These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP employees must be removed from the game.

First post
Author
Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#201 - 2012-05-08 13:33:31 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
I guess someone without a job and a family could never understand how those are more important than the bond of :10bux: on a forum.


Yes, because if history has taught us anything it's that people believe they'll be caught and always act rationally.



History also teaches us that hysterical accusations based on no proof other than "I don't like you and i want what you have" are a reliable indicator of guilt.



Another lesson of local history is that sometimes those accusations turn out to be true. Regardless of how juvenile and whiny they may sound at first.

Of course there's no proof here at all.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#202 - 2012-05-08 13:33:38 UTC
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
That predates the rules and internal affairs structure implemented by CCP just to detect and stop this behavior.

Your insistent belief that someone would risk their professional career (because yes, having to go to a management job interview and say you were fired for cheating means you aren't going to get any more management jobs) over something as banal as a 'space guild' is hilarious.

Sorry honey, I'll never get another 6 figure job because my buddies needed a new titan.

Seriously dude, go build a career then come back to this thread.

Titans are really rare and ....

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Blawrf McTaggart
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#203 - 2012-05-08 13:33:43 UTC
i personally rang up soundwave and said "yo, dude, plz change the motd"
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#204 - 2012-05-08 13:38:46 UTC
I'd personally like it more if ccp actually started playing their own game.... We may get some reasonable balance changes instead of this "oh this would be cool" mentality towards tweaks that inevitable perpetuate or add issues instead of directly solving them.
Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#205 - 2012-05-08 13:38:47 UTC
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Seriously dude, go build a career then come back to this thread.


Quite, no one's every thrown away a big money job, let alone an entire career, over something stupid.
Devil's Call
Social safety
#206 - 2012-05-08 13:42:02 UTC
It's good that CCP employee's are involved in the game, if ALL of them were in goonfleet... that would be a problem I suppose.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#207 - 2012-05-08 13:42:36 UTC
Quote:
You do realise that, in a previous witch hunt, the fact that many of us speak to the devs / gm's / employees of CCP on a regular basis as friends is already common knoweldge?

And you're now complaining that we speak to these people, who are also our friends, about stuff in-game?

Do you lot REALLY think that the "top" people, Hillmar and Oveur etc, are party to all of this? Of course they're not, this is their cash cow.

Get over yourselves.

Ya'll complain when something doesn't go your way, but I don't hear any of you complaining when the conversations any of us have with the very same people lead to bugs being fixed, oh no, because that's a benefit RIGHT?

.

Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#208 - 2012-05-08 13:43:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Doctor Ungabungas
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Seriously dude, go build a career then come back to this thread.


Quite, no one's every thrown away a big money job, let alone an entire career, over something stupid.


Well, this is where we need to get down to brass tacks. Sure, some people have thrown away careers over stupid things like lust, prestige, drugs, gambling, or any one of several other reasons that I've seen people throw away their futures.

Guess what. 'Space guilds' didn't warrant a mention.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#209 - 2012-05-08 13:46:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Quote:
We have a 'special' line (if you want to call msn that) to our FRIENDS. Even devs need friends, you know, they're not robots

.

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#210 - 2012-05-08 13:46:28 UTC
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Seriously dude, go build a career then come back to this thread.


Quite, no one's every thrown away a big money job, let alone an entire career, over something stupid.


Well, this is where we need to get down to brass tacks. Sure, some people have thrown away careers over stupid things like lust, prestige, drugs, gambling, or any one of several other reasons that I've seen people throw away their futures.

Guess what. 'Space guilds' didn't warrant a mention.

Space guilds and lust ...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#211 - 2012-05-08 13:47:10 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Quote:
We have a 'special' line (if you want to call msn that) to our FRIENDS. Even devs need friends, you know, they're not robots


Could you link to that post? Just so we know it isn't something you made up.
Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#212 - 2012-05-08 13:53:20 UTC
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Seriously dude, go build a career then come back to this thread.


Quite, no one's every thrown away a big money job, let alone an entire career, over something stupid.


Well, this is where we need to get down to brass tacks. Sure, some people have thrown away careers over stupid things like lust, prestige, drugs, gambling, or any one of several other reasons that I've seen people throw away their futures.

Guess what. 'Space guilds' didn't warrant a mention.


Call it "friends" and it sounds a little more common.

Seriously, insisting people wouldn't do something because it's stupid demonstrates an astounding ignorance of humanity.
Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#213 - 2012-05-08 13:54:47 UTC
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Seriously dude, go build a career then come back to this thread.


Quite, no one's every thrown away a big money job, let alone an entire career, over something stupid.


Well, this is where we need to get down to brass tacks. Sure, some people have thrown away careers over stupid things like lust, prestige, drugs, gambling, or any one of several other reasons that I've seen people throw away their futures.

Guess what. 'Space guilds' didn't warrant a mention.


Call it "friends" and it sounds a little more common.

Seriously, insisting people wouldn't do something because it's stupid demonstrates an astounding ignorance of humanity.


Would you be happier if somebody said "It's stupid insisting people are doing this cause there's no evidence at all that it's occuring" ?
Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#214 - 2012-05-08 13:58:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Doctor Ungabungas
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Seriously dude, go build a career then come back to this thread.


Quite, no one's every thrown away a big money job, let alone an entire career, over something stupid.


Well, this is where we need to get down to brass tacks. Sure, some people have thrown away careers over stupid things like lust, prestige, drugs, gambling, or any one of several other reasons that I've seen people throw away their futures.

Guess what. 'Space guilds' didn't warrant a mention.


Call it "friends" and it sounds a little more common.

Seriously, insisting people wouldn't do something because it's stupid demonstrates an astounding ignorance of humanity.


Sure, but there is friendship as in 'needs a kidney' and there is friendship as in 'needs a titan'. No one sacrifices their ethics for 'friendship'. Find me any one in history who ever threw away their career for something as trivial as this.
Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#215 - 2012-05-08 13:59:18 UTC
Blawrf McTaggart wrote:
i personally rang up soundwave and said "yo, dude, plz change the motd"



Totally untrue. Sreegs did it after I won a Sambal snorting contest on one of our camping trips .
Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#216 - 2012-05-08 14:01:51 UTC
Vile rat wrote:


Would you be happier if somebody said "It's stupid insisting people are doing this cause there's no evidence at all that it's occuring" ?


No, I wouldn't be happier. That's much less amusing.

It is one hell of a lot more rational however.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#217 - 2012-05-08 14:02:43 UTC
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Vera Algaert wrote:
Quote:
We have a 'special' line (if you want to call msn that) to our FRIENDS. Even devs need friends, you know, they're not robots


Could you link to that post? Just so we know it isn't something you made up.

"GoonFleet [LWTAX] from 2008.06.15 06:44 to 2008.11.03 02:38.
State War Academy [SWA] from 2008.06.14 11:58 to 2008.06.15 06:44. "

I see. There you go:

http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=526462&page=12#345

(anchor doesn't seem to work, scroll down to post #345)

.

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#218 - 2012-05-08 14:04:42 UTC
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Malphilos wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Seriously dude, go build a career then come back to this thread.


Quite, no one's every thrown away a big money job, let alone an entire career, over something stupid.


Well, this is where we need to get down to brass tacks. Sure, some people have thrown away careers over stupid things like lust, prestige, drugs, gambling, or any one of several other reasons that I've seen people throw away their futures.

Guess what. 'Space guilds' didn't warrant a mention.


Call it "friends" and it sounds a little more common.

Seriously, insisting people wouldn't do something because it's stupid demonstrates an astounding ignorance of humanity.


Sure, but there is friendship as in 'needs a kidney' and there is friendship as in 'needs a titan'. No one sacrifices their ethics for 'friendship'. Find me any one in history who ever threw away their career for something as trivial as this.


Or, "needs a mod without going a couple more jumps'. Where would you say a Titan ranks compared to a quick bj from a tranny hooker?
Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#219 - 2012-05-08 14:05:48 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Vera Algaert wrote:
Quote:
We have a 'special' line (if you want to call msn that) to our FRIENDS. Even devs need friends, you know, they're not robots


Could you link to that post? Just so we know it isn't something you made up.

"GoonFleet [LWTAX] from 2008.06.15 06:44 to 2008.11.03 02:38.
State War Academy [SWA] from 2008.06.14 11:58 to 2008.06.15 06:44. "

I see. There you go:

http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=526462&page=12#345

(anchor doesn't seem to work, scroll down to post #345)


Oh good, for a second there I thought you were thinking that someone from GSF was stupid enough to say that.
Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#220 - 2012-05-08 14:06:43 UTC
Malphilos wrote:
Or, "needs a mod without going a couple more jumps'. Where would you say a Titan ranks compared to a quick bj from a tranny hooker?


'tranny hooker blowjob' falls under lust. 'needs a mod without going a couple more jobs' falls under 'the stupidest reason to lose your job ever conceived by man'.