12-12 20:40:35 UTC
I don't post kill or loss mails anywhere.

I do find it funny that some vary from 75% to others with 90%+ ISK efficiency. Shows how inaccurate they can be.

However,

.... they are an important Intel tool. Seeing who flies with who regularly and in what ships is proving very effective at removing pests that visit frequently.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.