These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

sick of plex prices

Author
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#121 - 2011-11-01 07:50:13 UTC
Levija Saplina wrote:
Thorn Galen wrote:
Working as intended. Keep posting.


Thank you for making this better than I had intended.


It is my pleasure. Please deposit another 100Mill ISK into my wallet. Lol
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#122 - 2011-11-01 08:04:14 UTC
The PLEX is a lie.

... and you all fell for it.
Cunane Jeran
#123 - 2011-11-01 08:30:17 UTC
Quote:
Power of 2 special offer returns!
The Power of 2 special offer is back! From now and until November 28, 2011, you will be able to create a new account and get 180 days of game time for the price of either 49,95 or 3 PLEX on this new account. In addition to that, your character on the new account will receive a free Cerebral Accelerator.

To use the Power of 2 offer, please visit the EVE Online Account Management page.


I know many people taking this offer up at the moment using Plex. May have something to do with the current prices.

But its basic supply and demand, not enough people buying GTC's and converting for the current demand. A good, large scale war will bring the price back down as PvPer's need the ISK, it's all a little too peaceful at the moment.

As for letting your alts go idle, fantastic less demand.
Naran Eto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#124 - 2011-11-01 09:57:47 UTC
It's pretty simple really for those of you who don't like the prices, don't buy them, if enough people refuse to pay the price then the prices will have to drop. The seller may set the price, but the buyer has the power to control that price, just not enough people stepping back and saying no atm so the prices keep going up.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#125 - 2011-11-01 10:44:36 UTC
Levija Saplina wrote:
this is ridiculous.

so i am going to let two of my accounts go unsubed.

do something CCP.

who are you again? Shocked

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

MEDWAY
#126 - 2011-11-01 13:49:37 UTC
Yer sort out the plexs prices lets have cheap plex for everyone!!!!!!!

Enough is enough

CAP at say 350mill should be just nice Twisted


oh and while your at it for peeps with more than one account let them pay less too "LMFAO"
Madam Steele
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#127 - 2011-11-01 13:50:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Madam Steele
Am I missing something here (prices listed are just approximations for this example)?

1) Player buys Plex. Another player pays sub with RL money: $19 + $15 = +$34 to CCP revenue stream

or

2) Player buys Plex. Another player pays sub with Plex: $19 + $0 = +$19 to CCP revenue stream

+$34 definitely seems better for CCP than +$19.



You see, just because a Plex is bought does not mean it is immediately cancelled by someone using it to pay a sub. A player buying a Plex and another using it does pay a sub but it eliminates additional profit given to CCP had that second player paid his sub with RL money. The surplus Plex (supply > demand) is the Plex which is hoarded or seen on the game market for sale. That surplus Plex is free money to CCP. Already paid for but not yet sacrificed to pay someone's sub.

And another thing...

If more end up using Plex to pay subs than the number of players buying Plex, that Plex surplus goes away and then players will be forced to sub with RL money.

(Quantity of Plex bought for RL cash) / (Quantity of Plex used to pay subs ingame)
Greater than 1:1 works well... the higher the ratio the more the supply and lower the Plex cost ingame.
Closer to 1:1 then Plex demand rises and ingame Plex cost rises.
< 1:1 We have a problem

CCP running Plex promotions is their way of increasing the ratio (supply:demand) and therefore lowering Plex prices ingame.
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#128 - 2011-11-01 14:14:09 UTC
Madam Steele wrote:
Am I missing something here (prices listed are just approximations for this example)?

1) Player buys Plex. Another player pays sub with RL money: $19 + $15 = +$34 to CCP revenue stream

or

2) Player buys Plex. Another player pays sub with Plex: $19 + $0 = +$19 to CCP revenue stream

+$34 definitely seems better for CCP than +$19.



You see, just because a Plex is bought does not mean it is immediately cancelled by someone using it to pay a sub. A player buying a Plex and another using it does pay a sub but it eliminates additional profit given to CCP had that second player paid his sub with RL money. The surplus Plex (supply > demand) is the Plex which is hoarded or seen on the game market for sale. That surplus Plex is free money to CCP. Already paid for but not yet sacrificed to pay someone's sub.

And another thing...

If more end up using Plex to pay subs than the number of players buying Plex, that Plex surplus goes away and then players will be forced to sub with RL money.

(Quantity of Plex bought for RL cash) / (Quantity of Plex used to pay subs ingame)
Greater than 1:1 works well... the higher the ratio the more the supply and lower the Plex cost ingame.
Closer to 1:1 then Plex demand rises and ingame Plex cost rises.
< 1:1 We have a problem



Your math is severly broken.

Player buys plex (or GTC), money paid to CCP.

Player, any player, uses a plex to pay for subscribtion or any other service that can be paid with real money. CCP goes +/- 0 since they've already got paid for that service.

Player uses said plex to buy monocles or sexy boots, CCP gains money by removing a potentional prepaid sub from the game.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Sadron
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#129 - 2011-11-01 15:37:12 UTC
And then CCP asks why there is so much RMT and Botting.

What happened CCP what was so proud that eve is unique of it kind. As with it is one game where you can play it without any RL money ...

True this thing is going up as we speak and in 6 months time we look PLEX as around 600mil isk.
Ofc it is not hard money to make in 0.0 and it maybe will push more people into there from high and low sec. And thats what CCP wants. So in real way CCP does not care.

Like some told on up. Get used to it , PLEX value will drop and this game is not any more free to play.
Time to grab your credit cards out and start using RL money.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#130 - 2011-11-01 15:50:48 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
PLEX for gametime is negatively affecting CCP's cashflow.

Here's a simplistic scenario :-

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.
You who have billions of ISK buy the PLEX for 400Million ISK
You buy more.
And more.
You use a PLEX to fund an account, however many you may have, 1 or 20, does not matter.
You do not pay $20 to sub for a couple of months, not ever.
Say 50,000 accounts on the system.
10,000 are paying hard cash for subs
5,000 are paying hard cash for PLEX
There's a defecit of real money, real money not going to CCP.
Funding an account by buying and using ingame PLEX is a loss for CCP.

CCP is bleeding badly because of PLEX for subs.




I have to smoke a lot of pot to get that stupid, you get it for "free". And people liked it too. At least you have someone to pass to.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Shadowsword
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2011-11-01 16:00:59 UTC
Big Bad Mofo wrote:

I dont understand the sandbox thing here, they are not player made items. All it takes is one person to stop being greedy sell them a bit cheaper and the prices will come down.


You actually caused me to laugh out loud.


Since this just put me in a good mood, I won't flame you, tought you deserve it.


Here's an example of how it works:
- Plex are selling for 450M.
- Player A put a Plex on sale at 350M, since he's not "greedy".
- Player B see it, buy it, and put it for sale again at 450M.
- The plex is sold, player B has made 99M margin without effort, just because player A is an frigging idiot.
- Player C, seeing that one plex got sold at 450, put another plex to sale at 450M.
Did the price of plex came down? No.



In a free market, the one who choose the price is the customer, not the seller.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#132 - 2011-11-01 16:34:18 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:

If you're grinding 10 hours to save 15$, you're working at 1/10 of minimum wage.


This is a good enough point to bear repeating. If you don't enjoy the process of making ISK, then paying ISK for PLEX is a god-awful way to make money. You're literally better off begging.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Levija Saplina
Ken Interplanetary Communication
#133 - 2011-11-01 19:54:40 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Levija Saplina wrote:
this is ridiculous.

so i am going to let two of my accounts go unsubed.

do something CCP.

who are you again? Shocked


Compliment returned.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#134 - 2011-11-01 20:07:05 UTC
Of course people could be looking at this entirely the wrong way around.

An oversupply of ISK would result in too much ISK chasing limited amounts of PLEX, and push the price of PLEX (and everything else) up. However a shortage of PLEX would do the same. I look at how much CCP has been trying to advertise PLEX "specials", and the volumes of PLEX traded over the past 6 months, and I wonder if it's not a shortage of PLEX we are seeing. Volume seems to be lower of late.
Ramacliv
Ramacliv's IRA
#135 - 2011-11-01 20:33:07 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
PLEX for gametime is negatively affecting CCP's cashflow.

Here's a simplistic scenario :-

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.
You who have billions of ISK buy the PLEX for 400Million ISK
You buy more.
And more.
You use a PLEX to fund an account, however many you may have, 1 or 20, does not matter.
You do not pay $20 to sub for a couple of months, not ever.
Say 50,000 accounts on the system.
10,000 are paying hard cash for subs
5,000 are paying hard cash for PLEX
There's a defecit of real money, real money not going to CCP.
Funding an account by buying and using ingame PLEX is a loss for CCP.

CCP is bleeding badly because of PLEX for subs.



This is all wrong. Plexes cost more real money than 1 month subscriptions. It matters not who pays for the month because the same number of accounts means the same amount per month comes in. Or at least in theory. The facts are CCP is making less per month because of lost monthly subscriptions and the fact plexes sold on the market today were purchased months ago. Eventually what will happen is in game numbers of plexes will drop and out comes the real money because folks figure they can make a fortune in ISK and buy a bunch. In the mean time many plexers will be forced into paying monthly so CCP will be back in the black while in game plex prices will drop drastically. In other words while CCP may be strapped now the rise of in game Plex prices is what they want to happen it will only benefit them in the long run.
David Grogan
NerdHerd
#136 - 2011-11-01 20:35:23 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
[

no they are not... plex has to be bought by other players......

pvp player buys a gtc converts to 2x plex.... adds 1x to his ac for 30 days time and sell other plex to pve player to buy new pew pew ships.
pvp repeats this every month


CCP still gets $34.99 per month (instead of $34.99 every 60 days) and two accounts stay active for 30 days instead of one for 60 days.

It balances itself out

CCP do not seed the market with plex.... only players do.


PLEX are bought for real cash by subscribers.
This PLEX then is sold on the market or used for game time, the latter probably being the least popular option.

*cough* "pvp player" ?
Try industrialists/Miners/PI
Trying to make it like it's "pvp" players who are the good guys in the equation is flawed.
You're skipping over the fact that the main people who are making the really big ISK ingame are the old and established players and mostly owners of large Corporations.
Pvp player use their eaily earned ISK to buy PLEX ingame. Never pays cash for subs.

There is zero balance, that's a dream, a quick way out.
[/quote]

you completely missed my point... try re reading my previous post

PVP players (who tend not to do much PVE) buy plex to sell for isk so they can buy more PVP ships and fittings

PVE players make loads of isk and buy plex for isk FROM pvp players


PVE = ratting/mission running/mining/trading/industry/pi

PVP = scamming/piracy/theft/war decs/ and general fighting (blob or solo) with other players.

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.

ASadOldGit
School of Applied Knowledge
#137 - 2011-11-02 01:12:53 UTC
Shadowsword wrote:

...
Here's an example of how it works:
- Plex are selling for 450M.
- Player A put a Plex on sale at 350M, since he's not "greedy".
- Player B see it, buy it, and put it for sale again at 450M.
- The plex is sold, player B has made 99M margin without effort, just because player A is an frigging idiot.
- Player C, seeing that one plex got sold at 450, put another plex to sale at 450M.
Did the price of plex came down? No.
...


And I'm Player C. Just bought 6 PLEX; 1 will be game-time for my alt, the rest I'll sell on the market (placed 1 already, coincidentally around 450M, from memory). I'll watch the market closely, and trickle the others into it as appropriate.

You people may be able to find these revered "ISK faucets", but they seem to all cloak up whenever I enter a system Sad, so I'm relying on selling PLEX until I find them.

Feel free to get the average price of PLEX up to, say, 600M? I'm sure some of us (ISK-) poor ppl won't mind.

This signature intentionally left blank for you to fill in at your leisure.

Iluminat
Sharp Dressed Man
#138 - 2011-11-02 10:29:44 UTC
Plex prices are high because of bots and the people who use bots dont care to pay much for plex.
Jokerface666
Intergalactic Expeditionary Corp
#139 - 2011-11-02 10:33:10 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
PLEX for gametime is negatively affecting CCP's cashflow.

Here's a simplistic scenario :-

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.
You who have billions of ISK buy the PLEX for 400Million ISK
You buy more.
And more.
You use a PLEX to fund an account, however many you may have, 1 or 20, does not matter.
You do not pay $20 to sub for a couple of months, not ever.
Say 50,000 accounts on the system.
10,000 are paying hard cash for subs
5,000 are paying hard cash for PLEX
There's a defecit of real money, real money not going to CCP.
Funding an account by buying and using ingame PLEX is a loss for CCP.

CCP is bleeding badly because of PLEX for subs.




Sir you are dumb... what do you think that thoose PLEXes are appearing from nowhere???
Someone buys 2 PLEX and payes 30 €, uses one for his account, and sells one on the market.
CCP got 30 €
PLEX works on the principle that someone else is paying for your account if you are using PLEX for ISK.
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#140 - 2011-11-02 10:35:38 UTC
Just looked at PLEX price history earlier today, and damn it looks like now would be a good time to spend some real life money on them.

I can fully understand those that complain because they are grinding something to earn ISK, to afford PLEX, to extend their subscriptions. And I think you guys that manage to play EVE for free do a great job, don't think I'll ever will be able to..

Guess perhaps that guy in that other thread knew something. Lol