These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

sick of plex prices

Author
Levija Saplina
Ken Interplanetary Communication
#1 - 2011-10-31 12:25:37 UTC
this is ridiculous.

so i am going to let two of my accounts go unsubed.

do something CCP.
Twisted Alice
Doomheim
#2 - 2011-10-31 12:28:21 UTC
Levija Saplina wrote:
this is ridiculous.

so i am going to let two of my accounts go unsubed.

do something CCP.




If CCP interfere they're ruining the so called sandbox.


It's just market forces at work, let them work.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#3 - 2011-10-31 12:28:29 UTC
Hnnnnnhhhh.......
My eyes.......
My brain.......

Quick! hand me the bandages!

What ?.......plex....prices......

YOU WIN!!
10/10 on the T-Scale.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#4 - 2011-10-31 12:29:04 UTC
They are doing something. It just takes a while to have an impact… if it works…
Karl Planck
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-10-31 12:36:20 UTC
Tippia wrote:
They are doing something. It just takes a while to have an impact… if it works…


what is this thing that they are doing? I am curious.

I has all the eve inactivity

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#6 - 2011-10-31 12:37:03 UTC
PLEX for gametime is negatively affecting CCP's cashflow.

Here's a simplistic scenario :-

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.
You who have billions of ISK buy the PLEX for 400Million ISK
You buy more.
And more.
You use a PLEX to fund an account, however many you may have, 1 or 20, does not matter.
You do not pay $20 to sub for a couple of months, not ever.
Say 50,000 accounts on the system.
10,000 are paying hard cash for subs
5,000 are paying hard cash for PLEX
There's a defecit of real money, real money not going to CCP.
Funding an account by buying and using ingame PLEX is a loss for CCP.

CCP is bleeding badly because of PLEX for subs.


Hexus Draidin
Intersteller Masons
#7 - 2011-10-31 12:38:51 UTC
You have to pay for Eve one way or another or you can't play. It's just a fact. Whining about PLEX prices isn't going to make them go down. Also, I doubt CCP is particularly sympathetic to the cause of you not paying real money to play and more concerned with the deficit of people paying real monies to sell PLEX.

I'm sure people will be buying plenty of PLEX with real monies when the winter expansion comes out. Until then, mine, mission and complex your butt off or let your extra accounts go.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym 

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#8 - 2011-10-31 12:39:49 UTC
If your mad about plex prices now imagine if the NEX store was actually a success.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Karl Planck
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-10-31 12:39:53 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
PLEX for gametime is negatively affecting CCP's cashflow.

Here's a simplistic scenario :-

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.
You who have billions of ISK buy the PLEX for 400Million ISK
You buy more.
And more.
You use a PLEX to fund an account, however many you may have, 1 or 20, does not matter.
You do not pay $20 to sub for a couple of months, not ever.
Say 50,000 accounts on the system.
10,000 are paying hard cash for subs
5,000 are paying hard cash for PLEX
There's a defecit of real money, real money not going to CCP.
Funding an account by buying and using ingame PLEX is a loss for CCP.

CCP is bleeding badly because of PLEX for subs.




SIR, your argument is flawed. Try that again

I has all the eve inactivity

David Grogan
NerdHerd
#10 - 2011-10-31 12:42:13 UTC  |  Edited by: David Grogan
Thorn Galen wrote:
PLEX for gametime is negatively affecting CCP's cashflow.

Here's a simplistic scenario :-

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.
You who have billions of ISK buy the PLEX for 400Million ISK
You buy more.
And more.
You use a PLEX to fund an account, however many you may have, 1 or 20, does not matter.
You do not pay $20 to sub for a couple of months, not ever.
Say 50,000 accounts on the system.
10,000 are paying hard cash for subs
5,000 are paying hard cash for PLEX
There's a defecit of real money, real money not going to CCP.
Funding an account by buying and using ingame PLEX is a loss for CCP.

CCP is bleeding badly because of PLEX for subs.




no they are not... plex has to be bought by other players......

pvp player buys a gtc converts to 2x plex.... adds 1x to his ac for 30 days time and sell other plex to pve player to buy new pew pew ships.
pvp repeats this every month


CCP still gets $34.99 per month (instead of $34.99 every 60 days) and two accounts stay active for 30 days instead of one for 60 days.

It balances itself out

CCP do not seed the market with plex.... only players do.

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.

Ender Black
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2011-10-31 12:48:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Ender Black
Thorn Galen wrote:
PLEX for gametime is negatively affecting CCP's cashflow.

Here's a simplistic scenario :-

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.
You who have billions of ISK buy the PLEX for 400Million ISK
You buy more.
And more.
You use a PLEX to fund an account, however many you may have, 1 or 20, does not matter.
You do not pay $20 to sub for a couple of months, not ever.
Say 50,000 accounts on the system.
10,000 are paying hard cash for subs
5,000 are paying hard cash for PLEX
There's a defecit of real money, real money not going to CCP.
Funding an account by buying and using ingame PLEX is a loss for CCP.

CCP is bleeding badly because of PLEX for subs.




Do you always fail at life? How hard is it to understand this mechanic of exchanging time for money? CCP still gets the same amount of revenue...actually they probably benefit from more subscribers because they allow us that basic exchange.

Subscriber X is handicapped and can't work therefore not having much left over cash. He does have time to grind missions or incursions with friends. Subscriber Y is a 45-60 hour a week worker who doesn't have much time to earn ISK to pay for his play style. Subscriber X purchases game time from Subscriber Y using ISK as the currency. Where does CCP not get money in this?

The Pod Goo Podcast http://www.podgoo.com

Pod Goo also publishes editorials, guest blogs, and guides for free.  Just email ender@podgoo.com your material.

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#12 - 2011-10-31 12:50:02 UTC
David Grogan wrote:
Thorn Galen wrote:
PLEX for gametime is negatively affecting CCP's cashflow.

Here's a simplistic scenario :-

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.
You who have billions of ISK buy the PLEX for 400Million ISK
You buy more.
And more.
You use a PLEX to fund an account, however many you may have, 1 or 20, does not matter.
You do not pay $20 to sub for a couple of months, not ever.
Say 50,000 accounts on the system.
10,000 are paying hard cash for subs
5,000 are paying hard cash for PLEX
There's a defecit of real money, real money not going to CCP.
Funding an account by buying and using ingame PLEX is a loss for CCP.

CCP is bleeding badly because of PLEX for subs.




no they are not... plex has to be bought by other players......

pvp player buys a gtc converts to 2x plex.... adds 1x to his ac for 30 days time and sell other plex to pve player to buy new pew pew ships.
pvp repeats this every month


CCP still gets $34.99 per month (instead of $34.99 every 60 days) and two accounts stay active for 30 days instead of one for 60 days.

It balances itself out

CCP do not seed the market with plex.... only players do.


PLEX are bought for real cash by subscribers.
This PLEX then is sold on the market or used for game time, the latter probably being the least popular option.

*cough* "pvp player" ?
Try industrialists/Miners/PI
Trying to make it like it's "pvp" players who are the good guys in the equation is flawed.
You're skipping over the fact that the main people who are making the really big ISK ingame are the old and established players and mostly owners of large Corporations.
Pvp player use their eaily earned ISK to buy PLEX ingame. Never pays cash for subs.

There is zero balance, that's a dream, a quick way out.
Twisted Alice
Doomheim
#13 - 2011-10-31 12:53:29 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.




Where do you buy your PLEX from?



Not looked resently but 2 PLEX used to cost more than 2 months of subscriptions.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#14 - 2011-10-31 12:55:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Karl Planck wrote:
what is this thing that they are doing? I am curious.
Haven't you noticed the ads for “great PLEX deals”?
Thorn Galen wrote:
Here's ansimplisticincorrect scenario :-

I Spend $10 for a PLEX on the site.
[…]
You do not pay $20 to sub for a couple of months, not ever.
Let's do that one right, shall we?

1. I spend $17–$20 for a PLEX on the site.



n You do not pay $10–$15 sub for a couple of months.

End result: by using PLEX, you make sure CCP earns $2–$10 more than they would if you subscribed normally.
Also, I get a ton of ISK.
Also, you get to play for free.

Everyone wins (except maybe the EVE economy, depending on how you generated all that ISK).
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#15 - 2011-10-31 12:59:12 UTC
Levija Saplina wrote:
this is ridiculous.

so i am going to let two of my accounts go unsubed.

do something CCP.



CCP put in place a mechanism for other players to pay for your subs in return for you giving them ISK, Those players decide how much ISK they expect in return for their $17.50. What do you want CCP to do, exactly? What do you think might happen if CCP capped PLEX prices?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#16 - 2011-10-31 13:00:02 UTC
I am saying - Stop allowing ingame PLEX to be used to pay for Subs. Those extra, "free" accounts just generate more ISK, way more than the incoming real money spent to buy PLEX. There's your equations Sirs, think it through.

You sub (x) accounts by using ingame ISK to by ingame PLEX.
Those (x) account generate even more ISK
There's your ISK flood, blame that, stop trying to allocate blame on mission runners/incursions etc.
The fact is that ISK should not be able to buy ingame PLEX.
Will that upset people Hell yes it will.
Will accounts "unsubscribe" Hell yes they will - Unpaying accounts.
Most of you who are playing for more than a year do not even pay real cash to play Eve. You think this is cool and it is right - It is not cool nor right, you are undermining CCP, the very company struggling finacially, the company who run this game.

Stop the ISK faucet ? Easy, disallow the subbing of accounts using ingame PLEX. This will force those who want to play, to pay. All those thousands of free accounts that are ingame generating trillions of ISK can go away over time, because they are just using easily-earned ISK to buy ingame PLEX.

PLEX prices should be 10x their current amount in ISK - discourage all those free accounts churning out more ISK.


LacLongQuan
Jitrawa Incorporated
#17 - 2011-10-31 13:00:18 UTC
inflation
Jack Dant
The Gentlemen of Low Moral Fibre
#18 - 2011-10-31 13:01:02 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:

PLEX are bought for real cash by subscribers.
This PLEX then is sold on the market or used for game time, the latter probably being the least popular option.

*cough* "pvp player" ?
Try industrialists/Miners/PI
Trying to make it like it's "pvp" players who are the good guys in the equation is flawed.
You're skipping over the fact that the main people who are making the really big ISK ingame are the old and established players and mostly owners of large Corporations.
Pvp player use their eaily earned ISK to buy PLEX ingame. Never pays cash for subs.

There is zero balance, that's a dream, a quick way out.


The more casual PVP players sell PLEXes pretty often. But with conflict going down lately, there's less need for that now. And I know several people who stopped playing actively around summer, but keep their accounts active and training via PLEX when they used cash before. I'm in that kind of situation myself.

So you have supply going down and demand going up. CCP is trying to compensate with the PLEX bundles, but it's not going to be enough unless the expansion comes and changes things.

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

Big Bad Mofo
Doomheim
#19 - 2011-10-31 13:01:45 UTC
Twisted Alice wrote:
Levija Saplina wrote:
this is ridiculous.

so i am going to let two of my accounts go unsubed.

do something CCP.




If CCP interfere they're ruining the so called sandbox.


It's just market forces at work, let them work.


I dont understand the sandbox thing here, they are not player made items. All it takes is one person to stop being greedy sell them a bit cheaper and the prices will come down.
Tenchi Sal
White Knights of Equestria
#20 - 2011-10-31 13:02:30 UTC
classic case of inflation. eve has no real isk sinks. its only going to go higher. deal with it.
123Next pageLast page