These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

so the hulk WTF CCP?!!?!?

First post
Author
Lanasak
Doomheim
#521 - 2012-04-12 02:51:58 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
Lanasak wrote:
wow look at this, a 42k ehp hulk

http://i.imgur.com/2kY32.jpg

doesnt anything under 50k still die to a dessie? Cause I saw something earlier Tippia put up about a 50k something else earlier and said it could still die to them

pack ECM drones
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#522 - 2012-04-12 03:02:59 UTC
Lanasak wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
Lanasak wrote:

doesnt anything under 50k still die to a dessie? Cause I saw something earlier Tippia put up about a 50k something else earlier and said it could still die to them

pack ECM drones

ecm on a hulk?

you dont wanna mine anymore huh lol

Or is this devolving to the screw what the ship is made for lets just survive stage?

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Lanasak
Doomheim
#523 - 2012-04-12 03:04:14 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
Or is this devolving to the screw what the ship is made for lets just survive stage?

Yes, it's called "adapting."
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#524 - 2012-04-12 03:07:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Kengutsi Akira
Lanasak wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:

k, adapt to "maximum mining AND survival"

come up with that you win lol

Tippia wrote:
Yes. Why not? That should let you survive maybe one more destroyer on average than you otherwise would.[/quote]

I think this is where we deadlock on the same argument thats come up for the last 28 pages. You tank it and you get the yield of a Covetor or thats what everyone says.
IVE never lost a Hulk and DONT tank it cause I PERSONALLY dont mine where there are people. OR when hulkageddon is on. So I havent ever had an issue.

Yes

Lanasak
Doomheim
#525 - 2012-04-12 03:08:51 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
Lanasak wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:

EVE is about making choices. You can't have it both ways - fit to survive, or fit for maximum yield. Not both.
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#526 - 2012-04-12 03:11:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Kengutsi Akira
Lanasak wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
Lanasak wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:

EVE is about making choices. You can't have it both ways - fit to survive, or fit for maximum yield. Not both.

again... or dont mine where there are people AND fit for maximum yield.

(yeah I dont mine on the gyu I use on forums so locators dont help with that track record lol)

I actually DONT think the Hulk needs a buff. Ive used it for the better part of two years, untanked, maximum yield.
DONT sit AFK
BE ALIGNED
DONT BE STUPID

and you dont lose them is what Ive learned from my time in EVE lol

Yes

Lanasak
Doomheim
#527 - 2012-04-12 03:12:44 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
Lanasak wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
Lanasak wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:

again... or dont mine where there are people.

If you choose to mine somewhere out of the way with a max-yield fit Hulk, at the expense of having to fly a longer route to get your ore/minerals to market, that's another valid choice.
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#528 - 2012-04-12 03:14:11 UTC
Lanasak wrote:

If you choose to mine somewhere out of the way with a max-yield fit Hulk, at the expense of having to fly a longer route to get your ore/minerals to market, that's another valid choice.

I dont have that issue either

where ARE you mining O.o

Yes

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#529 - 2012-04-12 03:17:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Kidd
I go back and forth about mining barges. They can't fit a tank worth a damn without decimating their productivity in an already economically disadvantaged profession.

It really comes down to if the hulk is made tougher, the baddies will just bring more to kill it just as quick as before. Maybe barges don't need tanks, but rather need to be more mobile to accomplish what it is they're built to do.

But, whatever, if you're getting ganked in null, maybe you should look at local every once in a while? I mean, really, there is absolutely no reason that you should be getting ganked with such a perfect intel tool. It ain't like w-space where someone probed out your grav sites 2 days ago and warped cloaked to you without ever being seen on dscan.

Don't ban me, bro!

Lanasak
Doomheim
#530 - 2012-04-12 03:18:23 UTC
if somebody probed out your grav sites two days ago they wouldn't be there today
Jas Dor
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#531 - 2012-04-12 03:19:04 UTC
Lanasak wrote:

Hum fully bonused Orca and fully bonused Tengu to pull that off. Once CCP gets rid of off grid boosting that will probably protect the Hulk, most gankers are much more likely to go for the Tengu first for the tears and SP loss.
Lanasak
Doomheim
#532 - 2012-04-12 03:19:19 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
I They can't fit a tank worth a damn without decimating their productivity

it's almost as if you have to make choices!

please make the game easier for my simple mind, CCP
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#533 - 2012-04-12 03:20:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kengutsi Akira
look around first, not just plopping youself into the first belt you come across
dont be stupid about it

Doing your homework, scout the system, use the resources you have available... dotlan for one. See how many people are in the system regularly before you even GO to the system.

OR Talking to friends/corp and getting a freighter/Orca in system.
WE usually get freighters in system and run them weekly/monthly to a hub.
OR I use my hauler alt to bring the ore to a hub WHILE Im mining in my untanked max yield Hulk lol
That way youre in a deserted system AND have access to a hub

Ive never even HAD a gank attempt on me
(knock on wood)

Funnily, my friend, the day he got his hulk, undocked it and someone tried and failed to gank his untanked Hulk right at the station

Lanasak wrote:
I don't mine, and if I did, I wouldn't mine in highsec like pond scum

given up arguing and gone straight to trolling I see, well gl with that, you have that CHOICE too

:D

Yes

Lanasak
Doomheim
#534 - 2012-04-12 03:20:42 UTC
Jas Dor wrote:
Lanasak wrote:

Hum fully bonused Orca and fully bonused Tengu to pull that off. Once CCP gets rid of off grid boosting that will probably protect the Hulk, most gankers are much more likely to go for the Tengu first for the tears and SP loss.

nobody suicide ganks a Tengu unless it has worthwhile fittings fyi

and if that becomes an issue they'd just boost on grid with brick-tanked Vultures
Jas Dor
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#535 - 2012-04-12 03:20:45 UTC
Lanasak wrote:

Many players feel the same way you do. This is why low end mineral prices are increasing.
Jas Dor
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#536 - 2012-04-12 03:22:40 UTC
Lanasak wrote:
Jas Dor wrote:
Lanasak wrote:

and if that becomes an issue they'd just boost on grid with brick-tanked Vultures

So to get all this to work you need at least three accounts to run one hulk? Somehow I do not think the bulk of the 20-40 billion units of trit that are sold in Jita every day is going to come from such a process.
Lanasak
Doomheim
#537 - 2012-04-12 03:22:57 UTC
Jas Dor wrote:
Lanasak wrote:

Many players feel the same way you do. This is why low end mineral prices are increasing.

no, minerals are going up across the board because of traders speculating on the imminent rogue drone nerf
Lanasak
Doomheim
#538 - 2012-04-12 03:23:41 UTC
Jas Dor wrote:
Lanasak wrote:
Jas Dor wrote:
Lanasak wrote:

So to get all this to work you need at least three accounts to run one hulk? Somehow I do not think the bulk of the 20-40 billion units of trit that are sold in Jita every day is going to come from such a process.

If only EVE was a multiplayer game
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#539 - 2012-04-12 03:24:04 UTC
Lanasak wrote:
Jas Dor wrote:
Lanasak wrote:

no, minerals are going up across the board because of traders speculating on the imminent rogue drone nerf

and the banning of bots lol

Yes

Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#540 - 2012-04-12 03:31:08 UTC
Lanasak wrote:

If only EVE was a multiplayer game

funny thing about that is thats HOW we mine in untanked Hulks and dont get killed lol multiplayer. People to haul for us, multiple hulks and multiple people.

lol youd think youd be agreeing with us for actually playing it LIKE a multiplayer game rather than trolling and calling us names

Yes