These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Multisell all the things with Phoebe

First post
Author
Alexa Machavela
KarmaFleet University
#41 - 2014-10-21 15:45:02 UTC
While this will be a great improvement, I do think the tooltip for detailed information is a bit lacking. When I sell items, I find the regional average is far less helpful than knowing the range of prices for buy and sell orders, and for the buy orders, which buy orders are within range (currently highlighted in green on the market window).

Until the highest and lowest buy and sell orders are listed, I will continue using the market order window and the market window both, and I will not be using the details tooltip at all.

Aside from that, I love what you're doing to this window. Switching from using dozens of windows to just one to do the same thing is almost always an improvement.

So long, and thanks for all the isk.

Vic Vorlon
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#42 - 2014-10-21 15:45:11 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:

the same as before. order fails if it's immediate but sets up a new sell order if it has duration.

Perfect timing, I was about to ask about this. i'm a station trader and occasionally benefit from the mistakes of others :) I like that the new screen still preserves the ability of a seller to accidentally put up a sell order at a very low price, thx.

Oh, and +1 vote for putting the percentage above/below the current average price. There's a big difference between a 2% difference and a, say, 60% difference. Putting the same arrow on both is hiding information - the number would be much more useful. And no, please don't put it in a tooltip - I don't want to have to mouse over a lot of icons to gather the information I need.

This is a nice addition to the program, thanks Team Banana Stand!
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#43 - 2014-10-21 15:47:39 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Bienator II wrote:
what is the limit? how many items can you sell at once?

if you're setting up sell orders it's based on your skills

so you can set up hundred at once if you have the skills and the window will support that?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#44 - 2014-10-21 15:52:57 UTC
Nice, nice new feature. This will aid both the mission runner and the trader.

One thing that has always annoyed me. When I set a sell order, the price suggested by the client is never, ever, the price I want. I always have to view market details and re-set the price. Every single time for every single item. If I'm setting orders, this time consuming process makes multi-sell irrelevant. (Although it will still be quite useful when I'm just dumping a pile of mission loot at Jita.)

I wish I had some sort of savable preference option for the suggested sale price. Most of the time I would choose the option "Best in my station", which would set the price to 0.01 ISK below the current lowest sale price in my station. But I could also see "Average in my station" and different ranges, like solar system or region.

In fact if you could just set the suggested price to be the best in the current station by 0.01 ISK rather than what it does currently, that would be good for a large fraction of the players. (If there is not order for that item in the current station, just have it do what it does now.)

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Bytestorm
Liga der hessischen Gentlemen
#45 - 2014-10-21 15:55:25 UTC
What I find disturbing, that if you set to "Immediate"-mode all the orange Items are included in the Total.

And +1 for the percentage instead of the icon (or next to the icon).

And last, but not least: I LOVE THIS FEATURE! GREAT WORK!
Mikron Alexarr
New Age Solutions
#46 - 2014-10-21 15:57:33 UTC
A small request:

On the current sell window, there is a quick click for showing market orders for the currently being sold item. Can we retain that? I usually will try to sell the item and then check the price it's being listed for against the current list of orders. When you aren't selling in Jita, that can be pretty important.

Also, you mentioned skills for the number of items to be sold at once.... are you adding a skill for increasing the number of items you can multisell? Or are you talking about the skills for number of currently active orders affecting the number of items you can multisell?
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#47 - 2014-10-21 15:59:37 UTC
Oh.... I love this Big smile Great feature.

Also.. BANANASmile
Bytestorm
Liga der hessischen Gentlemen
#48 - 2014-10-21 16:03:20 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
I wish I had some sort of savable preference option for the suggested sale price. Most of the time I would choose the option "Best in my station", which would set the price to 0.01 ISK below the current lowest sale price in my station. But I could also see "Average in my station" and different ranges, like solar system or region.

I don't like that idea. That should still be the "job" of the margin-trader. No one would use buy-orders again and none would fulfill.
Schwa Nuts
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2014-10-21 16:04:28 UTC
Shame on CCP for not sending CCP Punkturis to Vegas.
Dwissi
Miners Delight Reborn
#50 - 2014-10-21 16:07:22 UTC
That is one lovely thing to look at - well done indeed!! The pink pony strikes back

Proud designer of glasses for geeky dovakins

Before someone complains again: grr everyone

Greed is the death of loyalty

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#51 - 2014-10-21 16:10:48 UTC
Bytestorm wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:

I don't like that idea. That should still be the "job" of the margin-trader. No one would use buy-orders again and none would fulfill.

Eve is not a job. It's a game.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

HC GularTog
HC Dude's Rough Riders
#52 - 2014-10-21 16:13:08 UTC  |  Edited by: HC GularTog
Quote:
muhadin wrote: This is by far one of the best little things that I'm sure many veteran players have been wishing for. Great work.

.... better late than never I say ..... only something we been wanting and asking for since beta, lolShocked

CCP, I understand that "To err is human", but it shouldn't be the Company Motto...

Par'Gellen
#53 - 2014-10-21 16:13:56 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Eve is not a job. It's a game.

I..... but...... what?

"To err is human", but it shouldn't be the company motto...

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#54 - 2014-10-21 16:14:16 UTC
Kismeteer wrote:
Nice interface, Punkturis! I tried this on sisi, but it was hard to do much testing due to the lack of buy orders.

Is there maybe a group of items we can standardize on sisi to do some major testing? Like some little used item with major buy orders for different types of prices?

That 'buy an entire ship fitting' idea is gold too.

NPC stuff like industrial goods.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Feer Truelight
#55 - 2014-10-21 16:18:27 UTC
Can we get the market detail button? So you get fast and easy to the market details like it is now?

8/7/2006 3:39:36 PM UTC FreeCCP Promotional Game Time 7 Days Paid

6/1/2012 5:48:57 PM UTC PayPal 1 x 1 Month EVE Subscription + Signup €19.95 Paid

CCP took 6 years to convert me to a (still) paying subscriber :)

leeloodallas Multisell
Heavy Metal Incorporated
#56 - 2014-10-21 16:18:53 UTC
I approve of this product and/or service.

Also, WTB orange hair and white rubber suspenders.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#57 - 2014-10-21 16:23:49 UTC
so totally awesome, thank you ccp!

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#58 - 2014-10-21 16:28:55 UTC
the X for removing the item is placed in the middle of the row which is a little intuitive.
http://i.imgur.com/GuWs4s7.png
having it left or right would be better IMO

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Destitute Tehol Beddict
Binary Trading
#59 - 2014-10-21 16:40:36 UTC
<3 will test on singularity soon.

Loot Buying service: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4529397#post4529397

Dangeresque Too
Pistols for Pandas
#60 - 2014-10-21 16:48:57 UTC
I love the idea behind this but stand firm in that the "Regional Average" price is far from accurate. And in many cases needs further adjustment by the player to be actually meaningful which then negates the advantage of a multi-sell window. This is of course because they are using the same value as they give us for "Estimated Value".

Would be an interesting study to go through the market and list how much disparity there is between the "Suggested Price" and the actual lowest sell and highest buy, as well as they avg price for that day or the day before (the little yellow dot). I've seen throughout the game numerous items that were infact completely worthless that had such ridiculous estimated values to make them seem worthwhile, only because some tard had a stupid high sell order buried at the bottom of the market screen in the back end of the region.

So unless they change the accuracy of the value they are providing then I can picture a lot of these new multi-sell orders ending up halfway down the market screen because the information is so horribly incorrect, or in some cases they posted sell prices might actually be lower than a current buy order. And until this Regional Average/Estimated Price is changed to be what it should be, I will continue to right-click and check market orders on everything, negating what is otherwise a good step in the right direction.

But since the market info on Sisi is somewhat, uh, lacking, I see this will be very hard to test out unless someone with more time than me can do the comparison on all (or least least quite a lot of) the items on the markets currently.