These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Everyone is too obsessed with their killboard stats!

First post First post
Author
Jon Joringer
The Third Foundation
#161 - 2014-12-16 06:54:05 UTC
Removal of killboards would be absolutely fantastic -- it'll never happen, but it'd be fantastic. I really don't like them and what they do to the game.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#162 - 2014-12-16 06:59:16 UTC
Killboard culture is a defining trait of an org, and that variation should stay. The rest of my opinion is obvious.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#163 - 2014-12-16 07:06:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Cymru2000 wrote:
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
WTB better shopping lists than what we have in market window, with the ability to import stuff into it from saved fitting lists.

You mean like dragging a fit from saved fittings into the market quickbar? Because, you know, you can totally do that.

Thanks, that's helpful. Gotta check that today. Although seeing how it's still just a quickbar entry, I guess we still have to input number of each type of mods manually, as well as manually go through every type to make an order? That's what I was referring to when I said "better lists".

Anyway, that's slightly off-topic. Good not to miss features though Smile
Taran Earendel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#164 - 2014-12-16 07:27:40 UTC
The guy has a monocle. Boo hoo.
Aiyshimin
Yamagata Syndicate
Shadow Cartel
#165 - 2014-12-16 16:00:53 UTC
wut m8

Legetus Shmoof Metallii
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#166 - 2014-12-16 17:09:02 UTC
Killboards are fun and keep a record of my adventures in EVE, or misadventures like my Arazu last night, but there is an obsession some people have with them. But no need to get rid of them or anything silly like that

O tempora o mores!

Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#167 - 2014-12-16 19:55:58 UTC
This is what happens when the community begin to chime in on something the elites love and the majority hate.. removal of killboards discussion

Oh I see you have a different opinion from ours..
(checks killboard)
oh you know nothing about pvp!
(checks killboard)
you're just a troll
(checks killboard)

but but but.... if I don't have my killboard stat i'll not stand out.
(stalks killboard to see if its still there)
but but but... if they remove killboards.. what would I do to stand out?? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(goes back to looking at the killboard cause its his precious)

remove KB's.. you want more pvp.. you want more fun.. then get rid of the #1 reason folks hate pvp and those darn elitest KB's..

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#168 - 2014-12-16 20:52:44 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#169 - 2014-12-17 00:41:42 UTC
Taran Earendel wrote:
The guy has a monocle. Boo hoo.

Well best post evar!!!! You like to troll don`t you? get your main here so we can talk!. Or stfu.

Ontopic! i agree OP is right in some way. I dont fight but i see scores thats well -300000 and yes no one want that in there profile. If you want to enter "a pvp" or pirat corporation. The stats will say > noob. Or easy gank here!!!!
tiberiusric
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#170 - 2014-12-17 14:22:59 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
tiberiusric wrote:
If kill boards didn't exist more people would pvp fact. Hopefully removed in next patch!

I would say it is a mirror of the sad state of mind people nowadays have and removing killboards
would not change the problem one bit, because the people still stay the same.

Of course, everyone who rather blames "everything else than himself" will always keep
blaming "everything else" because they are unable to/unwilling to to see that it's their ego that's
the actual problem.

Agreed in some way, but the point I was trying to make is that people get to worried about firstly their own stats because it becomes an epeen thing, but on the other side, people are wary of having fun and just losing a ship, not because of an affect of the stats but the ridicule they receive for a loss or whether they had the right fit or not. That's the sad part to be honest.

Youre right sometimes its the people that actually stop others, but if they didn't have a tool that allowed them to do it then that would change things.

I used to be obsessed with them true, having my corp being the top kill corp or gaining 100 kills in one day was great but perhaps I would of had more people participate or actually more kills if I didn't have a killboard to worry about?

All my views are my own - never be afraid to post with your main, unless you're going to post some dumb shit

Solj RichPopolous
Doomheim
#171 - 2014-12-17 15:22:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Solj RichPopolous
I dont worry about killboard stats. I just play the game, and since since im so awesome at it my killboard falls in line.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Solj+RichPopolous

Granted I don't play much anymore cause of the afore mentioned problem making it hard for me to find a decent fight.
Aiyshimin
Yamagata Syndicate
Shadow Cartel
#172 - 2014-12-17 15:32:11 UTC
tiberiusric wrote:
Sol Project wrote:
tiberiusric wrote:
If kill boards didn't exist more people would pvp fact. Hopefully removed in next patch!

I would say it is a mirror of the sad state of mind people nowadays have and removing killboards
would not change the problem one bit, because the people still stay the same.

Of course, everyone who rather blames "everything else than himself" will always keep
blaming "everything else" because they are unable to/unwilling to to see that it's their ego that's
the actual problem.

Agreed in some way, but the point I was trying to make is that people get to worried about firstly their own stats because it becomes an epeen thing, but on the other side, people are wary of having fun and just losing a ship, not because of an affect of the stats but the ridicule they receive for a loss or whether they had the right fit or not. That's the sad part to be honest.

Youre right sometimes its the people that actually stop others, but if they didn't have a tool that allowed them to do it then that would change things.

I used to be obsessed with them true, having my corp being the top kill corp or gaining 100 kills in one day was great but perhaps I would of had more people participate or actually more kills if I didn't have a killboard to worry about?

Had more kills without killboards? How would you even know? What would be the point of fighting, if the results wouldn't be tracked?

EVE Online as a game is completely dependent on the guys who upkeep zkillboard.com, and it's surprising that CCP still haven't created an official killboard.

Or created meaningful objectives for PvPers outside faction warfare.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#173 - 2014-12-17 15:39:36 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
So, am I to understand that ~elitepvp~ is 95% running away?

That can't be right...

No it's repeatedly making alts on your free slots and killing them. Also 1 shot whoring on the pos with 100 mods, ykno no ones gonna check page 17 of zkill and find them right.......

Page 17? All of my POS whoring glory (in a Vigil no less) is right on page one for all to view, with minimal effort.