These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

High Sec Hauling/Mining Kills - TY CCP for No Protection

First post First post
Author
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#981 - 2014-09-01 09:28:43 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
I don't see how intelligently responding to false imprisonment and escorting a victim to safety "fundamentally changes what CONCORD is for."


CONCORD is an exclusively punitive mechanic. They punish offenders, that is their entire role.

They do not provide victim's services. That's what Pend is for.

And again, False Imprisonment isn't a crime in EVE. Activating an offensive module on an illegal target is the *only* Criminal Act in EVE.

Quote:

1) I gave strong supporting evidence that freighter ganking has increased...the killboard from the 1 guy I gave you nearly exceeds the 1.4 number per day FROM YOUR OWN SIDE. Check out minerbumping.com for more examples.
2) I pointed out that if optimal bumping renders a ship unable to warp, it is functionally equivalent to warp scrambling
3) I did witness it happening, I was not the victim, I was trying to help the victim escape. (The fact that you listed this as a "lie" is truly mortifyingly stupid.)
4) CONCORD fails to respond to bumping between ganks (not sure how this could possibly be a "lie.")
5) I said that it SHOULD be criminal, not that it currently is (another insane example of a "lie.")
6) I think any rational person sees CONCORD as a police force in highsec.
7) I pointed out how absurd it is to not punish bumping between ganks that is equivalent to false imprisonment (you really have to be delusional to not see this.)
8) I am quite familiar with game mechanics, thank you. And not my fault if you don't how analogies work.

9) Keep up the great work, and have a nice day. "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."


*numbering added for clarity.

1) You claimed that there was an increase in ganking. Evidence of that would consist of showing a trend. And since travel volume isn't a constant, a trend in absolute numbers is not useful evidence for you.
2) Great, then since bumping does not render a ship unable to warp, it is not in any way equivalent to warp scrambling, rendering everything that follows moot. But let's press on anyway.
3) If you were unable to do so, either you or the victim were incompetent or ignorant of the mechanics available.
4) CONCORD also fails to respond to every other non-criminal action
5) Why should bumping be a Criminal Action in EVE?
6) Except the Devs. And anyone who knows how the game mechanics work. And anyone familiar with a police force (I don't know about you, but summary execution isn't part of the PD's role in my town).
7) False Imprisonment isn't a crime in EVE. The only criminal act in EVE is activating an offensive module against a target you're not legally allowed to shoot. You claim to be a lawyer, how do you think you'd do citing Swedish precedent in a Kentucky court?
8) Clearly, you're not, and it has nothing to do with your analogies.

9) You took some sort of debate class in Lawyer training school, right? Can you spot the informal fallacy you commit each time you drop that quote? I'll give you a list of your options.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

TharOkha
0asis Group
#982 - 2014-09-01 09:34:51 UTC
My god.. Even if I LOL on CODE for their pity venture contest, newbies hunt and latest chicken-run from AT, i agree with CCP Falcon on this.

most of the gankers have -10.00 sec status - they can be freely attacked anywhere in hisec, even with npc police support

Most of the ganks occurs in 0.5 or 0.6 bottleneck systems like Uedama, Niarja, Madimire... Everybody knows where they operate so why not to fit catalyst or trasher and hunt for them and protect "innocent haulers"?

Gankers are really easy prey, They usually fly untanked glass canons. Simple cheap Alpha Trasher will tore them to shreds.+ you can wh*re on Concord Killmails

And yet, i see so little anti-gankers in those systems (Uedama, Niarja etc).
Velicitia
XS Tech
#983 - 2014-09-01 09:41:52 UTC
TharOkha wrote:
And yet, i see so little anti-gankers in those systems (Uedama, Niarja etc).


Because being there, and actively doing something about "the bad guys" means that they have to put in ~effort~.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#984 - 2014-09-01 09:43:51 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
TharOkha wrote:
And yet, i see so little anti-gankers in those systems (Uedama, Niarja etc).


Because being there, and actively doing something about "the bad guys" means that they have to put in ~effort~.


They cant even bother themselves to tank their ****.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#985 - 2014-09-01 10:05:18 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
baltec1 wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
TharOkha wrote:
And yet, i see so little anti-gankers in those systems (Uedama, Niarja etc).


Because being there, and actively doing something about "the bad guys" means that they have to put in ~effort~.


They cant even bother themselves to tank their ****.


Worse, they can't even bother to leave their ships unfit.

[Obelisk, Better Fit than Most Gank Targets]

[Empty Low Slot]
[Empty Low Slot]
[Empty Low Slot]

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Fr3akwave
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#986 - 2014-09-01 10:08:49 UTC
Isn't this thread ripe for closing?

I mean, for the last 30 pages this whole discussion is circling around OP insisting that bumping to prevent a victim from warping for an extended period of time is a crime, while in reality it isn't. Any attempts to make that clear to him are by now being responded to with expressions like "delusioned" or "insane".

I mean, this can go on forever, but the fact are bumping is not illegal, does not prevent you from warping, and CONCORD is not a police force, and this guy wont accept it for the next 200 pages.

So, what's the point in continuing?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#987 - 2014-09-01 10:13:38 UTC
Fr3akwave wrote:
Isn't this thread ripe for closing?

I mean, for the last 30 pages this whole discussion is circling around OP insisting that bumping to prevent a victim from warping for an extended period of time is a crime, while in reality it isn't. Any attempts to make that clear to him are by now being responded to with expressions like "delusioned" or "insane".

I mean, this can go on forever, but the fact are bumping is not illegal, does not prevent you from warping, and CONCORD is not a police force, and this guy wont accept it for the next 200 pages.

So, what's the point in continuing?


Strike this thread down and another will replace it.
CCP Falcon
#988 - 2014-09-01 10:17:29 UTC
Fr3akwave wrote:
Isn't this thread ripe for closing?

I mean, for the last 30 pages this whole discussion is circling around OP insisting that bumping to prevent a victim from warping for an extended period of time is a crime, while in reality it isn't. Any attempts to make that clear to him are by now being responded to with expressions like "delusioned" or "insane".

I mean, this can go on forever, but the fact are bumping is not illegal, does not prevent you from warping, and CONCORD is not a police force, and this guy wont accept it for the next 200 pages.

So, what's the point in continuing?


Yes, this thread is ripe for closing, because it's gone completely off topic now.

Locked.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3