These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

High Sec Hauling/Mining Kills - TY CCP for No Protection

First post First post
Author
Demonfist
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#801 - 2014-08-31 17:44:35 UTC
Darek Castigatus wrote:
No no, by all means keep humiliating yourself Demonfist, its actually quite funny.

Quick hint for you, flouncing off into the sunset loudly delcaring victory actually requires you to be right about something first.

you mistake me for someone that thinks humility is a bad thing. and history is written by the person that bleeds less, what actually happens is usually mostly irrelevant.

eBil Tycoon > we're more like megacapitalistic psychotic space cowboys with raging epeens and 3% real girls.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#802 - 2014-08-31 17:48:33 UTC
Demonfist wrote:
you mistake me for someone that thinks humility is a bad thing.
So why don't you demonstrate some, accept the fact that you were wrong, and bow out of a discussion where you have been proven wrong and have nothing more to offer?
Demonfist
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#803 - 2014-08-31 17:50:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Demonfist
Tippia wrote:
Demonfist wrote:
you mistake me for someone that thinks humility is a bad thing.
So why don't you demonstrate some, accept the fact that you were wrong, and bow out of a discussion where you have been proven wrong and have nothing more to offer?

why don't you scroll back, reread everything i've already typed, accept the fact that i might actually know what i'm talking about, and bow out of a discussion where you've done nothing but say someone is wrong and offer nothing on why or how?

if you want to have an open discussion or debate i'm down for that. i will not respond to "no, you're wrong." "no, you're wrong." "no, you're wrong." 4 year olds do that.

eBil Tycoon > we're more like megacapitalistic psychotic space cowboys with raging epeens and 3% real girls.

Demonfist
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#804 - 2014-08-31 17:52:17 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
The name calling is the only thing left in his arsenal, everything else has been nuked by the application of logic, and people who know what they're on about.

He's been Tippiadokkened.

yeah, except no.

eBil Tycoon > we're more like megacapitalistic psychotic space cowboys with raging epeens and 3% real girls.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#805 - 2014-08-31 17:55:21 UTC
Demonfist wrote:
why don't you scroll back, reread everything i've already typed, accept the fact that i might actually know what i'm talking about
No, I don't do things that are based on lies.
I've read what you've typed. None of it makes any sense, has any connection with reality, or supports what little suggestion of a point you might have had — in fact, what you said directly contradicted and disproved your point.

How and why this happened has already been explained to you and everyone is now waiting you to either acknowledge this or offer up some kind of explanation for the discrepancies. Alternatively, you could offer some other kind of supporting argumentation to further the (very feeble) point you were making.

Or, as mentioned, you can just accept the simple fact that you're wrong.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#806 - 2014-08-31 17:55:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Demonfist wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Demonfist wrote:
you mistake me for someone that thinks humility is a bad thing.
So why don't you demonstrate some, accept the fact that you were wrong, and bow out of a discussion where you have been proven wrong and have nothing more to offer?

why don't you scroll back, reread everything i've already typed, accept the fact that i might actually know what i'm talking about, and bow out of a discussion where you've done nothing but say someone is wrong and offer nothing on why or how?


Demonfist wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
The name calling is the only thing left in his arsenal, everything else has been nuked by the application of logic, and people who know what they're on about.

He's been Tippiadokkened.

yeah, except no.
Are you seriously so deluded that you actually believe the drivel you posted?

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#807 - 2014-08-31 17:55:38 UTC
Its like all my favourite forum wh*res in the same place : ) awesome read


fight, fight , fight : P
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#808 - 2014-08-31 17:58:36 UTC
Duchess Amarrian wrote:

The two that got me are "Luukje" and "Natural CloneKiller". I put up a big bounty on Luk so enjoy your hunting.


Right here says it all... You don't have a clue about Eve game mechanics... This is why you died in the first place

Learn how to play and how game mechanics work.. If you don't you'll hate Eve... This applies to any game for that matter.
virm pasuul
Academy of the Unseen Arts
#809 - 2014-08-31 18:00:12 UTC
Demon when everyone else is telling you that you are wrong you are wrong you have two choices:

1 Sit back and have a think. Is it possible that I am wrong? Maybe so many people telling em I am wrong is a sign that something is wrong. - Down this path lies possible enlightenment. No one is always right. We all make mistakes. Know when you have made a mistake and learning from it is part of growing up and a sign of maturity.

2 Ignore everyone else in the whole world because you are right and everyone else is wrong. Stick you head in the sand, sing lalalala I can't hear you as loudly as you can. Insult people a lot in absence of any logical argument. This method is preferred by small children who don't know any better. This option whilst it may seem like a good idea is not. This option makes you look like a clueless idiot.

I advise option 1 although I think you have your heart set on option 2.
Demonfist
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#810 - 2014-08-31 18:00:27 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Demonfist wrote:
why don't you scroll back, reread everything i've already typed, accept the fact that i might actually know what i'm talking about
No, I don't do things that are based on lies.

lies. you're a funny troll. i like you. Big smile

eBil Tycoon > we're more like megacapitalistic psychotic space cowboys with raging epeens and 3% real girls.

Demonfist
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#811 - 2014-08-31 18:01:34 UTC
virm pasuul wrote:
Demon when everyone else is telling you that you are wrong you are wrong you have two choices:

1 Sit back and have a think. Is it possible that I am wrong? Maybe so many people telling em I am wrong is a sign that something is wrong. - Down this path lies possible enlightenment. No one is always right. We all make mistakes. Know when you have made a mistake and learning from it is part of growing up and a sign of maturity.

2 Ignore everyone else in the whole world because you are right and everyone else is wrong. Stick you head in the sand, sing lalalala I can't hear you as loudly as you can. Insult people a lot in absence of any logical argument. This method is preferred by small children who don't know any better. This option whilst it may seem like a good idea is not. This option makes you look like a clueless idiot.

I advise option 1 although I think you have your heart set on option 2.

everyone told einstein he was wrong. he ignored them. i think i'll pick option 3.

eBil Tycoon > we're more like megacapitalistic psychotic space cowboys with raging epeens and 3% real girls.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#812 - 2014-08-31 18:02:36 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Demonfist wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Demonfist wrote:
using junk 10 mil isk ships to take down a freighter is never unprofitable.
Incorrect.

you're costing someone else 700million at a cost to yourself of 10million. are you really not that bright or simply a troll?


Show me a freighter that only took 10 mil to bring down.

sorry , couldn't resistBig smile.
Dave Stark
#813 - 2014-08-31 18:03:36 UTC
Demonfist wrote:
why don't you scroll back, reread everything i've already typed.

i did, you didn't type out how ganking empty freighters is profitable.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#814 - 2014-08-31 18:03:58 UTC
Demonfist wrote:
i think i'll pick option 3.
Would that be apologising to the tree that is tirelessly producing oxygen so that you can breath?

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#815 - 2014-08-31 18:04:12 UTC
Demonfist, here's your first post in this thread:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4971902#post4971902

Here's a list of all your posts:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=search&postedby=Demonfist

If you could point to me the post where you claim to have proven your point, I'd appreciate it, because I can't find it.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#816 - 2014-08-31 18:04:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Demonfist wrote:
lies. you're a funny troll. i like you. Big smile

In other words, the scenario you describe is unprofitable, and ganking is good for the economy.

Quote:
everyone told einstein he was wrong.
Incorrect.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#817 - 2014-08-31 18:07:26 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Demonfist wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Demonfist wrote:
using junk 10 mil isk ships to take down a freighter is never unprofitable.
Incorrect.

you're costing someone else 700million at a cost to yourself of 10million. are you really not that bright or simply a troll?


Show me a freighter that only took 10 mil to bring down.

sorry , couldn't resistBig smile.
lol nice kill, you should specify that it was a war kill not a gank though.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#818 - 2014-08-31 18:07:38 UTC
Demonfist wrote:
virm pasuul wrote:
Demon when everyone else is telling you that you are wrong you are wrong you have two choices:

1 Sit back and have a think. Is it possible that I am wrong? Maybe so many people telling em I am wrong is a sign that something is wrong. - Down this path lies possible enlightenment. No one is always right. We all make mistakes. Know when you have made a mistake and learning from it is part of growing up and a sign of maturity.

2 Ignore everyone else in the whole world because you are right and everyone else is wrong. Stick you head in the sand, sing lalalala I can't hear you as loudly as you can. Insult people a lot in absence of any logical argument. This method is preferred by small children who don't know any better. This option whilst it may seem like a good idea is not. This option makes you look like a clueless idiot.

I advise option 1 although I think you have your heart set on option 2.

everyone told einstein he was wrong. he ignored them. i think i'll pick option 3.


I almost spit my soda out...

You don't have a god complex at all...
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#819 - 2014-08-31 18:11:18 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Demonfist wrote:
everyone told einstein he was wrong. he ignored them. i think i'll pick option 3.


The only time "everyone" told Einstein he was wrong was when he spent the last decade of his career trying to disprove quantum mechanics because "God doesn't play dice with the Universe." The fact that he ignored the scientific consensus meant that one of the greatest minds in human history was wasted for a decade because he didn't like the way the Universe actually works.

Oh, and he was no stranger to vigorously defending his positions on anything, either.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Studio Ghibli
Rogue University
The Rogue University
#820 - 2014-08-31 18:13:57 UTC
Hi, I'm a Provi-resident.

I like to mine. I mine with friends. We mine together. I discovered that mining in high-sec is kind of dangerous, though.

This morning, I was mining with friends in Providence. I moved there a few years back.

While I was reading this article, an aggressive pilot was reported in a Brutix one system over. We continued to mine.

The Brutix jumped into our system. We continued to mine.

The Brutix warped to me and my miner-friends, and he webbed and scrammed me--so I webbed and scrammed him back, and all three of us deployed our drones against him, and two stealth bombers decloaked and started nailing him with torpedoes.

And then we continued to mine.

The moral of this story?

If you can't do what you're doing where you are, go somewhere where you can do what you want to do.

No one is forcing you to live up in high-sec. If high-sec is untenable, move somewhere else.

And demanding the game cater to your expectations is silly, especially, when it is no mystery that EVE is a very mean and unforgiving game.

Equipping guns is silly, for sure. So tank your ship, or fly a tankier ship. DSTs--not just for deep space anymore.

In other news, looking for more miners. :)