These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Hyperion Feedback Thread] Mass-Based Spawn Distance After WH Jumps

First post First post First post
Author
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#1161 - 2014-08-22 19:59:53 UTC
Siliya wrote:
so far the Wormhole CSM has either
A) not done his job properly and flat ignored the player base that is screaming about this change
B) is being screwed just like the res of us

Id like to believe its B but from the Lack of communication I'm inclined to believe its A

I think you will find it's B, the amount of work corbexx has but into trying to fight CCP with these changes is evident if you were actually at the meeting. Once CCP Fozzie left, it was up to corbexx to answer questions and he did a damn fine job. It is even him pushing for the reverse mass / distance spawn.

As already stated, he doesn't have much power in terms of decision making. But he does a fine job of telling them that they're screwing with smallers class groups.

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

OMEGA REDUX
Last Resort Inn
#1162 - 2014-08-22 20:41:41 UTC
Katerin Archer wrote:
Jack Marshal wrote:
This maybe considered a bit of a troll

but hey, at the current time i am still paying to play the game. So entertain me.

Anyone From CCP If your Reading this do the Infamous

X up ....

wonder how many Days, if Ever we See an x

And every player who thinks that those ubercoalitions have lost their edge as player-made content-generators and small groups need more love, "Z" up.

so,

Z

z
Winthorp
#1163 - 2014-08-22 21:58:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Winthorp
Valenthe de Celine wrote:

I'm sure when gates in 0.0 have polarization and cynos give a mass based random chance for scatter placing your fleet of supers out of position of each other the Null crowd will have a 500 page thread of tears. In the meantime, please don't bother commenting on a sector of space you just visit briefly on the way back to your hovels out in the big blue donut. Unlike in Nullsec, most everyone in WH space is actively trying to kill you, not just exact tolls to cover Sov bills in exchange for blue status.

If you ever bothered to stop by and discuss any WH mechanics/Ideas EVER you would know i live 100% in WH's and have done for a long time.

But i also post on my main unlike you who is scared of their own shadow.
Valenthe de Celine
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1164 - 2014-08-22 22:35:34 UTC
Winthorp wrote:

I'm sure when gates in 0.0 have polarization and cynos give a mass based random chance for scatter placing your fleet of supers out of position of each other the Null crowd will have a 500 page thread of tears. In the meantime, please don't bother commenting on a sector of space you just visit briefly on the way back to your hovels out in the big blue donut. Unlike in Nullsec, most everyone in WH space is actively trying to kill you, not just exact tolls to cover Sov bills in exchange for blue status.

If you ever bothered to stop by and discuss any WH mechanics/Ideas EVER you would know i live 100% in WH's and have done for a long time.

But i also post on my main unlike you who is scared of their own shadow.

Your name means nothing to me. Just as mine means nothing to you. If your arguments can't stand on their own, I see no point to paying you any more heed than any other troll or flamer or flaming troll or nullbear or whatever you want to not be called. You may have lived in a WH since 5 years before they existed. I don't care. But if you are actually trying to generate debate, avoiding BS quotes might help. Statements like:

Winthorp wrote:
Please continue going full ******.

Yeah. That. Makes you just look like the kind of horse's backside I've come to expect from any forum troll. So I'm simply responding to your own eloquence and wit in kind. Enjoy.

As to "posting on my main" you are damned presumptive that I even have a "main" in this game where the average player seems to have 3+ accounts. I am posting on the character I am most vocal on. If that sticks in your croup, good. Not like a siilent, nearly meaningless WH character that's a few years old and never once spoke in a forum means any more. But go ahead, try to say otherwise.

I just get all giddy when blowhards get all huffy during an argument. They seem to always deflate and get this windsock thing going. (Yeah, I'll just delete those next three lines and call it good.)
Winthorp
#1165 - 2014-08-22 22:52:12 UTC

As to "posting on my main" you are damned presumptive that I even have a "main" in this game where the average player seems to have 3+ accounts. I am posting on the character I am most vocal on. If that sticks in your croup, good. Not like a siilent, nearly meaningless WH character that's a few years old and never once spoke in a forum means any more. But go ahead, try to say otherwise.

No see you are posting on a character that has only ever posted since the Hyperion changes announced so i don't see how it could ever be your most vocal character.

You call me out for being in nullsec when your character posted with is in a HS NPC corp. You see when i post here and have argued strongly for these changes i have posted with my main that lives in a WH and actually puts assets at risk with what i say unlike you who is too scared to post with your main.

So yes when you post with your main it will make a difference to how i interact with you like i have interacted with other people here in more meaningful discussion on the mechanics of these changes, but seriously why would i bother posting anything of meaning to you when you will just recycle your character to your next alt when the discussion doesn't go your way.

This thread had meaningful discussions in the first 20 pages and all it is now is whining people that need to accept what is coming and start working on how they will adapt to them.
Valenthe de Celine
Gallente Federation
#1166 - 2014-08-22 23:24:04 UTC
Winthorp wrote:
No see you are posting on a character that has only ever posted since the Hyperion changes announced so i don't see how it could ever be your most vocal character.

You call me out for being in nullsec when your character posted with is in a HS NPC corp. You see when i post here and have argued strongly for these changes i have posted with my main that lives in a WH and actually puts assets at risk with what i say unlike you who is too scared to post with your main.

So yes when you post with your main it will make a difference to how i interact with you like i have interacted with other people here in more meaningful discussion on the mechanics of these changes, but seriously why would i bother posting anything of meaning to you when you will just recycle your character to your next alt when the discussion doesn't go your way.

This thread had meaningful discussions in the first 20 pages and all it is now is whining people that need to accept what is coming and start working on how they will adapt to them.

Because I know forums are the domain of trolls and where the tears of the innocent flow. I had no reason to post before, as there wasn't much stake in any of the stuff I read. In addition to that, most of the things I read had well thought out statements by plenty of other players that more than covered any issues or concerns I could have echoed in my posts. But this change, on this region of space...

I've been silent until now because I don't know (or care about) the actions in nullsec. I don't fly there, or hunt there, or own anything requiring SOV to anchor, or reside in something with a jump drive requirement instead of being able to use gates. Why should I weigh in on a section of space I regard as largely empty, rather boring (cause my friends don't fly there), and just plain foreign.

I do fly in highsec. I run missions. I have run almost every level of every form of mission in highsec, including every epic arc but Minmatar. I have mined, refined, manufactured T1, invented and manufactured T2, and played with almost every aspect of industry except (for obvious reasons) moon harvesting and reactions. Reactions may be changing, once the industry side of even stabilizes long enough to discern a profitable route to go in. I've even ganked my share of newbs and bittervets, including podding folks dumb enough to autopilot their capsules and leopards. Highsec is a known element to me.

I've flown some PVP roams in lowsec. Frigates and cruisers, nothing too pricey, just enough to get my feet wet way back in the when. I don't reside in lowsec, I've run my fair share of camps, died to a few of them even, and know what systems to avoid at what times of day while in a shuttle. (It also helps to use a map.)

All of my recent experiences are inside wormholes, C1, C2, C3, and for a few months C5. I've helped kill T3s using T3s, chased off gankers with battleships, rolled holes, scouted, ran sites solo and in groups up to 12 or so. Its a tight knit community. If you know anything about wormholes, then whats the first rule of wormholes? And I don't mean the part about probes and a probe launcher. My WH characters have no place speaking, here or in game. But I've spent around 18 months of my rather limited EVE experience living in some level of wormhole, and my thoughts and opinions and experiences finally mean something for a topic that is near and dear to what I love about the game. So now I post, when its time to say something for myself, about an area of space and an aspect of living there that I'm acutely aware of.

That cover it well enough for you, Mr. Forum Warrior sir?
Winthorp
#1167 - 2014-08-22 23:26:22 UTC
Classic NPC ALT Ramblings

Come back to me when you can use your set of balls and post with your main.
Valenthe de Celine
Gallente Federation
#1168 - 2014-08-22 23:30:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Valenthe de Celine
Winthorp wrote:

Normal response when denied the ability to directly threaten folks in game.

Indeed

Edit:
P.S. it was soooo hard not to just pick a random person from a no-name corp somewhere and list that as a main, but I'm not that despicable and heartless... even to folks I don't like.
Winthorp
#1169 - 2014-08-23 00:04:42 UTC
Winthorp wrote:

Normal response when denied the ability to directly threaten folks in game.

Indeed

Edit:
P.S. it was soooo hard not to just pick a random person from a no-name corp somewhere and list that as a main, but I'm not that despicable and heartless... even to folks I don't like.

Standard response from a paranoid HS pubbie thinking everyone is out to get him/her.
Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#1170 - 2014-08-23 01:07:10 UTC
Main character or not.

You have it half right. It should be main character or GTFO.

Here's your complimentary Bag O' Dix, cya later.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#1171 - 2014-08-23 01:29:23 UTC
Maybe the wormhole community should die.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Valenthe de Celine
Gallente Federation
#1172 - 2014-08-23 01:36:31 UTC
Winthorp wrote:
Standard response from a paranoid HS pubbie thinking everyone is out to get him/her.

Paranoid? Maybe, maybe not.

Highsec? I already stated that, but you deleted that, only to restate it again, here. Now I am reconfirming that which I previously stated, just so we're clear on this.

Yes, I spent a pile of time in highsec.

Great argument. What does this have to do with my arguments about wormhole space? Oh, right, nothing.

I've likely logged more hours in the past year than you did in your characters' previous three. That doesn't make my time any more or less meaningful. My experiences are what matters, not some date on a calendar or some killmail you can't look up about me or some other measure of what I said versus what you've said. Suck it up, deal, or move on.
Paikis wrote:
Main character or not.
You have it half right. It should be main character or GTFO.

Here's your complimentary Bag O' Dix, cya later.
I log most of my play hours on this character. Define "main" again? Oh, wait, I think I just did. Moving along.

For the rest of the argument, see above, and stop crying cause you can't find enough info to try anything else other than random insult number 3. I really did think EVE forums were the same as every other game I'd been in, hence no real reason to post here. I decided it might be worth speaking out against changes I find harful to the game. But, alas, here comes the forum warrior troll corp.
Nolak Ataru
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1173 - 2014-08-23 02:15:53 UTC
log most of my play hours on this character. Define "main" again? Oh, wait, I think I just did. Moving along.

I'd probably define it as the character you do the most activities with, the most chats / convos with, or the most roles in an alliance/corp, not counting ceo holding toons.
OMEGA REDUX
Last Resort Inn
#1174 - 2014-08-23 02:58:59 UTC
Nolak Ataru wrote:
log most of my play hours on this character. Define "main" again? Oh, wait, I think I just did. Moving along.

I'd probably define it as the character you do the most activities with, the most chats / convos with, or the most roles in an alliance/corp, not counting ceo holding toons.

most play hours = most activities, you do know that right?
Valenthe de Celine
Gallente Federation
#1175 - 2014-08-23 04:54:21 UTC
OMEGA REDUX wrote:
Nolak Ataru wrote:

most play hours = most activities, you do know that right?

For some reason folks think an NPC corp character can't be my main. Not sure I understand that. I'm more active and more vocal as part of this starter corp.

Several of the characters I have in player corps end up with no one online but me. Lets face it, many small corps are virtually inactive, or selectively inactive depending the the group's work schedules. In addition, a PI and industry alt doesn't make sense to be called a main just because they are a CEO of a holding corp tucked away in a corner of Minmatar space.

So for every 23 hours on this character, chatting, mission running, etc., I log about an hour of my other, player corp characters.
Winthorp
#1176 - 2014-08-23 05:48:48 UTC

So for every 23 hours on this character, chatting, mission running, etc., I log about an hour of my other, player corp characters.

So then you are not even in WH space and trying to call me some nullsec bad?

See this is why your opinion means SFA while you are in an NPC corp, no one can even gauge your experience that your view point comes from and won't even bother going into a detailed discussion with you. We all just see NPC alt /ignore.
Winthorp
#1177 - 2014-08-23 05:59:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Winthorp

I've likely logged more hours in the past year than you did in your characters' previous three. That doesn't make my time any more or less meaningful. My experiences are what matters, not some date on a calendar or some killmail you can't look up about me or some other measure of what I said versus what you've said. Suck it up, deal, or move on.

See and this is where you don't seem to get it, only you know your experience and all we can see to judge your experience from is that history that you chose to hide from us.

But please keep getting up on your pedestal about how we should recognise your NPC status, because this whole time no one has had any discussion with you on any merits of your arguments while you talk on an your NPC alt.

NPC alts are so high and mighty its disturbing. I am a little bored now, back later.
Van Steiza
Whale Girth
#1178 - 2014-08-23 09:16:11 UTC
The only opinions that matter in this thread are the opinions of people who live in wormhole space.
All of the people who live in here are associated to a corp of some kind and again most of those corps are recognized.

If you are not posting from ur main who resides in a wormhole corp your opinion means sweet **** all.
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1179 - 2014-08-23 18:27:40 UTC
Van Steiza wrote:
The only opinions that matter in this thread are the opinions of people who live in wormhole space.
All of the people who live in here are associated to a corp of some kind and again most of those corps are recognized.

If you are not posting from ur main who resides in a wormhole corp your opinion means sweet **** all.

Bzzzt wrong. Its precisely for this eletist attitude that CCP or anyone else won't take you seriously.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Rahelis
Doomheim
#1180 - 2014-08-23 19:56:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Rahelis
60 pages of carebear whining.

WH space should be dark and unforgiving - you made WH space an ISK farm.

Best would be to remove POSs form WH space.

CCP wants to change WH space form an ISK farm to that space is was planned - a dangerous, chaotic and hellish space.