These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP employees must be removed from the game.

First post
Author
Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#141 - 2012-05-08 06:06:27 UTC
Zelda Wei wrote:
We need an internal affairs investigation into Dev Goons, some heads must roll.


Well, you know what the email address is. Put your money where your mouth is and send in an email.
Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#142 - 2012-05-08 06:09:34 UTC
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:
Patrick Estemaire wrote:
The OP and many others are suffering from a very common gaming phenomenon where their paranoia that the developers are 'cheating' combines with disdain of those that seem to be 'winning' to create the delusion that the 'winners' and developers must be working together to keep everyone else down.

This is not healthy. You're taking things too seriously. There is no conspiracy. Remember to have fun.





Nerf drone regions. Leave tech moons alone.

Are you high?


That's funny, GSF has been lobbying (through our CSM reps) to have tech nerfed since it was first changed. (Because it was a badly implemented change to begin with).

What have you done to get tech fixed?
Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#143 - 2012-05-08 06:10:55 UTC
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
As many CCP employees as possible should play EVE. Ideally all of them would get in at least 6-8 hours a week.


Only if they play as a NORMAL PLAYER not as a "I'M CCP SO SUCK UP TO ME" special favored little princess.


Since CCP employee's can only have regular characters (unless using official, recognizable CCP accounts) and can not hold positions of power in any player organization, as well as being strictly monitored by IA, you have your wish.


Oh you mean other than the fact that the guy overseeing them is a Goon. Yeah I trust that


Literally costs '10 bucks' to become a goon.

We're not the exclusive club you seem to think we are.
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#144 - 2012-05-08 06:16:55 UTC
Atomic Virulent wrote:
In recent months, I have had a few experiences that have made my time with EvE quite bitter. That off-color taste was a direct result of coming into contact with what is essentially the STD of New Eden... Goons.

For one, I have a contact who was defrauded by Goons as a result of being contacted from within RECRUITMENT chat. At the time, the MOTD in the channel specifically stated that using to channel to scam was NOT ALLOWED.



Aaaand I stopped reading/caring.

Spamming/Scamming is the name of the game in that channel. At a certain point in the night the spamming stops because of all the convesations that take place (and make fun of anyone advertising).

and seriously, you hadn't heard about the Goon Recruitment thing?

There are no scams in EVE. just tests that you either pass or fail, depending on your stupidity/knowledge of mechanics.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#145 - 2012-05-08 06:19:39 UTC
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
Bane Necran wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Since CCP employee's can only have regular characters (unless using official, recognizable CCP accounts) and can not hold positions of power in any player organization, as well as being strictly monitored by IA, you have your wish.


It's not so much about them holding positions of power in 0.0 alliances, at least for me. The problem is, if they're only in 0.0 alliances, and hearing the opinions of 0.0 players, they end up being skewed in favor of them.

Time and time again we hear about dramatic changes coming to 0.0, which are backed out of, but dramatic changes are fairly common for hisec and lowsec. It certainly seems they're much more sensitive to the whines of 0.0 players than anyone else, and them being surrounded by 0.0 players would explain that.

What they should be doing is looking at the big picture, and doing what's best for the game in general. Not just trying to please their friends in 0.0.


Part of the strict monitoring by IA also means that they aren't allowed under any circumstances to reveal that they are CCP employees.

So what is really wrong with a developer being a part of a 0.0 alliance? There are devs that are also in NPC corps. There are devs that pirate in lowsec. I'd imagine that there is a dev for just about any playstyle in eve, apart from scamming. I don't think they are allowed to do that.


When you get to a certain age, you have heard enough people say bald-faced stupid lies to your face, that it really loses it's ability to shock.

Though the above one still is a whopper.


Please explain to me, in simple terms because I am a stupid Goonie, how I lied in my post.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#146 - 2012-05-08 06:20:23 UTC
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
As many CCP employees as possible should play EVE. Ideally all of them would get in at least 6-8 hours a week.


Only if they play as a NORMAL PLAYER not as a "I'M CCP SO SUCK UP TO ME" special favored little princess.


Since CCP employee's can only have regular characters (unless using official, recognizable CCP accounts) and can not hold positions of power in any player organization, as well as being strictly monitored by IA, you have your wish.


Oh you mean other than the fact that the guy overseeing them is a Goon. Yeah I trust that


Literally costs '10 bucks' to become a goon.

We're not the exclusive club you seem to think we are.


10 bucks and some time spent posting. Just look at all the J4G threads that keep getting made in GBS.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#147 - 2012-05-08 06:36:32 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
10 bucks and some time spent posting. Just look at all the J4G threads that keep getting made in GBS.


The time spent posting is only if you want to join Goonswarm. There are hundreds of thousands of goons who don't even play eve.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#148 - 2012-05-08 06:46:33 UTC
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
10 bucks and some time spent posting. Just look at all the J4G threads that keep getting made in GBS.


The time spent posting is only if you want to join Goonswarm. There are hundreds of thousands of goons who don't even play eve.


Who would want to join Goonswarm? Only terrible people who drown puppies and stab children in the eyes would want to join Goonswarm.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Aubrey Addams
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#149 - 2012-05-08 06:54:25 UTC
Atomic Virulent wrote:

blabla


The one who should be removed from the game is you.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#150 - 2012-05-08 07:00:01 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Who would want to join Goonswarm? Only terrible people who drown puppies and stab children in the eyes would want to join Goonswarm.
What? They no longer require you to sell nuns into slavery? Pfft…

See, this is why I will never be a goon, even though people constantly assume that I am one — I'm far too overqualified.
Josef Djugashvilis
#151 - 2012-05-08 07:09:01 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Why do I feel like I've seen this thread before.


Because you have,many, many, many, many times.

Devs not playing.....do not understand their own game.

Devs playing, must be cheating.

Ho hum....

This is not a signature.

Josef Djugashvilis
#152 - 2012-05-08 07:14:04 UTC
Kietay Ayari wrote:
I do not catch the 1984 reference :[


Or me, and I have read the book several times over the years.

This is not a signature.

Rico Minali
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#153 - 2012-05-08 07:21:06 UTC
I read the OP and I actually felt my IQ drop.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#154 - 2012-05-08 07:21:51 UTC
Rico Minali wrote:
I read the OP and I actually felt my IQ drop.

I think it's ECM for our brains, boss.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Aron Croup
Incompatible Protocol
#155 - 2012-05-08 07:30:45 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Great, we finally get some Devs that actually play EVE that are not hopeless Carebears (the majority of them still are, check their admissions in other threads devoted to "Do the Dev's Play EVE") and this knucklehead wants to make it impossible.

You fail to understand that we WANT a game where organizations like the Goons can exist along side organizations like EVE University, using the same tool set and universe but pursuing their own vastly different goals. To achieve that goal we want developers that are well versed in as many facets of the game as possible... from the loner, to the industrialist, to the pirate, and everything in between.

We do not want the universe to be fair, comfy, and safe.

We do not want devs that only understand fair, comfy, and safe.

We wants devs that understand all aspects of EVE well enough to promote a universe that is harsh, challenging, stark, and relatively unforgiving... but above all fun for those able to survive. To do that they need to get their feet wet and play all ends of the spectrum.

If you have evidence of favoritism, submit it to Internal Affairs to be investigated.

If you have no evidence you are simply trolling, and not really worthy of attention.

You and your well-reasoned posting...

But at the end of the day we just want to pod a dev.



Not that I disagree with him, but saying that you want something over and over is not good reasoning. Shocked .... Straight
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#156 - 2012-05-08 07:32:43 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
If you have evidence of favoritism, submit it to Internal Affairs to be investigated.

If you have no evidence you are simply trolling, and not really worthy of attention.


Did I ******* miss something?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Roime
Shiva Furnace
#157 - 2012-05-08 07:52:44 UTC
It doesn't end at CCP headquarters, just take a look at the sky, dude

Right, chemtrails.

.

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#158 - 2012-05-08 08:23:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
this shocking leak substantiates our worst fears: http://i.imgur.com/3DH0b.png

Goonswarm is literally BoB

.

Alpheias
The Khaleph
#159 - 2012-05-08 08:24:55 UTC
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:
Alpheias wrote:
Atomic Virulent wrote:

bla..
bla..
bla..


I'd throw you in to a pond of hungry moray eels, like the ancient romans punished insolent slaves.


Ah, the Roman Republic had a "kill you" policy for corruption.

You were referring to the decadent Roman Empire though?

Yes, I imagine the Goons would fit in well in the Roman Empire. As slaves and hirelings.


Considering the history and reputation of the Roman Empire, if Eve was the Roman empire, GSF would be at the top of the food chain and feeding the rest of us to the lions.


Sucking up, willingness to say anything, and extreme cowardice are useful for surviving as a slave and cheering wildly when their owners kill some Christians.

Not so good at being in charge. Especially back then.


You are not in charge now either. Nothing has changed for you, ever.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Alpheias
The Khaleph
#160 - 2012-05-08 08:26:48 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
this shocking leak substantiates our worst fears: http://i.imgur.com/3DH0b.png

Goonswarm is literally BoB


Ironic isn't it? Goonswarm was created basically to topple BoB's empire. Not replace it.

You become what you hate, I guess.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.