These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PL gets 15trillion isk banned in recent RMT bannings

First post First post
Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#281 - 2012-04-01 22:20:11 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:
Rumour has it alts post shite on the forums.

[sarcasm]

You don't need an alt to do it.

[/sarcasm]

That makes sense.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#282 - 2012-04-01 22:20:33 UTC
Yah... $400,000.00+ US in isk reclaimed... that's gotta be some kind of interwebs record, right?

One time I wanted to spell out my name in giant cans over a station I frequented. I finally got it done, and a GM let me know about can spam. It took me another day to take them all down. Never a word about the isk I transfer in between my characters though... I think whatever the grounds for the confiscation of ISK were, they were probably sound. The few times I've been petitioned against and lost, the GMs went way out of their way to explain what I did in detail, why it broke the rules, and even modified the EvE Wiki on one occasion to make the rules clear (that was a real 'grey area' situation). With something this big... I just can't see this being a case of mistaken identity or whatever.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Max Ludovic
JASTA 1
#283 - 2012-04-01 22:38:51 UTC
Kaldaine wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
Kaldaine wrote:
Kaldaine wrote:
I can confirm that Goonswarm was not affected by this. Noone in the alliance RMT's.

Goonswarm has strict policies against RMTing with zero tolerance policies. Please, no trolling or unsupported false accusations.

lol I caught a Goon asking for no trolling or unsupported false accusations lol Does that mean he has to put 25 ISK into the swear jar?

There is no need for ad hominem attacks here, please keep it respectful. This should be a place for civil discourse where noone should be afraid to post with their mains just because they are in a certain alliance or corp.

Agreed.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#284 - 2012-04-01 22:40:02 UTC
Joe Skellington wrote:
Wow, heads are rolling with big Alliances. Amazing.

Funny, thought that only high sec carebears were using bots in high sec.
But even if it was true, how can you do so much trillions of isk out of high sec?

Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#285 - 2012-04-01 23:29:41 UTC
Pretty weak for an April Fools joke.

It's almost predictable.
Is their a fill in the blank form for these now?

"OMG U GUYS!! PL Just lost ____ isk because of _____. I know it's for real serious because ______ ragequit on their IRC."

I will give a 2/10 for getting the GMs in on the joke though
Joss56
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#286 - 2012-04-01 23:51:04 UTC
Seshzan wrote:
I see this statement thrown around alot but i fail to see how it proves goons immunity to corruption ?

just as a quick example they must do 1,000's of ship replacements weekly ? monthly ?

I don't see the point of boting when:

I can pvp all day long 24/7, loose ships all day long my alliance reimbursement program always covers my losses.
With this kind of program, that is some sort of re distribution of alliance benefits, you should start figuring out that 1K number of weekly reimbursements is way behind the truth.

Kaldaine
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#287 - 2012-04-02 02:24:38 UTC
AV Taron wrote:
Kaldaine wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
Kaldaine wrote:
Kaldaine wrote:
I can confirm that Goonswarm was not affected by this. Noone in the alliance RMT's.

Goonswarm has strict policies against RMTing with zero tolerance policies. Please, no trolling or unsupported false accusations.

lol I caught a Goon asking for no trolling or unsupported false accusations lol Does that mean he has to put 25 ISK into the swear jar?

There is no need for ad hominem attacks here, please keep it respectful. This should be a place for civil discourse where noone should be afraid to post with their mains just because they are in a certain alliance or corp.

I just have one question here. Could you have made your reply more pompous in any way? And a goon asking to keep things respectful? Don't break character and go all pompous and climb up onto your seat high up on your might horse, because if you look really really closely you'll find it's just a rather sickly donkey that could collapse under you without any warning whatsoever.

I am sorry that my full sentences and complete words with the use of the shift key offend you but I enjoy the written word too much to butcher it even on these forums. I dont own a horse so please keep the conversation relevant to the op instead of my many failings or lack thereof.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#288 - 2012-04-02 03:15:22 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Kaldaine wrote:

Can I at least try a strawman arguement to properly completment my ad hominem attacks? Civility goes out the window when you've got your Goon mates posting when they're out of their depth and have no other recourse but to plough into you with text shouting... but I digress.
Still having fun though P
While I too have never owned a horse I have ridden one into the sunset before. Sooo happy trails to you... until we meeet in NULL sec again...
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Rory Orlenard
Eve Pilots Revolutionary Army
#289 - 2012-04-02 03:48:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Rory Orlenard
The thread has turned into accusing Goonswarm of botting. How many of you put a cloak on a rookie ship and went to Goon space to check ?

I friggin did . Did you ? I could not care more then the width of a hair on a raccoons arse about goons but i hunt bots - i found
active players who responded by hunting me. I didn't find bots.

You better have some talk that includes words showing you know how to hunt bots before i take a word of your drivel serious.

I care nothing for 0.0 alliances - they are all jerks who can't tell an honest application when they see one and instead accept spies cause the spies know what to say but I found no bots in goon space.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#290 - 2012-04-02 04:07:37 UTC
Rory Orlenard wrote:
The thread has turned into accusing Goonswarm of botting. How many of you put a cloak on a rookie ship and went to Goon space to check ?

I friggin did . Did you ? I could not care more then the width of a hair on a raccoons arse about goons but i hunt bots - i found
active players who responded by hunting me. I didn't find bots.

You better have some talk that includes words showing you know how to hunt bots before i take a word of your drivel serious.

I care nothing for 0.0 alliances - they are all jerks who can't tell an honest application when they see one and instead accept spies cause the spies know what to say but I found no bots in goon space.

Hehe, I actually ratted my sec status back up in goon space. One of them even challenged me to a 1v1 in a drake, versus my shield cane. He was good to his word, no blobbing or help from other goons. The fight ended with him killing my ECM drones, getting me down to low shield but he couldn't stay in range to hold point on me. Thing is though, I was willing to die, he actually stopped firing and let me go back to ratting Lol

Anyway, moral of story, personally I think the goons are unnecessarily vilified. After bowling about in their space for a few days, just jumping system to system killing a BS rat, I found that even those in the fleets that formed to kill me were pretty nice guys.

And they certainly didn't PvP like a bunch of botters either Lol

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Shalia Ripper
#291 - 2012-04-02 05:18:24 UTC
CCP Stillman wrote:

UGH BEATEN BY SREEGS *SHAKES FIST*

That's hawt. Will trade ISK for video.

Sig blah blah blah blah

Ralnik
Mutineers
#292 - 2012-04-02 07:48:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralnik
Kossaw wrote:
As per CCP rules, we can't discuss any reasons why Shamis might have been banned.

Pallidum Treponema wrote:
I

For all we know, this could have perfectly reasonable explanations.

Of course it's April 1st..
Stragak
#293 - 2012-04-02 08:22:35 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
2D34DLY4U wrote:
Kytoth wrote:
Do you really think they manually looked at alliances/corps/chars? I'm pretty sure they ran some DB script looking for suspicious transfers, which are pretty hard to define, and then just removed all the isk said script flagged / banned flagged accounts.

IF this is the way they did it then I am very much against this crap.

Large alliances with thousands of active people selling ships, contracts and all sorts of services cannot be suddenly hammered to the ground with huge negative isk accounts because some people used rmt isk to buy stuff from them and some dev is using a dumb db script.

As much as I support Sreegs efforts to clean the world from rmt if this is the way it is done we are harming people that play the game instead of harming those that cheat. In a sense it is an even worse way for the cheaters to destroy the game if they are able to provoke this kind of random havoc.

I would expect someone HUMAN and WITH A BRAIN to look closely at the list of bannable accounts that comes out of these scripts and THINK FOR THIRTY SECONDS about implications and trying to understand WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON. CCP should investigate stuff, not randomly ban people.

I may be wrong but if I have to choose between Shamis being a cheater and Sreegs being trigger happy and dumb, I'll go with the one that has more Alliance Tournament wins. There's some love for the game right there.

CCP seems to take matters like this pretty seriously. I think you can safely assume that any implicating data generated would be investigated before penalties were assessed.

I hope this was a troll.....Oops

CCP has ignored it for years, now they suddenly start banning? Interesting timing don't you think? When did they spend 10 minutes addressing it the past?
Just after they get mud in their face due to their favorite Bee having a senior moment in front of the camera.

So...not only is the Hive trying Brute-force metagaming, but CCP is gonna give it a try too?

"CCP, I know, lets out one of the big RMT groups so that we can deflect attention away from our abject foolishness at backing a failed leader"

I can't decide which of the trolls in these quotes I like better.

Man I never liked popcorn till now I hardly laugh in RL. Paying attention to the forums for a change has been the best move EVER. Lol

"Oh look, the cat is sitting in the litter box and pooping over the side again" every time we go through these "rough patches". In good humor, and slight annoyance, Boiglio   https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=238130&p=82

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#294 - 2012-04-02 08:46:34 UTC
Ralnik wrote:

Of course it's April 1st..

#1Posted: 2012.03.31 01:03 | Report

Yea, next excuse?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#295 - 2012-04-02 09:13:59 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Joe Skellington wrote:
Wow, heads are rolling with big Alliances. Amazing.

Funny, thought that only high sec carebears were using bots in high sec.
But even if it was true, how can you do so much trillions of isk out of high sec?

Missionbots.

One nullsec region can support maybe 2 bots per system, but usually just 1. A busy mission hub system can easily support 100 bots - and it's easy to see that many of them do so if you go and look at sdfadfg1, sdfadfg2, sdfadfg3, sdfadfg4, sdfadfg5, sdfadfg6 and of course their good buddy sdfadfg7 undocking Tengus in sequence.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

El Geo
Warcrows
The Ascendants
#296 - 2012-04-02 12:58:24 UTC
i think alot of people are getting confused with botting (the use of programs/scripts to run a character) and RMT (the buying OR selling of isk for real cash)
2D34DLY4U
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#297 - 2012-04-02 13:33:38 UTC
CCP Sreegs wrote:
[SNIPALOT]

I can't decide which of the trolls in these quotes I like better.

Did I lose?
Frying Doom
#298 - 2012-04-02 13:52:05 UTC
Rory Orlenard wrote:

The several times I went there I found..Nothing no one on during my normal TZ it was just dead space, completely empty. So no I cant say I know goons bot but I can say the sov system is flawedSmile

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Captain Thunk
Explode. Now. Please.
Alliance. Now. Please.
#299 - 2012-04-02 15:30:32 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Rory Orlenard wrote:

The several times I went there I found..Nothing no one on during my normal TZ it was just dead space, completely empty. So no I cant say I know goons bot but I can say the sov system is flawedSmile

Most people just look at the systems with the highest number of NPC kills in the last 24hrs, it's not 100% accurate, but then neither is CCPs RMT detection efforts it seems.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Deklein#npc24
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#300 - 2012-04-02 16:05:52 UTC
Kaldaine wrote:
Kaldaine wrote:

I'd never thought I'd see the day......A bee saying something like that.

Now I have to check my honey, it's clearly been contaminated....Cool

Signature removed - CCP Eterne