These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Team Avatar and the future of our prototype

First post First post First post
Author
Teinyhr
Ourumur
#3621 - 2014-04-14 17:21:14 UTC
Tarpedo wrote:
Perhaps we have a chance to see actual EVE expansion couple years later - maybe even WiS expansion (some of WoD devs will continue to work for CCP)

There once this guy right, he said he had a dream right... Well, just saying I consider this very unlikely. CCP's pretty clearly shown they don't give a **** about WiS (except for marketing purposes) and won't iterate on it in the next 5 years at least.
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#3622 - 2014-04-14 17:41:55 UTC
Tarpedo wrote:
World of Darkness is dead officially. Like -10% of CCP's total workforce are fired and I guess that will release approximately half of CCP's R&D budget.

Perhaps we have a chance to see actual EVE expansion couple years later - maybe even WiS expansion (some of WoD devs will continue to work for CCP)

Yea, I saw that. Really disappointing. I'm going to drop my subs. Not specifically because of this but I've just lost my faith in CCP's ability in general. I might resub every couple of expansions to see what's what but that's about it. It's not like i've actually been playing the last couple of months anyway.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Droidyk
Maniacal Miners INC
The Legends In The Game
#3623 - 2014-04-14 17:45:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Droidyk
Indeed, The EVE Universe is there, we are just exploring and opening more and more within it. I am really excited P
Broker Agent
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3624 - 2014-04-14 18:00:55 UTC
I actually cancelled my sub a little while ago. That announcement just made me more secure in my decision.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#3625 - 2014-04-14 18:06:03 UTC
To any of you un-subbing over this wonderful development, can I have your stuffs?

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#3626 - 2014-04-14 18:21:16 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
To any of you un-subbing over this wonderful development, can I have your stuffs?

I'm not un-subbing because of this really... I'm just bored. I've played Eve with a continuous sub for more than 5 years. It just doesn't hold my interest any more. I just needed an excuse and reading that gave me the excuse.

Also no, you can't have my stuff. Can't blame you for trying though.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#3627 - 2014-04-14 18:59:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Arduemont wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

I'm not un-subbing because of this really... I'm just bored. I've played Eve with a continuous sub for more than 5 years. It just doesn't hold my interest any more. I just needed an excuse and reading that gave me the excuse.

Also no, you can't have my stuff. Can't blame you for trying though.

I take an extended break 1-2 times a year, I recommend this to anyone who has been playing more than a couple years.

It's a great time to do it too, summer is coming, the trees are blooming, and the wimmenz are starting to wear less and less again.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#3628 - 2014-04-14 19:15:43 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

I take an extended break 1-2 times a year, I recommend this to anyone who has been playing more than a couple years.

This, really, every time you get a feeling that "you should log into EvE to do X", take a break.

Doc Fury wrote:

It's a great time to do it too, summer is coming, the trees are blooming, and the wimmenz are starting to wear less and less again.

Wait a month and come to Stockholm ... ;)

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#3629 - 2014-04-14 19:24:45 UTC
I'm really hoping maybe a few of the former WoD employees might be tasked to work on WiS, but I think it's probably unlikely still, unfortunately.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#3630 - 2014-04-14 19:40:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
I guess now is a good time to take a break. Average active player numbers are almost the lowest they have been in two years and still falling.

As for hoping the guys from WoD team will move over to Eve and then work on WiS. Don't even think about it, they laid off all 56 of them.

Looks to me like CCP isn't in a very good state frankly.

Kuronaga
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#3631 - 2014-04-14 19:54:45 UTC
Give me decent WiS PvE/Social content, move Dust to PS4 so it actually has a chance on a system that isn't crippling its potential, add deadspace/suborbital areas for Valkyrie pilots to fight in which ties into existing planetary conquest/Sov engagements... and yea, I could see those sub numbers rising again.

Game is currently what it has always been. It's been getting more of what it's always gotten which is no bad thing, but isn't enough. Time for some brave new strides.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#3632 - 2014-04-14 21:07:04 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
It's inevitable that one day WIS will become part of the eve universe Rhes.

It's already there. Dock up and enjoy walking around (very slowly) in the station!

That's why I'd like to see it completed, it's no different to wanting to see sov revised as it's already in the game.

The sov system is actually broken. Unless your characters' legs no longer propel you around your captain's quarters WiS is working.

It does not look broken to me, it's simply a popular conceit. I think sov is fine and personally I have no need of it, so from now I would advise ccp not to bother replacing it. Sov is not eve. Eve is about people, avatars are the future, planting flags on star systems is working fine, just ask the goons, it's working well for them. The space game is finished, the avatar game started with cq needs finishing.

Htfu etc.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#3633 - 2014-04-14 22:06:28 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
I guess now is a good time to take a break. Average active player numbers are almost the lowest they have been in two years and still falling.

As for hoping the guys from WoD team will move over to Eve and then work on WiS. Don't even think about it, they laid off all 56 of them.

Looks to me like CCP isn't in a very good state frankly.

Personally I think that ccp are cleaning the balance sheet ready for a take over. I would bet that they've been approached by EA, as they've taken on ea staff and have gone balls out to raise revenue with plex for everything. I think hilmar is sick of eve as he's never been the same since the fallout from the greed is good memo.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Flamespar
WarRavens
#3634 - 2014-04-15 02:12:28 UTC
Can CCP actually deliver anything?

Except hype of course
Space Juden
Supermassive Potato Pancake
#3635 - 2014-04-15 02:25:43 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
Can CCP actually deliver anything?

Except hype of course

They were good at delivering half-finished content then forgetting about it, now that they're into delivering fully finished content there doesn't seem to be much of it
Kuronaga
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#3636 - 2014-04-15 04:24:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuronaga
Just imagine the content we might have had if those 56 employees were actually working on relevant stuff this entire time.

Of course its not like anyone had the foresight to tell CCP that WoD was vaporware, you know, every day since forever.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3637 - 2014-04-22 21:17:23 UTC
I've been seeing a lot of sad roleplayers and WiS fetishists opening threads in GD and they all end up getting locked so I'm bumping this thread to remind everybody that this is the only approved ghetto for all your WiS badposting.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Solecist Project
#3638 - 2014-04-22 21:23:14 UTC
Broker Agent wrote:
I actually cancelled my sub a little while ago. That announcement just made me more secure in my decision.
10/10

Would bang in CQ.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Jayem See
Perkone
Caldari State
#3639 - 2014-04-22 21:25:57 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Broker Agent wrote:
10/10

Would bang in CQ.

Are you at it again?

You ok hon?

Aaaaaaand relax.

Solecist Project
#3640 - 2014-04-22 21:37:26 UTC
Rhes wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of sad roleplayers and WiS fetishists opening threads in GD and they all end up getting locked so I'm bumping this thread to remind everybody that this is the only approved ghetto for all your WiS badposting.
You know...........

Looking at your portrait, it seems obvious that you played around with it.
You express more emotional content in your face than many of those who want WiS to happen.

That's quite interesting, actually. I doubt that you got this look right at the first time and I also
doubt that it is just a random choice, given the specificness of your expression.

You made that face on purpose.
Even the beard shows that you put actual thought behind it.

You do enjoy the abilities of the character creator,
whicb makes me assume that you are rather unhappy with seeing all these
faces that in no way or form express the same enjoyment for it as you do.

I COULD believe that the reason for your constant bashing against these people is
that you actually wanted WiS to happen, but now deny it yourself because of the
honestly gigantic disappointment CCP hay created.

Personally, I completely agree with parts of what you say, but also with parts of what others say.

I believe that YOU would actually be a great player in a WiS environment,
simply because of your ability to make a character that's not like the crap
most of these wannabe avatar fans create.

I would rather have YOU sit in a virtual bar next to me,
than most of these people who say that they want avatar gameplay,
but are completely unable to recreate actual emotional expressions in their faces.

These people are creepy.
You are not.

So despite your display of opposition,
I am actually fairly sure that you would enjoy the environment,
as long as it has not to be shared with... these people.

Understand this however you want. It's an observation
and there is no illwill towards you.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia