These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Politics by Other Means: Sovereignty Phase Two

First post First post First post
Author
Ghaustyl Kathix
Rising Thunder
#81 - 2015-03-03 16:13:46 UTC
Vigilanta wrote:
also, did it not occur to you that sov war is now basically a giant frigate fleet, with little or no reason to use anything larger, due to guns playing no part in it, just mobility?
Get some brick-tanked Hictors with those links on the command nodes backed up by some cruisers with good tracking. P
Gonzo Liberace
Limp Geckos
#82 - 2015-03-03 16:15:08 UTC
In my opinion "Declaring Time Zone" it's a terrible terrible mechanic. Null sec should be the true sandbox of Eve.
Angry Mustache
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#83 - 2015-03-03 16:16:06 UTC
Ghaustyl Kathix wrote:
Vigilanta wrote:
also, did it not occur to you that sov war is now basically a giant frigate fleet, with little or no reason to use anything larger, due to guns playing no part in it, just mobility?
Get some brick-tanked Hictors with those links on the command nodes backed up by some cruisers with good tracking. P

By that you mean Tengus and Eagles, because nothing else can track ceptors at 240.

Meanwhile they can use Slippery Petes to kill your Hictor that you can't rep.

An official Member of the Goonswarm Federation Complaints Department.

Ghaustyl Kathix
Rising Thunder
#84 - 2015-03-03 16:16:21 UTC
Tiberian Deci wrote:
Andrea Keuvo wrote:
Please tell me that once the Entosis link is activated on a structure it will not be dependent on maintaining a target lock on the structure. If it does, I'm certain that some entities known for blobbing will show up with 600 ecm ships for every "fight" and sov battles will be even worse than they are now.

Maybe they'll make it like triage/siege/bastion where you're immune to electronic warfare while its active. Definitely something worth bringing up.

They said the ship can't receive remote assistance while it's active. I assume that'll be the same as triage, siege and bastion.
iP0D
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2015-03-03 16:16:36 UTC
Two step wrote:
It seems like this approach is reasonable, though the proposed timers seem really short to me.

I do wonder about doing things like this without also proving some incentive to actually hold sov at the same time (or before the sov mechanics changes). At the very least, CCP should be publishing a little more future roadmap details, like for example is a reward rebalance even planned?

It's only reasonable without extrapolating consequences for the behavioural tendencies the environment of EVE itself promotes and requires.

It's a roadmap towards the mechanical, low maintenance and low key second decade. A few years late, but that's nothing new.

Also, it's absolutely ironic to see what spills over now and from where. Advocate stakeholders hurray.
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#86 - 2015-03-03 16:16:51 UTC
Baneken wrote:
That flashing crap under the first paragraph was so incredibly annoying that I had kill it with ad-block; since human eye is hard-wired to attract on flashy moving things do you have any idea how incredibly annoying it was to even attempt to read that text with that thing constantly whirling and flashing on screen ?

This animation has been replaced by a still image now that links to the original animation.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Axe Coldon
#87 - 2015-03-03 16:16:57 UTC
My question for the new sov mechanics, what will happen to Ihub build cost and size? I don't suppose you can make them small enough to fit in a jump freighter? It would have the benefit of allowing smaller alliances an easier path to put them in. And for combat, it puts a very expensive freighter (jf) at risk.

atm unless your system you wish to have an ihub is close to a station, the preferred method is bridge the freighter with a Titan. It you make the iHUB 350k or so..then a Jump Freighter could be used instead.

Likewise I would like to see all the upgrades installed fit in a jump freighter. People complain jf pilots take no risks and only jump to station. If you make this change..then additional risks will be taken with jf by those not large or rich enough to own titans.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#88 - 2015-03-03 16:17:01 UTC
Aiwha wrote:
Can we just bring back the POS grind? I miss the POS grind. Lets just go with POS grind and call it even.

How about we just ******* trash the idea of sov rebalance altogether. It's broken, but what was worse about it was the fact that nobody wanted to do it anymore while CCP held the impending rebalance over our heads for the past 2-3 years.
MiliasColds
Strategic Incompetence
Blue Sun Interstellar Technologies
#89 - 2015-03-03 16:17:22 UTC
2 minutes to start the capture on t2, then and additional timer based on index to complete. and it appears that you have to maintain the module activation and lock.

so this seems very reasonable. bringing many links is still helpful as it gives you continual progress if the defender has none of their own, and they just are trying to shoot or harass you away.

similarly for defender multiple links can keep paused.

also i did note that if you start capture on a structure it doesn't degrade to 0 without a defender using a link on it, and if there is progress it remains vulnerable until it is forced to 0 by defender or capture is completed. this is important as it means the "Prime time" only matters if you show up to fix structures, otherwise the structure can remain vulnerable indefinately.
Gypsien Agittain
Gypsy Queens
#90 - 2015-03-03 16:17:39 UTC
Almost forgot that:

/when/
Fatigue + constellation-wide sovops=1
Capitalshipsvalue=0

Just for you to know.
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#91 - 2015-03-03 16:18:19 UTC
iP0D wrote:
Also, it's absolutely ironic to see what spills over now and from where. Advocate stakeholders hurray.

At this point I feel like I should just tag every CSM and ex-CSM member with "shill".
Nami Kumamato
Perkone
Caldari State
#92 - 2015-03-03 16:19:49 UTC
I don't do/like SOV but even to me it looks re-tarded...

Fornicate The Constabulary !

Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
#93 - 2015-03-03 16:19:54 UTC
Anhenka wrote:
As a US player in a alliance slanted towards EU for active players, I would just like to say:

"Thanks CCP for stripping me of opportunity to participate in defensive timers for my alliance, now I can instead just sit around and leech off my alliance without having any chance or obligation in participating in defense OTHER THAN RATTING IN DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS"

It's so refreshing to know that not only will I never be around to stop an enemy from fighting for the initial timer, but that 100% of the time, it will always come out in a period of time I won't be there for.

Thanks CCP!

Good news for you is that I can assume it will be like poco bashing. This also only involves sov not PoS's. And hey even better news maybe you should break away from your blob and form your own group.
Tiberian Deci
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2015-03-03 16:21:15 UTC
Will notifications go out like they do now? Will the entire alliance get a mail that something of theirs is under attack so they can dispatch a fleet to go defend it? Or will it get RF'd and then we get notifications about RF status and the like?
Current Habit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2015-03-03 16:21:33 UTC
AUTZ went from one of the most important and war-deciding elements to being useless sov-wise. I bet they're gonna love that.
Kinis Deren
Mosquito Squadron
D0GS OF WAR
#96 - 2015-03-03 16:21:46 UTC
Quick ninja read whilst at work.

- Thank goodness defensive SBU'ing appears to be a thing of the past.

- I like the fact that the structures can be "mind link attacked" in parallel, rather than the current predictable serial approach that currently exists.

- Overall, the new mechanism makes the battle space much more granular, rather than the predictable series of set piece battles that currently are the norm.

- At this stage, I'm not really seeing how the new mechanics will encourage a break from the existing mega-coalition meta (blue donut, NIP/NAP fest, call it what you like).

The dev blog really deserves a more intensive reading and I'll certainly be spending at least an hour reading it tonight.

I'l be honest, I was really hoping to see jump bridges bite the dust and inject a little more travel risk into null sec. Furthermore, I was also hoping to see moon mineral collection change to an in-space player activity, rather than remain a passive process behind a huge EHP wall (yeah, let's not bother talking about the useless syphons which are easily detectable via the API). Maybe those changes are for Phase III prehaps?

Barbaydos
Kraken Exploration and Janitorial Services
The Initiative.
#97 - 2015-03-03 16:21:52 UTC
RIP AU timezone....

so basically to get any activity in our own timezones we need to join an alliance that corresponds to our main playing times... meaning alliances full of only au or us or eu tz people..... needs more work methinks.

we may as well split nullsec into 3 parts 1 for each TZ and have 4-5 different alliances in each area fight it out.

I like it that CCP is doing something to break nullsec so thats its not so stagnant but the whole prime time vulnerability thing needs to be thrown under a bus.

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2015-03-03 16:22:10 UTC
yay, FW without LP

MiliasColds
Strategic Incompetence
Blue Sun Interstellar Technologies
#99 - 2015-03-03 16:23:16 UTC
a note for out of timezone players (from declared prime time)

you still raise indices which makes things easier to defend.
you can still help with capture events that are ongoing past prime time.
you can be useful attacking other alliances whose prime time aligns with your TZ
you can assist allies
you can contribute to general logistics
you can attrack and reinforces POS and stations services

doesn't seem like nothing to me
Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#100 - 2015-03-03 16:23:16 UTC
Red Teufel wrote:
Anhenka wrote:
As a US player in a alliance slanted towards EU for active players, I would just like to say:

"Thanks CCP for stripping me of opportunity to participate in defensive timers for my alliance, now I can instead just sit around and leech off my alliance without having any chance or obligation in participating in defense OTHER THAN RATTING IN DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS"

It's so refreshing to know that not only will I never be around to stop an enemy from fighting for the initial timer, but that 100% of the time, it will always come out in a period of time I won't be there for.

Thanks CCP!

Good news for you is that I can assume it will be like poco bashing. This also only involves sov not PoS's. And hey even better news maybe you should break away from your blob and form your own group.

Gee, sucks if I actually like the people I fly with and the place I live in, doesn't it.