These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What Should I Use To Kill Sleepers In WH?

Author
Som Boty
Super Mother Fan Club
#221 - 2016-05-03 04:22:10 UTC
Hypothetical, I have four identical rr-shield domi pilots, but I can't even run gas sites in a C5. What's my move?
Trixi Laminer
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#222 - 2016-05-03 08:28:23 UTC
You could train up 4 kronos pilots perhaps?
Or 2 oneiros and 2 dps battleships / heavy cruisers of choice should work.
Odin Skydiver
Alexylva Paradox
#223 - 2016-05-03 12:16:08 UTC
Kaphraxus wrote:
Odin Skydiver wrote:
Update to Ghetto Golem aka C4 Raven https://youtu.be/4UcgsRHkUXI.

what fit? Is that on sisi?

Run was done in sisi and original fit is in youtube description but there is updated fit anyway.
Works away faster when having two of these in a same site (3x ravens can use fury all the time because of 3 tps).

[Raven, Raven: C4]

Ballistic Control System II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Pith B-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
Target Painter II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5

Implants: Slot 6 EO-602 and Slot 8 EM-802 (also works with 601&801).
Fiendish Dr Wu
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#224 - 2016-05-03 12:26:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Fiendish Dr Wu
Som Boty wrote:
Hypothetical, I have four identical rr-shield domi pilots, but I can't even run gas sites in a C5. What's my move?

Marauders or more appropriately in this case, cap transfer rattlesnakes are the norm in C5 space.
Check my recent losses for a fit, blood union caught me panic warping 2 of them back to our static whilst my girlfriend was distracting me just the other day :P (why is it always the new sig spawns in the 5 minutes that you're not paying attention?!)

Edit: Also the gas sites are amongst the harder sites to be fair. Mostly you run Garrisons for isk then roll.
Som Boty
Super Mother Fan Club
#225 - 2016-05-03 14:47:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Som Boty
Fiendish Dr Wu wrote:
Som Boty wrote:

Marauders or more appropriately in this case, cap transfer rattlesnakes are the norm in C5 space.
Check my recent losses for a fit, blood union caught me panic warping 2 of them back to our static whilst my girlfriend was distracting me just the other day :P (why is it always the new sig spawns in the 5 minutes that you're not paying attention?!)

Edit: Also the gas sites are amongst the harder sites to be fair. Mostly you run Garrisons for isk then roll.

Thanks for the fit! I've been considering migrating to rattlesnakes for a few weeks but i've struggled to find a fit that I like. I will check this out.

Edit: also why are core Garrison's preferred?
Som Boty
Super Mother Fan Club
#226 - 2016-05-03 14:49:22 UTC
Trixi Laminer wrote:

I was thinking about marauders, but if i did that, wouldn't it be better to do golems?
Fiendish Dr Wu
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#227 - 2016-05-04 15:15:32 UTC
Som Boty wrote:

Edit: also why are core Garrison's preferred?

Even rattlesnakes struggle to tank some of the anomalies, they can only really do the garrisons and I think the Oruzes.

Pretty sure only marauders and Capitals can manage them all.

Not that its usually a problem, if you find a hole worth running sites in you'll run out of patience before anomalies :P
Johng Kahn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#228 - 2016-05-05 12:27:21 UTC
Well considering that marauders are now a flying weapons timer and a proper c5 one is about 3 bill it's actually more efficient to do it in rattles these days.

Some may find it surprising but it only takes 2 basi and 3 600 dps gila to do all the c5 sites. If you have friends that may be the better choice and the lowest isk investment over all.

Due to application you will actually clear sites faster then a pair of marauders will.

I have found the optimal gila amount though to be 5.
Som Boty
Super Mother Fan Club
#229 - 2016-05-05 23:33:20 UTC
Johng Kahn wrote:
Well considering that marauders are now a flying weapons timer and a proper c5 one is about 3 bill it's actually more efficient to do it in rattles these days.

Some may find it surprising but it only takes 2 basi and 3 600 dps gila to do all the c5 sites. If you have friends that may be the better choice and the lowest isk investment over all.

Due to application you will actually clear sites faster then a pair of marauders will.

I have found the optimal gila amount though to be 5.

why gilas instead of rattles? have you tried that composition with the new c5 sites?
Johng Kahn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#230 - 2016-05-06 13:33:56 UTC
New vs old c5 sites are only changed for capitol escalation waves. So the original sites still follow the same triggers and spawns.

In truth the reality is that if you have more then 5 people your really better in gilas as the applied dmg is much better and the medium drones get to their targets much faster then with rattles. If you are providing logi for the rattles instead of them just being cap transfer then your still taking 2 to 3 pilots that could pew and putting them into basi.

The gila's also have a better sig tanking ability so what logi you are providing has to work less to tank more. Without proper tests i would say the balance to decide between cap transfer rattles vs logi supported gila would be any more then say 6 people i would go with gila/basi.

On a side note dead hobs are cheaper then dead gecko's
Johng Kahn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#231 - 2016-05-06 13:41:04 UTC
Som Boty wrote:
Trixi Laminer wrote:

I was thinking about marauders, but if i did that, wouldn't it be better to do golems?

Golems are so so by themselves but when teamed up with a vargur or pally they amplify the pew factor tremendously due to having hugin level paints.

Pally and vargur definitely have the best overall tank. Pally has to be able to fit for cap sacrificing dps for certain waves more then the others but hits like a mad man.

One of my toons flies golem and I like it for the most part. Mostly because it's fairly ez mode in c4 and c3. Though rattle is far more efficient in c3.
Max Caulfield
Perkone
Caldari State
#232 - 2016-06-27 16:54:34 UTC
Shameless self-promotion: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6478096#post6478096

https://o.smium.org/profile/9573

Extensively tested Legion and Tengu fits for C3 anomalies and below. With some modifications they are able to run C3 signatures too. They will also do first wave of Unsecured Frontier Server Bank and Forgotten Core Data Field, which are C5 signatures - they net 37mil worth of blue loot and one of them has talocan can too.
Keller12
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#233 - 2016-07-14 13:08:44 UTC
Thank you for the info, Max C. Smile
Adoris Nolen
Sama Guild
#234 - 2016-07-16 09:34:13 UTC
Som Boty wrote:

Train cruise ravens. book mark 300km away and shoot missiles. A single raven can clear cores in C5 black hole. {takes a while though}
Jaffa Kooma
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#235 - 2016-07-25 12:47:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaffa Kooma
Adoris Nolen wrote:
Som Boty wrote:

Train cruise ravens. book mark 300km away and shoot missiles. A single raven can clear cores in C5 black hole. {takes a while though}

didn't they fix FoF missiles so the sleepers still aggro from far away?

EDIT: tested this myself on sisi, it DOES NOT WORK anymore.
Agt Dunham
State War Academy
Caldari State
#236 - 2016-08-14 02:56:16 UTC
What ships would you want to use in a Magnetar Wormhole for C3 and up ?
Zoltan Lazar
#237 - 2016-08-14 04:39:29 UTC
Agt Dunham wrote:
What ships would you want to use in a Magnetar Wormhole for C3 and up ?

Same as you would use for non-magnetar but fit more tracking/application. Tengu, rattlesnake are of course king.
Muffin Paladin
Iron.Guard
Fraternity.
#238 - 2016-08-17 05:50:18 UTC
Hey all, I've been considering getting myself a Tengu to make some ISK on day trips to WH space. You guys got any fits you would recommend? I was thinking no higher than C3, probably C2 to start with.

Thank you very much :)
Kalmr Varys
State War Academy
Caldari State
#239 - 2016-08-17 17:51:05 UTC
Muffin Paladin wrote:
Hey all, I've been considering getting myself a Tengu to make some ISK on day trips to WH space. You guys got any fits you would recommend? I was thinking no higher than C3, probably C2 to start with.

Thank you very much :)

https://o.smium.org/loadout/87511

Take that, drop a guidance computer for a boost amp until you get comfortable with piloting transversal in sites.

Alternatively, there's a fit linked in its description which gets a much better cap profile but has a bit less DPS.
Orange Aideron
Voidlings
New. Sig.
#240 - 2016-08-26 00:38:46 UTC
Som Boty wrote:

You can solo these in a shiny paladin, or a carrier/high angle dread