These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Politics by Other Means: Sovereignty Phase Two

First post First post First post
Author
Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2015-03-03 16:05:13 UTC
As a US player in a alliance slanted towards EU for active players, I would just like to say:

"Thanks CCP for stripping me of opportunity to participate in defensive timers for my alliance, now I can instead just sit around and leech off my alliance without having any chance or obligation in participating in defense OTHER THAN RATTING IN DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS"

It's so refreshing to know that not only will I never be around to stop an enemy from fighting for the initial timer, but that 100% of the time, it will always come out in a period of time I won't be there for.

Thanks CCP!
Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#62 - 2015-03-03 16:05:27 UTC
That flashing crap under the first paragraph was so incredibly annoying that I had kill it with ad-block; since human eye is hard-wired to attract on flashy moving things do you have any idea how incredibly annoying it was to even attempt to read that text with that thing constantly whirling and flashing on screen ?
Aryndel Vyst
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2015-03-03 16:05:43 UTC
Tiberian Deci wrote:
GOB the Magician wrote:
Still little reason to actually live in the sov. Perhaps update #37 will address this.

I can think of several:

You enjoy living there
You enjoy living with the people there you live with
You enjoy fighting your neighbors nearby

If that isn't the case for you maybe you're better of in highsec. Or renting.

You're not allowed to say these things unless you've actually taken sov on your own, or been able to defend sov from someone else.
RogueHunteer
Doomheim
#64 - 2015-03-03 16:06:12 UTC
looks niCE!
Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#65 - 2015-03-03 16:06:32 UTC
buff sov benefits to compensate

+20% mining yield per industry index
+20% anomaly cash yield per military index

or some ****

i say this as someone who has never lived in sov and has harassed lots and lots, there needs to be a buff to people living there if there's gonna be such a huge buff to me and mine

i mean why wouldnt you just do lvl 4s and mine in highsec even more than people do already if sov is getting harder to hold
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#66 - 2015-03-03 16:06:36 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Rowells wrote:
are those numbers for entosis module right? 20km for T1 and 25okm for T2?

Yes, that are the numbers right now ... but as the blog says, everything is still in an early stage and we love to hear your feedback and reasons.

I cannot even give you proper feedback and reasons because I'm too angry to articulate my thoughts.
Cheyennes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#67 - 2015-03-03 16:07:07 UTC
EUTZ can play laser tag, USTZ and AUTZ will play hide-and-seek
EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#68 - 2015-03-03 16:09:27 UTC
i just checked, literally the only people praising this design are people in npc corps
RogueHunteer
Doomheim
#69 - 2015-03-03 16:09:33 UTC
Angry Mustache wrote:
Allright guys, since they literally have an AFK cloaker in every one of our systems, we can't rat/min to build indicies.

directorbot: RATTING/MINING CTA @ 2100, Ishtars>tengus>ravens>skiffs

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all at 2014-10-25 04:55:57.479999 EVE, replies are not monitored ****

I understand your feeling on this topic, and point is their no risk for cloaking any were! and no reward here and needs to be address. I'm sure ccp will find away to address this like everything else in the game. Person will have to keep warping every 5 minutes or face to be found type thing. No idea but in do time.
Vigilanta
S0utherN Comfort
#70 - 2015-03-03 16:09:50 UTC
also, did it not occur to you that sov war is now basically a giant frigate fleet, with little or no reason to use anything larger, due to guns playing no part in it, just mobility?
Cheyennes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#71 - 2015-03-03 16:10:02 UTC
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
i just checked, literally the only people praising this design are people in npc corps

Theyre all Test Alts
iP0D
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2015-03-03 16:10:10 UTC
Primary This Rifter wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
Rowells wrote:
are those numbers for entosis module right? 20km for T1 and 25okm for T2?

Yes, that are the numbers right now ... but as the blog says, everything is still in an early stage and we love to hear your feedback and reasons.

I cannot even give you proper feedback and reasons because I'm too angry to articulate my thoughts.

Don't be mad. Remember the old pitfall excuses the last times CCP came up with grand goals to magically solve the consequencies of venture goals setting hard limits for the real devs to work within :P Haters gonna hate & all that.

Look on the bright side though, every goal translates into a distinct focus of dumbing things down, prioritising mechanical gameplay instead of that old tedious immersion crap, making it cheaper to maintain - and extremely easy to throw in some catchy marketing with in order to slowly boil the frogs.

Ghaustyl Kathix
Rising Thunder
#73 - 2015-03-03 16:10:47 UTC
I have one major concern about this: I love how it forces the fight to be spread out to multiple systems, multiple-grid battles are something that should exist more in the game. However, unless I misunderstood something wouldn't this make it harder for a smaller alliance to hold sov if they want to own only a single system?

Greygal wrote:
3. DETEST the "prime time" concept. Will expand more after I cool off over reading that, but it's pretty much screwed any advantage of having Australian-time-zone strong corps in nullsec. This gives HUGE advantage to the existing blocs. It also takes away any chance of small groups that are active in opponent's low-activity time zones the possibility of attacking and taking over someone else's sov. It takes away any opportunity for two large groups that are not in the same time zone to ever fight on a meaningful level.

It's not 100% clear in the dev blog, but the section about the command nodes doesn't mention prime time whatsoever. Probably just need prime time to get to the command node part, then the other time zones can contribute to the struggle over the nodes.

Angry Mustache wrote:
What's to stop a large group from putting 1000 nerds in interceptors, and just burn through 100 systems in 1-2 hours?
Prime time. If your structures are only vulnerable during that block of time, you can make sure you have people to defend it during that block of time. Also, the fitting on the entosis link might be more than an interceptor can take. They also can't warp while the link is active, so you could burn after them with other interceptors.

That said, I think 2 minutes and 250km is a too strong for the T2 link.
Andrea Keuvo
Rusty Pricks
#74 - 2015-03-03 16:11:17 UTC
Please tell me that once the Entosis link is activated on a structure it will not be dependent on maintaining a target lock on the structure. If it does, I'm certain that some entities known for blobbing will show up with 600 ecm ships for every "fight" and sov battles will be even worse than they are now.
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#75 - 2015-03-03 16:11:33 UTC
It seems like this approach is reasonable, though the proposed timers seem really short to me.

I do wonder about doing things like this without also proving some incentive to actually hold sov at the same time (or before the sov mechanics changes). At the very least, CCP should be publishing a little more future roadmap details, like for example is a reward rebalance even planned?

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Tiberian Deci
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2015-03-03 16:11:57 UTC
Aryndel Vyst wrote:
Tiberian Deci wrote:
GOB the Magician wrote:
Still little reason to actually live in the sov. Perhaps update #37 will address this.

I can think of several:

You enjoy living there
You enjoy living with the people there you live with
You enjoy fighting your neighbors nearby

If that isn't the case for you maybe you're better of in highsec. Or renting.

You're not allowed to say these things unless you've actually taken sov on your own, or been able to defend sov from someone else.

We fought off PL for a month instead of negotiating a NIP with them, does that count?
Crysantos Callahan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#77 - 2015-03-03 16:12:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Crysantos Callahan
Not sure what to think about this yet, I like the complete overhaul, but I do see a few huge question marks above my head.

1. different TZ alliances - I don't see any chance to win meaningful sov space of another alliance that lives mostly in another TZ
2. supers - don't get me wrong, not a fan of those - but why should people use them at all, unless as entosis link tank
3. station games in freeport mode
4. 250km range on the t2 mod, seriously!?! you gotta be kidding
5. not sure this system is much easier to grasp than the old one :P
6. Still need more NPC space between certain regions to create easier jump-offs and staging zones

I'll need to read this a few more times and think about possible scenarios.
Tiberian Deci
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2015-03-03 16:13:08 UTC
Andrea Keuvo wrote:
Please tell me that once the Entosis link is activated on a structure it will not be dependent on maintaining a target lock on the structure. If it does, I'm certain that some entities known for blobbing will show up with 600 ecm ships for every "fight" and sov battles will be even worse than they are now.

Maybe they'll make it like triage/siege/bastion where you're immune to electronic warfare while its active. Definitely something worth bringing up.
EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#79 - 2015-03-03 16:13:08 UTC
Two step wrote:
like for example is a reward rebalance even planned?

oh you sweet summer child
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#80 - 2015-03-03 16:13:09 UTC
Can we just bring back the POS grind? I miss the POS grind. Lets just go with POS grind and call it even.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.