These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Punishment for AT manipulation?

First post
Author
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#21 - 2014-08-18 16:28:18 UTC
Logan PewPew wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
This is why, IRL, there is regulation of betting on competitions.

Remove the regulations, and you will find some cunning people that win bets in devious ways.



I'm not sure you understand what devious means...topical that's what is says on my vanity plate!

The eve-bet odds had their win odds at like 1.10 - so for every billion they put down they'd get....100mil?

Not to burst your bubble but this isn't how you make money fixing matches.
It is if you bet against yourself.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-08-19 13:10:06 UTC
Anyway!

I assumed this 200 Billion Story was just made up create some spin away from this EPIC FAIL. Following the sources i have CODE. dosn't stick to this 200 Billion ISK Story anymore.

Still:
If they *had* done this and boasted about in the all the forums, the Sponsors like EvE Bet would Adress CCP and CCP would have been forced to act. Even the whole Tournament would be in Question.

The difference to prior cases is, that the inflicted parties never confirmed that their fights where fixed. No hard evidence, no case. This time CODE. wanted to make believe they did it, before AT was over. You could not possibly ignore that.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#23 - 2014-08-19 14:18:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
La Rynx wrote:
Anyway!

I assumed this 200 Billion Story was just made up create some spin away from this EPIC FAIL. Following the sources i have CODE. dosn't stick to this 200 Billion ISK Story anymore.

Still:
If they *had* done this and boasted about in the all the forums, the Sponsors like EvE Bet would Adress CCP and CCP would have been forced to act. Even the whole Tournament would be in Question.

The difference to prior cases is, that the inflicted parties never confirmed that their fights where fixed. No hard evidence, no case. This time CODE. wanted to make believe they did it, before AT was over. You could not possibly ignore that.
Relevant

CCP will deal with it as they see fit, trying to start another Ripard Teg moral outrage style witchhunt on the forums is not doing anybody any favours.

Personally I'm a bit miffed, RvB vs CODE should have been an amusing matchup to watch.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Solecist Project
#24 - 2014-08-19 14:21:18 UTC
lol look at that failure who just keeps on failing.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2014-08-19 14:39:25 UTC
When I was in minerbumping channel and heard that CODE was entering the AT.

I asked one thing and thing only.

"Please take this serious"

This is one of those tournament that I want to be part of one day. I don't want people to make a mockery out of it.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-08-19 16:29:32 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
weitergehen...

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-08-19 16:30:20 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

CCP will deal with it as they see fit,


And i ask what that might be.

Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

trying to start another Ripard Teg moral outrage style witchhunt on the forums is not doing anybody any favours.


A witchhunt:
Accusing innocent woman of witchcraft.

This aint no witchhunt by far. Codies themself claim manipulating the AT, there goes the "innocence".

You too have a problem with Rippard Teg like the codies? You are a friend? Nice Pic i assume you are.
erotica1 was banned by CCP and a certain amount of people that thought different like you and the codies. Not Tegs Fault. But its codie treat to accuse RT for it. Ignoring that their group that thought e1 could stay is smaller than the group that thought e1 has to go.

I am talking buisiness, RL business, buisiness from Sponsors and CCP. Whats your problem, what kind of toy is it, that you are afraid of losing?

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#28 - 2014-08-19 17:42:19 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Personally I'm a bit miffed, RvB vs CODE should have been an amusing matchup to watch.

Totally agree with this.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#29 - 2014-08-19 17:46:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
La Rynx wrote:
A witchhunt:
Accusing innocent woman of witchcraft.
That's the traditional usage, these days it means the manipulation of public opinion by stirring up a moral panic. The McCarthyism in the US during the 1950's is the quintessential example of a modern day witch hunt.

Quote:
This aint no witchhunt by far. Codies themself claim manipulating the AT, there goes the "innocence".
Propaganda, look it up.

Quote:
You too have a problem with Rippard Teg like the codies? You are a friend?
I have a problem with the way he went about it, using his position as both a CSM member and a blogger of some repute to post an inflammatory rant was a gross misuse of his influence and position.

Quote:
Nice Pic i assume you are.
Wat™? How the hell is my portrait even halfway relevant to the topic at hand?

Quote:
erotica1 was banned by CCP and a certain amount of people that thought different like you and the codies. Not Tegs Fault. But its codie treat to accuse RT for it. Ignoring that their group that thought e1 could stay is smaller than the group that thought e1 has to go.

I am talking buisiness, RL business, buisiness from Sponsors and CCP. Whats your problem, what kind of toy is it, that you are afraid of losing?
Erotica was banned for taking a long standing practice too far, I categorically did not support what he did, only the right of people to relieve other people of their stuff ingame. Personally I found his implementation of it distasteful, and I'm on record as saying so.

Business is CCPs concern not mine, or yours. Pushing them to rush their judgement does no favours for anyone.

The only toy I'm afraid of losing is Eve, I don't want to see it turned into some themepark disguised as a sandbox. I don't like themeparks, therefore I don't play them; I play Eve instead.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-08-19 19:09:50 UTC
^^^^^^ +10 ^^^^^^^^^^

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Christopher Mabata
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#31 - 2014-08-19 19:20:07 UTC
honestly the best part of all of this is the massive amount of hate and bad blood it stirred up in seconds, its like dropping a frozen turkey into a vat of 400*F frying oil and watching it all spill out on the lawn right before it catches fire and burns the house down.

CODE. isn't the only team to have forfeited an alliance tournament match in EvE's history. I mean look at what happened when Hydra allegedly threw the last match against PL its the same stuff happening now except the oil was colder, it spilled out but didnt ignite. The reason the oil caught flame this time was simply because People dislike of CODE. for the work they do in highsec, there have been months of rage posts, anti-code groups, foul language, suicide ganks, and propaganda all leading up to this inevitable conclusion. And what did we get? We achieved the flash point.

You'll see the general outcry about CODE.'s actions continue for a month or two and then it will run out of fuel and reduce to a smolder again. and Come next years allaince tournament you'll probably see it heat up again, thats just the nature of people.

So go, continue spreading propaganda and hate, language and such alike but know that your only feeding into the desire for attention, every Post is another step to immortality for CODE. Its one of the alliances that even if it fails will never be forgotten simply because it left that much of a mark on New Eden. All your doing here is digging the footprint in deeper.

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#32 - 2014-08-19 20:47:35 UTC
The shiptoasting NPC wasn't getting enough attention in an existing threadnaught so he started his own?

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Anal Canal
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#33 - 2014-08-19 22:16:17 UTC
Please make sure that ISK is sent for round two. I am spacepoor and need the ISK to purchase skill books for something other than Cats.

(Clearly this is sardonic)

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#34 - 2014-08-20 00:07:28 UTC
Logan PewPew wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
This is why, IRL, there is regulation of betting on competitions.

Remove the regulations, and you will find some cunning people that win bets in devious ways.



I'm not sure you understand what devious means...topical that's what is says on my vanity plate!

The eve-bet odds had their win odds at like 1.10 - so for every billion they put down they'd get....100mil?

Not to burst your bubble but this isn't how you make money fixing matches.



Odds on a CODE. loss were not good. Odds on a CODE. 100-0 whelping were a bit better.

The betting market expected RVB to lose some ships in the round.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-08-20 04:13:59 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Logan PewPew wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
This is why, IRL, there is regulation of betting on competitions.

Remove the regulations, and you will find some cunning people that win bets in devious ways.



I'm not sure you understand what devious means...topical that's what is says on my vanity plate!

The eve-bet odds had their win odds at like 1.10 - so for every billion they put down they'd get....100mil?

Not to burst your bubble but this isn't how you make money fixing matches.



Odds on a CODE. loss were not good. Odds on a CODE. 100-0 whelping were a bit better.

The betting market expected RVB to lose some ships in the round.


Yeah.. I'm not sure I would go as far as to place CODE. anywhere near a 100-0 over RvB.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-08-20 08:07:05 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Wat™? How the hell is my portrait even halfway relevant to the topic at hand?

Nice try, this Pic might be an attempt to offend me (nope), one has to assume you want to say something. Am i wrong? Then i suggest you stop licking the spoon and delete the leading "s".
Blink

What you *are* saying is:

"Please let the poor codies alone, they have such a hard time at the moment"

Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Erotica was banned for taking a long standing practice too far, I categorically did not support what he did, only the right of people to relieve other people of their stuff ingame. Personally I found his implementation of it distasteful, and I'm on record as saying so.

Also you are like the codies closing the eyes to the fact that this happend to be in Teamspeak and was a massive abuse of EvE. EvE is a Sandbox as long as you stay in EvE. You leave the sandbox, common sense comes back.Also you say
"Well he took it to far, that happens" and you dont need any consequences?
CCP should have said "bad bad e1 don't do this agin..."
Somewhat soft for those wannabe hardcore guys.

Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

- Business is CCPs concern not mine,
- or yours.
- Pushing them to rush their judgement does no favours for anyone.


- So it does not concern you, thats alright.
- I *make* it my buisiness.
- You are just trying to quite me up. CODE. ist foolish enough to make everything public. So here i am.

Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

The only toy I'm afraid of losing is Eve, I don't want to see it turned into some themepark disguised as a sandbox. I don't like themeparks, therefore I don't play them; I play Eve instead.

Thats a common excuse for every major Mishapp in EvE.
Things happen to have consequence even and especially in EvE. Where else you can loose your equippment for real, virtual thousands of dollars value for a titankill.
But now for some hardheads, who have no problems kicking the weak and the beginners, you want to protect those?
Why ?
EvE doesn't die if some "ignorants" get thrown out. Also EvE is not here to please just *you*, its here to earn money for CCP by having a lot of customers and not some wimps that are driving newbies from the game. I hardly can imagine EvE turning into a theme park, but if some people push something to hard, rules will be set.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-08-20 08:13:03 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Odds on a CODE. loss were not good


Of course not.
Just tucking their tales between their legs and run as fast as possible, was not expected.
Against all Logic and knowing that codies act like cowards all the time, one thought they would take the chance and show to everyone, that they realy could fight.

Instead codies ran so fast, that one has to be afraid to catch the flue from the airflow.
Point proven, AT lost.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#38 - 2014-08-20 08:21:40 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Christopher Mabata wrote:
honestly the best part of all of this is the massive amount hate

Laughter man, Laughter not Hate.
One cannot hate anymore when laughing tears stream down your face.
Big smile

Christopher Mabata wrote:

So go, continue spreading propaganda and hate,

Oh My!
How Bad!

Like CODE. spreading hate and propaganda against miners and "carebears"?
But CODE. propaganda is good and this is bad...

I am not spreading hate, i am spreading Fun!
Twisted

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#39 - 2014-08-20 09:08:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
La Rynx wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Wat™? How the hell is my portrait even halfway relevant to the topic at hand?

Nice try, this Pic might be an attempt to offend me (nope), one has to assume you want to say something. Am i wrong? Then i suggest you stop licking the spoon and delete the leading "s".
Blink

What you *are* saying is:

"Please let the poor codies alone, they have such a hard time at the moment"
How about

  1. You learn to read
  2. Do it without filtering it through your Dinsdale™ brand reading glasses
  3. Stop trying to put words into my mouth

I asked what relevance my portrait has on the discussion at hand, not whether or not it may offend you and not for you to post more codswallop that is totally unrelated to the question I asked.

So once again, what relevance does my portrait have to the topic at hand?

Quote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Erotica was banned for taking a long standing practice too far, I categorically did not support what he did, only the right of people to relieve other people of their stuff ingame. Personally I found his implementation of it distasteful, and I'm on record as saying so.

Also you are like the codies closing the eyes to the fact that this happend to be in Teamspeak and was a massive abuse of EvE. EvE is a Sandbox as long as you stay in EvE. You leave the sandbox, common sense comes back.Also you say
"Well he took it to far, that happens" and you dont need any consequences?
CCP should have said "bad bad e1 don't do this agin..."
Somewhat soft for those wannabe hardcore guys.
Which part of the snippet you quoted did you have trouble understanding? Teamspeak is a common medium for relieving people of their stuff, mainly because Eve Voice sucks.

I have no problem with the consequences for Erotica that CCP put in place, I never said otherwise. You reading stuff into my post that blatantly isn't there is your problem not mine.

I do have a problem with the way that a CSM member and blogger of repute went about bringing Erotica's actions to the attention of CCP. Using his position to post an inflammatory rant, and to push his own agenda was a gross misuse of his influence and position.

Quote:
- So it does not concern you, thats alright.
- I *make* it my buisiness.
- You are just trying to quite me up. CODE. ist foolish enough to make everything public. So here i am.
The only time that CCPs business practices are of any concern to me is when they categorically screw up (Incarna), or they are of detriment to the game, either through someone deceiving them (Somer) or just plain arrogance ($1000 pants). In those circumstances I make my opinion and point of view known.

I'm not trying to shut you up, I'm asking you to show some patience. If CCP decide to punish CODE for throwing the tournament, then so be it, if they don't, then so be it. You "making" this your business should have no effect on what CCP do, it's not particularly important in the grand scheme of things, neither are you.

Continued below.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#40 - 2014-08-20 09:09:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Continued from above
Quote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

The only toy I'm afraid of losing is Eve, I don't want to see it turned into some themepark disguised as a sandbox. I don't like themeparks, therefore I don't play them; I play Eve instead.

Thats a common excuse for every major Mishapp in EvE.
It's not a common excuse, it's a common worry, there are constant attempts by people to turn Eve into WoW in space by way of calling for nerfs to anything that means they can't play without interference from others.
Quote:
Things happen to have consequence even and especially in EvE. Where else you can loose your equippment for real, virtual thousands of dollars value for a titankill.
I'm well aware of this, it's one of the reasons I play Eve.

Quote:
But now for some hardheads, who have no problems kicking the weak and the beginners, you want to protect those?
Why ?
Who am I protecting? Since when did beginners fly freighters?
Eve is a full time PvP environment, ergo hitting the undock button is consenting to PvP, if you're dumb enough to AFK anything in such an environment then you deserve to explode.

Quote:
EvE doesn't die if some "ignorants" get thrown out. Also EvE is not here to please just *you*, its here to earn money for CCP by having a lot of customers and not some wimps that are driving newbies from the game. I hardly can imagine EvE turning into a theme park, but if some people push something to hard, rules will be set.
You're right Eve doesn't die if "ignorants" leave, it grows. Ignorants being the people who can't accept Eve for what it is and try to change it into something that it is not.

Ganking, scamming and all the other stuff that other MMOs ban you for are part of Eve, remove them and you remove one of the key elements that makes Eve different, and subjectively better than it's competition.

CCP know that they have a niche game, which is probably why it's outlasted most of the mainstream ones that try to be WoW v2.0. It's older than WoW too, and it's remained successful because it doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator.

It's not aimed at the mass market, it's aimed at a very specific subset of gamers.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack