These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: EVE Online: Seven Million Missiles an Hour

First post
Author
Andrea Griffin
#41 - 2012-02-03 17:06:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Andrea Griffin
Which systems in Eve had the highest ship kills per day, and what types of ships were killed in those systems over the past year?

Ethilia wrote:
So we're producing 2-4 times the # of ships that are being killed and you want production to increase?! That sounds more like a fundamental market problem to me. Any idea how many ships are removed from the game by players going idle?
More and more and more ships... Maybe when people finally have 200-300 ships they'll be less risk averse to a little pew pew.

In addition to ships held by inactive accounts, how much isk is held by active vs. inactive accounts?
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#42 - 2012-02-03 17:07:06 UTC
Nirnaeth Ornoediad wrote:
Willis Man wrote:
Do you have any stats auditing the Secure Commerce Commission's insurance policies? For example how much income they make from insurance policies, verses how much they divvy out?

I can almost guarantee they don't make up the claims in premiums. Their Actuarial Department must be truly terrible.

It can't be that bad. They take 25% of the ships insurance policy every 3 months.

That means if they insure 4 ships that don't get blown up in a 3 month period versus 1 that does, then they can break even.

What does get in the way is the amount paid out to people who didn't pay any insurance at all - and get a small portion of the ships value back.

Where I am.

Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-02-03 17:18:21 UTC
Could I have some detailed numbers on current Custom Offices in low sec now or later?

I have been a firm opponent to these but am reserving final judgement until seeing their spread. Recently I have started recording numbers myself but that is something you could much easier do at your end.

Primarily I am interested in the percentage of low sec planets that currently:

A) Has a player owned Custom Office
B) Has an Interbus owned Custom Office
C) Has no Custom Office

Please please please...

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

Vae Abeo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2012-02-03 17:19:56 UTC
Would you be willing to give a more specific breakdown? Including weapons used but also include pirate/faction due to popularity of Incursions.

What I mean is something exactly like this:
http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=666
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-02-03 17:36:32 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:
knobber Jobbler wrote:
"Overall, 576,860 different characters lost ships to non-players in 2011, and 422,801 lost ships in PVP scenarios. 155,087 characters scored at least one final blow, too!"

Can you explain this statistic?

Is this "576,860 different characters lost ships to non-players" where 100% of the damage was done by NPC's? Or is this when the final blow was done by NPC's but could also have involved players doing damage?

How many of these were Concord? How many were station and gate guns in Low Sec? It would be good to get this into context.

I found it pretty shocking more ships were lost to NPC's than to other players in any given period. Especially since only incursions and sleepers actually pose any threat to players.

It's measured in terms of final blow (not 100% accurate, sure, but I think a pretty good indicator).

My last stats blog had sentry/CONCORD stats! :) The forum gives me an error when I try linking to it though.

It would be good to know that. I still find it hard to believe that more people lose ships to NPC's than to other players.
Carcosa Hali
Perkone
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-02-03 18:00:22 UTC

Some info about how isk sinks (insurance, taxes, CO fees) performed last year would be interesting to see..
Baikiin
Eternal Sunshine.
#47 - 2012-02-03 18:03:20 UTC
Of the 3,385 supercarriers and 847 titans in game, how many are on active accounts?
Valkyrs
Deep Vein Trading
#48 - 2012-02-03 19:30:00 UTC
I may be wrong in the math here, but if we converted ISK >PLEX>USD wouldn't this be somewhere between 15-20 million USD traded over the course of 2011?
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#49 - 2012-02-03 19:58:24 UTC
ChromeStriker wrote:
Need moar graph Shocked

This.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

malaire
#50 - 2012-02-03 20:09:14 UTC  |  Edited by: malaire
Can you get total number of jumps in all completed courier contracts during 2011 ?

Also, how much of that 2,692,367,631,609,430 ISK was traded in Jita?

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Midnight Hope
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2012-02-03 20:11:52 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:
Rixiu wrote:
I like statistics :)

How many titans and supercarriers are built per month?

2011 average was 137 supercarriers and 31 titans built per month, total of 1,646 supercarriers and 370 titans.

Do you know how many minerals that means per month??!!! Are there that many miners? Twisted
Aineko Macx
#52 - 2012-02-03 20:22:26 UTC
Thanks Diagoras for putting those numbers together.

However, I do have to ask: There was much talk about making raw data accessible for players to analyze for themselves. Nothing in that regard happened and instead the QEN was killed. Could you please shed some light on where CCP wants to go with this kind of data publication?
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#53 - 2012-02-03 20:49:51 UTC
further proof gallente need a buff they have the lowest in sales.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#54 - 2012-02-03 21:41:56 UTC
People are building iterons! Big smile

Interesting statistics... thanks!

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Camios
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2012-02-03 21:45:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Camios
These numbers show only one thing.

Too much production, too much isk and too little destruction and too little taxes.

Ode to poverty

Eve should starve, stop farming now.
One by one, supercarriers will die.
Battleships will become titans.
Millions will appear as billions.
T2 will be like officer.

Eve should starve
people will wield their out of ammo autocannons
and beat eachothers
for a single unit of tritanium,
dressed in rags, in the station corridors.

Eve should starve
The man with the Rupture will be rich
but ragequit when ten slashers blow him up
and everybody will cry
when they know the last gyrostabilizer t2 has gone destroyed

Eve should starve
people will fill their unique Wreathe near the ruins of the last outpost
with their raw hard earned minerals, and their meta 2 loot
and protect it at the cost of their lives.

But, preferably, at the cost of the lives of others.
Ogogov
Arpy Corporation
#56 - 2012-02-03 21:53:36 UTC
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
further proof gallente need a buff they have the lowest in sales.

Quite, although I'm surprised at how low Amarr production is given their preferential status for organized ops.

I guess there's alot of people who doggedly choose to go green even though it's terrible.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#57 - 2012-02-03 22:19:41 UTC
whats the rookie ship with the most final blows?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#58 - 2012-02-04 03:18:14 UTC
is it just me or did hte website crash entirely?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#59 - 2012-02-04 03:28:44 UTC
blog is empty for me also. i suppose they playing with the new website.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#60 - 2012-02-04 03:32:20 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
blog is empty for me also. i suppose they playing with the new website.

Dust 514 offical site also down the merger?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.