These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Insurance and Loss due to criminal activity

First post
Author
Kronos Hopeslayer
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#161 - 2011-10-24 13:09:11 UTC
When I first started playing I made some silly mistakes with ships and got killed by concord. Like using a smart bomb in a mission or shooting someone by accident (auto target for the win....). Either way back then losing a BS hull and getting no insurance for it would have been devastating to me (a new player) and may have forced me to quit out of disgust.

So for every whiny empire schlep like the OP there is a legitimate player who benefited from insurance that was technically a criminal act. Should new players suffer because people are sick of having their space pinatas suicide ganked?

If you have grown tired of being suicide ganked in empire I highly suggest you wander over to EVE Corporations, Alliances and Organizations Center and find a nullsec/wormhole corporation that fits your needs. You can mission in nullsec, mine, do incursions, manufacture, research and do pretty much everything empire has to offer (except research agents) all without the risk of being suicide ganked. I would suggest you play with other people, and rely on intel and work together to succeed cause ya know this is a MMO Blink

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#162 - 2011-10-24 13:12:53 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Fille Balle wrote:

Would you care to explain to how exactly artificially raising the price of minerals increases the demand?.

subsidies to buyers (i.e. insurance) always both increase price and demand

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Ruah Piskonit
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#163 - 2011-10-24 13:15:09 UTC
If you afk, you die.
If you don't afk, you will not die.
All that removing insurance will do is take ganking out of high sec, which will make high sec more safe and more afk-bot like.

this is not good.

also - RL analogies to EvE is always results in broken logic. make a RL analogy, and you forfeit any claim to legitimacy in your argument.
Halcyon Ingenium
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#164 - 2011-10-24 13:18:24 UTC
Ruah Piskonit wrote:
All that removing insurance will do is take ganking out of high sec

Hehehehehehe. Oh wait, he's serious. Shocked

By the way, since we're already talking, do you want to buy a rifter? I've got the cheapest rifters in Metropolis. If you can find a cheaper rifter, buy it!

Fille Balle
Ballbreakers R us
#165 - 2011-10-24 13:26:56 UTC
DireNecessity wrote:
Fille Balle wrote:

Would you care to explain to how exactly artificially raising the price of minerals increases the demand?

And yes, insurance does directly influence the price of minerals. Two years ago there was such an oversupply of minerals that people where sefldestructing insured Rokhs for profit. As a result, dynamic insurance was introduced.

I'm a little puzzled by your use of the term "directly." The only way I can picture CCP "directly" influencing the price of minerals is if they flat out set the price.

You seem to have the casual arrow pointed the wrong way. Insurance doesn't raise the price of minerals it raises demand for minerals. The increase in demand raises mineral prices (at least until the miners catch up).

CCP changed to dynamic insurance to stop insurance from generating a floor on mineral prices. Specifically the point at which a clever industrialist could build, insure and then destroy a ship for profit. They could have worked the supply side of the equation instead by throttling back ore availibility.

One could argue that the old insurance was in practice a "direct" influence on mineral prices. I would not dispute this. Nonetheless, it's not good argument against fiddling about on the demand side. Rather it's a good argument against fiddling about on the demand side poorly.

It's been said earlier that the purpose of insurance is to promote PvP. The subsidy also affects the market. I don't find the market affects game breaking. Do you?

DireNecessity

By your logic, just because people would no longer get insurance payouts, they would suddenly stop buying ships. If you can gather enough funds to buy a ship once, then you can do it again. To soften the blow somewhat or not, does not change that fact at all.

As to how this would affect suicide ganks, well, it would mean that the ganker would have to take more care when choosing targets. If the ganker still makes profit, then he'll still have isk to buy a new ship. No change here.

The victim would be in a worse situation, but still falls under the rule of: if you can do it once, you can do it again.

After all, a golden rule of EVE is: "Don't fly what you can't afford to loose".

Removing insurance would only mean that you'd have to think more carefully before deciding what you can afford to loose. Players are already so risk averse in this game (and that includes people who pvp), that removing insurance could in no way make people more risk averse. It's not possible to mitigate risk anymore apart from staying docked.

The only people who are less risk averse, are the new players who don't know any better. And those are far more important to the economy than suicide ganks + insurance.

Stop the spamming, not the scamming!

Mag's
Azn Empire
#166 - 2011-10-24 13:39:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Fille Balle wrote:
So how does the person getting ganked mitigate the risks? ...snip...
The fact that your asking, speaks volumes for your position on this topic. But as you've already been enlightened in this regard, so I'll move on.

Fille Balle wrote:
Mag's wrote:

Well now. It's a tier three Battlecruiser. So I'm fairly certain that no mopre than BC III will be needed to pilot it.
All I asked for, was the list of skills you consider needed for these new ships and the time it would take to train them.
I take it from that reply, that you think only BC level 3 would be required. OK moving on.

Fille Balle wrote:
Besides, I already told you that people are already doing it. What I neglected to tell you is that people are doing it with Battleships. I'm not going to point you anywhere, but I'll ask you this:

If no one was doing it, why would it be deemed as an exploit?
You specifically stated that the use of the alt recycling exploit would get worse, with the introduction of these tier 3 BC. I thought you had information and facts to back up this claim. Sure there may be some people doing this now, I've never said otherwise. I just wanted you to provide me with facts, to back up your assertion that it's a problem and going to get worse.

"If no one was doing it, why would it be deemed as an exploit?" Sorry but I'm not sure why you even asked me this. Plus exploits by nature, are deemed so after people abuse a mechanic. Still, I find your question odd.

Fille Balle wrote:
How could I possibly suspect anyone? How would I know that all these characters suddenly appearing stem from the same account? I don't expect anything from you, and I apologize if I somehow gave you that misconception. However, I do believe my point still stands very strong.

Thank you.
If you couldn't suspect anyone and wouldn't know, then how do you arrive at your conclusion that it's a problem and going to get worse with the Tier 3 BC?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Silent Lamb
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#167 - 2011-10-24 13:42:06 UTC
Ruah Piskonit wrote:
If you afk, you die.
If you don't afk, you will not die.
All that removing insurance will do is take ganking out of high sec, which will make high sec more safe and more afk-bot like.

this is not good.

also - RL analogies to EvE is always results in broken logic. make a RL analogy, and you forfeit any claim to legitimacy in your argument.

uh, removing insurance won't take ganking out of high sec.... people already mostly target ships that has a chance for drops that will pay for the lost ship(s) as well as modules ammo and have a bit left over.

Where are they taking the hobbits?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VznlDlNPw4Q

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#168 - 2011-10-24 14:03:46 UTC  |  Edited by: March rabbit
baltec1 wrote:

Keep the hulk aligned to something.

how long you can mine when your speed is like 100m/sec and your laser has range like 20km? something like 3-4 minutes? And then?
Let's say you are smart guy and positioned you hulk on -20km point so you have 40km of distance for mining. Smart decision! Cool
And now we speak about 6-7 minutes of mining before you get our from mining range? Nice operation. What's next?
Lol

EDIT: oh. i think i got your idea! After you get outside of mining range you will realign to other object and move to other direction?
1. What if you have objects only from 1 side of a belt?
2. Do you always have your guns and modules in "tick mode" so you restart them every cycle?
LolLolLolLol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Silent Lamb
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#169 - 2011-10-24 14:15:33 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Keep the hulk aligned to something.

how long you can mine when your speed is like 100m/sec and your laser has range like 20km? something like 3-4 minutes? And then?
Let's say you are smart guy and positioned you hulk on -20km point so you have 40km of distance for mining. Smart decision! Cool
And now we speak about 6-7 minutes of mining before you get our from mining range? Nice operation. What's next?
Lol

EDIT: oh. i think i got your idea! After you get outside of mining range you will realign to other object and move to other direction?
1. What if you have objects only from 1 side of a belt?
2. Do you always have your guns and modules in "tick mode" so you restart them every cycle?
LolLolLolLol

ok... ur smart... set your speed to something lower if you want to constantly move (say... 3 or 4 meters a second.. or don't you know how to do that?) but that one really only works if you're in a less populated area where people don't suicide gank. oh wait... that would require you to move to another spot.

ok, I have a fix for that so you can stay in the same spot. STOP USING DEADSPACE AND FACTION MODULES ON YOUR SHIP!!!

you should not fly what you can not afford to lose. the suicide gankers don't... and they don't need the insurance to pull a profit.

I listed a few things earlier that you guys could do to mitigate your losses. I'll name them again.

1. gtfo of high traffic areas.
2. don't use deadspace/faction modules on your exhumers
3. if you can't afford to replace the exhumers fly covetors.

now, if you're going to whine about people still suicide ganking covetors when there's nothing on the covetor worth suicide ganking over, then you need to accept that you've done something to make them target you (or that it's hulkageddon). if you're constantly targeted in one area, gtfo and move to another area that isn't a regular hangout for people who suicide gank.

seriously, how hard is it to do any of those? I think the people whining don't want to admit they could do things about their 'problem' and want to take it out on others.

keep in mind... I am a hulk pilot on 3 toons, with an orca pilot, all on separate accounts. I haven't been suicide ganked for about 4 years or so. if I can do it so can you.

Fille Balle
Ballbreakers R us
#170 - 2011-10-24 14:38:51 UTC
Mag's wrote:
All I asked for, was the list of skills you consider needed for these new ships and the time it would take to train them.
I take it from that reply, that you think only BC level 3 would be required. OK moving on.

In the entire history of EVE there has never been a t1 subcap ship that requires more than the basic piloting skill in order to pilot it. Apart from that CCP has not given any indication to suggest otherwise. Of course, guns would need to be trained. I thought that much was obvious enough to not require any further clarification.

Mag's wrote:
You specifically stated that the use of the alt recycling exploit would get worse, with the introduction of these tier 3 BC. I thought you had information and facts to back up this claim. Sure there may be some people doing this now, I've never said otherwise. I just wanted you to provide me with facts, to back up your assertion that it's a problem and going to get worse.

"If no one was doing it, why would it be deemed as an exploit?" Sorry but I'm not sure why you even asked me this. Plus exploits by nature, are deemed so after people abuse a mechanic. Still, I find your question odd.

All right, allow me to ammend my statement. How about "could make it worse"? By logical deduction it is very likely to get worse. Because it's faster to train for, and because it can do "similar damage to a battlehip" (CCP devblog) it is the perfect tool for excactly that.

In other words, it is happning you just said so yourself.

Mag's wrote:
If you couldn't suspect anyone and wouldn't know, then how do you arrive at your conclusion that it's a problem and going to get worse with the Tier 3 BC?

See above.

Now, putting this exploit aside, the training time for this ship is likely to be less than a typical battleship. This gives gankers an advantage. Gankers already have an advantage. If you disargee, then I'll point out that every method used to avoid suicide ganks requires time, and SP. Tanks require time to train for as well as SP which could have been used for training trade skills, mining skills or even training up for a freighter instead.

The gankers only need to train up for the desired ship and guns to suit, and he's ready to go. No need for a scout, no need for any tanking skills. Concord will evaporate your ship regardless, and nobody is interested in blowing up a cheaply fit ship.

By looking at the SP needed for each playstyle, I'd say there is a clear difference, which would suggest, to me anyways, that the game currently favors the ganker.

I saved the best for last:

Mag's wrote:
The fact that your asking, speaks volumes for your position on this topic. But as you've already been enlightened in this regard, so I'll move on.

I'm sorry, but no has told me how a player is supposed to know that there are suicide gankers waiting on the other side of a gate, or that there are suicide gankers on their way to the belt they're mining in. Not counting intel channels for Hulkageddon, because that is in my opinion not regular circumstances. Anybody stupid enough to sit in a belt during Hulkageddon deserves no less.

For the gate you could use a scout, sure. But in the belt, I don't really see how you're suposed to forsee that the person warping in is intending to suicide your ship.

You say I'm cemented in my opnion on this topic. I've not heard one good arguement as to why suicide ganking should have the status quo, or even less so, be given a boost.

As for a good argeument as to why it should get a nerf, player retension. Removing insurance from Concord related kills would put a deterrent on "random" ganks. I've already stated that new players are a vital part of the virtual economy. New player are more likely to be the victim of random ganks.

When I say random ganks, I mean when you gank the first and best ship that happens to fly by just for the laughs and tears. I know a good many new players have left as result of such actions. You may say that EVE was not for them. Then I'll say, maybe EVE needs to change to accomodate them.

New players are not only vital to the economy, but they are also vital in order for both EVE and CCP's survival.

Stop the spamming, not the scamming!

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#171 - 2011-10-24 14:40:30 UTC
Fille Balle wrote:
['m sorry, but no has told me how a player is supposed to know that there are suicide gankers waiting on the other side of a gate, or that there are suicide gankers on their way to the belt they're mining in. Not counting intel channels for Hulkageddon, because that is in my opinion not regular circumstances. Anybody stupid enough to sit in a belt during Hulkageddon deserves no less.

this is pretty priceless because you actually mention the solution in your very next sentence admit it works and then dismiss it as too hard

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Tanya Fox
Doomheim
#172 - 2011-10-24 14:43:47 UTC
How about this:

Those on the side of the law, business as usual.

Pirates insured though their own brokers at a higher rate as they're just a likely to rip each other off.

Suicide jockeys no insurance because no insurance broker in their right mind would insure something that was about to be destroyed and make a lose on the deal.

p.s. What's this crap with the 'We've been ganked' message?
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#173 - 2011-10-24 15:04:24 UTC
Silent Lamb wrote:
ok... ur smart... set your speed to something lower if you want to constantly move (say... 3 or 4 meters a second.. or don't you know how to do that?) but that one really only works if you're in a less populated area where people don't suicide gank. oh wait... that would require you to move to another spot.

doesn't ship needs like 75% of its maximum speed to warp? So what do you want to get by setting this speed to 3-4 meters/sec?

Silent Lamb wrote:
ok, I have a fix for that so you can stay in the same spot. STOP USING DEADSPACE AND FACTION MODULES ON YOUR SHIP!!!

yea. this makes a difference! usually fit for hulk contains gist b-type shield booster + t2 stuff. Yea. If you don't put this SB you will safe 50mils after loosing 200+ from ship itself. GREAT DEAL Cool

Silent Lamb wrote:

I listed a few things earlier that you guys could do to mitigate your losses. I'll name them again.

just curious: what if you loose your last covetor? Gankers spend a lot less money than you Lol

Silent Lamb wrote:

now, if you're going to whine about people still suicide ganking covetors when there's nothing on the covetor worth suicide ganking over, then you need to accept that you've done something to make them target you (or that it's hulkageddon). if you're constantly targeted in one area, gtfo and move to another area that isn't a regular hangout for people who suicide gank.

gankers don't move outside of one system you say? Shocked

Silent Lamb wrote:
keep in mind... I am a hulk pilot on 3 toons, with an orca pilot, all on separate accounts. I haven't been suicide ganked for about 4 years or so. if I can do it so can you.

i'm 1 year in zero-sec and i never lost anything expensive to people. So don't talk to me about danger of 0.0! There is no PVP there at all Lol
(see what i did there?)

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#174 - 2011-10-24 15:16:14 UTC
Hey! Where the hell did my post go? Ugh
March rabbit wrote:
Your hulk will need to travel at 67m/s to be aligned unless you've bolted extra cargo space onto it. Without boosting, you have a 30km window to cover, which takes 7½ minutes — more than enough to fill up your cargo hold. At that point, you turn around (or, perhaps even better, warp off to your aligned spot and dump the cargo in the holding thingamajig youv'e parked there) and then turn around and align to a new spot you've set up.

If you have more cargo hold than you might not be full after 7½ minutes, but on the other hand, you will also be slower and can therefore stay aligned just about until you're full anyway, so the tactic remains the same.
Silent Lamb
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#175 - 2011-10-24 15:28:41 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Fille Balle wrote:
Now, putting this exploit aside, the training time for this ship is likely to be less than a typical battleship. This gives gankers an advantage. Gankers already have an advantage. If you disargee, then I'll point out that every method used to avoid suicide ganks requires time, and SP. Tanks require time to train for as well as SP which could have been used for training trade skills, mining skills or even training up for a freighter instead.

are you suggesting that getting shield hardeners or resist amps takes too much time, or that it takes time in general? Also, I'm not disagreeing that gankers have an advantage, but that's because you give it to them. when you fit officer/deadspace/faction modules on your ships you are giving them the advantage of having a source of income when they blow you up. as i've stated several times which no one seems to be accepting, suicide gankers target people that can already pay for their entire ship and fittings that the ganker loses, just from the modules the target drops. if this were not the case it wouldn't happen anywhere near the frequency it does, that said, it really doesn't happen that much outside of major hubs, so gtfo of major hubs if you want to use those modules.

Fille Balle wrote:
As for a good argeument as to why it should get a nerf, player retension. Removing insurance from Concord related kills would put a deterrent on "random" ganks. I've already stated that new players are a vital part of the virtual economy. New player are more likely to be the victim of random ganks.

you have a good point that player retention is needed (by the way your spelling is horrid. not saying mine is perfect, but omg!) and I agree, player tension is needed. however, removing insurance isn't going to have people any less likely to do 'random ganks' as you put it. the people who do random ganks are dicks who don't care. they will still do it, probably just to spite people like you.

Fille Balle wrote:
When I say random ganks, I mean when you gank the first and best ship that happens to fly by just for the laughs and tears. I know a good many new players have left as result of such actions. You may say that EVE was not for them. Then I'll say, maybe EVE needs to change to accomodate them.

you know, that is a problem. CCP has done a few things over the years to try to combat that problem without forcing people to not do it (since doing it is a part of the game).

1. CONCORD responds quicker the higher the sec status of the system is
2. baiting/griefing/various forms of ganking are now against the EULA in noob spawned areas, regardless of how old the player is, which i think is stupid, but they've done it.
3. they have the suicide ganker's sec status drop, which after a while forces them to do things to get it back up.

you were asking for ways to stop suicide ganking hulks, I gave you 3, you rejected all of them, when they do indeed work very well. you complained that getting a tank takes time... my 3 ideas do not require tanks, indeed, one of those ideas provides for less a tank than most ganked hulk pilots, yet still tanks belt rats and allocates for not being a target anywhere near the amount that most ganked people put themselves at.

are you that set in your ways that you can't admit you can do things differently, more easily, and a hell of a lot safer than what you're doing now?

Fille Balle wrote:
New players are not only vital to the economy, but they are also vital in order for both EVE and CCP's survival.

I also agree with this. how about stupid people stop doing stupid things, listen to reason and logic, stop making themselves targets, and then pass on the knowledge of how to do so to newer players?

that's what I do....

Edit: Name calling removed, CCP Phantom

Tanya Fox
Doomheim
#176 - 2011-10-24 15:33:15 UTC
March rabbit wrote:

i'm 1 year in zero-sec and i never lost anything expensive to people. So don't talk to me about danger of 0.0! There is no PVP there at all Lol
(see what i did there?)

You had no wars or scouts passing through your space in 0.0 daily. Don't know what time frame you are refering to, but your 0.0 sounds no fun at all. Just glad it was not like that when I was there.
Silent Lamb
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#177 - 2011-10-24 15:48:06 UTC
note, I can apparently only make 5 'quotes' which includes a person quoting a person. if you have a brain you'll understand why I'm bringing this up when you read the below.

March rabbit wrote:

(Silent Lamb) ok, I have a fix for that so you can stay in the same spot. STOP USING DEADSPACE AND FACTION MODULES ON YOUR SHIP!!!

(the xShadow of Deathx guy) yea. this makes a difference! usually fit for hulk contains gist b-type shield booster + t2 stuff. Yea. If you don't put this SB you will safe 50mils after loosing 200+ from ship itself. GREAT DEAL Cool

well, most suicide gankers won't suicide gank you if it's not worth their while... if you don't have nice drops they won't gank you anywhere near the amount they do now. I mean yeah, some people are just dicks, wait... aren't you supposed to be a xShadow of Deathx pilot? dude, stop trolling. I'm trying to bring logic to these whiners so that people like you can continue to suicide gank in high sec, which actually gives me a lot of business since I make hulks.

March rabbit wrote:

(Silent Lamb) I listed a few things earlier that you guys could do to mitigate your losses. I'll name them again.

(the xShadow of Deathx guy) just curious: what if you loose your last covetor? Gankers spend a lot less money than you Lol

you're under the assumption suicide gankers gank for the hell of it and not because it profits them? dude, you're either trolling, in denial of the truth, or unaware that far less covetors get ganked vs hulks as almost no one fits stuff on covetors worth ganking them. also, you need to acknowledge that it's easier to make 20 mil than it is 200. you're also refusing to acknowledge that as well as the fact you shouldn't fly what you can't afford to lose (hm, that's a common theme here)...

March rabbit wrote:

(Silent Lamb) now, if you're going to whine about people still suicide ganking covetors when there's nothing on the covetor worth suicide ganking over, then you need to accept that you've done something to make them target you (or that it's hulkageddon). if you're constantly targeted in one area, gtfo and move to another area that isn't a regular hangout for people who suicide gank.

(xShadow of Deathx guy) gankers don't move outside of one system you say? Shocked

I didn't say that. I said gtfo out high traffic areas. over 90% of all suicide ganks happen by hubs, with less than 3% happening outside 6 jumps from hubs. do the math. also, there's so many more systems outside the hubs than there are within 6 jumps from the hubs. so do some more math. and to be frank, the only times I see suicide gankers in the constellation I mine in is during hulkageddon.

March rabbit wrote:
Silent Lamb wrote:

(see what i did there?)

lol like I said... you're trolling. and you obviously don't like it that an industrialist is taking your side... rather petty. I would think you would appreciate an industrialist making valid, honest, helpful, logical suggestions and points in what the miners can do so they'll stop whining.

wait, you like their tears... n/m

Mag's
Azn Empire
#178 - 2011-10-24 16:01:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Fille Balle wrote:
In the entire history of EVE there has never been a t1 subcap ship that requires more than the basic piloting skill in order to pilot it. Apart from that CCP has not given any indication to suggest otherwise. Of course, guns would need to be trained. I thought that much was obvious enough to not require any further clarification.
Well they will require large guns to fullfill it's role, but as you don't want to list the skills, we'll move on.

Fille Balle wrote:
All right, allow me to ammend my statement. How about "could make it worse"? By logical deduction it is very likely to get worse. Because it's faster to train for, and because it can do "similar damage to a battlehip" (CCP devblog) it is the perfect tool for excactly that.

In other words, it is happning you just said so yourself.
No, I said there may be some people doing this now, but I really don't know and it seems neither do you.

So what could be a problem, might become what could be, a bit worse of a problem. Glad we got that sorted.

Fille Balle wrote:

The gankers only need to train up for the desired ship and guns to suit, and he's ready to go. No need for a scout, no need for any tanking skills. Concord will evaporate your ship regardless, and nobody is interested in blowing up a cheaply fit ship.

By looking at the SP needed for each playstyle, I'd say there is a clear difference, which would suggest, to me anyways, that the game currently favors the ganker.
So to clarify your points, the ganker will only need to train skills like an exploiter, doesn't need a scout and doesn't have to waste time.
Whereas the gankee has to waste time on tanking skills and on avoiding ganks. (needs a scout? you didn't say)

Also you need to put the exploit aside, it really has no bearing on insurance and needs to be addressed separately. If it is indeed a problem, let's hope CCP are looking into it.

Fille Balle wrote:
I saved the best for last:
Let's hope so.

Fille Balle wrote:
I'm sorry, but no has told me how a player is supposed to know that there are suicide gankers waiting on the other side of a gate, or that there are suicide gankers on their way to the belt they're mining in. Not counting intel channels for Hulkageddon, because that is in my opinion not regular circumstances. Anybody stupid enough to sit in a belt during Hulkageddon deserves no less.

For the gate you could use a scout, sure. But in the belt, I don't really see how you're suposed to forsee that the person warping in is intending to suicide your ship.

You say I'm cemented in my opnion on this topic. I've not heard one good arguement as to why suicide ganking should have the status quo, or even less so, be given a boost.

None of which negates the fact that a gankee can mitigate the risk. You even listed some of them in your reply.
But the fact that you think training tanking skills is wasted time, again speaks volumes about your stance on this topic.

Also when people suggest change, the onus is upon them to give valid reasons why it is needed.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#179 - 2011-10-24 16:03:43 UTC
Rocky Deadshot wrote:
Normally Insurance companies are in it to make money. (assuming they aren't being paid off by the Jove) So logically it would make since that if the company could find a reason to deny your claim and keep all of the isk you paid them, they would.

Receiving insurance for being killed by concord, is like running from the police after committing a crime, then wrecking your car and expecting your insurance company to cover it. Which to most people sounds lubricious... but I here in the UK you can get sued for defending yourself from a mugger... so I guess they have a different point of view

real insurance companies also don't pay out for non-policy holders like eve does

anyone who thinks of eve insurance as an actual insurance company instead of a game mechanic can be safely ignored

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#180 - 2011-10-24 16:23:12 UTC
Silent Lamb wrote:

well, most suicide gankers won't suicide gank you if it's not worth their while... if you don't have nice drops they won't gank you anywhere near the amount they do now. I mean yeah, some people are just dicks, wait... aren't you supposed to be a xShadow of Deathx pilot? dude, stop trolling. I'm trying to bring logic to these whiners so that people like you can continue to suicide gank in high sec, which actually gives me a lot of business since I make hulks.
you're under the assumption suicide gankers gank for the hell of it and not because it profits them? dude, you're either trolling, in denial of the truth, or unaware that far less covetors get ganked vs hulks as almost no one fits stuff on covetors worth ganking them. also, you need to acknowledge that it's easier to make 20 mil than it is 200. you're also refusing to acknowledge that as well as the fact you shouldn't fly what you can't afford to lose (hm, that's a common theme here)...

you are funny. Have you ever heard about Goons (with their bounty on killed industrials) and hulkageddon (with billions on prises for the most succesfull killers)? You speaks like you never heard about "carebear tears".
Well. I can imagine that somewhere in dark corners of Eve university we can find real pirate who attacks his victims to get ISKies.... But i'm pretty sure (and what i see only proves it) that 99% of miners didn't killed because of deadspace/faction stuff but for lulz. So your ideas about defence wont simply work.

Silent Lamb wrote:

lol like I said... you're trolling. and you obviously don't like it that an industrialist is taking your side... rather petty. I would think you would appreciate an industrialist making valid, honest, helpful, logical suggestions and points in what the miners can do so they'll stop whining.

wait, you like their tears... n/m

you are wrong here Lol i'm not an industrialist but i prefer smart game play and not stupid "i win" button. That's why i'm against suicide gankers here. They simply play "IDKFA mode" (if you know what it means). That's why i support nerf of supers. But this is offtopic here.