These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[118.6] Recurring Opportunity removal

First post First post First post
Author
Shanksman
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#241 - 2016-06-26 16:44:18 UTC
When I first saw this feature I thought each day it would be a different opportunity to complete. I look forward to a variety of opportunities to complete for SP as a reward in future. I also thought that it would reset after down time. So, say I did the opportunity just before down time I could do it again right after down time. I'm sure there are a ton of good things to come from the Devs soon. From what I hear the nerf bad on carrier ratting is a BIG one. maybe tone it down a little kinda like you did for the Ishtar in the first pass? please and thanks. ♥ CCP :)
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#242 - 2016-06-26 17:17:23 UTC
Sulfurblade wrote:
So this maybe the first post I have made in the forum... But I felt this was important...

As a returning Veteran, I swore eve off because it doesn't reward a player for playing! Eve is log on and apply your skill que and go play another game or atleast that is what eve was for me!

Since the 10,000 skill points were put in I have logged more hours of eve then I have in years!!! And now you want to take it away... I think its a bad move... My friends and I all returned to the game in our group alone there was about 6 plex's purchased as a result of the 10,000 skill point change to the game....

If you want to return to a game that doesnt reward a player who actively play's then fine. I will likely just sell off my plex's and return to Wurm Online.... But I thought it was important you got my feedback because I returned just because of this feature!!!

So now I will likely go back to just making sure my skill's get que'd up.... So I stay ahead of everyone the joined after me....

I hate that about eve, even though I started well ahead of most many started ahead of me and as long as they play they have that edge on me.... Well I hate games that reward casual... If your online you should get skill points if your not you shouldn't.... Stop letting the casual people have there way if you play a game 24/7 then you should be able to smite a casual player with a lightning bolt from your arse...

GO BACK TO WoW!

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Sulfurblade
Evil Pink Bunnies
#243 - 2016-06-26 17:34:03 UTC
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Sulfurblade wrote:
So this maybe the first post I have made in the forum... But I felt this was important...

As a returning Veteran, I swore eve off because it doesn't reward a player for playing! Eve is log on and apply your skill que and go play another game or atleast that is what eve was for me!

Since the 10,000 skill points were put in I have logged more hours of eve then I have in years!!! And now you want to take it away... I think its a bad move... My friends and I all returned to the game in our group alone there was about 6 plex's purchased as a result of the 10,000 skill point change to the game....

If you want to return to a game that doesnt reward a player who actively play's then fine. I will likely just sell off my plex's and return to Wurm Online.... But I thought it was important you got my feedback because I returned just because of this feature!!!

So now I will likely go back to just making sure my skill's get que'd up.... So I stay ahead of everyone the joined after me....

I hate that about eve, even though I started well ahead of most many started ahead of me and as long as they play they have that edge on me.... Well I hate games that reward casual... If your online you should get skill points if your not you shouldn't.... Stop letting the casual people have there way if you play a game 24/7 then you should be able to smite a casual player with a lightning bolt from your arse...

GO BACK TO WoW!

Go back to Killing an AFK Miner in High sec and award yourself a Medal for your heroic deed!!!
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#244 - 2016-06-26 17:36:01 UTC
Will do.

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Wit Zomb
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#245 - 2016-06-26 18:45:33 UTC
What's WoW?
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#246 - 2016-06-26 18:53:28 UTC
Wit Zomb wrote:
What's WoW?

World Of Weaksauce.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Hark'ma
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#247 - 2016-06-26 20:25:23 UTC
F*&^in lame.

Think things through before giving the people something and then taking it away.

Seriously. Use your heads a little more. This is BS.
Skipper Riddles
Ivory Vanguard
#248 - 2016-06-26 21:57:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Skipper Riddles
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Will do.

Take a hell of a pilot to fly in on an unarmed hi-sec miner and kill him/her. Then turn to excuses to justify it. Reminds me of those discussions with my daughter when she was 6-7.

impressive...
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#249 - 2016-06-26 22:50:20 UTC
Skipper Riddles wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Will do.

Take a hell of a pilot to fly in on an unarmed hi-sec miner and kill him/her. Then turn to excuses to justify it. Reminds me of those discussions with my daughter when she was 6-7.

impressive...

its a V I D E O G A M E about blowing things up, there is 0 justification needed for doing exactly that.
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#250 - 2016-06-27 00:12:20 UTC
Skipper Riddles wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Will do.

impressive...

Oh trust me, I don't need excuses or justifications to blow up retrievers.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#251 - 2016-06-27 00:28:37 UTC
aldhura wrote:
Yep, absolutely not necessary to reward those who log in everyday and play the game... Roll

Ideally, the game would be that reward.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#252 - 2016-06-27 00:32:29 UTC
Geronimo McVain wrote:
The most whining came from vets that patted their 50+M SP and +5 imps and told us, that Dailies are bad and that you really don't need them.

Okay you have won and the noobs have lost: more easy killboard boosting cause this way it takes the noobs longer to be competetive. Evil

I'm looking at a 150+ day skillque for basic skills to have some variety in ships and fly them well. This just cost me around a month additional training time!

I'm really happy that CCP adds some new Titans so that the vets have new toys and I will have more time to admire it, cause I'm missing the skillpoints. I really hope that you enjoy the extra kills.Evil

There are much better ways of helping new players than this lazy mechanic. I posted a suggestion to move the concept of giving SP bonuses into the NPE, for instance: complete the scanning tutorial, get 50k SP to put into scanning skills, and so on.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Will Conerstone
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#253 - 2016-06-27 00:56:18 UTC
I took a break from EVE a couple years ago. I was just tired of the same ole and honestly didn't play enough or have enough hours in the day to sit around camping low security for victims. Which I ended up as at one point. I was at close to 10 million skill points when that happen and just decided I didn't have enough time to really have fun with the game. fast forward 2 or 3 years, I don't remember for sure.

. I decided to reactivate my account after years. Lots of changes. I was a little disappointed in what hasn't changed though. It is interesting to see more private and corporate bases out there. This should be expanded on. I noticed this opportunity for skill points and grabbed an Armageddon to blast these opportunities and play a little catch up on some skills since my player seems a bit unbalanced after years of being deactivated. I didn't know this was a test run. I couldn't kill them fast enough. I basically looted some skill points as fast as I could. That's about it. To easy.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#254 - 2016-06-27 01:07:12 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Wit Zomb wrote:
What's WoW?

World Of Weaksauce.

more like WoW they make HOW much in subscriptions?
Aldaris Malachi
Malachi Industries and Holding
#255 - 2016-06-27 01:50:38 UTC
Skipper Riddles wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Will do.

impressive...

If miners would do one or more of the following

1. tank their ships/make them unappealing to gank

2. not go AFK in space

3. dock at nearest station if they have to go AFK

4. stop assuming hisec is this almighty safe space impervious to ganking

they wouldn't die as often.
Skipper Riddles
Ivory Vanguard
#256 - 2016-06-27 02:12:58 UTC
Aldaris Malachi wrote:
Skipper Riddles wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Will do.

impressive...

If miners would do one or more of the following

1. tank their ships/make them unappealing to gank

2. not go AFK in space

3. dock at nearest station if they have to go AFK

4. stop assuming hisec is this almighty safe space impervious to ganking

they wouldn't die as often.

lol (: There is no way I can disagree with that. I spent 15 minutes thinking about it and I have to say; " I have to agree; You ganked me there " touche

So what you are saying is you have taken it upon yourself to be the fitting police of New Eden. Hands on training has always been the best route. I digress...
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#257 - 2016-06-27 02:15:00 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Wit Zomb wrote:
What's WoW?

World Of Weaksauce.

more like WoW they make HOW much in subscriptions?

What does that matter if the game is crap and for kids?

Skipper Riddles
Ivory Vanguard
#258 - 2016-06-27 02:22:37 UTC
I have to say I recognize less play from 1 year plus member, and a small increase in very new pilots. However, it still seems that over all; They log in, fly out to a combat site, shoot an NPC re-dock, and log out.

I'm pretty sure that is why it is being removed. It is not giving real playtime averages over actual log ins. I'm sure they have an average play time packed in those data files and logs somewhere and this is only making those records less accurate.

HOWEVER!

I still think new players 4-5 months old should have this option to get into the game a little quicker. After talking to several still on their trial get quickly discouraged with restricted or limited activity opposed to the other players. Let the newbies earn that extra SP the rest of us will continue the game, smile about it, and hope the new people use that SP wisely to enjoy some of the things they hear about from vet players 5yr+ and exp. players 4yr-

Professor Humbert
Project Fruit House
#259 - 2016-06-27 04:45:10 UTC
Well the feature didn't make me log in, but made me undock when I did log in.

I won't miss the feature, but it was fun while it lasted.
For me the 10,000SP reward wasn't a game changer (just shaving couple hours off my skill que), but was just enough for me to say 'hell, why not?' and undock.
It has been a bit of 'rediscovering my neighborhood' kinda fun activity, hopping around the belts looking for rats, or traveling to adjacent systems in a frig to find some anomalies.
Added bonus was to actually see the local regulars in their respective ships in space..(mostly mining). We are not exchanging words or pew pews, but being on the same grid just is different from being in the same local.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#260 - 2016-06-27 05:36:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Maldiro Selkurk
Thanks for the kick in the sack......You keep crappy **** like forcing me to keep washing my ship and you get rid of stuff that benefits me like 10,000 sp for killing something.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.