These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Multisell all the things with Phoebe

First post
Author
Alundil
Rolled Out
#81 - 2014-10-21 20:18:54 UTC
I see what you did there.....

CCP Punkturis wrote:
muhadin wrote:
This is by far one of the best little things that I'm sure many veteran players have been wishing for. Great work.

@CCP Punkturis: How long until you adapt this for Multibuy? As in for example being able to purchase an entire ships fitting from the saved fitting. Or even a way to copy and paste a list of mods/ships and the amount and being able just to click buy.

this is hardly a little thing but thank you Blink

we have no plans for multi buy yet

I'm right behind you

Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#82 - 2014-10-21 20:43:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Barton Breau
And there i thought we might be able to set a minimum % for immediate sales as to really speed things up...

Use cases seem a bit synthetic so far, but good effort.
Sir Livingston
Doomheim
#83 - 2014-10-21 20:50:18 UTC
MultiSell window doesn't function for me.

I'm in Jita 4-4 (plenty of buy orders), I have multiple items in the multisell window, I have 'Immediate' selected, and then I click the 'Sell' button, but...nothing happens. The multisell window acts as if I didn't click the 'Sell' button.

Also, I cannot remove an item from the multisell window and then add it back to the sale.

Sci-fi games as played by an earthbound human in the 21st century http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPew

HC GularTog
HC Dude's Rough Riders
#84 - 2014-10-21 20:55:28 UTC
Elmanketticks wrote:
OH MY GOD I've been asking for this like since forever! My first proposal thread reaches back to November 2011! THANK YOU so much ! PPPPAttentionAttentionAttentionAttention

LOL, too late .... beta testers been asking far longer for anything like this ... Shocked

CCP, I understand that "To err is human", but it shouldn't be the Company Motto...

Miyammato Musashi
Freeport Exploration
Loosely Affiliated Pirates Alliance
#85 - 2014-10-21 20:57:21 UTC
This may be crazy and too much, but would it be possible to view orders by item type or item category in the station you are selling items? That kind of comparison is required for pricing items correctly. Since we have to do it anyway, such a feature would sure save a lot of clicking. Presently I have to be physically located in the station I'm selling in to reasonably make comparisons based on like and other items within a category/group.

I know that's probably hard to do without cluttering the UI. I just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

I am a meat popsicle. 

XTbe
Drake Interplanetary Inc
#86 - 2014-10-21 21:39:47 UTC
Love the new feature !
Didn't experiment yet that much with it but i would like to have a faster interaction with the market window.

Now I have to right-click and choose "View market details" would love to have a fsster link, like a button next to the item or something like that.

Keep up the good work guys !
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#87 - 2014-10-21 22:03:36 UTC
Thank you Team Banana Stand!

Let's hope there are no big fat hairy tarantulas in this tally of bananas Big smile
Echo Mande
#88 - 2014-10-21 22:20:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Echo Mande
All in all a much needed change and one I'm in favor of.

However, there is one thing I am desperately missing in all jobs (of any type) and that is the ability to set a remark that will be added to any wallet entries (and API pulls) for that job. Keeping track of ISK and materials used, spent and made in largish industrial projects (for instance ones start by running 400 invention jobs) is something that has only become more complex since the industrial changes and is something that looks to become even more complex (multiple ME/TE resultsShocked) with Phoebe.

In terms of the market, adding remarks to orders should also allow easier tracking of multiple orders' income/expenditure within a single wallet (division) without resorting to complex hacks. Come think of it, adding them as an option to direct market actions also makes a lot of sense. I'm fairly certain any broker or merchant would like it.

@CCP Punkturis: Is there any chance of this being implemented soon?
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#89 - 2014-10-21 22:44:39 UTC
Big smileShockedBig smileShockedBig smile
A lot of you are posting to ask me to keep the button to view market details on item, you can still do that as stated in my dev blog (icon in the context being the delta icon)
Dev Blog wrote:
If you click the icon you'll see market details on that item.

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Kyttn
Forging Industries
Silent Infinity
#90 - 2014-10-21 22:57:30 UTC
I'd like to suggest that the X button (for deleting items from the sell window) be a permanent fixture on each item. I'd rather not have to hover around to try and find it if I'm going through a long list of items to remove those whose percentages are out of range of my liking
Destitute Tehol Beddict
Binary Trading
#91 - 2014-10-21 23:06:30 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
A lot of you are posting to ask me to keep the button to view market details on item, you can still do that as stated in my dev blog (icon in the context being the delta icon)
Dev Blog wrote:

Hey the sell button is not working on sisi... I mean it looks all pretty but I cant actually sell the items in my hanger :(

@Kyttn its really obvious were it is

Loot Buying service: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4529397#post4529397

Mrs Comfortable
Doomheim
#92 - 2014-10-21 23:27:47 UTC
So good Punkturis!

So hows about multiple buy orders?

Let us hoover up all the junk that's about to be sold!
Cloon McCloon
Space Fukery
#93 - 2014-10-21 23:30:58 UTC
LOVE this!

Ill probably get lynched for suggesting this, but this should be a SKILL. Higher its trained, the more you can multi-sell, or more options are available. Or have an additional fee when using this service, that if fully trained disappears. That way the bulk loot buyers may still have a job after the patch.
Sir Livingston
Doomheim
#94 - 2014-10-21 23:48:26 UTC
Destitute Tehol Beddict wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Dev Blog wrote:

Hey the sell button is not working on sisi... I mean it looks all pretty but I cant actually sell the items in my hanger :(

@Kyttn its really obvious were it is

I'm experiencing the same problem.

"MultiSell window doesn't function for me.

I'm in Jita 4-4 (plenty of buy orders), I have multiple items in the multisell window, I have 'Immediate' selected, and then I click the 'Sell' button, but...nothing happens. The multisell window acts as if I didn't click the 'Sell' button.

Also, I cannot remove an item from the multisell window and then add it back to the sale."

Sci-fi games as played by an earthbound human in the 21st century http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPew

Nova Necro
Candidate Zero
#95 - 2014-10-22 00:45:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Necro
The cursor isn't moving with the numbers in the sell box of my client.

Type a value in the sell box and the cursor will stay where you first clicked, press delete and it will jump to the end.

Also, why are the arrows inside the textbox it hides the last 1-X digits depending on the sum....
Which brings the next point, the box doesn't scale with value, anything over 10mil will make the last digits unreadable.

The same thing is still happening with dscan window

EDIT: Ain't the buttons pointless anyway given that scroll wheel works?
TigerXtrm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#96 - 2014-10-22 01:04:24 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Dev Blog wrote:

Whoops, must have read over that Lol

All good then, awesome work. Carry on.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#97 - 2014-10-22 02:20:41 UTC
I was promised a pink cat with this feature. I am disappointed.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2014-10-22 05:48:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Zagdul
nvm, good work. :)

still my favorite dev.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#99 - 2014-10-22 05:52:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Dev Blog wrote:

Will have to test it out most people will want to set the market and sell windows side by side as they work down the list.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Max Goldwing
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2014-10-22 06:49:52 UTC
Jacob Holland wrote:
Settings are remembered "for your convenience"!?!

I have long lost track of the number of times I have to transfer funds out of the corp wallet to reimburse myself and others who have sold their own stuff without realising that they (or I) had checked the Save Settings box.

Saving settings is not convenient - at least not from my perspective.

I'd much rather settings were not saved than automatically saved but please give us the option.

+1 for keeping the "Remember settings" button that we currently have, so the user has control over just when the settings are remembered.

Saves you having to revert back every time you sell a few corp items or drop something at immediate instead of 3months etc.