These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rigs on Freighters, Carriers and Dreads in Hisec?

First post
Author
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#41 - 2014-05-03 01:00:30 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
I'll let Fozzie explain this in more details, but in short, no, dreads and carriers won't make it into high-sec.

It's good that we have Ytterbium to hold the fort while his minions are out on pub crawl.

I'd suggest that we'll pester Fozzie once he wakes up, sometime tomorrow afternoon ...

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#42 - 2014-05-03 01:08:34 UTC
jump up and down on his bed at 6am

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#43 - 2014-05-03 02:52:10 UTC
Arya Regnar wrote:
Disgusting, lets just remove suicide ganking all together and ban everyone who isnt a carebear from highsec right?

Yeah, I'm just not feeling the heartbreak here for some reason...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Shamus O'Reilly
Candy Cabal
#44 - 2014-05-03 03:04:41 UTC
Actually. on the note of caps in hisec.

Why not just disallow unpacking on capitals and allow them to be transported thru?

Anyone crazy enough to stuff a cap in a freighter and drag it through the main shipping areas deserves the balls of steel award anyways.

But if done this way it opens gates for cap movements from lower end groups that risk jumping in lowsec and also allow a capital market basis in hisec

(again, if you have balls of steel to transport a 1B+ ship in another low tanked/slow ship in the best ganking regions in EVE...)

All needed to be done is not allow unpacking of caps in hisec areas.

"I swear there are more people complaining over "nullsecers complaining" then actual nullsec people complaining."

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2014-05-03 03:07:13 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Hairpins Blueprint wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
I'll let Fozzie explain this in more details, but in short, no, dreads and carriers won't make it into high-sec.

wonder if you could hauld lvl 5 sov upgrades with JF's now?

If I'm hearing this right, they'll most likely nerf the hold so that you can't get more cargo then you could before. Theyre now just giving you options to use.

But they ARENT options, you can either suck up an in all likelihood SIGNIFICANT cargo nerf in favor of a little more tank that STILL wont save you from someone who decides your worth ganking, or actualy utilizing the full cargohold, except havign even less tank than before because of the cargohold mod/rig penalties.

so its not a choice, its either suck up a cargo-hold nerf and fit tank, or make yourself even easier/cheaper to kill.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#46 - 2014-05-03 03:25:36 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
CompleteFailure wrote:

Given the emphasis they're trying to put on increasing null sec industry, this might be one time CCP will look for a alternative solution to the nerf bat.

I tend to go with this. If they are going to prevent it, and I don't believe that, but for the sake of argument:

I actually think they'ed go with a legality thing where it gets confiscated, like with drugs.

I am amazed that a DEV clearly states that they will not be allowed into HS yet you keep talking like it's going to happen.
Talcuris
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2014-05-03 06:43:51 UTC
Concerning new rIgs and rigs on capitals and freighters, has anyone else been thinking that jump range extender or fuel conservation rigs would be a nice little thing (ᵀᴹ) to have?
Talleria Lange
Pheonix Light Industries
#48 - 2014-05-03 06:59:08 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

Something that I think a fair few of you have failed to notice is that he only mentions that Dreads and Carriers will not be allowed in high-sec. He doesn't mention any thing about not letting the Rorqual into high-sec.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#49 - 2014-05-03 07:04:15 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Rowells wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

If I'm hearing this right, they'll most likely nerf the hold so that you can't get more cargo then you could before. Theyre now just giving you options to use.

But they ARENT options, you can either suck up an in all likelihood SIGNIFICANT cargo nerf in favor of a little more tank that STILL wont save you from someone who decides your worth ganking, or actualy utilizing the full cargohold, except havign even less tank than before because of the cargohold mod/rig penalties.

so its not a choice, its either suck up a cargo-hold nerf and fit tank, or make yourself even easier/cheaper to kill.

I called this two years ago when people started to demand rig slots. Guess my freighter will be getting nerfedSad
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#50 - 2014-05-03 07:09:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Talleria Lange wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

Something that I think a fair few of you have failed to notice is that he only mentions that Dreads and Carriers will not be allowed in high-sec. He doesn't mention any thing about not letting the Rorqual into high-sec.

Simply because the Rorqu already has 1.45M m³ volume, which indicates either that no freighter surpasses that number (so reduction in base cargo amount) or that the volume of the other capitals is going to be increased as well. So you won't be able to get your Rorqu into Jita regardless. Blink

--

Nariya Kentaya wrote:

Which would fit perfectly into this expansion's theme of making Industrialists a whole lot more vulnerable to PVP than they already were before, as well as with Seagull's and other CCP dev's (sickening) mantra of destruction and conflict* they were banging on throughout yesterday's Keynote. So everything is fine and alright. Roll

*don't get me wrong, destruction and conflict is all nice and fine, but ONLY destruction and conflict is a fairly dull.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Talcuris
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2014-05-03 07:18:32 UTC
2 x cargohold optimization rigs are a combined cargohold multiplier of 1.44 right? That would mean no cracking the 500k m³ for Ark or Nomad with the usual 2 tech 2 rig slots, and only Anshar and Rhea capable on transporting the big system upgrades.
Kithran
#52 - 2014-05-03 08:02:20 UTC
Tharin Malkyre wrote:
Rowells wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

Possible, but it could also mean that packaged dreads/carriers will be on the smuggling list that NPC navies scan for. Freighter wouldn't stand a chance on gate. Or they could just be flicking a switch that says 'if there's a packaged X capital in the hold, disallow gate jump.' The switch exists for capitals already, it could temporarily reclass the freighter to not be capable of making gate jumps into hi. Many possibilities. But an important question to get answered.

It won't be as simple as customs - its perfectly possible to just blow a path through customs if you want.

If you look online you should be able to find the video of when people did that to get a jump freighter into jita packed with boosters.
leich
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#53 - 2014-05-03 08:14:51 UTC
The answer to a cargo nerf is very simple buy another alt and run an additional freighter if you cant afford to do that then just get better at eve.
Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#54 - 2014-05-03 08:21:55 UTC
They solve the problem by banishing freighters from high sec as well. They did promise there would be new ships, maybe one of them is a freighter lite.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#55 - 2014-05-03 10:39:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
Super spikinator wrote:
They solve the problem by banishing freighters from high sec as well. They did promise there would be new ships, maybe one of them is a freighter lite.

there wasnt...a freighter that is lol. there were 6 new ships.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Marcus Iunius Brutus
Hoborg Labs
#56 - 2014-05-03 11:17:33 UTC
What size are rigs for freighters going to be? Capital or large?
Kosetzu
The Black Crow Bandits
Northern Coalition.
#57 - 2014-05-03 11:29:40 UTC
Marcus Iunius Brutus wrote:

Likely Capital.
Dave Stark
#58 - 2014-05-03 11:34:39 UTC
Kosetzu wrote:

Likely Capital.

actually, i'd put money on large.

like the orca.
Marcus Iunius Brutus
Hoborg Labs
#59 - 2014-05-03 12:28:48 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
actually, i'd put money on large.

like the orca.

I can't decide what I'd bet.
From the market point of view it would create nice demand in high sec if capital size rigs were chosen.
Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2014-05-03 12:46:53 UTC

Check where they appear in the market bar - under capital ships, therefore the rigs should be capital sized.

It would be nice to allow people to bring the dreads and carriers packaged into hubs for sale. However CCP would have to make it so they cannot be used in combat.