These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dont change the 2/10 plexes!

First post First post
Author
DJ P0N-3
Table Flippendeavors
#501 - 2013-01-31 14:27:47 UTC
Yet another "we're doing something that screws people over now because someday we might make life better for you and you'll thank us for it then" from CCP. What a shame.
Turgesson
Gorillaz In The Mist
#502 - 2013-01-31 14:28:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Turgesson
Toterra wrote:
I was browsing the web in firefox and I noticed my bookmark of Brutor BullFighter:Plex Hunter. What a great blog post that was. Advice from that post dominated my gameplay for several months afterwords :(

Ah, the memories... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Yep, that blog should have been copy and pasted into the wiki under pirating income. It's a damn shame that's lost.

Here's another lil tidbit for The Foz to chew on. One of the reasons I never bothered with the 2/10 was because I wasn't a big fan of the crappy destroyer line up. Why would you add more ships capable of really heating up these sites and remove them in the same damn patch? I can tell you from the little frigate buffs that the 1/10 I ran saw a nice increase and was starting to catch on with new and old players. My kills/losses will show that so screw the metrics.

The very last night I ran that plex I had to go 2v1 for a crappy OSE and a junk plate of some sort. How is that too much money? I want to see any other way of farming that pits you against a Daredevil and an Enyo that you HAVE to fight if you want the money.

I expected better from CCP when I started playing this but as usual Experienced = Expendable.

Disonorevole
Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#503 - 2013-01-31 18:04:20 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
n the same way that we believe the benefits outweighed the loss inherent in removing the higher tier static complexes in 2007

We in Team Five 0 have also been working hard to produce designs that would improve traffic and combat throughout lowsec, starting with all the crimewatch improvements we released in Retribution that improve life for every pirate.

First of all you don't understand the first thing about piracy if you think retribution is some super win for us. All retribution did was add a ton of annoying eeeep noises and gave high sec more stupid "pew pew" options. The timers showing up in an easy to see way and rr inheriting an aggro flag was overdue.

The rats target us now when mission ganking.

Part time blobbers can come and go at will and we can't easily killright them to catch later in a dark alley when the odds favor us.

Security Hits happen if you sneeze at something wrong and causes ss grinds for people who prefer postive numbers. A big front loaded ss hit is taken on aggro now.

Sentry changes and GCC/suspect changes in low were not for us. It was for the jackasses that would warp a burning ship to a station to escape or the ever popular part time idiot that jumped into high sec with GCC. A small gate/station camp buff?...great we all know how exciting they are.

Transports cannot be scanned.

GSCs can be used to prevent smartboming in high sec.

"Traffic" is NOT a positive for us. We need someone to hang around not jump gate to gate with a Tenjew looking for empty locals to scan and farm.

Some prior changes that added nothing but suck to low sec in my time here:
Mission quality and moving agents that would regularly send shiny stuff our way.
Half baked FW that drew TRUE farmers away from anywhere without FW crap to farm.
Incursion rats regularly camp low sec gates with stupidly overpowered rats.

I wasn't here in 2007 and would love to see what positive results came from removing the high tier plexes from LOW SEC. It damn sure didn't help stop farming plexes because they were mine just like the static. By the time anyone scanned our systems they either found nothing because we farmed it already, a trap or a bugged plex.

Please, show me some numbers that support doing harm to your product has a positive effect over time. Particularly how Molden Heath and other places getting turned into ghost towns is outweighed by...? What positive gets us to the "net positive"?
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#504 - 2013-02-03 11:11:28 UTC
Nothing new, just a bump because I hate jukebox thread being on 1st page while our is moving deeper and deeper into oblivion.

Invalid signature format

darmwand
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#505 - 2013-02-03 13:31:33 UTC
While I don't really have anything relevant to say that hasn't been said before I think that instead of removing them, reducing the loot and in turn adding more of these plexes in other regions would have been a much better way to solve the farming issue.

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp."

Turgesson
Gorillaz In The Mist
#506 - 2013-02-03 14:15:31 UTC
darmwand wrote:
I think that instead of removing them, reducing the loot and in turn adding more of these plexes in other regions would have been a much better way to solve the farming issue.

But that won't drive the "undesirables" away like it did in 2007.

They easily could have lowered drop rates, added key drops to belt rats or something and added more of these sites around to have an alternative to FW with a more open ended unique sandbox feature....but I don't think open ended sandbox is in the 10year plan with Pippy Longstocking, Fozzybear and CCP Verne Troyer at the helm.
Robinton Jax
Minmatar Death Squad
DECOY
#507 - 2013-02-04 05:44:14 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
One other note: Yes we realize that since Retribution the number of kills in systems like Heild have dropped, and we're not glad about that.

However if you look at all lowsec player deaths not involving a FW member, we've seen an increase of 68% since just before Retribution. That's an average increase of over 1500 kills a day in lowsec without a single FW kill included.

Retribution did not ignore lowsec by any stretch of the the imagination.

I look at the Molden Heath numbers and dont care about these overall stats. Its been documented in this thread how small pvp kills have pretty much vanished in MH. Molden Heath was/is unigue....keep it that way.
Adele Godel
The Spawning Pool
#508 - 2013-02-04 11:55:29 UTC
Im also pretty sure fozzie is counting things like asakai as lowsec kills, as well as staged events like the tuskers ffa.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#509 - 2013-02-04 13:07:57 UTC
would CCP consider maybe bringing back the lvl 1-3 complexes back as they were but allow PvP inside them, little challenging competition inside them would be cool i think :-P
Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
#510 - 2013-02-04 22:38:18 UTC
Robinton Jax wrote:

I look at the Molden Heath numbers and dont care about these overall stats. Its been documented in this thread how small pvp kills have pretty much vanished in MH. Molden Heath was/is unigue....keep it that way.

I got 4 small pvp kills in under an hour in Heild on Sunday..............

Yes 4 1v1 kills

Well actually 4 cyno ships.......................

Because all MH is now is a staging area for Null-Sec

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Toterra
Parental Control
Didn't want that Sov anyway.
#511 - 2013-02-05 21:20:41 UTC
Vincent R'lyeh wrote:
Robinton Jax wrote:

Yes 4 1v1 kills

Wow, that is sure some quality PvP. I take back everything I said about the change, Fozzie is right!. Low-sec is great for popping cyno ships.
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#512 - 2013-02-07 12:38:12 UTC
Vincent R'lyeh wrote:
Robinton Jax wrote:

Yes 4 1v1 kills

I did some "small gang pvp" last night when 40 of us killed a PL dreadnaught then got blobbed by slowcats.

Thats solo frigate pvp, right?
Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
#513 - 2013-02-07 20:14:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent R'lyeh
Michael Harari wrote:

I did some "small gang pvp" last night when 40 of us killed a PL dreadnaught then got blobbed by slowcats.

Thats solo frigate pvp, right?

This means its all your Fault Michael!

Now we know where Fozzies numbers are coming from!

CCP Fozzie wrote:

However if you look at all lowsec player deaths not involving a FW member, we've seen an increase of 68% since just before Retribution..

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#514 - 2013-02-08 13:56:35 UTC

CCP Fozzie wrote:

However if you look at all lowsec player deaths not involving a FW member, we've seen an increase of 68% since just before Retribution..

In other studies performed this month we have a journal report from Boston medical that says wine is bad for you...and another from Purdue university that says wine is good for you.

Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
#515 - 2013-02-08 18:18:19 UTC
Minmatar Citizen160812 wrote:

CCP Fozzie wrote:

In other studies performed this month we have a journal report from Boston medical that says wine is bad for you...and another from Purdue university that says wine is good for you.

Opens a bottle of wine in order to test this theory whilst bumping this thread for no particular reason anymore

Robinton Jax
Minmatar Death Squad
DECOY
#516 - 2013-02-09 22:17:13 UTC
This is all a CCP plot to make me go to Fan Fest.
Angelus Ryan
One Ronin
#517 - 2013-02-10 09:06:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Angelus Ryan
Robinton Jax wrote:
This is all a CCP plot to make me go to Fan Fest.

To get the devs drunk enough so they would revert the change ? Twisted

(I kid, I kid!)

Also, bump for Lowsec Justice!
Iminent Penance
Your Mom's Boyfriends
#518 - 2013-02-10 09:09:28 UTC
but if they change, where will i log my frigate alts at downtime from now on every day? :(
Robinton Jax
Minmatar Death Squad
DECOY
#519 - 2013-02-11 04:41:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Robinton Jax
I could see my old house in Keflavik....and see if I could make a Dev pee themselves.. Managed it twice now....from fear and laughter. Wouldnt be shooting for laughter.

Thanks to the CP guys for the fights on the Teo gate btw.

....and bump
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#520 - 2013-02-11 17:52:34 UTC
Minmatar Citizen160812 wrote:

I wasn't here in 2007 and would love to see what positive results came from removing the high tier plexes from LOW SEC. It damn sure didn't help stop farming plexes because they were mine just like the static. By the time anyone scanned our systems they either found nothing because we farmed it already, a trap or a bugged plex.

No positive results whatsoever. I've been playing since late 2005 and actively visiting low since mid 2006 and it has been steadily dying out since then.

All recent ideas of CCP are a joke, they fail to address the only question worth discussing: "what's the purpose of low-sec in the entire game economics and what content does it provide?"

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.