These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Punishment for AT manipulation?

First post
Author
Anal Canal
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#41 - 2014-08-20 09:24:48 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
When I was in minerbumping channel and heard that CODE was entering the AT.

I asked one thing and thing only.

"Please take this serious"

This is one of those tournament that I want to be part of one day. I don't want people to make a mockery out of it.


I wanted to help, but from my understanding April screwed me over quicker than (I had a rather funny joke but I felt it would be wrong to post so I felt self restraint and came up with this one instead) the opening of the Mets season.

I would have love to assist. From my understanding,...


That being said, how much for round two! I mean I am not any Glass Joe.

Regardless.
I can't be the same thing to you now, I'm just gone. Just gone.
How could I say goodbye Kane, how could I?
Just let them think that I am more a man than I am and I will be so.
Goodbye?

(Mixed metaphors)

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#42 - 2014-08-20 09:29:24 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Since when did beginners fly freighters?


Oh, oh! *raises hand*

I know that one!

Since never. Beginners don't have capital ships. The statement you were referencing is an intellectually dishonest attempt to apply the label of "newbie", which is an inherently sympathetic one, to replace "carebear" that typically engenders disgust, to try and reinforce their shaky argument.

Do I get bonus points if I show my work on the board?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#43 - 2014-08-20 12:34:13 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
So once again, what relevance

If you want play dumb, you are doing a good Job.
I spoke of a Picture you linked.
Not "relevance" check for "Relevant".

Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

I do have a problem with the way that a CSM member and blogger of repute went about bringing Erotica's actions to the attention of CCP. Using his position to post an inflammatory rant

It was inflammatory for you and the codies maybe.
It wasn't for me and i shared his oppinon before.
Whats really bad is, that you try to belittle the oppinion of lots of other EvE players and it seems you think they only protested, because of this influence. This is utter nonsense. Did he bring this to a broader Audience? Yes, so what? E1 is the mongrel, not RT.

Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

I'm not trying to shut you up, I'm asking you to show some patience. If CCP decide to punish CODE for throwing the tournament, then so be it, if they don't, then so be it. You "making" this your business should have no effect on what CCP do, it's not particularly important in the grand scheme of things, neither are you.

Continued below.

Ripard Teg is entitled to have an Oppinion, as are you and so am i.
I will voice my Oppinion. hint: check wikipedia for larynx.
You could have noticed, i asked a question in the beginning.

I give you back those alleged reading problems, since i think i made myself clear.
Of course i am not talking of freighters, as you said, beginner do not / can not fly them.

Best of all:
CODE. would be happy if people would believe they took a bribe. But they didn't, they just Failed Hard. Those are all excuses.
And now comes the fun Part: Wouldn't it be nice if CODE. would be banned for something they didn't do? Just because they said the did? Why not discuss it? You sure that CODE. needs a lawyer? Why you wanna make this your thing?
You could just ignore this thread!

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Solecist Project
#44 - 2014-08-20 12:47:45 UTC
No one is entitled to an opinion.

Opinions are a granted right by those in power.

If suddenly your nation decides that they are not willing to grant you this right ...
... they will use weapons to make you realise that NO ONE is entitled to ANYTHING!
Please show me how your opinions matter in front of an execution squad.

You are spoiled, self righteous and full of yourself that you BELIEVE you are ...
... but that's all there is to it!

Reality... it will come and haunt you eventually....

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Solecist Project
#45 - 2014-08-20 12:49:09 UTC
And the biggest irony is that you hide behind an NPC forum alt... *snickers xD*

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#46 - 2014-08-20 12:49:10 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
No one is entitled to an opinion.

Opinions are a granted right by those in power.


No!

try that:

Oppinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#47 - 2014-08-20 12:51:10 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Solecist Project wrote:
And the biggest irony is that you hide behind an NPC forum alt... *snickers xD*


You sure?
You checked or you just believed my signature?

Blink

It would be irony to give away my other alts, so i had to play with the likes of you and i dont want that!
Big smile

PS and those without better arguments have relate to personal attacks.
PPS how can it be "hiding" if its written in my sig?
Roll

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Solecist Project
#48 - 2014-08-20 13:01:22 UTC
Npc corp... check.

Believes I am attacking her personally for simply stating facts about reality,
proving my statements about you... check.


Keeps believing what she says is of importance enough as if it meant anything,
although reality shows that you have no influence ... check.


Go ahead. I deal with delusional, self righteous, self entitled people like you all day. (:

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#49 - 2014-08-20 13:14:27 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
If you want play dumb, you are doing a good Job.
I spoke of a Picture you linked.
Not "relevance" check for "Relevant".
You should have been clearer in your post, I read it as you were referring to my portrait for some strange reason of your own. As for the relevance of the picture in question, you're stirring the excrement, you should have to taste it.

Quote:

It was inflammatory for you and the codies maybe.
It wasn't for me and i shared his oppinon before.
Whats really bad is, that you try to belittle the oppinion of lots of other EvE players and it seems you think they only protested, because of this influence. This is utter nonsense. Did he bring this to a broader Audience? Yes, so what? E1 is the mongrel, not RT.
It was inflammatory, and an abuse of his position regardless of how you try to spin it. If he had gone through the correct channels, rather than publicly calling for the head of another player then the witch hunt he started would never have happened, neither would the controversy and threadnaught it caused, complete with threats of physical violence aimed at Erotica from some players, for which there was no justification.

He compounded it further by flatly refusing to discuss it with the player that Erotica took for a ride.

His actions are not what is expected of somebody who claimed to represent the community, but of somebody who was so wrapped up in his own self importance that he couldn't see the harm his actions would cause, to both CCP and Eve.

As for opinions, they're like assholes, everybody has one, and they often stink.

Quote:
Ripard Teg is entitled to have an Oppinion, as are you and so am i.
I will voice my Oppinion. hint: check wikipedia for larynx.
You could have noticed, i asked a question in the beginning.
I know full well what a larynx is TYVM, I don't need to check wikipedia for that. Yes you started this thread with a question, then you proceeded to try and start a witch hunt when you didn't get the answer you wanted.

Quote:
I give you back those alleged reading problems, since i think i made myself clear.
Of course i am not talking of freighters, as you said, beginner do not / can not fly them.
So who are the weak and beginners? When you define what you classify as weak or beginners then we might be able to have a reasonable discussion about whether or not they are picked on by suicide gankers.

Quote:
Best of all:
CODE. would be happy if people would believe they took a bribe. But they didn't, they just Failed Hard. Those are all excuses.
And now comes the fun Part: Wouldn't it be nice if CODE. would be banned for something they didn't do? Just because they said the did? Why not discuss it? You sure that CODE. needs a lawyer? Why you wanna make this your thing?
You could just ignore this thread!
I'm not the one being unreasonable here. You're the one demanding stuff, I merely asked you to be patient and let CCP get on with whatever they're doing about it.

Why do YOU want to make such a big deal of CODE.s failure to appear in the Alliance Tournament? Do YOU have a vested interest in their punishment, or are YOU just rabble rousing?


In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#50 - 2014-08-20 13:27:44 UTC
It does figure that the NPC corp alt is the one trying to defend Riptard.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#51 - 2014-08-20 13:54:22 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
It does figure that the NPC corp alt is the one trying to defend Riptard.

Relevant to your post

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#52 - 2014-08-22 11:14:21 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Npc corp... check.


Proven cowards can hardly doubt others courage.
And talking of delusions of others is also something where you have to look at the guy in the mirror,

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#53 - 2014-08-22 11:32:53 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
You should


You wrote a lote about what i should do, when i told you, that you don't need to read the stuff if you don't like it.
Again you trail of like a codie to whine about Rippard Teg.
You said its inflammatory and i say no. Repeating dosn't help your argument.
Moreso you ignored the more important Fact, that it the number of kick-e1 People was obviosly bigger then the other number. This makes the contra-e1 people the majority and made your oppinion pro-e1 the minority. You don't like it?
Oh my!
You really should get over it, since e1 got banned, EvE hasn't got worse. This strange Themepark sorrows are just an attempt to scare other people. Further discussions wan't go anywhere since you made the code position into your own position.

I see you liked my "Oppinions" line, you even discoverd something obvious.
And you know whats a larynx is, nice, it wasn't an IQ test.

This thread has still a Question mark, which "oh my" makes it a question.

Do I have a reason for a code ban?
Yes, i have:
Banning a group of griefers, that kill 3 day old chars and brag about it, will not harm EvE. Considering they even try hard to directly force other gamers from EvE, this is "harrasment" in my oppinion, a bannable offense.
So yes please, ban them, anyway those guys have more ALTS than underwear, so i wan't be as harsh as people like you want make it to look.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Quinn Hatfield
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2014-08-22 12:07:13 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
Banning a group of griefers, that kill 3 day old chars and brag about it, will not harm EvE. Considering they even try hard to directly force other gamers from EvE, this is "harrasment" in my oppinion, a bannable offense.
Your opinion on this subject is irrelevant. CCP are the only people that get to define what griefing and harassment in Eve are, and they seem to disagree with you. Luckily for us, you don't work for them.

If you consider other players to be harassing or griefing people you can report them to CCP. If those players are guilty of harassment or griefing, as defined by CCP, not you, CCP will deal with them.

I don't burn bridges, I merely steal a bolt a day.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#55 - 2014-08-22 13:17:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
La Rynx wrote:
"Oppinions"


Please, for the love of god, STOP THAT.

IT IS SPELLED "OPINIONS"

/rant off

Listen forum alt, and allow me to explain something to you.

You are only entitled to your opinions in this community (not as a subscriber to CCP, but THIS community), if you have the guts to post with the toon you fly with. You are obviously worried that youll be harassed for your stance on ganking/CODE. activities.

Before you try to group me into any type of subculture here, please know I am not affiliated with CODE. in any way. I dont gank (although I have in the past for laughs when bored). They are allowed their game style just like anyone else, and the fact that you care so much about the actions they did/did not take for the Alliance Tournament is just plain strange. AT has no affect on the game aside from the special edition ships awarded to the winners. Did they make isk from throwing it? WHO CARES! Did they cheat? WHO CARES! Cheating and scamming is PART of the game.

I know, youll come up with some ridiculous response with misspelled words and capital letters in the middle of sentences, but nobody will care.

Why?

Because you are nobody. You are a forum alt. You have no voice here.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#56 - 2014-08-22 17:07:39 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Npc corp... check.


Proven cowards can hardly doubt others courage.
And talking of delusions of others is also something where you have to look at the guy in the mirror,

You do know that Solecist is far from a New Order supporter, right?

Right?

aw well, research is a lost art.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Solecist Project
#57 - 2014-08-22 18:02:12 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
La Rynx wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Npc corp... check.


Proven cowards can hardly doubt others courage.
And talking of delusions of others is also something where you have to look at the guy in the mirror,

You do know that Solecist is far from a New Order supporter, right?

Right?

*cough*

Hey I see you finally fixed the issue with the pose! :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Rhoadie
Evil Turtles
Chelonaphobia
#58 - 2014-08-22 18:37:13 UTC
Come on everyone who can be bothered to put a spy in code knows that code threw a temper tantrum / hissy fit and withdrew from the AT when the alliance tournament organisers informed them that the `enemies` in the tournament were not restricted to flying mining barges and transports and were allowed to shoot back ?

ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#59 - 2014-08-22 19:15:54 UTC
A trolling post has been removed.

Forum rule 5. Trolling is prohibited.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#60 - 2014-08-22 20:15:10 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
La Rynx wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Npc corp... check.


Proven cowards can hardly doubt others courage.
And talking of delusions of others is also something where you have to look at the guy in the mirror,

You do know that Solecist is far from a New Order supporter, right?

Right?

*cough*

Hey I see you finally fixed the issue with the pose! :D

Not sure what you mean.

You defy categorization and it drives me crazy. Can I hand you a cardboard box for you to sit in an a marker to write on it? =P

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!