These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.1] Capital Turret Tracking Changes in Conjunction with Heat Iteration

First post First post
Author
Le'Mon Tichim
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#81 - 2014-01-16 19:22:25 UTC
Joran Jackson wrote:
There has got to be a better way to balance overheating than this ham-fisted swipe at capital turrets.

Like maybe make tracking computers unable to overheat? Like sebos?

Can you hear them? They are calling to us. It is beautiful. http://thegreattichim.wordpress.com/

Rammix
TheMurk
#82 - 2014-01-16 19:24:47 UTC
Sorry, I just have to post this. Can't resist.
[SARCASM]
Dreads are so powerful and have such high tracking that they instakill everything no matter moving or standing still. You jump through a gate, and there is a DreaD waiting. And you know you're done, your interceptor will be instakilled, even your pod is hopeless and you're gonna awaken in a station a moment later. OMFG so high tracking they have those dreads, NERF DA DREAADD'zz'z' TRACKING.
[/SARCASM]

OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, wine >1.9

Covert cyno in highsec: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296129&find=unread

iskflakes
#83 - 2014-01-16 19:29:40 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Please explain yourself. This change makes no sense at all. Do you even play Eve? Have you ever used a dread or Titan?

The issue is that the capital guns have been balanced around a single role, tracking dreads, when in reality they serve three roles (tracking dreads, PVE dreads, and titans/close range dreads). While this change makes sense for tracking dreads, which overheat to get the tracking back, it hurts titans and close range dreads which need to shoot for extended periods of time and PVE dreads which never overheat.

This could be avoided increasing the size of sleeper rats to offset the loss of tracking on PVE dreads and separating titan and dread guns so they can be balanced separately.

-

Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#84 - 2014-01-16 19:32:29 UTC
FROM ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW:

Since, you are CURRENTLY making overheating changes to target painters and certain EW mods that did not have overheating before, WHY are you nerfing the tracking of capital turrets specifically and not NERFING THE BASE STATS OF TRACKING COMPUTERS.

I mean, why are capital turrets and tracking computers special? Why not just change the base stats on the computers themselves, if you really want to keep heated tracking computers from being OP with capitals?

interesangt
Perkone
Caldari State
#85 - 2014-01-16 19:38:49 UTC
Well,this makes sense when looking at all the other changes..

Welcome to frigatte online.
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#86 - 2014-01-16 20:04:49 UTC
Are dreads really a problem atm? What metrics are you using to support this nerf, if you don't mind my asking?
Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#87 - 2014-01-16 20:11:13 UTC
Scarlet Thellere wrote:
What are they suppose to track after changes?! Stations?

Pretty sure dreads are supposed to shoot other capitals or sov structures.

Not blap sleepers in wh and subcaps in 0.0
DRGaius Baltar
Perkone
Caldari State
#88 - 2014-01-16 20:21:33 UTC
Leigh Akiga wrote:
Scarlet Thellere wrote:
What are they suppose to track after changes?! Stations?

Pretty sure dreads are supposed to shoot other capitals or sov structures.

Not blap sleepers in wh and subcaps in 0.0

Right...........because "Dreads" are the reason why "subcaps" are drowning in a pool of Napalm....
Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#89 - 2014-01-16 20:25:05 UTC
The new dread meta consists of firing sieged dreads out of POS shields. They don't need guns anymore.
Jarsur
Broski North
#90 - 2014-01-16 20:27:53 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
What a terrible idea.

Why don't you at least make it so there is some sort of bonus. A possible 1.5% increase over current with two T2 TC's that are overheated?

What a joke. You clearly realize that overheating can't be sustained for over a minute right? Guess what, fights where you use dreads that need tracking (i.e. dropping them on BS fleets) last significantly longer than one minute.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal
ZombieKillerKatie
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2014-01-16 20:29:11 UTC
This is a joke right? You clearly don't care about what paying customers are telling you. I think you guys are just out to see how much you can **** people off while they continue to pay the subscription fees. In addition all these changes as a sum and the changes planned for the future seem to only benefit the Goons. I'm done giving you guys my hard earned . Plenty of other games in the pipe that will require an upgrade for my rig. So I think I'll just unsub both accounts and stop spending money on plex. And now I'll have the cash for said upgrades. Thanks you've made it an easy desition.
Bryperium
xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
#92 - 2014-01-16 20:29:23 UTC
What do you have against close range dreads?

They only work well under very specific circumstances right now, I doubt an overloaded 6% increase in potential tracking would truly help them that much considering their range of potential targets would remain about the same..

Though I don't think this will affect titans much, From what I remember an Avatar cannot hit an Abaddon even if both ships are sitting @ 0 M/S.

-

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2014-01-16 20:30:10 UTC
I will say that this announcement has made me adjust my traning queue towards a Panther instead of a Naglfar.
commander aze
#94 - 2014-01-16 20:32:05 UTC
Frantico wrote:
Oh joy making my titan even more ****. will i even be able to track a station now ?

Just don't move then maybe :)

Commander Aze For CSM XII

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=506400

Support the Community #Broadcast4Reps

Deedrix Dako
Somali Sailors
#95 - 2014-01-16 20:33:28 UTC
In what world do capital guns need to nerfed? As if the possibility of overheating tracking comps even remotely make up for this...

Has CCP ever actually even used capital guns..?
Bakuhz
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#96 - 2014-01-16 20:34:58 UTC
thorgil wrote:
it's time to eat drop. Tons of drop.

and there problem solved a cheap synt drop will give 3% ish so bye bye nerf

https://zkillboard.com/character/584042527/

DRGaius Baltar
Perkone
Caldari State
#97 - 2014-01-16 20:36:56 UTC
Bryperium wrote:
What do you have against close range dreads?

They only work well under very specific circumstances right now, I doubt an overloaded 6% increase in potential tracking would truly help them that much considering their range of potential targets would remain about the same..

Though I don't think this will affect titans much, From what I remember an Avatar cannot hit an Abaddon even if both ships are sitting @ 0 M/S.

Even using Rapiers/or Loki's as web support for BLAPING, their not even that OP. So what dafuq?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#98 - 2014-01-16 20:39:01 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
I really don't think this is necessary.

The only effect this will have is that alliances will now require their dread pilots to train more drug skills so that they can use standard/strong drop and ignore the nerf entirely.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#99 - 2014-01-16 20:40:36 UTC
Bakuhz wrote:
thorgil wrote:
it's time to eat drop. Tons of drop.

and there problem solved a cheap synt drop will give 3% ish so bye bye nerf

Are you implying that tracking dreads didn't already use drop?

Clearly, the solution is to just have dozens of spare TCs in your cargohold, and just refit the burnt out ones over the course of the battle Roll
Antoine Jordan
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2014-01-16 20:41:07 UTC
Finally the dread nerf that all my fellow GOONOOBS have been crying for! Thank you Fozzie for listening to the mountains upon mountains of posts (never mind that I can't find them right now, I'm sure they're around here somewhere) calling for the nerfing of dreads!