These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Oi, Oi, Oi - CONCORD Ships

First post First post First post
Author
SurrenderMonkey
Space Llama Industries
#101 - 2017-06-15 19:10:12 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:


I just saw that, and you can find people who have had 'farms' going complaining already.


Ooooh, where? I wanna see!

I'm having trouble picturing even the average eve-o forum fungus being THAT audacious.


Nevermind, Jenn, looks like Erik Valensteed has this one covered. Lol

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Uthgaard
Because ISK
#102 - 2017-06-15 19:21:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Uthgaard
Kixx wrote:
So you basically are shooting the messenger and you really don't want people coming forward showing your errors.

The precedent is now set if you get away with something CCP blatantly overlooks then keep your mouth shut and collect.





"Hey officers someone left their safe open. Just letting you know. I took everything I could carry for my trouble. To hell with how that affects everyone else."

Roll

That does not exactly qualify for shooting the messenger. So sorry you don't get to keep what you knew you shouldn't have exploited, but that's not exactly "precedent". It's specifically stated in the rules.

Letting you get away with it would tell everyone it's okay to exploit things as much as possible before they're declared exploits.

Plot twist: IT'S NOT.
Uthgaard
Because ISK
#103 - 2017-06-15 19:31:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Uthgaard
Erik Valensteed wrote:
Please help me understand something.

Long rambly paragraph of false statements - most notably "paid at least $16 USD per month...per account"


If that was what happened, that would just be called "playing the game". That's not what happened - you knew that already but I'm going to correct your narrative anyway. It's called ghost training because the training continued at omega speed for up to 19 months after plexing for ONE month.

And if you're not sure why you're the dregs of society, I already have that spelled out quite clearly right here.
Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#104 - 2017-06-15 19:32:55 UTC
Well i hope these ships become more accessible in the future, as someone got more than 200 of them now and sold them.
While we others can't even get 1 of those new ships.

And i am not paying 3bil+ for one ship that ccp will remove from the market or remove it from owners because of this "bug"..


Sad
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#105 - 2017-06-15 19:52:25 UTC
Ergum Motsu wrote:
Cypherous wrote:
Ergum Motsu wrote:
Cypherous wrote:
Caldari Phantom wrote:
Everyone who has exploitet needs to loose everything they have gained. Easy.. And every isk they have made since then.

This is a game people actually pay for. And have done for many years.. I myself paid hundreds of dollars, im guessing a few thousand dollars. I pay this knowing everyone else plays on the same page, with the same set of rules..

Fix it, and fix it fast..



Its not an exploit, CCP have OFFICIALLY stated that people would get a package of ships per account registered to the email that purchased the tickets


After previously stating "In celebration of the 20th Anniversary of CCP Games, attendees will also be able to get their hands on decommissioned CONCORD vessels as part of Fanfest ticket packages this year.

Every purchase of a Fanfest 2017 ticket will include the issue of a CONCORD Pacifier class frigate, and those who purchase their tickets before January 1st 2017 will also be able to get their hands on a decommissioned Enforcer class CONCORD cruiser."

The operative word being Ticket Package, no mention of per account held. Literally throwing 100's of ships at people which are currently trading at over 1b isk each, just a wekk after coming out with theres too much isk ingame, being held by too few players smacks of utter stupidity and no thinking going into the impact of their decisions.


https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/pacifier-enforcer-distribution-complete/?utm_source=launcher&utm_medium=news

And this article published yesterday says its per account registered to the email used, all it does is expand on the original wording, they never stated it was a single package per ticket nor that it didn't include all accounts owned by the person buying the ticket, you assumed one thing and they did a different thing


Reading is really not your strong point is it.

Every purchase of a Fanfest 2017 ticket will include the issue of a CONCORD Pacifier class frigate, and those who purchase their tickets before January 1st 2017 will also be able to get their hands on a decommissioned Enforcer class CONCORD cruiser.

In simple terms, purchase a fanfest ticket, get A Pacifier class frigate, purchase by a certain date and get A enforcer class cruiser.

In the English language, A refers to one, not multiples. Nothing assumed in there, its on the Eve News Article



Yes A does refer to one, it doesn't specify in the original article how that single unit will be applied, it does NOT mention anywhere that its not per account you own, which is what they went with, i mean you can argue it all you want but CCP has stated that this is how it works, and as it is THEIR giveaway they can choose to do wha they like aslong as they don't decide not to give a fanfest attendee atleast 1 of the ships they were eligible for
Uthgaard
Because ISK
#106 - 2017-06-15 20:11:24 UTC
Dude I think we can safely move on from that point. You've been running it into the ground all morning. Even the devs have said you're wrong.

Move on.
Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#107 - 2017-06-15 20:11:42 UTC
Kixx wrote:
So you basically are shooting the messenger and you really don't want people coming forward showing your errors.

The precedent is now set if you get away with something CCP blatantly overlooks then keep your mouth shut and collect.



Aryth and co got parts of their profits confiscated too when they revealed how to farm FW for infinite money. In this case the person that started the thread on reddit has already said that he expected 1 ship per person not account. In both cases people have come out and exposed a thing that is bad for the game rather than sit on it for personal profit.

Same with ghost training, I'm perfectly fine if they go back and remove any and all SP/money that has resulted from that even if I would be personally impacted (had no idea what it was and some of my accounts have expired since alphas were introduced so might have profited from it all). Health of EVE is much more important than some personal profit!
Uthgaard
Because ISK
#108 - 2017-06-15 20:17:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Uthgaard
Axhind wrote:
people have come out and exposed a thing that is bad for the game rather than sit on it for personal profit.


Yeah that's not even remotely accurate. Dude sold all of the ships and bragged about all the cash he made.

TF out of here with trying to act like he reported it to CCP and donated the proceeds to orphans.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#109 - 2017-06-15 20:17:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
... and another blunder that makes a few players filthy rich in no time.
Why even bother making ISK the traditional way? Just wait for the next overbuff of a ship class or the next event that drops rare high-value items en masse or the next hand out of billions of ISK for people with lots of accounts.

And those are the legal ways. Im not even starting with all the exploits, because then my post will probably get deleted.
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#110 - 2017-06-15 20:45:49 UTC
Uthgaard wrote:
Dude I think we can safely move on from that point. You've been running it into the ground all morning. Even the devs have said you're wrong.

Move on.


Who are you referring to, if its me they haven't proven anything i've said wrong, you're caught up on the ghost training guy, doesn't change that people who didn't exploit ghost training will be getting multiple ships as per the article in the launcher :P
Salu Kelmalu
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#111 - 2017-06-15 21:11:16 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

A couple of clarifications here. I've also posted these elsewhere, but making sure they're also here for clarity
Smile

Firstly as has been said before, these ships are going to become available more openly pretty soon (in the next few weeks or so) as part of in game rewards, and will be available in future as part of offers, promotions and via other means.

In addition to this, I’ve just been speaking with our customer support team, and they’ve confirmed that as part of the reprimands issued against those who’ve been abusing Ghost Training, these ships, or the ISK that abusers of Ghost Training have received from the sales of them, will be confiscated as part of any reprimands that are issued.

We recognize the fact that you guys are concerned about this, and wholly accept that this is on us. The intention is not at all to reward anyone for abuse of Ghost Training, and as such we’ll make sure that any reprimands that are issued include removal of this stuff.

Apologies for getting you guys all riled up. It’s been a tough week, but we’ll make sure that justice is served.

In addition to this, a couple of our amazing customer support guys are going to come in and clarify your concerns with a few answers over what to expect in terms of how we’ll be investigating this.

Hope this helps assuage at least some of the concern.


Thanks for coming on and clarifying.
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#112 - 2017-06-15 22:48:21 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
*snip*

In addition to this, a couple of our amazing customer support guys are going to come in and clarify your concerns with a few answers over what to expect in terms of how we’ll be investigating this.

*snip*


Yah... the follow-through it the tough part. Removing ships and ISK is the kicker. This was a massive screw-up but I don't think it's something that will actually get fixed.

I would bet some alt-alpha accounts will be 300 billion in the red. Those accounts will just get scrapped. I would be pretty surprised if any real ships or ISK were confiscated. -300 billion (or whatever) x however many alt-alpha accounts and the problem will be marked "fixed".

I hope I'm wrong... but I've been here a while and see how things get "fixed".

Meh. This game is giving off a real pay-to-win vibe lately. Can't say I care for it.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#113 - 2017-06-15 23:30:05 UTC
Quote:
6. Racism and discrimination are prohibited.

Racism, gender stereotyping, hate speech, and sexism are not permitted on the EVE Online Forums. Derogatory posting that includes race, religion or sexual preference based personal attacks and trolling can result in immediate suspension of forum posting privileges.

12. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a support ticket under the Community & Forums Category.


Removed post for one or more of the above reasons.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Dirty-Rotten-Pirate
Rancer Tourism Association
#114 - 2017-06-16 03:16:17 UTC
So - If I make ISK by playing the game, rather than spend that time setting up accounts, then I am missing out on an opportunity?


I am looking forward to seeing how many accounts per hour I can make. Is there an upper limit to the number of accounts per email address?



Selphentine
Pastafaris
#115 - 2017-06-16 03:39:48 UTC
Falcon just said its going to be removed. You can stop posting that its unfair now, as long as it actually happens.
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#116 - 2017-06-16 06:06:56 UTC
Dirty-Rotten-Pirate wrote:
So - If I make ISK by playing the game, rather than spend that time setting up accounts, then I am missing out on an opportunity?


I am looking forward to seeing how many accounts per hour I can make. Is there an upper limit to the number of accounts per email address?



#accountsonline #ccp

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Black Color
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#117 - 2017-06-16 06:33:56 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
I'm about as Fanboy for CCP as anyone gets, but CCPls.


You mean youre as delusional about ccp and eve as a 2017 eve player can be?
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#118 - 2017-06-16 06:46:59 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

A couple of clarifications here. I've also posted these elsewhere, but making sure they're also here for clarity
Smile

Firstly as has been said before, these ships are going to become available more openly pretty soon (in the next few weeks or so) as part of in game rewards, and will be available in future as part of offers, promotions and via other means.

In addition to this, I’ve just been speaking with our customer support team, and they’ve confirmed that as part of the reprimands issued against those who’ve been abusing Ghost Training, these ships, or the ISK that abusers of Ghost Training have received from the sales of them, will be confiscated as part of any reprimands that are issued.

We recognize the fact that you guys are concerned about this, and wholly accept that this is on us. The intention is not at all to reward anyone for abuse of Ghost Training, and as such we’ll make sure that any reprimands that are issued include removal of this stuff.

Apologies for getting you guys all riled up. It’s been a tough week, but we’ll make sure that justice is served.

In addition to this, a couple of our amazing customer support guys are going to come in and clarify your concerns with a few answers over what to expect in terms of how we’ll be investigating this.

Hope this helps assuage at least some of the concern.


You still miss the core of the issue. Why should anyone setting up N alpha accounts for whatever reason be rewarded Nx more than the guy who just owns one Omega account? You're literally telling people to set up additional accounts just in case that they ever win a "one per account on email" lottery ticket.

Yes, those ships will become usual and will go a dozen for a dime and yadda yadda yadda. But upon release, you're handing out literal bilions to alpha accounts. Removing the shady ones doesn't changes that.

N+1 you peasants! CCP vult!
Wanda Fayne
#119 - 2017-06-16 06:50:06 UTC
Sad.

So sad.

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

  • - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#120 - 2017-06-16 06:52:35 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I just saw that, and you can find people who have had 'farms' going complaining already.

To me it's like rorquals and supercarriers and people injecting to get into them. People have to know by now that CCP eventually comes down on stuff like that, but they still go after it, invest time into it, and complain when the inevitable nerf or exploit notification comes.

I've seen it my entire EVE career starting with the folks who complained when CCP fixed the high sec lvl 5 mission bug that "CCP just moved lvl 5s to low sec so that people will go there to do them, lose ships and have to buy PLEX/GTC!!".

Yeah, it was pretty obvious they would eventually do that. Still it is completely idiotic and always was how they handle such situations.

1) It was their fault, they introduced the bug and people notified them about it even before it hit TQ.
2) CCP refused for months to even acknowledge the bug and to release a exploit notification while people where basically begging for it.
3) After a week of constant pressure because of multiple failures they finally do acknowledge that it is game breaking, but instead of acknowledging that it was actually their fault to start with they now once again go after the players.

And yeah, we all like that very much, when the people who got rich because of whatever get killed of it pleases us doesn't it? So let's forget about all the stuff CCP screwed up while we attend the life burning of the heathens and once again cheer for CCP to turn the temperature a bit higher. Seams like an age old tradition which is still working.

And before you even start to think I write this because I abused ghost training, No I did not, it was pretty clear this would happen, but not everyone has the benefit of 10 years knowledge of CCP behaviour.