These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Punishment for AT manipulation?

First post
Author
Don Purple
Snuggle Society
#61 - 2014-08-22 21:52:32 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
La Rynx wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Npc corp... check.


Proven cowards can hardly doubt others courage.
And talking of delusions of others is also something where you have to look at the guy in the mirror,

You do know that Solecist is far from a New Order supporter, right?

Right?

*cough*

Hey I see you finally fixed the issue with the pose! :D

Not sure what you mean.

You defy categorization and it drives me crazy. Can I hand you a cardboard box for you to sit in an a marker to write on it? =P

Use a Purple marker... bitches love purple...

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Solecist Project
#62 - 2014-08-22 22:02:46 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
You defy categorization and it drives me crazy. Can I hand you a cardboard box for you to sit in an a marker to write on it? =P
What?

Oh and yes, I do.
I transcend a lot of things. (:



Don Purple wrote:
Use a Purple marker... bitches love purple...

Agreed! <3

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2014-08-23 10:46:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Anal Canal wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:
When I was in minerbumping channel and heard that CODE was entering the AT.

I asked one thing and thing only.

"Please take this serious"

This is one of those tournament that I want to be part of one day. I don't want people to make a mockery out of it.


I wanted to help, but from my understanding April screwed me over quicker than (I had a rather funny joke but I felt it would be wrong to post so I felt self restraint and came up with this one instead) the opening of the Mets season.

I would have love to assist. From my understanding,...


That being said, how much for round two! I mean I am not any Glass Joe.

Regardless.
I can't be the same thing to you now, I'm just gone. Just gone.
How could I say goodbye Kane, how could I?
Just let them think that I am more a man than I am and I will be so.
Goodbye?

(Mixed metaphors)



The problem though is. It is one less group of people I now trust in the game to actually do as they say. Sine the gents in CODE confided in me they will not smear what AT stands for, that this to them is a Serious event.

I maybe just have a very different outlook compared to others on events like the AT.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#64 - 2014-08-24 06:15:04 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Anal Canal wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:
When I was in minerbumping channel and heard that CODE was entering the AT.

I asked one thing and thing only.

"Please take this serious"

This is one of those tournament that I want to be part of one day. I don't want people to make a mockery out of it.


I wanted to help, but from my understanding April screwed me over quicker than (I had a rather funny joke but I felt it would be wrong to post so I felt self restraint and came up with this one instead) the opening of the Mets season.

I would have love to assist. From my understanding,...


That being said, how much for round two! I mean I am not any Glass Joe.

Regardless.
I can't be the same thing to you now, I'm just gone. Just gone.
How could I say goodbye Kane, how could I?
Just let them think that I am more a man than I am and I will be so.
Goodbye?

(Mixed metaphors)



The problem though is. It is one less group of people I now trust in the game to actually do as they say. Sine the gents in CODE confided in me they will not smear what AT stands for, that this to them is a Serious event.

I maybe just have a very different outlook compared to others on events like the AT.

You aren't the only one.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Zappity
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2014-08-24 09:39:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
It was inflammatory, and an abuse of his position regardless of how you try to spin it. If he had gone through the correct channels, rather than publicly calling for the head of another player then the witch hunt he started would never have happened, neither would the controversy and threadnaught it caused, complete with threats of physical violence aimed at Erotica from some players, for which there was no justification.

I chuckle every time I see these continued attacks on Ripard Teg. You guys are obsessed with this topic, desperately trying to rewrite what actually occurred.

What occurred is simple. Ripard Teg brought attention to a topic that the vast majority had not been aware of. What you don't like is the fact that the vast majority of people agreed with him rather than you. Sure, he presented his argument in the manner he thought would most likely achieve his objective.

Stating that the manner of presentation entirely resulted in the manner of response is insulting since you are saying that everyone who disagrees with your point of view is so unintelligent that they are readily swayed by rhetoric. Which is clearly untrue since the vast majority of players just find the CODE and miner bumping rhetoric to be childish rather than convincing.

The most amusing part of this AT episode clearly shows that CODE has great difficulty separating in game from out of game, sonething which is hugely amusing considering their main defensive line. Deception and being untrustworthy in game is fine but AT management is not, strictly speaking, in game. CODE showed a blatant lack of respect for CCP, RvB, the viewers and the supporters. I doubt this was their intent. I think they are just confused about in game vs out of game.

But that shouldn't be a surprise since that is exactly what caused the Erotica1 behaviour.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#66 - 2014-08-24 11:15:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Zappity wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
It was inflammatory, and an abuse of his position regardless of how you try to spin it. If he had gone through the correct channels, rather than publicly calling for the head of another player then the witch hunt he started would never have happened, neither would the controversy and threadnaught it caused, complete with threats of physical violence aimed at Erotica from some players, for which there was no justification.

I chuckle every time I see these continued attacks on Ripard Teg. You guys are obsessed with this topic, desperately trying to rewrite what actually occurred.

What occurred is simple. Ripard Teg brought attention to a topic that the vast majority had not been aware of. What you don't like is the fact that the vast majority of people agreed with him rather than you. Sure, he presented his argument in the manner he thought would most likely achieve his objective.

Stating that the manner of presentation entirely resulted in the manner of response is insulting since you are saying that everyone who disagrees with your point of view is so unintelligent that they are readily swayed by rhetoric. Which is clearly untrue since the vast majority of players just find the CODE and miner bumping rhetoric to be childish rather than convincing.
I disagreed with Ripard Teg's methods, not his intentions. E1's antics were in bad taste, I've said so several times, both here and in the original threadnaught.

As for James and his band of gung-ho gankers, they may seem childish, their victims responses are childish for the most part.

Quote:
The most amusing part of this AT episode clearly shows that CODE has great difficulty separating in game from out of game, sonething which is hugely amusing considering their main defensive line. Deception and being untrustworthy in game is fine but AT management is not, strictly speaking, in game. CODE showed a blatant lack of respect for CCP, RvB, the viewers and the supporters. I doubt this was their intent. I think they are just confused about in game vs out of game.

But that shouldn't be a surprise since that is exactly what caused the Erotica1 behaviour.
I asked, a little tongue in cheek maybe, the OP to give CCP time to do what they had to do, rather than badgering them constantly like a small child asking "are we there yet" every 10 seconds. After all it's not the first time an alliance tournament team has bailed, if it was any other team I doubt this thread would have even started; which is why I called it a witch hunt.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#67 - 2014-08-24 11:35:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
Zappity wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
It was inflammatory, and an abuse of his position regardless of how you try to spin it. If he had gone through the correct channels, rather than publicly calling for the head of another player then the witch hunt he started would never have happened, neither would the controversy and threadnaught it caused, complete with threats of physical violence aimed at Erotica from some players, for which there was no justification.

I chuckle every time I see these continued attacks on Ripard Teg. You guys are obsessed with this topic, desperately trying to rewrite what actually occurred.

What occurred is simple. Ripard Teg brought attention to a topic that the vast majority had not been aware of. What you don't like is the fact that the vast majority of people agreed with him rather than you. Sure, he presented his argument in the manner he thought would most likely achieve his objective.

Stating that the manner of presentation entirely resulted in the manner of response is insulting since you are saying that everyone who disagrees with your point of view is so unintelligent that they are readily swayed by rhetoric. Which is clearly untrue since the vast majority of players just find the CODE and miner bumping rhetoric to be childish rather than convincing.

The most amusing part of this AT episode clearly shows that CODE has great difficulty separating in game from out of game, sonething which is hugely amusing considering their main defensive line. Deception and being untrustworthy in game is fine but AT management is not, strictly speaking, in game. CODE showed a blatant lack of respect for CCP, RvB, the viewers and the supporters. I doubt this was their intent. I think they are just confused about in game vs out of game.

But that shouldn't be a surprise since that is exactly what caused the Erotica1 behaviour.


Damnit Zappity, you made me get the keyboard attachment out. (Surface pro 3 is awesome, for anyone considering it.)

I dislike the Riptard not for his success in the Ero1 ban, but for setting a precedent. In a game like this, where scamming and cheating are considered fair gameplay styles, its one more brick on the road to themeparkville. He is a champion of the moronic. Why say that? Well, no matter what your opinion on Ero1, nobody made those IDIOTS stay in those chat rooms and humiliate themselves. If you are that dumb, you get what you deserve, and you deserve what you get.

I dont want to rewrite what happened, I want to keep my EvE dirty and mean.

To the topic, CODE has been banned from future AT events. Fair punishment, and in-line with what would happen to a real-world team should they follow the same actions.

....What is MOST amusing...

Is just how many people CARE about what CODE does.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Joey Spokes
ELUSH Rehab
#68 - 2014-08-24 13:22:24 UTC
Everyone knows the only reason code dropped out of the AT was because they realized last minute they would be fighting real pvpers.
Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
#69 - 2014-08-24 15:00:12 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
No one is entitled to an opinion.

Opinions are a granted right by those in power.

If suddenly your nation decides that they are not willing to grant you this right ...
... they will use weapons to make you realise that NO ONE is entitled to ANYTHING!
Please show me how your opinions matter in front of an execution squad.

You are spoiled, self righteous and full of yourself that you BELIEVE you are ...
... but that's all there is to it!

Reality... it will come and haunt you eventually....

I dont know dude, say what you will about the tenets of national socialism but at least its an ethos.

Tyyler DURden says "use soap"

Zappity
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2014-08-24 20:40:15 UTC
Good points well made.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Mike Adoulin
Hell House
Hell Dawn
#71 - 2014-08-25 04:57:41 UTC
Joey Spokes wrote:
Everyone knows the only reason code dropped out of the AT was because they realized last minute they would be fighting real pvpers.


Real PVPrs who paid them 200 billion ISK to throw the match....:)

Lol

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#72 - 2014-08-25 11:14:25 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Joey Spokes wrote:
Everyone knows the only reason code dropped out of the AT was because they realized last minute they would be fighting real pvpers.


Real PVPrs who paid them 200 billion ISK to throw the match....:)

Lol


I don't believe that even for a second.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#73 - 2014-08-25 12:15:04 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Joey Spokes wrote:
Everyone knows the only reason code dropped out of the AT was because they realized last minute they would be fighting real pvpers.


Real PVPrs who paid them 200 billion ISK to throw the match....:)

Lol

sauce ?
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#74 - 2014-08-25 19:27:39 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Leto Thule wrote:


Please, for the love of god, STOP THAT.

Cool
No!
Found Spelling Errors?
Keep them.

Leto Thule wrote:

but nobody will care.


You wish.
Dream on!
Of course the standard "you don't dare".
Ever considered my Alts are under some alliance doctrine?
Of course not.

However this ridiculous outbreak of yours has nothing to do with my question.
If you don't like something?
You were not requested or enforced to participate.

You don't like my op(pBig smile)inion?
Look how much i care!
Bear


BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:

You do know that Solecist is far from a New Order supporter, right?

Right?

I do know, so what?

codies are not the only people that have delusions.

Cannibal Kane wrote:
The problem though is. It is one less group of people I now trust in the game to actually do as they say.


Then Sir, you are a slow learner. Their Page is full of Betrayals to People that thought to be "close" to them.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2014-08-26 03:58:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
La Rynx wrote:


Cannibal Kane wrote:
The problem though is. It is one less group of people I now trust in the game to actually do as they say.


Then Sir, you are a slow learner. Their Page is full of Betrayals to People that thought to be "close" to them.


NPC Player... Even though your replies don't mean anything since you are just a NPC Player.

I did not say they betrayed me. I am with these guys in their channel and we get along well.

I am just disappointed they did not take AT seriously. We all know the 200bill thing is a farce, they just did not have the ability or people to field a team for AT.

You cannot have a team in AT if only 2 people think it is a good idea. Everybody needs to contribute in building a team. CODE is very good in organizing ganks. Unfortunately not so much anything else.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#76 - 2014-08-26 08:47:05 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Even though your replies don't mean anything since you are just a NPC Player.


Is that so?
Why bother to reply to my posts or threads started by me?
Bear
ad hominem attacks to lower the value of my points of discussion is a very obvious (kindergarden) tactic.

If you are so close, why are you so surprised? You could have known better. Why didn't you join the AT? I follow codies for a while (without beeing killed once by them) and there is nothing surpising.

Cannibal Kane wrote:

We all know the 200bill thing is a farce, they just did not have the ability or people to field a team for AT.

All excuses from codies are a farce. "they did just not have"
They knew that and they could have reacted to that. If they had communicated that to CCP there wouldn't be a permaban.

So they are good assembling coward fleets shooting barges but if it comes to fight people who know how to fight, there is noone to see.
I knew that. Now everyone nows that.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Sarah xCalibre
Pod Liberation Authority
Kingless.
#77 - 2014-08-27 13:12:06 UTC
Serious news.

If you truly believe the following....

1. NPC Corp players cant have a point ever in any single forum in eve and epecially not C&P, cause you are "just" npc players and therefore robots who know jack **** about anything especially pvp or eve politics.
2. There is only carebears in NPC corps.
3. NPC Corp players never have any alts at all.

...then you should probably biomass yourself.

You people should get over yourself, it doesnt matter what corp a player belongs to a valid point is still a valid Point and everyone is damn free to express themselves here, dont like it? Go somewhere else. If you cant discuss something with someones alt your probably cant discuss it with his main either, cause you know what? There is no difference other then you cant dec his corp for disagreeing with you.

The whole "Im better then you cause Im not in a NPC corp" **** gets old, real fast. Seems its just a bitter reply when a NPC corp player beats you in the braingames.
  • Sarah xCalibre
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#78 - 2014-08-27 13:21:32 UTC
Sarah xCalibre wrote:
Serious news.

If you truly believe the following....

1. NPC Corp players cant have a point ever in any single forum in eve and epecially not C&P, cause you are "just" npc players and therefore robots who know jack **** about anything especially pvp or eve politics.
2. There is only carebears in NPC corps.
3. NPC Corp players never have any alts at all.

...then you should probably biomass yourself.

You people should get over yourself, it doesnt matter what corp a player belongs to a valid point is still a valid Point and everyone is damn free to express themselves here, dont like it? Go somewhere else. If you cant discuss something with someones alt your probably cant discuss it with his main either, cause you know what? There is no difference other then you cant dec his corp for disagreeing with you.

The whole "Im better then you cause Im not in a NPC corp" **** gets old, real fast. Seems its just a bitter reply when a NPC corp player beats you in the braingames.


I am sorry, you dont seem to understand.

It is not the NPC corp that makes the point invalid, its the poster.

However, NPC corp posters are in fact, easily dismissed on these forums. Why? Because if you want your opinion to count, you should not be afraid to stand behind it. No matter the validity of your point, youll always be seen as trying to avoid being wardecced for your opinions.

Pay in gold. Your paper money buys nothing here.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Sarah xCalibre
Pod Liberation Authority
Kingless.
#79 - 2014-08-27 13:25:21 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
I am sorry, you dont seem to understand.

It is not the NPC corp that makes the point invalid, its the poster.


You do realize you said exactly what I said right? I didnt point to any particular person or post now did I?

  • Sarah xCalibre
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#80 - 2014-08-27 13:35:13 UTC
Sarah xCalibre wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
I am sorry, you dont seem to understand.

It is not the NPC corp that makes the point invalid, its the poster.


You do realize you said exactly what I said right? I didnt point to any particular person or post now did I?



And you didnt quote my whole post, you know, the part where I explain WHY nobody here listens to an NPC poster.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment