These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP employees must be removed from the game.

First post
Author
Verte Sinkon
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#161 - 2012-05-08 08:46:34 UTC
TRUE ZER0 wrote:
Vera Algaert wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:

To be in Something Awful you have to have a referral from a member in good standing.

that's wrong



All you need is $10


A referral from Alexander Hamilton you mean.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#162 - 2012-05-08 09:02:44 UTC
Atomic Virulent wrote:
There is just too much B*LLSHIT Goons get away with that would not be tolerated by any other group not friendly to them.


Such as? And by whom?

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#163 - 2012-05-08 09:05:54 UTC
My opinion on the topic is this:

Let the devs play the game they develop, that way they can see & notice the issues players have far easier. Also better for feedback & implementation of new things. Devs that don't play their game will loose all touch and implement stuff that sounds cool, but ruins the game (many MMO's have gone that route and fell)

Keep in mind, there's many devs and they're in all ways of Eve. Are there Devs in Goonswarm? No doubt considering just the sheer size of members Goonswarm has. Are tehre devs somewhere else? yes, other alliances, lowsec, highsec etc (from a forumthread on the old forums, it turned out quite some Devs live in Highsec as well)

I rather have devs playing the MMO then not, simply ebcause then they're more in touch with the playerbase as well and know problems firsthand.

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#164 - 2012-05-08 10:48:07 UTC
Looks like our friends Sigurd and Jessie will get butthurt and start shiptoasting over anything Lol
Joran Dravius
Doomheim
#165 - 2012-05-08 11:10:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Joran Dravius
Atomic Virulent wrote:
For one, I have a contact who was defrauded by Goons as a result of being contacted from within RECRUITMENT chat. At the time, the MOTD in the channel specifically stated that using to channel to scam was NOT ALLOWED.

The best fix for this issue is for you to stop associating with idiots. The goons' recruitment scams are common knowledge. Their wiki even says it's a scam and explains the real recruiting policy. The forums are full of whines about it. If your mentally challenged friend had bothered to do a forum or Google search or even just ask around in-game before trusting complete strangers with his money this could have been avoided.

masternerdguy wrote:
Atomic Virulent wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Goons are generally 100% accurate when it comes to making good decisions for game balance.


Yes, and we should let the inmates run the asylum too, right?


It worked for Australia.

I doubt its original owners would agree.
Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#166 - 2012-05-08 11:26:56 UTC
Jandice Ymladris wrote:
My opinion on the topic is this:

Let the devs play the game they develop, that way they can see & notice the issues players have far easier. Also better for feedback & implementation of new things. Devs that don't play their game will loose all touch and implement stuff that sounds cool, but ruins the game (many MMO's have gone that route and fell)

Keep in mind, there's many devs and they're in all ways of Eve. Are there Devs in Goonswarm? No doubt considering just the sheer size of members Goonswarm has. Are tehre devs somewhere else? yes, other alliances, lowsec, highsec etc (from a forumthread on the old forums, it turned out quite some Devs live in Highsec as well)

I rather have devs playing the MMO then not, simply ebcause then they're more in touch with the playerbase as well and know problems firsthand.


I agree, however, the relationship between Goon's and CCP obviously favors Goons' gameplay. I'm sorry, but if you look at how things have occurred in the past few months you'll see a pattern that support such observations.

Glaring examples are CCP's efforts against botting which surprisingly only targeted the Russians + some collateral and Mittani's slap on the wrist for what would have gotten the entirety of the remaining playerbase perma-banned. Oh and lets not forget the conspicuous method of BoB's downfall.

CCP should completely distance itself from Goons, imo.

Don't ban me, bro!

Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#167 - 2012-05-08 11:46:51 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
Jandice Ymladris wrote:
My opinion on the topic is this:

Let the devs play the game they develop, that way they can see & notice the issues players have far easier. Also better for feedback & implementation of new things. Devs that don't play their game will loose all touch and implement stuff that sounds cool, but ruins the game (many MMO's have gone that route and fell)

Keep in mind, there's many devs and they're in all ways of Eve. Are there Devs in Goonswarm? No doubt considering just the sheer size of members Goonswarm has. Are tehre devs somewhere else? yes, other alliances, lowsec, highsec etc (from a forumthread on the old forums, it turned out quite some Devs live in Highsec as well)

I rather have devs playing the MMO then not, simply ebcause then they're more in touch with the playerbase as well and know problems firsthand.


I agree, however, the relationship between Goon's and CCP obviously favors Goons' gameplay. I'm sorry, but if you look at how things have occurred in the past few months you'll see a pattern that support such observations.

Glaring examples are CCP's efforts against botting which surprisingly only targeted the Russians + some collateral and Mittani's slap on the wrist for what would have gotten the entirety of the remaining playerbase perma-banned. Oh and lets not forget the conspicuous method of BoB's downfall.

CCP should completely distance itself from Goons, imo.


wat
OmniBeton
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#168 - 2012-05-08 11:48:37 UTC
Goons, please burn Jita again. I didn't manage to sell all my stuff before prices dropped back to normaln :(
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#169 - 2012-05-08 12:18:21 UTC
Andski wrote:
Atomic Virulent wrote:
There is just too much B*LLSHIT Goons get away with that would not be tolerated by any other group not friendly to them.


Such as? And by whom?



mittani alt spotted

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#170 - 2012-05-08 12:19:33 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:

CCP should completely distance itself from Goons, imo.



But their onstage antics are soooo adorable (swoon). Who would ever let them go away ??????

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#171 - 2012-05-08 12:21:17 UTC
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:


Literally costs '10 bucks' to become a goon.

We're not the exclusive club you seem to think we are.



10 clams......and every last shred of human dignity left.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#172 - 2012-05-08 12:22:56 UTC
Rico Minali wrote:
I read the OP and I actually felt my IQ drop.



I'm so sorry.

I can tell by the quality of your post.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#173 - 2012-05-08 12:23:49 UTC
Roime wrote:
It doesn't end at CCP headquarters, just take a look at the sky, dude

Right, chemtrails.




Silly me. I thought that was a rainbow.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#174 - 2012-05-08 12:26:14 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
the relationship between Goon's and CCP


saw a grocer's apostrophe, stopped reading

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

evereplicant
Doomheim
#175 - 2012-05-08 12:32:07 UTC
I have to say there is somethig extremely 'dodgy' happening to eve, ccp AND Goons/

I mean another example the war dec system, goons will now be practically impossible to wardec.
CCP are blantantly allowing one alliance to control eve, why is that? this is why eve in 5 years will be dead
Goons control everything and i mean everything, and with that they just get bigger and bigger, and attractivng all the new players cos of this and still scamming them as well.. They have nearly all the tech moons etc, there is something seriously wrong with all this.. seriously wrong
Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#176 - 2012-05-08 12:35:15 UTC
evereplicant wrote:
I have to say there is somethig extremely 'dodgy' happening to eve, ccp AND Goons/

I mean another example the war dec system, goons will now be practically impossible to wardec.
CCP are blantantly allowing one alliance to control eve, why is that? this is why eve in 5 years will be dead
Goons control everything and i mean everything, and with that they just get bigger and bigger, and attractivng all the new players cos of this and still scamming them as well.. They have nearly all the tech moons etc, there is something seriously wrong with all this.. seriously wrong


Screw it, it's boring trying to counter all these tinfoil crazy posts.

Yes, it's all true. CCP is working hand in hand with us and have been implementing a series of changes to their game in line with our orders (that have been submitted to CCP Sreegs and CCP Soundwave directly). They've been changing things to fit our desires and have implemented nerfs where we have requested to give us the biggest in game advantage.

Despite having decent paying jobs and a career with the company they happily value the BRO CODE over their livelihood and the ability to feed their families and for this I thank them.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#177 - 2012-05-08 12:36:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Fabulousli Obvious
evereplicant wrote:
I have to say there is somethig extremely 'dodgy' happening to eve, ccp AND Goons/

I mean another example the war dec system, goons will now be practically impossible to wardec.
CCP are blantantly allowing one alliance to control eve, why is that? this is why eve in 5 years will be dead
Goons control everything and i mean everything, and with that they just get bigger and bigger, and attractivng all the new players cos of this and still scamming them as well.. They have nearly all the tech moons etc, there is something seriously wrong with all this.. seriously wrong


(Serious face)

A guy in my Main's home system is quitting over it after 5 years. 3 Accounts. Obvious just became too Obvious for him.

It's still a bit Tin Foil Territory, but that is being shred with each passing day.

Remember T20 ???? That started as a gigantic tinfoil ball and wound up TRUE as daylight.

How quickly we forget.....or want to hide.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#178 - 2012-05-08 12:37:44 UTC
Vile rat wrote:

........all these tinfoil crazy posts.




I heard if you say something over and over again it magically becomes true.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Ken Cook
Doomheim
#179 - 2012-05-08 12:38:52 UTC
Good thread, would read again.
Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#180 - 2012-05-08 12:39:59 UTC
Fabulousli Obvious wrote:
Vile rat wrote:

........all these tinfoil crazy posts.




I heard if you say something over and over again it magically becomes true.


I'm not the one making unsubstantiated claims. The T-20 incident was a fire, there's not even smoke here.