These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Is the Naga dead to you, or are you still excited for it?

Author
Jude Lloyd
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2011-11-18 20:44:54 UTC
TrollFace TrololMcFluf wrote:
caldari tears aka carebear tears BEST TEARS


Your logic is faulty.

I have never PVE'd once since playing this game, and I fly Caldari.

Caldari is the best race for PVP.

I'm back!

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#82 - 2011-11-18 20:46:15 UTC
Eva Blacklist wrote:
For me,the excitement of the expansion was the Naga plus torpedoes. To be frank, if I wanted a gun-based boat it would be the Oracle (which is major sexy). It appears the management of CCP continues to be out-of-touch with a part of its player base.


The Naga is now competitive instead of another lolCaldari ship.

CCP has listened to a long neglected, much larger part of its playerbase and a huge part of Caldari/Gallente gameplay.

You don't know this because you started playing eve around the time hybrids became completely useless.

I don't know how to explain this.. it's like trying to explain life before the internet to a person under 20. There's a whole big part of Caldari and Gallente playstyles that has been left behind and finally brought to the forefront.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Princess Cellestia
Friendship is Podding
#83 - 2011-11-18 20:49:32 UTC
Cambarus wrote:
Eva Blacklist wrote:
For me,the excitement of the expansion was the Naga plus torpedoes. To be frank, if I wanted a gun-based boat it would be the Oracle (which is major sexy). It appears the management of CCP continues to be out-of-touch with a part of its player base.

Quite the opposite, the naga was by far the worst tier 3 bc, now it isn't. People pointed out that the split weapon system was terrible, and CCP listened.



Listened the wrong way though, should have stuck with torps. Sniping is dead, at 100 you're still well within range of arties and just a few shots and you're dead, way before you do any real damage to an enemy, past 100, you're still screwed because you'll get probed out. Bout the only place you'll see these is low sec gatecamps for sniping industrials. The torp naga was an awesome anti-battleship/anti-cap platform. As for the idea of using these things to do missions or to rat, good luck, the second you get hit with a scram/web frig you're dead, period.
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#84 - 2011-11-18 20:51:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Gaines
Jude Lloyd wrote:
TrollFace TrololMcFluf wrote:
caldari tears aka carebear tears BEST TEARS


Your logic is faulty.

I have never PVE'd once since playing this game, and I fly Caldari.

Caldari is the best race for PVP.


Quote:
Combat record for Jude Lloyd

Favourite prey: Battlecruiser
Favourite ship: Imperial Navy Slicer

Kills With:

Crow 5
Caldari Navy Hookbill 2
Imperial Navy Slicer 21
Thrasher 1
Cynabal 33


Okie dokie. Then use Caldari more.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#85 - 2011-11-18 21:00:00 UTC
Well, I went from being able to fly it with my caldari toon perfectly to not at all. Do I really care? Probably not because the torp raven I fly will do the same job as a torp naga but better (short of slower align).

I will miss flying the new ship just because it's new. May use one as my high sec taxi for a little while slow boat afking around.
Cambarus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2011-11-18 22:19:06 UTC
Princess Cellestia wrote:
Cambarus wrote:
Eva Blacklist wrote:
For me,the excitement of the expansion was the Naga plus torpedoes. To be frank, if I wanted a gun-based boat it would be the Oracle (which is major sexy). It appears the management of CCP continues to be out-of-touch with a part of its player base.

Quite the opposite, the naga was by far the worst tier 3 bc, now it isn't. People pointed out that the split weapon system was terrible, and CCP listened.



Listened the wrong way though, should have stuck with torps. Sniping is dead, at 100 you're still well within range of arties and just a few shots and you're dead, way before you do any real damage to an enemy, past 100, you're still screwed because you'll get probed out. Bout the only place you'll see these is low sec gatecamps for sniping industrials. The torp naga was an awesome anti-battleship/anti-cap platform. As for the idea of using these things to do missions or to rat, good luck, the second you get hit with a scram/web frig you're dead, period.

The effects of probing are lessened considerably by the fact that the tier 3 BCs align much quicker than BSs. What's more is that the whole torp idea was terrible to begin with, you're a shield tanked ship, made of paper, that has to get into megapulse optimal in order to hit anything...

And all this whining from people who fly caldari and don't have gunnery skills is hilarious. Not training hybrids as caldari is like not training drones as gallente. You don't get to whine because CCP boosted a caldari ship in a way that entails using hybrids over missiles.
Jimmy Caldari
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#87 - 2011-11-18 22:37:43 UTC
I can use both rails and torps, but i generally prefer missiles in my caldari, i cross trained minmatar for their guns when i realised how terrible hybrids were. In naga i was hoping for a fantastic torp glass cannon, but now all im gonna get is an eagle with big guns. Hybrids are going to be the domain of the talos, why make naga stick with them too?

OT Smithers
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#88 - 2011-11-18 22:52:12 UTC
Jimmy Caldari wrote:
I can use both rails and torps, but i generally prefer missiles in my caldari, i cross trained minmatar for their guns when i realised how terrible hybrids were. In naga i was hoping for a fantastic torp glass cannon, but now all im gonna get is an eagle with big guns. Hybrids are going to be the domain of the talos, why make naga stick with them too?



Answer: Because this was easier for CCP. And yes, they are (as usual) pretty much ******* Caldari pilots.
Korg Tronix
Mole Station Nursery
#89 - 2011-11-18 22:56:41 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
Jude Lloyd wrote:
TrollFace TrololMcFluf wrote:
caldari tears aka carebear tears BEST TEARS


Your logic is faulty.

I have never PVE'd once since playing this game, and I fly Caldari.

Caldari is the best race for PVP.


Quote:
Combat record for Jude Lloyd

Favourite prey: Battlecruiser
Favourite ship: Imperial Navy Slicer

Kills With:

Crow 5
Caldari Navy Hookbill 2
Imperial Navy Slicer 21
Thrasher 1
Cynabal 33


Okie dokie. Then use Caldari more.


I think you should probably look a little deeper than the last month or so, fairly sure Jude has more kills in a Merlin than I have in total.

Anyway Caldari PVP is great, especially on the frigate level

Evil: If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One! [zaps one of his minions accidentally, minion screams]

OT Smithers
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#90 - 2011-11-18 22:57:45 UTC
Jimmy Caldari wrote:
I can use both rails and torps, but i generally prefer missiles in my caldari, i cross trained minmatar for their guns when i realised how terrible hybrids were. In naga i was hoping for a fantastic torp glass cannon, but now all im gonna get is an eagle with big guns. Hybrids are going to be the domain of the talos, why make naga stick with them too?



Answer: Because this was easier for CCP.

And yes, they are (as usual) screwing Caldari pilots.
Jacob Stov
#91 - 2011-11-18 22:59:31 UTC
Well, it is more or less the Caldari ship I always wanted. Hybrid damage bonus on Caldari T1. But from the first second I saw this totally fugly piece of crap I knew I would never fly it.

Tornado looks better, shoots better, runs better. It could be the best torp boat ever, I would never touch it with a 5m pole.
Korg Tronix
Mole Station Nursery
#92 - 2011-11-18 23:07:14 UTC
Jacob Stov wrote:
Well, it is more or less the Caldari ship I always wanted. Hybrid damage bonus on Caldari T1. But from the first second I saw this totally fugly piece of crap I knew I would never fly it.

Tornado looks better, shoots better, runs better. It could be the best torp boat ever, I would never touch it with a 5m pole.


Tbh as much as I like it as a Hybrid boat, I am kinda sad about it no longer a torp boat....now I will actually need to train Large Hybrids to fit it.

Evil: If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One! [zaps one of his minions accidentally, minion screams]

Jimmy Caldari
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#93 - 2011-11-18 23:13:49 UTC
I can already fly talos, now i have virtually no reason at all to fly a naga, despite being really excited until now about it.
vorneus
Hub2
#94 - 2011-11-18 23:18:13 UTC  |  Edited by: vorneus
So the jist I'm getting from this thread is..

There are a handful of crying Caldari pilots, who only trained missiles despite their race specialising (read, having ships bonused to) both missiles and hybrids, who are complaining because the Naga uses rails. If only there were a way to train new skills :(

Another handful of crying Caldari pilots who like the way missiles look and wanted pretty torpedo explosions. Such a shame no other missile platforms are viable :(

A final handful of crying Caldari pilots who seem to be personally offended and think they're being "screwed" by CCP just because the Naga is a railgun platform, despite rails always being part of the race's armory (hybrid platform in every ship class, much?) No further sarcastic comment for this one :)

A bunch of sensible people happy that there is now a BC rail platform that performs well.

I'll join the last bunch. +1 for the new Naga (and I also happen to think it looks rather dashing).

-Ed

This one time, I like, totally did some stuff.

Shivus Tao
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2011-11-18 23:24:08 UTC
You forgot the group of people who lack taste in clean utilitarian design.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#96 - 2011-11-18 23:24:25 UTC
Princess Cellestia wrote:


Listened the wrong way though, should have stuck with torps. Sniping is dead, at 100 you're still well within range of arties and just a few shots and you're dead, way before you do any real damage to an enemy, past 100, you're still screwed because you'll get probed out.



Probe all you want, they can't warp in on your until your at 150km anyway, so that leaves a 50km buffer for you to operate in, outside the range of any standardized alpha fleets range.

Inside that 50km envelope the Naga will put out better DPS than any BC platform in the game, and as good as most BS platforms, while being able to maintain a non heated speed of 1800m/s+, with heat they approach vagabond speeds.

The complete lack of game mechanic knowledge in this thread is staggering, including the lolgoon who thinks alpha owns everything, tell me little Goon, when was the last time you were willing to engage an equal number of pulse abbadons with a same sized alpha fleet?

hint: The answer is you never have and you never will, any time the numbers have ever been close you get curb stomped.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Katabrok First
Apukaray Security
#97 - 2011-11-18 23:26:34 UTC
Korg Tronix wrote:
Jacob Stov wrote:
Well, it is more or less the Caldari ship I always wanted. Hybrid damage bonus on Caldari T1. But from the first second I saw this totally fugly piece of crap I knew I would never fly it.

Tornado looks better, shoots better, runs better. It could be the best torp boat ever, I would never touch it with a 5m pole.


Tbh as much as I like it as a Hybrid boat, I am kinda sad about it no longer a torp boat....now I will actually need to train Large Hybrids to fit it.


That's the correct mentality, TBFH. If you can't fly something you like, you train for it, you don't come crying to the forums asking for mamma.

Btw, I can fly all combat ships under capitals, and I'm happy the naga is a decent hybrid platform.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#98 - 2011-11-19 02:21:08 UTC
Kietay Ayari wrote:
I like your support of the Naga, Grath. But I have a question for you! Not that I am saying you are wrong I am just curious to why the Naga and Talos do not have exactly the same damage since they both use the same weapons and have a 5% damage bonus? :o

I want one sooo bad D:


Sorry, I saw this late, but its likely due strictly to how each ship was fit.


The Talos's 25m3 drone bay definitely makes up SOME of the difference but the rest HAS to be in the fit, because one gets a tracking bonus (Talos) and one gets an optimal bonus (Naga), and both get the 5% damage bonus as you've noted.

Every other difference is going to come from the fit + implants. I'm not exactly sure what he's doing to pump it up to1200 dps, i'll have to try some fits out and see whats what, he could be fitting rails and then blasters, because the numbers SHOULD be identical, he could also be using a fitting tool right now, which is dumb since none of them have accurate numbers on either ship.

I will say that the poster who said the Naga has a better tank is right. It can easily hold a 2x LSE tank whereas the Talos is only fitting a single 1600 plate plus rigs.

The nice thing about both ships is that the guns use virtually no cap when firing, so that even with EVERYTHING running you get 3 to 4 minutes out of either platform.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Desudes
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2011-11-19 02:44:46 UTC
I'd have left it able to field Torps; but I'd also fix torps & give bonuses (dmg + optimal for rails; ROF/dmg for torps I guess?) to fit.

Leaving the Naga with Rails for sniping and torps for brawling. I don't see the optimal range beating tracking + drones for close range though I haven't look at the tank differences due to fitting tools and stats changing around. Will be interesting when this stuff gets finalized.

Excuse me, but what the f*ck are you desu?

Lili Lu
#100 - 2011-11-19 03:25:03 UTC
OT Smithers wrote:
Answer: Because this was easier for CCP.

And yes, they are (as usual) screwing Caldari pilots.


OMG, you poor downtroden thing. You must really hate this game as much as CCP surely hates Caldari. I mean everyone should just self-destruct their Tengus, Drakes, Nighthawks, Vultures, . . .

Seriously, if you feel so depressed and oppressed stop playing now. You are not Caldari, investigate real life again.

And please stop whining about it not being a missile ship. Gallente is not THE hybrid race. They are a combo of hybrid and drone. Caldari are a combo of hybrid and missile. And there are even some Gallente ships with missile launchers and almost every Caldari ship has a small drone bay.

You have to train more than one weapon system in this game. Every race does.